z

Young Writers Society

No Redemption

Random avatar

Reviews: 9
Fri Jun 18, 2010 6:47 pm
sunstarfrozenlife says...

So we're starting? Yay!
When your life is based around the face of Sawyer from Lost you know you're officially obsessed.
--
Join Isha's SB, the Shadows!
And mine, Lament of Innocence!
And LDR's, Dark Fey!
And- ok, I'm going to shut up now.
:D

384 Reviews

Reviews: 384
Fri Jun 18, 2010 6:52 pm
eldEr says...

As soon as we get the queen we'll start. Any takers?
Guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurl.

got trans?

Random avatar

Fri Jun 18, 2010 6:55 pm

I'll be the Queen, I s'pose. ^_^ I like having two chars. Heh.
When your life is based around the face of Sawyer from Lost you know you're officially obsessed.
--
And LDR's, Dark Fey!

Random avatar

Fri Jun 18, 2010 7:01 pm

Name: Queen Adaya

Appearance: She's tall and regal. Her blonde soon to be white hair is always in a twisted bun during court and when she's alone or with family and friends its down. Has green eyes.

Criminal/Soldier/Royalty: Royalty (queen)

Personality: Although she doesn't always agree with the Kings techniques, she's a stand-by-your-side kind of a person. She's very rational but thinks that criminals are just dirt because of all she's been taught. Loves her husband very much and is funny, witty, and sweet.

Skills: Thinking, Looking Regal, Being Rational, Making Jokes

Weaknesses: Not strong at all, Not very strong-willed, has asthma.

History: She got married pretty young and really married the king even though she wasn't rich. Nothing else you wanna know.

Up for love: Um, she's married to the king and she's like 30 years older than everyone else. No. XD

Other: :D
--
And LDR's, Dark Fey!

384 Reviews

Fri Jun 18, 2010 7:14 pm
eldEr says...

KING TORRAN

I sighed, staring out of the tower window, hands clasped behind my back. Sarla was just awakening from a restless sleep. I feared what news I would hear by noon. There was always something, a murder, a theft, a kidnapping and a ransom note. My peole were living in fear. I would fix this soon enough though.

By tomorrow morning the one hundred elite soldiers would be sent out to track down and bring Sarla's most feared criminals to justice. Finally, we would be able to sleep without fretting over whether we would wake up the next morning or not. All good things came tomorrow.

But what if the elites failed? What if the criminals banded together? What if the soldiers were outwitted, outnumbered, slaughtered with the people they had sworn to protect? What if...

"You should stop fretting and come eat breakfast with the rest of your family," Adaya's voice cut into my thoughts. She put a hand on my shoulder and I turned, pecking her on the lips.

"Of course my dear. Forgive me?"

She smiled slightly. "Always. Now will you join me in the dining room?"

I nodded and linked my arm through hers and strode towards the door.

SHANAELA MARZ

I sighed and sat down, leaning against the base of a trunk. My head was pounding. Again. This was the second headache since last night and it was bad. Of course this was bad because I was on my own. Raven was out searching for more herbs for her inane spells. We'll find one that fixes those headaches yet Shan, just you wait and see. Yeah Raven, well we haven't found one yet.

I closed my eyes tightly, willing the pain to stop. Of course it didn't stop, it just got worse. I was vaguely aware of Shanti laying down beside me and licking my hand. A sweat had broken out on my forehead and Raven wouldn't be back for at least another hour.

I had heard of mutes who could still make noise. They could squeal and scream and groan...but not me. The loudest sound I could make was a sigh. This was one of those times I wished I could scream or squeal or...anything.

There were footsteps behind me and I tensed up. They were too heavyset to be Raven's and the breathing was too low. Oh good lord no! I thought to myself. I could feel myself slipping under the pain. I was going to pass out! Shanti growled lowly, confirming that there was indeed, somebody I didn't know behind me.

My world was fading quickly. Please don't be one of them...
Guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurl.

got trans?

