z

Young Writers Society

Blood Type (Open to all!)

49 Reviews

Reviews: 49
Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:23 am
MilkNCookies says...

Wait... it's my profile OMG!!! The forum spit it out *dances around happily* . Use the other one, though!
Last edited by MilkNCookies on Sun Sep 26, 2010 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Fantasy is a way of looking through the wrong end of the telescope."

"The writer who breeds more words than he needs is making a chore for the reader who reads!"

~Dr.Seuss.

Reviews: 3
Sat Sep 25, 2010 2:56 am
Twitchy says...

Meine schwester ich schon! When do we start?
Life's to short to waste time thinking about tomorrow. Live for today and deal when the consequences when they get here!

377 Reviews

Reviews: 377
Sat Sep 25, 2010 10:35 am
View Likes
seeminglymeaningless says...

Hey :) Mind if I join?

Name: Cherrize (Cherry) Walter

Species: Vampire

Blood Type: A-

Side: For, but despises herself

Appearance: Cherry is of Spanish descent, so her skin colour is inherently dark. Her eyes are brown, and her hair is black. She is voluptuous and isn't afraid of using her pretty face and body to ensnare a stranger.

Personality: Bitter

Brief History: Diagnosed at birth when breast milk was not enough to provide for her growing body, Cherry grew up having to leech life from her identical twin brother, Coahl, who had the same rare blood type. Her mother couldn't handle having born a vampire and committed suicide when Cherry was six. Cherry never knew her father. Coahl and Cherry were passed around several orphanages, refusing to be separated. When they reached the age of sixteen, as legal adults they moved out of their last foster home and made ends meet.

Occupation: School student, in final year of high school. Works at generic fast food chain for rent money.

-- -- -- -- -- -- -- --

Coahl will be played by Light_Devil! if that's okay :)

- Jai
I have an approximate knowledge of many things.

73 Reviews

Reviews: 73
Sat Sep 25, 2010 11:36 am
Light_Devil! says...

Name: Coahl Walter

Species
: Human

Blood Type: A-

Side: For, and is pretty chill about it.

Appearance: Coahl is of Spanish descent, so his skin colour is inherently dark. His eyes are brown, and his hair is black. He is the tall, dark and handsome guy who is completely naive about his looks.

Spoiler! :

Personality: Relaxed and go happy, but he acts like the older brother towards Cherry even though he's younger.

Brief History
: His twin sister was diagnosed at birth when breast milk was not enough to provide for her growing body, Coahl grew up having have his life leeched by his identical twin sister, Cherry, who had the same rare blood type. Thier mother couldn't handle having born a vampire and committed suicide when Cherry and Coahl were six. Coahl never knew his father. Coahl and Cherry were passed around several orphanages, refusing to be separated. When they reached the age of sixteen, as legal adults they moved out of their last foster home and made ends meet.

Occupation: School student, in final year of high school. Works at the same generic fast food chain as his sister for rent money.
Dynamic Duo AWAY!!!

A computer once beat me at chess. It was no match for me at kick boxing.

"I wish Homer was my father," - Ned's son.
"And I wish you didn't have Satan's curly red hair," - Ned Flanders.

29 Reviews

Reviews: 29
Sat Sep 25, 2010 1:38 pm
View Likes
jok101 says...

Name: John Ryder

Side: For

Blood type: AB

Appearance: 5"9 with cropped brown hair he always wears a suit when he's working but ruins the smart look with a pair of white addias trainers. He's got blue eyes and is very good looking his pale composure taking none of his charm away. He also has a brown trench coat that he wears on duty.

Personality: Kind and caring underneath but hardered outer layer that few get a chance to see through.

Brief history: He left education behind when he was 17 and trained to become a cop. Because pf his obvious adavantages when it came to dealing with Vampire murders, which are on the rise, he was promoted quickly and put in joint charge of the Vampire murder squad or VMS. He currently on the case of a Vampire serial killer who's taken to sucking people dry in the mythical vampire style.

Sat Sep 25, 2010 1:41 pm
Twitchy says...

Oooer! So many people! So many wonderful people! I can hardly wait.
Life's to short to waste time thinking about tomorrow. Live for today and deal when the consequences when they get here!

155 Reviews

Reviews: 155
Sat Sep 25, 2010 2:59 pm
Esther Sylvester says...

I would like to join, please! Question: are there people out there with vampirism that actually attack humans for their blood? I haven't seen any yet, I think. Here is my guy.

