z

Young Writers Society

Dark Visions

17 Reviews

Reviews: 17
Tue Oct 19, 2010 3:48 am
XChangeX says...

-Rayne-
I lay on my bed throwing a rubber band ball up and down when I heard a knock on the door. Candi answered and welcomed whoever it was in her cheerful voice. The pitch traveled up here and I saw the glass in my mirror start to shake, threatening to shatter. That was Candi alright. "Saphire and Seth we were expecting you yesterday!" The new kids. I got up and straightened my clothes out, took a quick look in the mirror and tried to fix my tangle of hair. It was a useless task, there was no taming that red mess. I fixed my eye-liner and headed out the door, closing it behind me.
I joined the crowd on the stairs and eyed the newcomers. Not many people were speaking up to introduce themselves, probably making the two S's feel awkward. I stepped forward. "I'm Alissandra Rayne Marie, I go by Rayne or Ali. I have the power of Faith Healing, Transvection and Mediumship. Meaning I can heal, I can levitate and I can speak to the dead. Although I'm not that strong at transvection yet." She said, biting her lip like she does when shes nervous or frustrated.
The only constant in our lives is Change.

Revelations 21:4
He will wipe every tear from their eye. There will be no more mourning or death or pain. There will be no more crying for the old way of things has gone away.

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Tue Oct 19, 2010 12:19 pm
Ladyofthedeathroses says...

Saphire
"I'm Saphire as you already know this is my brother Seth. I have psychometry and I can tell the future through drawing. Psychometry is when you can tell someone's entire future by touching a object that means alot to them." I said calmly. Seth was drooling practically and I hit in the back of the head. "Oh oh what?" He asked still entranced by Rayne who was extremely beautiful. "Seth down boy down." I said rolling my eyes. Rayne chuckled softly which seemed to snap Seth out of it. "My name is Seth I am telepathic and I have psychokinesis. Psychokinesis is basically mind over matter." He said puffing out his chest. I glanced over at the other girls and they were doubled over in silent laughter I glanced at Ali and her eyes were lightly amused.
"You are without a doubt, the worst pirate I've ever heard of."

"But you have heard of me."

49 Reviews

Reviews: 49
Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:05 pm
MilkNCookies says...

Numare woot! I'm in!

I saw people file in the building for lessons. I would soon, but my four legged friends were higher on my list. I cleaned off each horse, and applied medicine to Frizzie's wound. Sweating, I put each of them into the small field. They would never run away. I smiled at the horses, how they moves so gracefully. I walked back to the building, pepper trailing behind me.

"Stay here. I'm going inside, you know you can't come." I told him.

Well, then! He said, trotting to the herd. I rolled by eyes, searching for animals on my body. One frightened hedgehog was in my sweater pockets, and a scared Pine Marten at my shoulder.

What is wrong, tree brother? I asked him, ready for the latest gossip (Martens are very chatty!).

New people are around. They seem to be people like you, but not. They went into big gray stone burrow. A female ind a male, I think. Your two-leg friends talked to them like they were friends. He told me. I let him stay there, and made sure the hedge hog was safe before entering, to see the two new people the Marten had described.

"Late. Again." Ali commented. I stuck my tongue out at her.

"Are there new kids?" I asked.

"Yeah, them." Ali replied, pointing to the unfamiliar people. "They're Saphire and Seth."

"Well, hello!" I said, bowing with a hold on my two critters. A uneasy silence spread over us, disturbed only but the marten's chattering.
Last edited by MilkNCookies on Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Fantasy is a way of looking through the wrong end of the telescope."

"The writer who breeds more words than he needs is making a chore for the reader who reads!"

~Dr.Seuss.

17 Reviews

Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:37 pm
XChangeX says...

-Rayne-

I listened to Saphire speak and ran my eyes over her, taking her in and taking my best guesses at the kind of person she was. Her long dark hair and tinted skin displayed her Spanish, possibly Cuban, background beautifully. She was very confidant when she spoke and maintained eye contact, very polite and had an air of formality around her introduction. She seemed sweet overall but had a gothic vibe she carried with her. It would take her less than a week to have a gaggle of guys following her around like little ducks.
Seth, on the other hand, was very cute and to say I had caught his attention would be an understatement. He was entranced, something I was not used to in the least bit. It was flattering to put it lightly. I listened to him speak and watched him puff his chest out, bringing strong shoulders back to make him appear larger. He was adorable and pulled of a bit of an emo look like no other. His heritage didn't show as strong as his sisters but his skin had a little tint to it, nothing like his sisters coffee color but it was there none the less. His lip ring made his lips look puffy and inviting.
I walked down the steps and offered my hand to Saphire in a friendly way. "It's a pleasure to meet you. You should feel right at home here." I told her, waiting for her to take my hand, wondering if she would or if she avoided contact because of her gift.

