z

Young Writers Society

The Hunger Games 2 - Accepting

49 Reviews

Reviews: 49
Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:39 pm
MilkNCookies says...

sorry Calligraphy- A lot of school work going on!

Name: Sky

District: 5

Appearance/Picture:
Spoiler! :

History: She grew up on a form. her mother died when she was five, and she's always helped calving and such. Her father is on a small farm, and produces large amounts of milk, eggs, and meat. To defend the livestock, she knows several arts of self defense, though not the best at fighting.

Skills: Sly, god at convincing people

Weaknesses: Scared, easily taken over, not strong

Personality: She's one for all, in most cases. she's quite bubbly.

Up For Alliances?: Yes

Your Symbol:
Spoiler! :

How much are you willing to post 1-10 (10 being once a week 1 being a few times a day): 1 most of the time

Other:
Last edited by MilkNCookies on Sun Oct 03, 2010 1:17 am, edited 3 times in total.
"Fantasy is a way of looking through the wrong end of the telescope."

"The writer who breeds more words than he needs is making a chore for the reader who reads!"

~Dr.Seuss.

Random avatar

Reviews: 275
Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:51 pm
Calligraphy says...

Spot saved dragon

336 Reviews

Reviews: 336
Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:42 pm
Jas says...

Name: Lucabelle (Pronounced Lusabelle As in Lucy without the y and an added belle at the end) Widows

District: 12 (I don't want to be cliche with the District 12 thing but its relevant to her past)

Appearance/Picture: She's a small girl who turned 12 two weeks before the reaping. She is still a child,
psychically and mentally though she does know and understand the hardships of life in the Seam (Was that what
it was called?). Her long blonde curls, end a bit longer than the middle of her back. She has sharp
green eyes, which run in the family, rather than the typical grey eyes. She's short and petite, and
very skinny but not only from the poverty she lives in, it's just natural.

History:

Lucabelle comes from a long line (9 generations) of woman who's husbands have died. Over time, the females of the
family decided not to take the last name of whatever husband they married, but keep Widows to remember their
history. Lucabelle's father died when she was seven years old from lung cancer from the coal mines. Lucabelle
had rarely seen her mother or aunts without some sort of black clothing on, whether it be a scarf or
shirt or even a hairband holding up all their blonde hair. Her great-grandfather was in a Gamemaker, but after
a technical difficulty caused by him that allowed two tributes to live another day rather than face a grizzly death,
he was "transfered" to District 12. In a ironic sort of revenge, the Gamemaker's great-grandaughter now faces the
same Hunger Games he used to work at. Her great-grandfather left all his books on the Hunger Games and basically,
Survival 101 hidden in his bag when he was transfered and kept it just in case one of his decesdents was picked.
The family were all well-versed in these books from a very young age so Lucabelle has all her great-grandfathers
(probably outdated but still useful) knowledge on the Hunger Games. Guess that came in handy.

Skills: She's very small and can hide very well. Her blonde hair makes her more visible to people, but a
couple of days in the arena, and no one will be able to tell whether her hair turned purple under all the dirt.

Weaknesses: She's a very knowledgable yet innocent girl. She will never have the guts to kill someone point-blank
but she'd be willing to set a trap that would leave someone dead if it means she lives for a little longer.

Personality: She's sweet, innocent, naive and very trusting. Buuuut, she can also tell when things or people are
shady. She's smart enough to know not to make any allies and not to go near the Careers.

Up For Alliances?: When making an alliance, be sure to PM the other character's maker so that you are
clear on the terms of the alliance. Probably not, unless you seem sweet and innocent. Not deadly. Or violent.

Your Symbol: symbols cannot have any uses. So no necklaces with poison in them or anything: A ring with the words,
You are who you wish to be, which is a family heriloom passed down through the woman of the family for many years.

How much are you willing to post 1-10 (10 being once a week 1 being a few times a day): 4 on the weekdays which is like once or twice a day and, 1 on the weekends

Other: NOT up for love. That's just creepy yo. Oh and Lucabelle has a surprising talent that will appear in the Games. I won't spoil it now. :)
I am nothing
but a mouthful of 'sorry's, half-hearted
apologies that roll of my tongue, smoothquick, like 'r's
or maybe like pocket candy
that's just a bit too sweet.

~*~

Random avatar

Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:59 pm
Calligraphy says...

Sorry, but can you at lease p.m. me the talent so I know. I have to make sure it isn't too powerful. Also, everyone from the seam has black hair and gray eyes. You will have to change something to work with that.

A. S.

336 Reviews

Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:14 pm
View Likes
Jas says...

Lucabelle didn't originate from the Seam, her grandfather was from the capital and grew up there. To be truthful, I don't know what the power is yet :)
I am nothing

~*~

Reviews: 0
Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:25 pm
MathisSiddel says...

You will still need to get it approved before you use the power. =_=
███████████████!!Story Booker Here!!███████████████

336 Reviews

Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:29 pm
Jas says...