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Fri Jun 18, 2010 7:32 pm
SisterItaly says...

DAVIS

"Clare! Wait up for me!" I called ahead. Stupid girl still believed she was my girlfriend. I didn't pity her in the least, if I didn't get to have a nice family neither did she. She didn't hate me since she didn't know it was me who killed her father. I sighed thinking of that day, the day i found her twisted uncomfortably at the bottom of a staircase. I took her and fixed her up, then when she woke up, she told me she couldn't remember anything, so i told her she was my girlfriend. Ever since her whole past has been my little made up fairy tale.
"Clare I said wait!" She stopped obediently. Good girl

CLARE

"Clare I said wait!" I stopped, waiting for him. He ran up beside me panting. "Good god your to fast." I smiled over at him.
"No your just getting old." He gave me a glare. He didn't like me joking about his age. We continued walking down the ally. Davis was still panting. I had a feeling there was a lot he won't tell me. Every time i bring up my past he quickly changes the subject. I heard a growl. I looked up and saw a leopard.
"Clare don't move." I stopped in my tracks. The leopard snarled at Davis, maybe it felt something wrong with him to. I looked up at a girl.
"Hey there!"
"CLARE!"Davis scowled at me.
"Even in the end --even in death-- I can't hate you." - Neri Hereford's last words.

"The Gods demand blood, for they... do not bleed." Jaska.

The Book.

384 Reviews

Fri Jun 18, 2010 7:41 pm
eldEr says...

SHANAELA MARZ

"Hey there!" A peppy, female voice called out behind me.

"CLARE!" This one was male, and obviously ticked.

I managed to pry open my eyes. Shanti was growling, her tail twitching back and forth nervously. I stroked her fur with a trembling hand. My head spun wildly and I closed my eyes again. Would they be mad if I didn't answer them? Shanti would probably come to my rescue if they tried anything...

I took a few deep breaths, trying to sooth my pain.

"Hello?" the girl's voice chirped. It made my head hurt more to hear noise.

"Clare, honestly!"

I bit my lip and placed a trembling hand on the hilt of my sword...just incase. The one time I let Raven out of my sight and this happens... I suppose it was better than the freaks who were hunting me...but still.
Guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurl.

got trans?

23 Reviews

Reviews: 23
Fri Jun 18, 2010 7:42 pm
Chupatoasta says...

Jaykob Austin~

Jaykob groaned in pain, the arrow jutting out from his skin. He needed to find a place to rest... somewhere, anywhere safe. Rook padded beside him, mrrowing worridly. "I-I'm fine," he snarled, fingers bloody from the arror. He had plenty of herbs in his pack, but didn't want to just stop until he was sure he was out of trouble. Rook suddenly snarled, his fur standing on end as his claws digging into the ground. Jaykob was breathing hard, and forced himself to shush the big cat. He pushed through some thick briars, the thorns pulling at his skin, and suddenly ceased his breathing, his eyes running over Rook had been growling at.

A girl with long red hair was sprawled across the forest floor, breathing quick with flushed cheeks and sweat dribbling down her brow. Her fingers were twitching as she writhed in pain. Poison, maybe? Jaykob crouched down and reached out to touch her forehead, a snarling leapard he didn't see earlier jumping at him. Jaykob, surprised, leapt back. He landed on the arrow, nudging it deeper still with a shout of pain.

"Easy there! I was just trying to help!" He yelled out at the big cat before ripping open his sack. He yanked out a long root, throwing it at the vicious animal. "Give that to your master, it'll cure any poison!" Jaykob snapped, glaring. Rook stepped up to his side, growls resounding deep in his chest cavity. "Damned cat." Jaykob growled, finally sitting down against a tree. He wrapped his fingers around the arrow shaft that jutted from his side, bracing himself for the self-removal.

Right before he yanked, a girl and a young man ran into the clearing, suddenly stopping.

"Hey there!" The girl chirped.