He will wipe every tear from their eye. There will be no more mourning or death or pain. There will be no more crying for the old way of things has gone away.

12 Reviews

Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:27 pm

Saphire
I looked terrified at Rayne for a second then praying that it wouldn't happen I took her hand and shook it immediately a flood of memories hit me and I jerked away but they kept on coming. The abuse she had dealt with from her mother the blame she had dealt with one after another. When I could finally see and breath I was on the floor my forehead touching the carpet and I touched my cheek realizing it was wet and I was crying. I took a deep breath and got on my knees and I grinned weakly at everyone.

49 Reviews

Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:45 pm
MilkNCookies says...

Numare

I helped the girl to her feet, careful not to let her touch my skin. Her knees shook, but Seth took her with a thankful smile.

"You alright?" I asked her. The marten chattered in my ears, as if nothing happened.

"I'm fine." She replied weakly.

Numare, come quick! pepper bellowed in my head. I excused myself and ran outside. there were five men in pure white suits that the herd was tring to figh off.

"Stop!"I called to them. "Can I help you?" I asked them men. They flashed FBI badges, backing up from me.

"We're here to shut you down. There's been suspicious activities around here." One of them, a man, said. I fought the wildlife who wanted to attack for defend me.

"Pardon me, sirs, but I don't think you've realized this is Zete's Institute."

"We know where we are," The girl hissed.

"Let me assure you there is no activities going on around here that are suspicious." I confirmed. They tried to get past me, but the horses would not let them. "I'd thank you kindly if you left."

"Let us through!" The man hissed

"No, sir. If the animals don't trust you, us two-leggers shouldn't."

"This isn't the last you'll see of us!" She confirmed, before walking off in a huff. I ran back to the Institute, with the Pine Marten as scared as ever.

These men were more than FBI men, and I knew it.

"The writer who breeds more words than he needs is making a chore for the reader who reads!"

~Dr.Seuss.

12 Reviews

Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:54 pm

Saphire
I stood at the door and looked at Numare's face he was disturbed and in deep thought. "What was that about?" I asked quietly. He shook his head "I don't know." He replied and the Pine Marten on his arm chattered nervously. "Well they aren't just in New Orleans." I said to Seth as I walked in behind Numare. His face hardened and he hugged me acting like an overprotective brother. "What do you mean?" Numare asked. I stepped out of Seth's arms. "They showed up at Aunty Di's a few days before we came here asking about our powers." I said quietly.

17 Reviews

Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:46 am
XChangeX says...

-Rayne-
I watched Saphire fall to the floor in tears as the rush of my past drown her. I felt horrible. I didn't know what to say, I shouldn't have offered my hand to her. She had just told me her powers and I shouldn't have sprung that on her. She was new and probably already stressed out, I shouldn't have expected an outsider to be able to take that in with no warning. I sat on the carpeted stairs and rested my head against the wall behind me. I closed my eyes and searched for spirits in or around the house, just listening for them. I chewed my lip and just sat there, the rest of the kids were running outside for some reason. I didn't care. If there was trouble someone would say something. I needed to apologize to Saphire, and Seth, the look on his face when his sister went down was burned into my brain. It was pure terror. A small part of me was wishing for a brother like Seth but I pushed it back. It was selfish to think things like that when I just frightened the pair so terribly.

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:57 am
ForsakenAngel says...

So sorry, but I'm dropping out. I recently joined other SBs because this one was dead, and now that it's alive again, I can't keep up with this one as well as the others sorry.
Good luck.

~Tab
Hakuna Matata <3
RIP to all my friends who didn’t make it.

Hop freight or get lost.

12 Reviews

Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:12 pm

Saphire
I saw Rayne was sitting on the stairs and I decided to apologize. I sat next to her and she looked at me. "Hey." I said quietly. "Hey." She replied. "Listen I'm sorry." I said earnestly. "Your sorry? I won't take it I'm sorry." She said staring at me. I shook my head smiling slightly. "It's a gift and a curse it can't be helped so you have nothing to be sorry for I have to be sorry for intruding." I said calmly. "None of us can help what we were born with." She said quietly and I smiled in agreement.

17 Reviews

Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:42 pm
XChangeX says...

