z

Young Writers Society

The Sickness

1087 Reviews

Reviews: 1087
Sun May 02, 2010 7:51 pm
Sins says...

Can we start this soon? I don't want it to get crowded... :thud:
I didn't know what to put here so I put this.

Reviews: 3
Sun May 02, 2010 8:42 pm
IndisBubbles says...

I hope to start soon.

EDIT: I've now officially made a Discussion Thread so we can pass around ideas for the "Story Book." Please check it out, I'm giving out some information on it that I think all members need to be happy with.
Last edited by IndisBubbles on Sun May 02, 2010 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
INDI WAS HERE

Sun May 02, 2010 9:16 pm
IndisBubbles says...

Caleb Reynolds-Aerrow

"Come back here you little freak!" A loud voice erupted behind me. Taking a quick turn down an alley way, I felt my feet begin to slip. Holding onto the graffiti covered wall I forced myself forward again. Large icy gulps of air filled my lungs causing a large pain in my chest.

Ducking under a fire escape I struck something hard. Collapsing to the ground I felt my head begin to spin with pain. The sound of enemy foot steps coming closer echoed in my mind. Looking up I stared at the fence for a few seconds. "Damn!" I groaned slowly pushing myself to my feet. Looking around the floor for a weapon my eyes stopped on an old mauled walking stick.

The two bulky teenagers came to a halting stop before the fire escape, crossing the muscled arms across their large defiant chests. "Well, well look who we have here, Mike!" The tallest one with painted green cut coming across his eyebrows mocked. "Mike" laughed highly beside him, his noble looking face twisted into a mask of disgust.

"Been hearing things about your sister little Caleb." Mike began. I felt my jaw tighten, "My name is Aerrow, and leave Annabelle out of this!" I snapped angrily. They both began to laugh hysterically, spittle forming at the corner of their mouths. My mutated sister was a joke to them. I glanced back at the walking stick. "Aerrow! Is that what you call yourself these days?" Looking back at Mike and then towards the potential weapon, I sighed frustrated This was the last time I ever let anyone convince me to take off my katana and pistol for reckon mission.

I jumped towards the walking stick grabbing it in my hands I shouted loudly. Their backs straightened in what looked like a glimpse of fear. They grabbed at their daggers mechanically dropping into a wrestling stance. Looking up I jumped for the fire escape, my fingers wrapping around the rusted pieces of metal. Hauling myself up them, fear coiled tightly around my heart. Flinging my body onto the roof I began to run, Mike and the other's voice calling after me.

Not today, not any day. Rushing towards the fire escape door I could hear my own thoughts entering my mind. Placing my hands onto the knob of the fire escape I began to turn it hurriedly. It wasn't opening! Cursing loudly I began to get frantic belting my shoulder against the hard wood.

"Can't get in can you!" Mike juggled his dagger above his head. His cheeks red with fatigue. I bit into my lip letting my shoulders fall. "Think you could get away that easily, Aerrow" The other boy said, his eyes full of hatred. Pressing my back against the door I began to heave in air. Cornered. "Don't worry Caleb, this won't hurt a bit!" Mike stepped towards me raising his dagger.

I heard something move behind me. The door opened suddenly jerking me into the open entrance. I collapsed onto someone, the door banging shut loudly in response.
“Thought I would come didn't you!" I looked up at a familiar face, “C’mon Aerrow we have to get out of here!”

**Anyone can come in.
INDI WAS HERE

373 Reviews

Reviews: 373
Sun May 02, 2010 9:43 pm
Kamas says...

** Kay :P

"Jesus Christ Aerrow. You've got to be more careful." I glared at him, hearing the other teenagers cursing and banging at the door. I grasped my bo tightly and smashed the window, jumping out.

"I told you not to come." he wheezed.

"But I did, didn't I." I laughed, jumping out of the window and running down the graffiti filled alley, the stench of garbage stung my eyes. I climbed up over the fence, we could hear the two others ramming into the abandoned building.

"Well Aerrow, you better get moving. Your buds are coming."