"CLARE!" The man barked, Clare diverting her gaze for a mere second.
Oh, the tiger will love you. There is no sincerer love than the love of food.
George Bernard Shaw

57 Reviews

Reviews: 57
Fri Jun 18, 2010 7:54 pm
NinjaCookieMonster says...

Keiko:

Ok.

That was it.

One more person comes into our camp, they're dead.

I stepped out, scowling. "OUT!" I shouted. "All of you! Out! Our camp! Shoo!" I folded my arms and waited. "Well? No? Fine." I growled to myself and walked over to Shanaela. I brushed her hair away from her face and murmured in the Old Tongue, stroking her hair. Slowly, she began to relax.

"Atta girl. That's it, come on, come back to us, Naela, come on," I whispered. She sat up. "What's going on?" she wrote out.

"Nothing you have to worry about. Hunter's still sleeping, and these guys just walked on in. I could take care of them."

The younger guy's face brightened. "Could you? I'm sort of-"

"I meant kill."

"Oh."

Naela shook her head. "Let them stay until the others come back." she wrote. I pouted. Until I spotted a flower on the top of a tree... Oh, it was sooo mine.
hey, Jude, don't make it bad
take a sad song and make it better
remember to let it into your heart
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

"Not vampires, fish from space."

384 Reviews

Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:13 pm
View Likes
eldEr says...

SHANAELA MARZ

I sighed and glanced over at the new comers. I was already scared spittless, but the throbbing in my head had eased off slightly.

"Can't you speak?" the girl asked.

I glared at her and shook my head before scrawling Hon, I'm mute. onto the page and showing it to her. She blinked at me and took a step back. I rolled my eyes and stroked Shanti, eyeing the mutt cautiously. I needed out, to run. Somehow the camp would alway catch up with me and drag me back in, but they knew I would run eventually. Like I always did.

An arrow struck the tree inches above my head and I shot up, eyes bulging. They were back... The end was the same red and black pattern the hunters used.

"What the..." it was the guy with the dog talking, but I was running before I could hear the rest. Raven or no Raven, I was out of here.

Raven was the only one who stuck with me when I ran, and I didn't mind that. Of course she had no idea why I ran. Nobody did. The same way nobody knew why I was always running from them. Trusting was just something I didn't do, and I knew that these theives could get pretty desperate for money the same way I did. Who's to say that one day they wouldn't hand me over to the ones who were hunting me?

Shanti was running ahead of me. At least somebody here knew what was happening. Another arrow whizzed past my right ear. They were hiding... Was I being ambushed? I prayed not. I could hear the others' frantic shouting behind me, but they would have to suck it up.
Guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurl.

got trans?

57 Reviews

Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:39 pm

Keiko:

I took off immediately after Naela did. I grabbed Hunter's arm as I ran past him, shocking him awake. I could hear the others behind me, but ignored them. It was me, Hunter, and Naela that mattered. Raven would find us, so right now we just needed to run.

I knew Naela, and knew that since I hadn't been in the group nearly as long as Raven had, I was likely to be noted as not even part of it at all. Which meant I had to prove I was.

I slapped Hunter's head (he woke up instantly) and fell into a roll as an arrow flew by my head. I caught up to Naela, Hunter on my heels. "Nae," I said breathlessly. She nodded for me to continue. "I spotted a few archers in the trees. Few more hiding in the woods. We have to get away from the trees." She nodded again and veered to the right, into a field with extremely tall grass.

Tall enough to hide most of us.

I made a note to thank her and kept running. The younger guy behind us looked like he was in a lot of pain, but we couldn't do anything about that until we were safe. Ten or so more feet and we reached a clearing, where Naela stopped and sat. I joined her, Hunter taking a seat beside me.

"We've got to be more careful," Naela wrote out. I nodded.

