Young Writers Society

Hidden Power *Two* *Starting* *Still Accepting*

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Tue Sep 07, 2010 1:41 am
View Likes
JackpotJohnson says...

Thunder

Man, was I just that rude? Did I really just shove Dust out of my front door. Nah, I couldn't have been that rude, I just gave I'm ID papers too. I sat down, at the bar in my kitchen. Thinking, If I was that rude I should go apologize. Dust and I have been good friends for about three years, and I could stand it if I hurt one of my friends. I tripped over a bar stool as I walked over to the kitchen sink, to get a drink. I was out of it. Lately I was out of it. I always am up to date with all of my gifted friends, and lately I hadn't been so good about keeping up. I got my drink, popped my daily calcium pill, and left the kitchen. Slipping on my new shoes, I grabbed my leather jacket and walked out the front door. I locked, and searched. Dust was nowhere to be seen. I knew where he was though. So I headed off towards Oak Avenue Park.
As I walked, I noticed the bright, bold colors of fall. As the red, orange, and yellow leaves fell to the ground, I couldn't help but smile. Life was good, and I was up for livin.
I noticed Dust right away, and immediately started running. I almost got ran over by a car, because I didn't look before walking across the street. Dust was being jumped, and I was big...I could surely help. I ran over and punched the living daylights out of the biggest man there. Dust turned around, and nodded, then knocked someone clear out of consciousness. Dust was STRONG. Together we beat about six guys, in two minutes flat. That was an accomplishment.
We stopped to take a breather, and then examined the fallen men. We were in for it now. They were from the government. But Dust seemed to be on top of things, and was already on top of one of the men. I knew exactly what he was doing, because his arm was outstretched, and his palm was flat...I was scared!
-JJ-
My new website needs members: http://wwww.writethiswaywriters.webs.com

384 Reviews

Reviews: 384
Tue Sep 07, 2010 3:02 pm
eldEr says...

Jeremy ^Dust^

My lips turned up in a grin as I held my palm out to the man's cheek. He was unconsious, but it didn't mean he wasn't emotionally dependant on me. In fact, he had gone down afraid, and subconsciously, he was relying on me more than ever--to not kill him. Whether he was aware of it or not hardly mattered.

Within seconds I had entered te man's memories. They were all playing, easy to view, almost like a billion tiny movies. His were strange though, organized with the less...emotionally bearing ones on the outside. His accomplishments were playing over the fastest in a large group to my right, the things he was proud of. Any orders or commands he had been given were playing nearly as fast to my left.

"Interesting," I mumbled, stepping through a small gap. It led to layer after layer of memories, and the further in you went, the more emotionally scarring they became. I took my time looking around, and within a few minutes, I knew that he had a wife named Abigail and a daughter named Lexi. His best friend was a car-dealer named Markuus from somewhere up north. Of course, within an hour or so of leaving, I would forget most of this.

I made my way back to the outermost rim, to where the orders were. Stealing a couple of those might prove useful to us, and it might cloud his mind over for a while. My eyes ran along the wall, stopping suddenly at one particular paper.

Suspects:
[first name unknown] Dust
Kyran Power
Jon Mason Lovlace

I stopped reading. The list had ended, but there was line upon line of orders, precautions, and photos after that. This was quite obviously the one I'd be taking. I reached out and touched it lightly with my fingertips. It disapeared, and as suddenly as I had been sucked in, I was back out with a new memory.

I stood up, turning to smirk at Thunder. The guy seemed slightly freaked out. "You look worried man," I muttered, chuckling.

He didn't even have time to reply before car doors slammed and there were footsteps behind him. My jaw locked, and he turned slowly. There must have been at least twenty guns aimed at us. I could feel my face paling. "Well, this is just great," I muttered under my breath. "Shit."
Last edited by eldEr on Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurl.

got trans?

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:10 pm
Pernicious says...

He stared down with a neutral expression spread across his face at the girl he had captured. She looked very petite and had a cautious appeal about her, but other then that, she looked very experienced, as if she had been through something like this before.

Kevin's eyes began to narrow into small slits as numerous thoughts- one being would she know how to escape? Ran through his mind. He huffed, pressing his palms against the floor and wihtout knowing it crab walking over to the bench beneath the duo of tinted windows. He peered out of one, saluting in a way towards Nyx as she passed by in her jeep.

Although the windows would make his signal of greeting less evident to see, he did it anyway, and it proved to get passed the tinted barrier. Nyx waved back; but only briefly.

There was something about her that made Kevin feel... Exhausted. How could she do mission after mission after mission? He could barely do three a day, of which weren't consistant. He admired her endless energy and the fact that she achieved nearly all of the missions she took on by herself.

Turning his attention back onto the captured girl, he muttered, placing his shoes beside her head whilst waiting for them to arrive at their goverment work station.

"Powers... The danger you put everyone in everyday..." Kevin began, obviously talking to himself. "Hopefully our classy scientists will find a 'cure' for this.. 'disease' or your's." Kevin spoke of it as if it was a curse, but he was only jealous he wasn't adhered with this specialty.
"Lost time is never found again."

-Benjamin Franklin

324 Reviews

Reviews: 324
Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:57 am
Threnody says...

Rumour:

I didn't think I was out for too long. When I came to, I was still laying on the ruins of my apartment. I did the stupid thing and sat up and looked around. When I realised everyone was still around I lurched back and tried to look asleep again. Too late, everyone went crazy.