I smiled from the other side of the fence, waiting for him to climb up. He shot me a look, throwing his bag over the fence at my feet.

"Shut up Ria. You got my weapons?" he asked, jumping down from the top of the fence.

"What do I look like? A donkey?" I grimaced, pulling his katana out.

"Yea, you do." he laughed.
"Nothing is permanent in this wicked world - not even our troubles." ~ Charles Chaplin

#tnt

694 Reviews

Reviews: 694
Sun May 02, 2010 9:52 pm
Via says...

Greer Tolson-GT

Greer stood about 20 feet away from Arianna and Caleb. She shook her head and glanced around her before waving them on, "If you two are done playing kissy face, we've got approximately 35 seconds to split before they get through. Can we please go?"

"Jesus, GT. Why don't you just creep around in the dark and scare a dude." Caleb said, somewhat defensively and somewhat jokingly. He hopped down onto the dirt and grabbed his bag.

Greer's long blonde curls were pulled up into a messy bun. She held her larger knife in one hand, and had dirt on both her clothes and her face--she had obviously found a fight of her own with the tribe while the two were inside. She was dressed in a pair of dark jeans, ripped in several places and not in a fashion-sense kind of way, and a tight black shirt--she tried to blend in, and her bright blonde hair didn't hide her very well so she tried to compensate with her clothes. She had won her fight here tonight, but now she was ready to book it.

She could see specks of light coming from the side of the building, and the banging had suddenly stopped on the doors. Greer knew it was only a matter of time before they would got smart and took the simpler route.

"Coming?"
My Literary and Arts Blog

"I think I'd miss you even if we'd never met." -The Wedding Date

1087 Reviews

Sun May 02, 2010 10:05 pm
Sins says...

Dougie Lee

I shut my eyes as I lay down on the soft, damp grass. I sighed heavily and listened to the chaos around me. There were teenagers shouting and cursing, babies and children crying. That was all that happened these days; crying and shouting. It was great without the adults and everything, it just got a bit loud sometimes.

As I opened my ice blue eyes, a daunting thought entered my head. I thought about my brother. What if he was one of the children crying? I wasn't there to help him, to comfort him. I realised that I was clenching my fists. Sighing once more, I stood back up.

"There 'as to be someone half decent around this dump," I muttered bitterly under my breath.

It was drizzling slightly, but I didn't mind. I liked rain. It felt as though it was washing me clean, it was nice. It wasn't long before I spotted two big guys, running near an old building. They looked a bit lost, to be honest. I grinned as I neared them.

"Where are you guys headed?" I asked, blocking their way out.

"Move out of the way, idiot!" The biggest one spat.

"Whoa! Someone got up on the wrong side of the bed this morning." A curved grin grew on my face.

The guys looked even more annoyed than before; it was great. They may have looked like big, strong dudes but inside, they were just a pair of pansy girls.

"Either you move," The big guy nudged his friend. "Or I get Mike here to make you move."

"Hmm..." I said lightly. "I don't know. You see, I want to move but then again, I don't. I'm assuming you're after those two," I turned and tapped on the doors of the building. I'd seen a guy and a girl run into it a few minutes ago. "The thing is, I don't feel like moving. You might have to catch up with them later." I grinned as I pulled out a small, black gun.

Neither Mike or his mate looked very impressed.

373 Reviews

Sun May 02, 2010 10:32 pm
Kamas says...

Arianna Cortez

I shot Greer a look and turned to jog over in her direction.

"You picked a fight didn't you? Alright, let's get out of here." I waved Aerrow over as a gunshot sounded.

"Uh oh. I don't think monkeybrain 1 and 2 are stupid enough to shoot each other." Aerrow said, throwing on his bag.

"Yea. I'm not getting involved in a gun fight. Thanks." I spat, zipping up a hoodie. "I'm out of here."

I grabbed onto the pipes of the building and swung myself up onto a ledge. I could hear Greer groan.

"Are you seriously going back to your perch?" she said, her blond locks swinging.