" 'Less we want to get shot up, we're sticking to more concealed places from now on," Hunter said, running a hand through his hair.
Last edited by NinjaCookieMonster on Sat Jun 19, 2010 3:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
hey, Jude, don't make it bad
take a sad song and make it better
remember to let it into your heart
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

"Not vampires, fish from space."

Random avatar

Fri Jun 18, 2010 11:03 pm

Taleon

I hid in the shadows of the house, trying to figure out how I could get in. Maybe if the door hadn't been locked, but of course I had been to lazy to pick up the key that he had made specifically for me... didn't it always go wrong that way? But the window was open, and that would have to do.

I jumped onto the windowsill and crawled in. It was dark- the fire was out and I could barely see anything. Time to get to work, I thought sarcastically.
--
And LDR's, Dark Fey!

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:25 am
SisterItaly says...

DAVIS

I heard Clare shriek as arrows whizzed by. But she stayed still, because you told her to idiot!
"RUN Clare, run!" She took off, i followed close behind her, pulling a dagger out of my boot. No one was going to hurt me today. Clare was running off to far ahead, i wasn't done with her yet. She was an enjoyment to have around.
"Clare slow down!" She slowed down upon demand. I wondered what she would do if she found out. you shouldn't be lying to her. Shut up conscious! I wasn't paying attention and ran right into some chick. I stood quickly and pointed my dagger at her.

CLARE

I put a hand on davis' and lowered the dagger. Then i helped the girl up. I didn't like thieving with Davis, but he said it was to survive so...
"I'm Clare, excuse my boyfriends lack of attention." She smiled at me.
"Raven, have you seen my friend, red hair yeh tall." She said holding her hand up.
"Is she mute?" Asked Davis, always the... never mind that.
"Yes, so you have seen her?" I smiled cutting in before davis could say something rude.
"Yes she took off when the arrows started flying." She cocked an eyebrow and looked at me funny.
"Arrows?"
"Even in the end --even in death-- I can't hate you." - Neri Hereford's last words.

"The Gods demand blood, for they... do not bleed." Jaska.

The Book.

384 Reviews

Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:36 am
eldEr says...

SHANAELA MARZ

I frowned at Hunter. Naive kid. I quickly grabbed my pen and starte writing. Concealed places are more dangerous than being out in the open. It's the first place they look for you and if they find you there, you're trapped. In more open places, they may be lurking around, but it's easier to hide and easier to run.

"That doesn't make sense," he muttered, crossing his arms.

I started writing again. It's what my father taught me. I've been chased before and I'm not dead yet, am I? They would listen to me. I was older than they were and probably more knowledgable about this kind of thing. I was trained after all, and I'd been in hiding my whole life. Little did they know that I was actually being hunted.

Keiko sighed. "I think she has a point..."

My eyes darted around nervously. I was starting to miss Raven. We should try to find Raven I scrawled quickly. After I had found her, I would have to leave these two while they were sleeping. I was putting them into so much danger by staying with them it wasn't even funny.
Guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurl.

got trans?

57 Reviews

Sat Jun 19, 2010 2:31 am

Keiko:

I nodded. Hunter scowled. "And we're just going to let whoever's doing this go free?"

"We're going to get Raven so we can get them, Hunter." I snapped. He humphed and turned over. I muttered an insult to him in the Old Tongue, which I had picked up in the older streets. The sun was starting to sink, which meant I was starting to get scared. It wasn't my choice that I didn't like going to sleep. I started a fire and placed a guard over it. Shanaela looked worried, almost guilty, but that I didn't pay much attention. I was focusing on staying awake. Not that hard, considering how I barely slept either way.

I didn't know where our intruders had gone off to; maybe they found a way back to a city or something. I was still scared to death that Naela would leave us in the middle of the night with Raven. Well, then, if she does... me and Hunter will make our own group. So there. I thought angrily. Naela couldn't leave us- she just couldn't! We were just as skilled as her.

I just wished there was some way to prove that.

Most people ignore most poetry because most poetry ignores most people.
— Adrian Mitchell