Name: Christopher Loch
Species: Human
Blood Type:AB
Side: Super mega against

Appearance: Tall and muscular, with black hair that he slicks back. Clean shaven, with strong, square features. Broad shoulders and a green eyed glare that scare the living crud out of you. He likes to wear sunglasses, even if he is inside a building. Blue suits with plaid tie are his clothing preference.

Personality: Cold hearted, but suprisingly gentle with people he is familiar with. Is extremely calm in tough situations, but is not above violence to solve a problem. He prefers to think things through before he acts. He is calculating and cruel to any person afflicted with vampirism. Strictly Christian, and because of this he has strict moral values that he expects everyone to follow.

Skills: Really smart and really crazy. Strong, with good hand to hand combat skills. His skill with a sniper rifle is famous among the CIA.

Brief History: Christopher was a CIA agent who exelled at his job. When he wasn't working, he spent time with his family. He particularly enjoyed going to church with them. A few years ago, he son was attacked by a "vampire". The child did not survive. Heart broken and furious, Christopher set out alone into the park. He thought he heard a message from God telling him that people afflicted with vampirism were evil, and it was his duty to erase them all. Chris, already destroyed from the loss of his son, thought for sure what he was hearing was true, and made it his mission to destroy the "vampires".

Christopher Loch is now divorced.

(Okay, sorry for the lack of briefness.)

Occupation: Full time Blight Killer, so he likes to say. He's good at it.

Will that do?
It's writing prompt week on my blog a very random pickle!:
http://veryrandompickle.blogspot.com/

541 Reviews

Reviews: 541
Sat Sep 25, 2010 3:09 pm
Lauren2010 says...

So many people! Yay! We'll be starting later today, because I don't have time to make a starter post right now.

Esther: Yeah, since the blood banks have been closing there have been more and more Vampires attacking Humans for their blood. Though, if most Vampires will have to be really careful to only hunt humans with compatable blood types or they will die.
Got YWS?

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Sat Sep 25, 2010 7:57 pm
Rydia says...

Here's that human I half promised XD And ah, that makes sense! Sorry for butting in there.

Name: Delilah 'Dee' Holmes
Species: Human
Blood Type: O/ O-
Side: Against
Appearance: A tall, curvaceous woman who most would describe as being a little over weight but she prefers to say Rubenesque. She has smooth features, high cheek bones. Her hair is thin and a chestnut brown, same style as in the photo but more of a chestnut colour. Her eyes are blue, nothing sharp or uber amazing but a nice enough blue. She favours dark blue jeans and bold, low-cut, monotone tops. Generally she'll wear a dark green/ purple/ blue. Isn't a fan of pink or red. She likes boots but nothing with too high a heel.

Photo: Image

Personality: She's very sure of herself outwardly but inside she's uncertain, lonely and very frightened, especially of vampires. She's a logical thinker, never goes anywhere without pepper spray as she thinks it will help keep her safe and knows what's out there and how dangerous it is. She views vampires as a genetic mistake and thinks they should be killed at birth because they're unnatural, they're dangerous and they're out of control. She's very vulnerable when involved in emotional stiuations because she doesn't know how to interpret her feelings which are just a mess right now: she tries to hold everything in and then analyse it later and doesn't understand why her logic can't be applied to emotions. Dee comes across as efficient and bold but anti-flirtation and anti-social in general.

Brief History: Delilah was never good at the social thing, that was always more her sister's department. Annie was popular, she made friends easily and she was Delilah's pride and joy. The girls lost their mum pretty early on and their dad was a very hand's off father so Dee stepped up the mark. She got a job as soon as she was old enough and always looked out for Annie. When the vampire issue started, Delilah tried to protect Annie but her younger sister was very strong willed. Annie thought the vampires were like those in storybooks. Dark but lonely, sexy and alluring. No matter what Dee tried, she couldn't keep an eye on her sister every minute of every day and four years ago her worst fears were confirmed. Nineteen year old Annie was sucked dry by a vampire who she'd met over the internet. Delilah found evidence of their e-mails and conversations on Annie's computer after the incident. She has never been able to forgive vampires for the murder of her sister but underneath that, she has also never forgiven herself. Now Dee lives alone, working, visits her dad occasionally and is just going through the rhythms of life without really living it.

Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

541 Reviews

Reviews: 541
Sat Sep 25, 2010 8:23 pm
Lauren2010 says...