I know.
I am nothing

~*~

Random avatar

Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:35 pm
Calligraphy says...

please keep chit chat to the DT :) thanks

27 Reviews

Reviews: 27
Fri Oct 01, 2010 1:37 am
View Likes
Amnien says...

Name: Amnien

District: 3

Appearance/Picture: He is bulky with very little fat. His hair is buzzed but you can still see the dark brown in it. His eyes are blue and his brow is always furrowed like he is in deep thought.

History: Soon after Amnien was born his mother passed away from sickness. Nobody knew who Amnien's father was so they sent him to live with a poor family with no children. Amnien's new parents both worked in machinery plant and as soon as Amnien was able to walk and speak they set to work on training him for work in the plant. Amnien was always brighter then the students of his class and much stronger too. He was caring but only to his parents,to him nobody else mattered. One year the games really caught Amnien's attention so he started practicing, he always had a feeling that he would be called on during the reaping. Amnien would steal scraps of metal and make weapons from them, then practice. He would build dummies out of cloth supplies and tear them to shreds with his blades. He worked out and ran everyday to build his steed and endurance. The day that his name was during the reaping, Amnien smiled. Not to cover up fear or to look good for the cameras, but, because he knew that this year would be the year that everyone remembered Amnien!

Skills: His skills with a sword are almost unmatchable, he is quick in both combat and running. He is very good at reading people and knowing whom to trust. He is very smart because he is a very good reasoner and thinks before he acts.

Weaknesses: Not good when it comes to hunting or knowing what is safe to eat or drink. Sometimes his confidence gets the best of him.

Personality: Quiet and secretive. Not cocky but no shy.

Up For Alliances?: No, he only trusts himself

Your Symbol:
Spoiler! :

How much are you willing to post 1-10 (10 being once a week 1 being a few times a day): 1-3

Other:
Simply Crazed.

Once you see death up close, then you know what the value of life is. - SAW VI

Random avatar

Fri Oct 01, 2010 2:47 pm
Calligraphy says...

Looks good Amnien!

446 Reviews

Reviews: 446
Fri Oct 01, 2010 4:37 pm
Yuriiko says...

Hey, is there a vacant space for me?
"Life is a poem keep it in the present tense." -Sherrel Wigal

Reviews: 0
Fri Oct 01, 2010 6:07 pm
MathisSiddel says...

Look under the districts
Spoiler! :
here :D
thing for a list. Be sure to check all the peoples though because Cal has not updated it fully.
███████████████!!Story Booker Here!!███████████████

Random avatar

Fri Oct 01, 2010 9:50 pm
Calligraphy says...

All, characters look good so far to the people who edited theirs. :D

A. S.

P.S. I am probably going to start as soon as all the profiles are filled. That shouldn't take too long :)
P.P.S. Make alliances in the DT!

78 Reviews

Reviews: 78
Sat Oct 02, 2010 3:35 am
pinkangel54123 says...

I'm sorry, but I'll have to drop out.
Want a heavenly review?

GENERATION 30: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

446 Reviews

Reviews: 446
Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:57 am
Yuriiko says...

Hello. I never read Hunger Games but I think this is going to be cool to join here. Oh well.

Name: Dominic Gray

District: 2

Appearance/Picture:
Spoiler! :
josh-hutcherson-spider-man-30-6-10-kc.jpg
josh-hutcherson-spider-man-30-6-10-kc.jpg (63.75 KiB) Viewed 110 times

History: Dominic's mother died during his child birth and it was only his father who has taken good care of him. During his childhood years, he had spent his pastime learning few basic first aid techniques, taught by his father who was only a minor but infamous doctor in their poor small town. He also learned to home nurse when his father once got Tuberculosis. And since then, his medical skills has increased and developed more.

Skills: Capable at running and to any physical activities and has various knowledge of immediate healing or first-aid methods. Also, he's good at using bow and arrow for easy targets and good at keeping his eyes to some people who he thinks are harmful and enemies.

Weaknesses: He is sometimes a man of small words. He rarely talks to people and thinks too much of a very particular matter that would sometimes lead him to confusion and be unaware of his surroundings.

Personality: He's never been good on teams and thus, prefer to work alone. However, he communicates people through his sense of sarcasm and slight of humor. He only nods or smile upon agreeing on something and is very sensitive to the atmosphere around him. A loyal gentleman and a loving son he is to his sick father and maybe to some others.

Up For Alliances?: Nah.

Your Symbol:
Spoiler! :
772.jpg
772.jpg (64.96 KiB) Viewed 110 times

How much are you willing to post 1-10: Three

Other:
"Life is a poem keep it in the present tense." -Sherrel Wigal

'Tis the season to shovel enormous amounts of watermelon into your mouth while hunched over the cutting board like a dehydrated vampire that hasn't fed on blood in four hundred years and the only viable substitute is this questionable Christmas-colored fruit.
— Ari11