z

Young Writers Society

Diner

47 Reviews

Reviews: 47
Sat Jan 01, 2011 12:28 am
View Likes
Skorpionne says...

Magdalene Faust opened the door, and walked in out of the rain. Flicking her wet hair back over her shoulder, she slid into a booth, not meeting anyone's eyes, and withdrew a battered laptop from her bag. Whilst the ancient thing loaded, Magdalene sneaked a furtive glance around the diner.
I've learned so much from people who never existed - Unknown

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Sat Jan 01, 2011 4:56 pm
View Likes
JMHudak says...

"sure kid, ill get that up for you in a second" the waiter said writing down the order and going to the window behind the counter giving the cook the order. he made the receipt and glanced around surprised when he saw the soaked girl sitting at the booth who hadn't been there a moment before.

"hey Linda"the waiter said walking towards the back where Linda was changing the syrup for the soda machine,"I got a costumer for you, she has your stuff written all over her."

She looked up at him" okay, you can finish this up for me write? Thanks." Linda brushed the dirt off her apron and took her post its and pen out of her pocket. She went to the booth where the young lady chose to sit down" hi there honey, can i get you anything cola, ginger ale root beer, or anything to eat?"
"life is too important to be taken seriously"- Oscar wilde

47 Reviews

Reviews: 47
Sat Jan 01, 2011 5:38 pm
View Likes
Skorpionne says...

"Coke, please."
Magdalene gave up on loading her laptop, and put it back into the bag.
I've learned so much from people who never existed - Unknown

Random avatar

Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:18 pm
View Likes
JMHudak says...

"hey Lucce i need a coke"Linda said loudly "anything else? oh thanks Lucce" Lucce over putting a glass bottle of coke in front of the girl and refreshing the others drinks and putting the huge order in front of the boy in a large brown paper bag.

17 Reviews

Reviews: 17
Sat Jan 15, 2011 3:51 pm
View Likes
emmaline49 says...

A tall young man of about seventeen slipped inside the diner, looking around with a small frown on his face. He sat down and clenched his fists on the table, keeping his head down so as to avoid the attention of the others. Unfortunately, this attempt did not succeed.
In the midst of winter/I found there lay within me/an eternal summer

131 Reviews

Reviews: 131
Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:04 am
View Likes
Sunshine says...

Spirit watches as the waitress walks around, helping all in the quickly filling resturant. She sighed, leaning against the back of her red chair, examining each person who walked in. Better safe than sorry after all. Her eyes caught a tall guy sitting head down at his table. He didn't look too dark and unpleasant but he seemed unsocial and unhappy. Yet, she could be wrong. She studied him for a second, a small smile growing on her face. Spirit loved helping people, making people happy. Her mom once said she was a Sunflower, bringing across a smile. Her best friend once said that she could turn the world around but he-he was easily forgetable. Sorry she even brung that thought up, Spirit plops down beside the young man.
"I'm Spirit Jones. You are?"

The young man looks up and Spirit puts on a bright smile. Yes, this is what she loved doing. No matter how annoying it could seem. Waiting for his answer Spirit weaves her finger through her blond hair.
I have loved the words and I have hated them. I only hope I have made them right.

---The Book Thief---

Hi, I'm Sunshine! It's lovely to meet you!

Random avatar

Sat Jan 22, 2011 1:03 am
View Likes
JMHudak says...

The waiter went over to the two new arrivals as the girls sat down. The look on the guys face told Lucce nhe came just in time as an ice breaker.

"hello there I'm lucce, Ill be your server today, what can i get'chya"? he got out a pad of paper and a pen. " surprise me with what youd like"

17 Reviews

Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:24 pm
View Likes
emmaline49 says...

"Nothing right now," said the young man. He turned to Spirit and nodded at her. "I'm Luke."

Random avatar

Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:06 am
View Likes
JMHudak says...

Lucce walked away drifting behind the counter, "Linda i need a new line of work, something more exciting."