I heard shouts of, "Be careful, she's dangerous," and "Get out the tazer."

"I can handle this." A girl with long dark hair and a grim smile said casually.

I didn't have much experience with fighting other people with powers, but I knew that the first thing I had to do was see what exactly this girl could do, and hide the things I could do. She probably knew the first thing I could do, but hardly anyone knew the second.

I looked around me and everyone had taken a step back. Some important government people were putting on... fire proof ponchos? I turned back around and I saw a 15 foot dragon. How on earth was the government going to cover this up?

"Rumour has it this dragon is only 3 feet tall." I smiled wickedly and the beast became a minor threat. The girl just smiled back. She took a piece of charcoal from her pocket and started drawing something on the wall.

Everyone was focused on her. My shadow slipped beneath the door, down my street and into an open field. I blinked once and was gone. A few seconds later I heard police sirens from what seemed like every station in the state.

I started to run into the trees when I stopped and laid low. A boy, about 13 maybe, was sitting behind a rock experimenting with a small but complicated looking machine. He would flip a switch, and turn on a blinding light, concentrate on it and absorb it. Another power?
“One sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes”
~ The Little Prince~

Reviews: 0
Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:34 pm
Undertaker says...

Nyx

She cursed as she looked around to try and find the girl who had just disappeared so suddenly. Sighing to herself she summoned the dragon back and made a signal for the men to gather up and get ready to look for the girl. It was getting late by then, and night would fall at any time.

As the men went out to search, she noticed that Kevin seemed to be thinking deeply about something. There was just something about that guy that made her feel so relaxed. Usually when she works with others they put a lot of pressure on her to do things right, heck, if she was with someone else, they would have over here yelling at her by now, but not Kevin.

She glanced around and noticed that it was dark enough that when you looked at the sky, there would be no way you could see a black dragon if it flew by. Smirking to herself she once again called the dragon back out.

“I’ll be back,” she said, then took off to the sky. She thought about the fight and now that she thought about it, she had noticed that a shadow ran past her, heading into the forest. She would use her second power on the girl, and this time she would not be able to get away so easy.
"Show me a "first rate laugh"."

49 Reviews

Reviews: 49
Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:26 pm
MilkNCookies says...

Lillian Ich'fyn (lily)

Personality: Lily is a outgoing, but not arrogantly so. She likes people, but few can handle her personality and her protective dragon. She shows her emotion in every stride. Most of the time, if things are slow, you can find her in a tree, relaxing. She is amazing with a sword, though she is strongly against killing anything and eats meat once a week at most.

Eviumivu(Evi, dragon): She is very protective of Lily. She abandoned her mate to follow her and protect her. They frequently fly together in search of someone who will take them in. She has extremely good hearing in fiery red scales. Although she does not need the collar, she uses it if people are visible. Unlike her friend, she eats meat at least once a day.

Powers: Evi, Evi, and Evi. Evi can speak to her through mind-telepathy.

Gifted teen

History: When she was born, her mother sacrificed her because she wasn't a boy. She was found by two gay men who nurtured her until she was 15, when she choose to leave when it was exposed that they were not her real parents. She was raided but days after. Evi saved her. When Lily hesitantly touched her, pain jolted through her and she was granted orange hair instead of her golden hair. They've been searching for anyone who would take them in.

Other: If one would want her, they would have to be determined and encouraging. She longs for love, but believes she is not cute enough or have a good enough personality to any person.
She likes to climb to the top of trees and watch stars and nights that she cannot sleep.
"Fantasy is a way of looking through the wrong end of the telescope."

"The writer who breeds more words than he needs is making a chore for the reader who reads!"

~Dr.Seuss.

49 Reviews

Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:56 pm
MilkNCookies says...

Lily Is this ok?

Lily watched the bustling city through the trees. She had been watching for days, maybe even months, the cluster of children that she knew were magic.

You're one of them, too. Evi spoke. She was stalking a group of white-tailed deer a mile or two away.

They can do stuff. I have you, not fanciful words and powers. Lily responded. Evi flicked her tail. Sighing, lily rose from her crouching position and wandered through the forest. She came up to a small clearing, where she saw a young boy with some machine and a weird lady. She slowly stepped into the clearing, certain these were some of the people that were gifted.

"Hello. Lillian Ich'yfn at your service," She said, bowing slightly. She had both of there attentions.

What are you doing?!?! evi cried.

Stay.She pleaded.

"I am here pleading for help." She felt Evi rushing to her. "I've been watching you and your 'group' for quite some time; I'm pleading help. The government wouldn't understand. Please." She uttered as they stared. A rustle came through the forest,the huge mass emerged.

"Evi! What are you doing here? You'll scare them!" She screamed, pushing her. They stared in... well, she's not good with people, and couldn't sense they're emotions.

Ok? I just wanted to decide my beginning, thanks!

"The writer who breeds more words than he needs is making a chore for the reader who reads!"

~Dr.Seuss.

49 Reviews

Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:32 pm
MilkNCookies says...

Is this still alive anymore?

~Dr.Seuss.

Reviews: 0
Sat Apr 16, 2011 2:00 pm
Undertaker says...

Hello?
"Show me a "first rate laugh"."

The best and most beautiful things in the world can not be seen or even touched - they must be felt with the heart.
— Helen Keller