Rayne smiled a bit and looked up to Saphire, "We good?" She asked and held her hand up for Saphire to grab in more of a ghetto fashion. The scared look on Saphire's face brought Rayne back and she lowered her hand with a meager smile, "Sorry." Saphire smiled, "It's okay." "Where's your brother? I think I need to apologize to him." Rayne asked, going to stand up.

12 Reviews

Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:48 pm

Saphire
I pointed to the crowd of boys by the door. "He's on the edge." I said with a smile then I remembered the gloves in my pocket. I slipped them on they were fingerless black gloves all they needed to cover was my palms. "I'm sorry I forget them." I made a face" My memory sucks." "It's alright." Rayne said siddling towards the boys. I smiled at her and then pulled out a sketchpad and started to draw everyone in a big group just sitting and laughing.

49 Reviews

Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:50 pm
MilkNCookies says...

numare

If these humans were my kits, I'd smack them! In a time like this, where home and hearth is threatened, you shouldn't be drawing! The porcupine said, pointing his nose Saphire's way.

It's how she sees the future. But they could defiantly be doing more. I explained.

"Two leggers," I sighed, walking out the door.

"What?" Saphire said from behind. I looked back at her.

"Two leggers don't care about their territory. They can just move. but the real People do. We worked and killed for our lands, and were not giving it up!" I hissed.

"You say it like you aren't one of us. Your a idiotic human like you just described, too!" She replied, catching my anger. The Pine Marten chattered angrily, and jumped down and scuttled to the girl.

Now, you listen here! He began. Numare is one of the People, not lowlife scum that kills us for fun! One of the People whose territory has been in the line for generations! We don't run when our homes are taken over! Nor do we fight blindly! Unlike you homeless freaks, we aren't ignoring it! We've got work to do! II was impressed by the speech he gave before he ran over to me. I shrugged.

"Can't argue with that logic." I told them.Everyone had heard the Marten's protests. I slid behind the door.

What exactly are we going to do? I asked.

Protect our homes, was the firm reply.

~Dr.Seuss.

12 Reviews

Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:19 pm

Saphire
I hissed under my breath feeling my temper flare. "Saphire." Seth cautioned. I whirled around and started to pace hissing swear words that would have shocked my parents had they still been alive. "Saphire!" Seth said louder. I just kept pacing feeling myself want to break and snap into a thousand pieces. Seth wrapped his arms around me. "Seth get away now." I ground out between my teeth. He let go and backed away hissing at everyone else to do the same. I ran out of the Institute and just kept going ignoring the rain running out my anger then once the anger was gone I collapsed gasping for air then the memories came back arguing with Sara and stomping across the street then she ran and pushed me out of the way. Her neck rolled to the side blood pouring out of the broken skin then her arms and legs twisted in impossible shapes. I started to shake and then rock then I started to cry in quick succession.
Seth
I ran after Saphire once she was out of sight dimly aware of the others following me. I saw Saphire curled into a ball rocking and sobbing her eyes out. I knelt beside heard and wrapped my arms around her. "What did she do?" Rayne asked. "Instead of taking her anger out on Numare she took it on herself and after the anger was gone she remembered her best friend being hit." I said quietly. I looked at Numare. "Your lucky she could have taken it out on you." I said still quiet.

12 Reviews

Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:19 pm

Saphire
I hissed under my breath feeling my temper flare. "Saphire." Seth cautioned. I whirled around and started to pace hissing swear words that would have shocked my parents had they still been alive. "Saphire!" Seth said louder. I just kept pacing feeling myself want to break and snap into a thousand pieces. Seth wrapped his arms around me. "Seth get away now." I ground out between my teeth. He let go and backed away hissing at everyone else to do the same. I ran out of the Institute and just kept going ignoring the rain running out my anger then once the anger was gone I collapsed gasping for air then the memories came back arguing with Sara and stomping across the street then she ran and pushed me out of the way. Her neck rolled to the side blood pouring out of the broken skin then her arms and legs twisted in impossible shapes. I started to shake and then rock then I started to cry in quick succession.
Seth
I ran after Saphire once she was out of sight dimly aware of the others following me. I saw Saphire curled into a ball rocking and sobbing her eyes out. I knelt beside heard and wrapped my arms around her. "What did she do?" Rayne asked. "Instead of taking her anger out on Numare she took it on herself and after the anger was gone she remembered her best friend being hit." I said quietly. I looked at Numare. "Your lucky she could have taken it out on you." I said still quiet.

I send you buckets full of stars, the prettiest rainbow I've ever seen and a really adorable unicorn
— Zenith