"Lucifer, i mean Lucce, your a naturally exciting person, anyways if these people knew they were being served by a dragon and whatever you want to call me it'd be very exciting." she eyed they teenager thoughtfully, but i suppose when you've been alive since 115 A.D. everyday life seems boring,so just hang in there Alex will be here soon to take your shift, anyways you could always go find an ogre to rumble with, maybe scare a few people and make a sci-fi headline, ah to be young again."

A loud bang was heard outside the dinner and several heads turned to look for the source of the sound to no avail. Linda put on her coat and walked outside to find a very young boy hopping of a vintage Harley . He took off his helmet and looked at linda through cold onyx eyes, " I'm sorry for all that, commuting was never a strong point of mine, i like horses better, or just plain walking." his hair was moist with sweat from the tight helmet,go tell lucce to go I'll fix this dent in the dumpster. Linda was so shocked by the sudden arrival shed forgotten about the noise and sure enough there was a large dent where he motorcycle had rammed into the metal side.

Linda walked back into the diner to find Lucce arguing with some one heatedly on the telephone.
" no charlie we need it here by morning or it wont be of any use!, yes i know what time it is and your three hours late so hurry up!" he slammed the phone down and looked at linda.

"shifts over, go home and take a nap,and a shower" Linda got some money from the register placed it into an envelope and gave it to lucce, "here, weekly salary, see you tomorrow." Alex then stepped into the shop unnoticed as he put on an apron and got out silver pocket-watch. To Linda he looked about ten with hair black as oil, but he looked different to everyone, some saw him as a tall blonde man in his thirties. others an elderly man with hair whiter than snow. But creation always was very mysterious.

Alex took the pots of coffee, decaf on the left regular on the right, and went around refilling cups and getting orders by pure memory. Linda smiled and watched the little haven she'd created but was quickly interrupted by a timer buzzing in the kitchen, sighing she walked back muttering "no good deed goes unpunished."

131 Reviews

Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:36 pm
View Likes
Sunshine says...

Spirit smiles a big bright smile. At least he was talking to her. That was good. She watches as the waitress hurries away without asking her what she wanted to eat. Something crazy was going outside and Spirit watched it with semi interest. Her stomach growled and she smiled sheepishly at the boy named Luke. Honestly, she hadn't eaten in in days.
"Sorry. I probaly should have gotten something to eat."
I have loved the words and I have hated them. I only hope I have made them right.

---The Book Thief---

17 Reviews

Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:26 pm
View Likes
emmaline49 says...

Luke smiled at her. "No big deal," he said. "So, Spirit. Um, that's an interesting name." He flushed, clearly embarrassed. "Sorry. I'm not great at talking to girls."

131 Reviews

Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:02 am
View Likes
Sunshine says...

Spirit smiles at him.

"Totally ok. I understand. Anyway, my mom named me Spirit because she said that it fit my personality from the day I was born. Plus, my mom's a unique person."
She gave him a wink, hoping it made him more comfortable instead of more awkward. "So Luke, what do you like to do?"

---The Book Thief---

17 Reviews

Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:24 am
View Likes
emmaline49 says...

"It's dumb, but I love to sing," laughed Luke. Her wink had made him ten times more uncomfortable. "You?"

131 Reviews

Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:02 am
View Likes
Sunshine says...

Spirit bites her lip. Luke shifts, looking uncomfortable. It's not like she could tell him the truth, he would think she was a weirdo. Then again, when did she care? " I um... steal stuff. Prank people. You know... I play guitar a little." Or she did. She hadn't in years, but it would be nice to relate to Luke.

---The Book Thief---

17 Reviews

Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:35 pm
View Likes
emmaline49 says...

"Steal stuff?" Luke stared at her. "What stuff?"

XD YES !!!! EMBRACE THE POWER OF CAPS LOCK + EXCLAMATION!!!! no SHAME IN BEING EASILY EXCITABLE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
— Euphory