"Hey, just because I'm not getting involved doesn't mean I can't watch." I teased, pulling myself up onto the roof. "You guys coming or are you scared of heights?"

I walked over to the other side of the roof, to spot a new boy. I could only glimpse his jet black hair and his gun.

"This ought to be interesting."
"Nothing is permanent in this wicked world - not even our troubles." ~ Charles Chaplin

#tnt

Reviews: 4
Sun May 02, 2010 10:33 pm
MayApple says...

Jojo

I run up to the rest of the group.

"Look what I got!" I half sing. In my hand is a bag of Skittles.

"Sweet, literally." Caleb jokes.

"I know, found them lying around in an abandoned house. I offically award myself bonus points on the test of life." I laugh. The others sort-of smile.

"Let's eat." Ria says with a shrug. I pour some of the candy into each of their hands. I hadn't had skittles, or any candy really. I was so happy to have found some!

Sorry it's short....
Life is a door, and I hold the key to happiness.

694 Reviews

Sun May 02, 2010 11:30 pm
Via says...

Greer Tolsen - GT

Greer hoped up on the ledge next to Arianna, "Well, at least they have new distractions."

Jojo hoped up next to them in her cheery voice. She was younger than the rest of them--only by a couple years, but at their age that made a huge difference. Greer liked Jojo, but her ridiculously peppy attitude all the time drove her nuts. Plus Greer got a little tired of fighting her battles for her--she thought Jo could have learned at least something in the way of fighting by now. But, she tolerated her to the best of her ability. She was, after all, young. As if they all weren't young.

Greer stuck a couple skittles in her mouth and looked down at the new guy with the gun. She shook her head, "Now, come on. This idiots going to get himself killed." But really, she couldn't tear her eyes away from his face. There was something about it--something deep but hardened, without much care for what happens to himself.

Ari laughed a little, "Better him than me, my friend."

She stuck the last of the skittles she had been awarded by Jojo into her mouth and smacked her hands together as if the sugar made them dirty.

"Seriously. What the hell does he think he's doing?" One of the guys moved around his side, there was no way he was going to win this battle alone.

Greer sighed heavily, "See, we could have just left and we would have never seen this punk." She hoped off the ledge and pulled her knife back out of it's pouch on her belt, "I'll be back."

She slid around the side of the building until she could hear Mike, the other guy, and Douglas plainly. She stayed around the corner and listened, waiting for the perfect opportunity to jump in.

Greer heard the two guys laugh and one of them spoke, "Aw. Bwabies gotta gun. Ohh, I'm scawred." Her cue.

She jumped around the side and swiped the big guy. She meant to hit his neck, but missed--still, the blood poured from his arm and he felt it, "You should be scared.

373 Reviews

Sun May 02, 2010 11:52 pm
Kamas says...

Arianna Cortez

I wiped my sticky hands on my jeans, watching Greer climb down knife in hand.

"Is she really going to get involved?" I sighed to myself, watching her jump out of the shadows and swipe one of the guys in the arm. The other two immediately noticed her appearance, and one drew his attention away from the black-haired boy to Greer. He grasped her tightly around the chest as she kicked at the other boy.

Aerrow looked at me, "Should we help?"

I paused for a moment and finally pulled out my shotgun. "Yea, but I'm staying up here."

Grasping my shotgun firmly, I loaded the barrel and pointed it at the guy who Greer was kicking at.

"1... 2.. 3.. You're dead." I whispered, pulling the trigger.

The guy, fell backwards grasping his chest. Everyone froze, looking at the boy now limp on the floor.

"Get down guys." I said, dropping onto my stomach. "I can't believe she made me use this, again. We're going to have to find some ammo, and if we're lucky a new gun."

#tnt

1087 Reviews

Mon May 03, 2010 12:10 am
Sins says...

Dougie Lee

"Aw. Bwabies gotta gun. Ohh, I'm scawred." Mike laughed.

"Dude... learn to speak properly..." I rolled my eyes at them.