Alrighty. We're going to go ahead and start. If you haven't finished your profile yet, please do! Also be sure to check out the DT (Discussion Thread) here (I'll stick the link to the DT at the end of the very first post in this thread as well) . We're going to try to keep discussion there rather than in the story thread. :)

Tom Gray and Peter Harving

On the street corner, bathed in yellow light, a tall man lit up a cigarette. He pulled his jacket tight around his neck and shoved his hands in his pockets, the cigarette hanging between yellowed teeth.

“No good,” a man said from the shadows on the rooftop garden.

“Why the hell not, Tom?” his companion demanded. “He’s good enough.”

“He’s probably got cancer,” Tom said. He crossed his arms behind his head and leaned back in the old wicker rocking chair he lounged in. “I don’t do cancer.”

“Cancer’s got nothing to do with anything,” his companion said. “What should it matter what diseases they carry?”

“No good,” Tom repeated. “Find someone else, Pete.”

“Peter.” He picked up his binoculars and swept the street again.

A young woman, revealing much too much skin, strode down the sidewalk in towering stilettos. She swung a handbag carelessly at her side and chattered away on her cell phone.

“How about her,” Peter asked. “You’d have fun with her.”

Tom leaned forward and peered over the ledge of the roof. “Sure girls like her are fun, but their so unsatisfying in the end,” he said. He leaned back in the chair. “Not enough to em, ya know?”

Peter groaned and threw the binoculars across the rooftop.

“What the hell, Pete!” Tom jumped up and ran after the binoculars, scrambling for them in the dark. “Those cost me fifty bucks! You break em you buy em!”

“You’re so damn picky, Tom.” Peter sunk to the ground and leaned back against the rooftop ledge. “I hate that about you.”

“It’s not my fault you’re type O.” Tom pulled his chair to the ledge and pointed his binoculars toward the skum bar back-alley door. "And I wouldn't talk to the guy who feeds me like that if I were you."

Peter sighed and shook his head. “Did you do the research like I told you?” he asked.

Tom grabbed a folder out from his backpack and tossed it to Peter. “Yeah, yeah, there’s your damn research. Now stop whining.”

“I’m not whining, Tom,” Peter said. “If I don’t get this right I could die. There aren’t—”

“There aren’t that many type O’s,” Tom said, mocking Peter. “I know, I know.”

“This is serious, Tom,” Peter said. He read over the contents of the folder carefully by light of his cell phone. “You sure she’ll be here?”

“I’m sure,” Tom said. “I do my job well.”

Peter leaned his head back against the cool brick of the ledge. “Good,” he said. “I’m starving.”

“Here we go,” Tom said. “Pete, man, she’s comin’ out now.”

Peter sat up and peered over the ledge. A pretty girl stumbled out of the alley, pulling a young man behind her. They laughed, and he held his arm around her waist as they walked down the street together.

“That’s her?” Peter asked.

“That’s her. And she’s brought a friend for me. It’ll be good tonight!” Tom cheered, pumping his fist into the air victoriously.

“You’re gonna go for her boyfriend?” Peter asked. He shoved the folder back into the backpack and slung it over his shoulder.

“It’ll be romantic,” Tom said. He unzipped the backpack as it hung from Peter’s shoulder and shoved the binoculars inside. “Let’s go.”

*Yeah. Got a tad carried away there. If anyone wants to the the couple, or to meet up with Tom and Peter later feel free.*
Got YWS?

49 Reviews

Sat Sep 25, 2010 10:16 pm
MilkNCookies says...

Grrr..... the forum ate my profile so I'm posting it again.

Name: Alice (actually a french name!)

Blood Type: O

Side: For Vampirism

Personality: She's not afraid to stand up for herself and what she thinks as right. But she's actually nice if you get through her shell of defenses.

Brief History:Clare's sister. they are french.

Occupation: Animal science student, cum lada. (i think that's what it is... it means 'with higest honors' in french or something like that=P)

Appearance:
Spoiler! :
Image She has honey-color eyes.

I'm sorry for double posting in advance!!!
Last edited by MilkNCookies on Sun Sep 26, 2010 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"The writer who breeds more words than he needs is making a chore for the reader who reads!"

~Dr.Seuss.

49 Reviews

Sat Sep 25, 2010 10:28 pm
MilkNCookies says...