I was about to tell them about how much I didn't give a shit what they did next, when some chick with a knife suddenly appeared. Within the matter of seconds, she'd slashed the one guy's arm.

"You should be scared." The girl grinned as the guy's face turned white.

Clearly angry, the one guy grabbed the girls arms as she began to frantically kick at the other guy, Mike. It was kind of stupid really, had they forgotten that I had a gun in my hand? Chuckling to myself, I aimed the gun at Mike's head.

Before I had a chance to pull the trigger, I heard a loud gunshot. Seconds later, Mike was screaming in pain. A pleasured grin grew on my face as I noticed a blood stain forming on his chest. Clearly afraid, the other guy practically sprinted back down the alleyway. The girl with the knife was now stood against the wall, catching her breath.

"You all right?" I asked her, not that I really gave a crap.

"Yeah. Fine." She replied happily enough.

I looked up at where the gun shot had come from. I noticed a girl with dark hair who had a small shotgun in her hand. She looked quite proud of herself. Pfft, I could have gotten that guy in the head from where she is. I thought confidently.

"I'm Dougie, by the way." I said, putting my gun into my pocket.

"Greer." The girl replied.

Mon May 03, 2010 12:21 am
IndisBubbles says...

Caleb Reynolds-Aerrow

Mike collapsed towards the ground clasping his wounded his chest. His eyelids began to flutter quickly, rolling his eyes back into his head his hand fell lifelessly to the ground. A gust of wind charged through the alley way making my clothes whip around me. I ducked down pulling my pistol from my back pocket. Ari put her hand out in front of my shaking her head. I looked down to see Mike's companion staring at Mike's bloodied life less body.

Shaking his head he looked back up at GT and the new guy. Jojo hid her head in her lap unable to look at the sickening sight. I wished I could do the same thing. "I wasn't going to hurt you guys I swear!" Mike's friend babbled stumbling over Mike’s body and towards the exit of the alley way, his hands raised protectively.

The new guy raised his gun pointing it imbetween Mike's friend’s eyes. "Please! I was only taking orders; I didn’t want to hurt you...please!" He sobbed loudly. GT's eyes softened though her facial feature remained neutral.

"Orders from whom?" I asked loudly. He looked over at me his eyes full of hatred. "He asked you a question," Ari said through gritted teeth raising her shot gun onto her shoulder. Jojo looked up, moving towards the edge of the platform. GT grunted at her, though Jojo dismissed it with a shrug. She clutched tightly onto the skittle packet her eyes wide with innocence.

"Orders from-" The enemies knees began to shake, and he began to move more quickly for the exit. The mysterious new guy shot at the ground next to the guy sending him toppling to the floor in fright. I gasped; Jojo screeched loudly, GT and Ari's eyes widened in horror. "Orders from whom?!" The mysterious guy shouted, his face fearless.

"From Kamiah!" The tall guy screeched covering his arms over his head. "Kamiah wants him dead." He pointed at me his arm shaking with fear. "He said whoever gives Aerrow’s head to him, will become second in charge-" A shot wrung out. I looked up to see a figure in a dark cloak holding a large gun, smoke wafting from the barrel.

Jojo screeched ear piercingly. I looked down to see blood pooling around Mike's now deceased companion. "Get him!" Jojo screeched pointing up at the cloaked figure. She ran quickly towards a thick white pipe leading towards the roof. Ari grabbed onto Jojo’s shirt pulling her back towards the platform. Jojo began to squirm kicking and screaming loudly.

"Lemme go, Lemme go!" Her skittles spilled across the platform falling towards the ground. I looked back up pulling my pistol out from my back pocket. Sliding his finger across his neck he pointed at me. My mouth dropped in confusion, flapping his cloak the figure jumped towards the other building disappearing into the shadows. "Jojo please stop..." Ari said quietly. Jojo stopped kicking; hiding her face in Ari sweat sodden shirt she let out a sob.
INDI WAS HERE

694 Reviews

Mon May 03, 2010 12:26 am
Via says...