I'm going to say like I know them... PM me if you want me to change it =)

I watched as the couple left the bar. They were friendly; they lent be a buck for a soda(I'm sober). Two men lingered outside- no, they couldn't be. But... that's how we kill. The men drew them into an alley. Did I want to save them? I could have no idea what happened. But- they were so kind. I built up my mental blockade, to keep me from attacking them myself. Ugh. I hate attacking others. Clare watched me after I quickly told her what I was doing. They couple were in the corner, afraid of the two men in front of them.

"Listen, This really isn't cool, Peter." I told him. "Go to the hospital if you really need blood. I'll give you some if you don't kill these folk."

"Alice." Tom growled.

"You know I keep blood in my fridge." They had been to my house when there were emergencies, like no more O blood at the hospital. When Clare was 'out shopping', or hiding with some of her own friends.

"We don't want an unpleasant scene." Tom added.

"Neither do I. But I ain't leaving." A growl erupted from Peter. I returned the favor. "Scat." I told the couple. They did so, running like maniacs.

"Damn it, Alice! you lost us lunch!" I smiled viciously at them. They may be stronger, and crush me in a wink, but they couldn't catch me. I grabbed Clare, who was taking to a boy, and left the bar.

"I just committed suicide ten times," I told her. She was just as fast as I was.

"You had to mess with Peter?" She asked.

"Yes. The couple were nice. And Tom was there." She new of my 'crush' on him. We got to the apartment in the nick of time; they had snuck up on us. With click! we locked them out.

"Damn you, Alice." She mumbled.

"That's a popular phrase today," I replied.
Last edited by MilkNCookies on Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

~Dr.Seuss.

130 Reviews

Reviews: 130
Sat Sep 25, 2010 10:40 pm
*coco says...

Hope this is okay

Dmitri Collins

Dmitri sat staring intently at the thick red liquid inside his test tube.

His concentration didn’t waver as the double-doors to the laboratory swung open and his professor walked in.

“I’d ask you to go home and get some sleep, but I’ll probably be wasting my breath,” mused the kind-faced old man as he set aside his papers and approached Dmitri. “What is that?” he pointed at the test tube with curiosity.

Dmitri took several seconds before answering. “This is my two-hundred and seventh attempt at trying to come up with a human blood alternative.”

The professor took a seat beside him. “Who are you going to test it on this time?”

Again, several seconds passed before Dmitri answered. “Me.”

“That is out of the question, Dmitri,” the professor said sternly. “You know how dangerous it could be-”

“Yes, I do know, professor, but it’s a risk that I have to take.”

Dmitri could hear the professor sigh in defeat and he ignored it. Instead, he turned to look at the clock above the professor’s desk. It was barely nine o’clock and he could already feel the blood-lust begin to burn inside him. It was now or never.

Without another thought, he drank the contents of the test tube and swallowed hard.

For a while, nothing happened. Dmitri didn’t feel any different, but he noticed that, unlike his previous attempts, his blood-lust didn’t escalate after drinking the blood alternative. His professor hurriedly checked Dmitri’s pulse and then his eyes.

“How are you feeling?” he asked, half-fascinated and half-terrified.

“I’m-”

In an instant he felt it. The terrible burning sensation erupted from the pit of his stomach. He roared in pain, violently throwing aside the contents of his workspace. The agony of the surge was so bad that he thought he would go mad in pain. He staggered forwards, falling to the floor after only a few steps.

“Steady yourself...” soothed the professor, gently helping Dmitri get to his feet, and hurriedly sitting him down on a stool, before pulling out a syringe from his desk drawer and injecting Dmitri on the neck.

The veins on Dmitri’s neck began to strain as the serum started to work its way into his bloodstream. Dmitri bit his lip as he fought the urge to scream in pain. Slowly, he could feel his muscles begin to relax, the bloodlust inside him steadily beginning to fade away until it disappeared completely.

“Dmitri,” whispered the professor. “Are you alright, son?”

Dmitri was too angry to answer. For one single second he thought that he had finally managed to achieve the impossible. But as usual he’d failed.

“Dmitri?” his professor pressed, a look of concern etched across his face. “Talk to me...”

Dmitri took off his lab-coat and grabbed his jacket. “I have to get home," he muttered, he wasn't in the mood to talk at all. "My mum and step-father are having dinner with the Von Ray family tonight.”