Greer Tolsen - GT

"Well that was interesting. I'm Greer. They call me GT."

She slid her knife back into into case and pushed a fallen curl out of her face, twisting it back around her ponytail. She huffed a little--she had strength, but the adrenaline wore her out no matter how short a fight was.

Her eyes shifted up to the top of the building where the girl was. She couldn't quite recognize her, but her outline was very Arianna-like. She shrugged a bit to the awkward conversation between her tribal members and "the other guy." Whoever this Kamiah was, he'd have to wait.

She was, however, slightly concerned about how fast the situation exploded. Who was the guy in the cloak?

Greer put her hands on her hips and lowered her eyebrows at Doug. Sure he was attractive, but she was really rather annoyed by his actions. They had a hard enough time staying alive without looking for trouble. Plus, with this new information, she wasn't really sure if she should trust him or not. She kept a hand on her knife for a fast draw, just in case.

"You have some kind of death wish, 'Dougie?'"
Last edited by Via on Mon May 03, 2010 1:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

336 Reviews

Reviews: 336
Mon May 03, 2010 12:50 am
Jas says...

Name: Kamilah Medina Gedson
Nickname: Kammie
Appearance: Off her shoulder dark brown hair with streaks of sun-dyed blond. Long eyelashes around hazel green eyes. She's pretty tall and has a thin face but a little baby fat around her stomach. Normally wears jeans, a t-shirt and black Converse. She ALWAYS has on her crescent moon necklace with her name in arabic on it. Her mother gave it to her.

Picture: Don't have

Personality: She used to be very outgoing, loud, sarcastic and overall happy. After her parents death, she reclined and is very quiet now. She takes prescription drugs and sometimes cuts herself. She is in general, depressed.

History: She lived around the area of the tribe so she was instantly in. She had twin little sisters but one of them died in the panic of the city and the other one lives with her. Her name is Mikala and she is 8. They're parents died of the Sickness but as they lived on the outskirts of the city, they were one of the last to die. They were left with 5,000 dollars cash but it became useless.

Vices/Strengths: She can fight pretty well but is best with a knife. She's clever and will find a way to kill her enemy.

Up for love: If you want her and can woe her, then why not?

Other: She is fiercely protective of her little sister. Oh and her mom was Arabic and her father was German.
I am nothing
but a mouthful of 'sorry's, half-hearted
apologies that roll of my tongue, smoothquick, like 'r's
or maybe like pocket candy
that's just a bit too sweet.

~*~

336 Reviews

Reviews: 336
Mon May 03, 2010 1:07 am
Jas says...

Kammie

*** I changed something! She lives in her old apartment with her sister. No one knows they exists. Well, until now...:)***

The minute I heard the gunshots, I grabbed Mikayla's hand and pulled her to our safe spot/

"Now you stay here while I see what's going on okay?" I told Mikayla. She nodded and her brown curls bobbed up and down. I turned, grabbed my two knives, stuck one in my boot and one in the waistband of my pants then went to the window and moved the wood covering it a little.

To guys guy about 17 were on the floor, unmoving, blood pouring out from a bullet wound in they're chests. Dead. Wonderful, isn't our new world great? They're were a group of teens walking around. One of the guys, the one with the gun turned up and saw me. His eyes hardened and he turned towards his friends. I moved away from the window, my eyes widened in fear.

"So he had buddies up there waiting to kill us huh?" He shouted.

A girl with blonde hair turned up and saw the moved wood that was now sliding to the floor. She raised her gun and shot 3 times, the bullets exploding through the glass. I screamed and dropped to the floor, then mentally kicked myself for screaming.

"Let's go check it out," One of them said.

**Sorry if it's bad this is my first Storybook in like 3 months :)**
I am nothing
but a mouthful of 'sorry's, half-hearted
apologies that roll of my tongue, smoothquick, like 'r's
or maybe like pocket candy
that's just a bit too sweet.

~*~

It's not nice to roast people when they're out of comebacks.
— Tuckster