And with that, he left, slamming the laboratory doors behind him.
"Do you know what my heart says now? It says that I should forget about politics and be with you. No matter what. You're a true Queen, a Queen any King would kill for." - Prince Francis ♕

161 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 161
Sat Sep 25, 2010 11:25 pm
Sassafras says...

Isabella

"I couldn't find any tonight," he mumbled, his voice was somber and it even held the slight hint that he might have been crying on the way home. "I tried," he continued, his voice cracking a bit. "I swear I did..." He wiped furiosly at his eyes and bowed his head so his hair covered his eyes. I smiled sadly at him and slowly got up from the chair I was ordered to stay in. After what seemed like forever, I made my way over to him and gently placed my hand on his shoulder and my cheek on the soft top of his head.

"It's okay," I whispered in his ear. "You tried your best, I'm sure." I grabbed his chin with my thin fingers and forced him to look at me. His pupils were dangerously dialated and his skin was even paler than normal. Frowing, I stepped back to get a better look at him. "You didn't feed," I said.

"I was searching for you," he responded. "I'm fine. It's you that's in danger." I sighed and ran my fingertips across his cheek before letting my hand fall to my side.

"There's blood in the fridge and I beleive I still have a few of my vials left. Drink up," I said before turning to grab my shawl from off the floor. "We're expecting comp-" Before I could finish my sentence, the doorbell rang. "That's them now! Go get the vials and I'll meet you downstairs." Alexander looked wearily at the door before turning back to me, the mask he usually wore already forming on his face.

"Will you be okay walking downstairs?" His voice was even and in a soft monotone. I sighed and nodded.

"Yes, of course. You, go, now." He nodded before running off.

- - -

"Isabella," Dmitri exclaimed once he saw me. "You look sicker than usual. And so pale." I glanced into the mirror by the front door. The black lace dress I threw on was a strong contrast against my pale skin, making me seem even more ghost-like. I smiled at him and bowed slightly.

"Nice to see you too, Dmitri." He laughed briefly and stepped in before gasping slightly, for the first time noticing Alexander standing behind me.

"Oh, hello," he gasp.

"Hi," Alex replied quickly. I rolled my eyes and started for the dining room.

"Our parents are already seated at the table," I started, walking slow as ever even though I was trying to move faster. My heels made no sound as the came into contact with the marble floor. "We're having steak."

"Raw," Alexander suddenly asked. I smiled at him and laughed a bit.

"Of course not."
A pale imitator of a girl in the sky.

Sat Sep 25, 2010 11:51 pm
Twitchy says...

Alexander

I frowned and shoved my hands into my pockets. We arrived into the giant dining room, and suddenly everything was hushed. The big crystal chandelier in the middle of the ceiling was surrounded by six smaller glass ones. The long maghony table stretched out to occupy most of the room; it was big enough to seat twenty. The juicy, mouth watering smell of steak and potatoes was drifting in from the kitchen. I could feel my stomach rumble.

"Evening everyone," Bell said, smiling. Dad snapped out of whatever dumb-spell had come over him and stood.

"Evening Bella, Alex, and Dmitri!" he boomed in his deep voice. Dmitri bowed his head briefly and started for the seat next to his step-dad.

"Same to you, sir," he said. Bell started off to grab her own seat and I quickly went to help her.

"Brother," she exclaimed, waving me away, "you fuss over me too much." She smiled at me and took her seat.

"Never too much," I said lowly so that only she could hear. Just as I was sitting down, I saw a slight tint of pink to her pale cheeks. The color looked nice on her. The cooks brought out the food and set a plate in front of each of us. I instantly went for the steak but, when I did, got a disapproving glare from just about everyone at the table. Grumbling, I pulled back and bowed my head in prayer.

"So, Dmitri," my mother started once the blessings were over, "how are your studies coming?" I noticed his face get a bit darker when she mentioned his studies but he quickly recovered.

"Just fine," he replied. Liar.

"That's great," mother said happily. I rolled my eyes at her. How could she not notice that obvious lie! Some people were just so dim these days. Something not going right. Something probably went wrong. I want to know what did - or didn't- happen; I have to find out. While drinking a nice tall glass of B+, I watched Dmitri from over the rim.

"Don't stare, brother," Isabella whispered to me.

"What was that, darling," Dmitri's mom said.

"Oh nothing," Isabella answered. Smiling brightly, she started on her small glass of blood.

Time is money, money is power, power is pizza, and pizza is knowledge!
— April, Parks & Rec