z

Young Writers Society

Surfs up

98 Reviews

Reviews: 98
Sun Apr 18, 2010 4:08 pm
curiousvampire says...

Okay, I guess we'll begin, but were still accepting. :)

Korie
I took a seat on the bench outside the airport, far away from the others- the flight wasn't long from California to Hawaii. I was never the social type. Closing my eyes, I rested my head while.

"Hey, you!" this girl pops up right in front of me- her face inches away from mine. She was really pretty and had a wondrous smile.

"Hi," was my startled response.

"Can I sit next to you?" she asked.

"Sure," I shrugged. She settled in the empty spot next to me.

"So where ya from?"

"L.A." I answer dryly.

ME, too!" She squealed,"I'm Leigh by the way." She stretched out her hand.

I took it into mines and we shaked,"I'm Korie."

"I like your board," Leigh pointed to my surfboard. "Design it yourself?"

" Thanks," I smiled," and yea' I did the artwork myself."

"Cool, that's mines over there," She pointed to a white board with pink faces on it. "I did it myself."

----------------------------------
Darren

"Aren't you Darren Sanchez," a girl with with bronze skin and brown hair approached me."You came in third place last year at the 'Big Kahuna' competition last year, right?"

"Yep,but this year I'm coming in first." I grinned.

" Don't count on it, you may be coming in second place instead," she stated matter-a- factly. "I plan on winning this year."

"Is that so," I smirked and raised a brow. "And just who might you be?"

"I'm Samantha Williams," She cheeked a broad smile.
"I became insane,with long intervals of horrible insanity."

"Their ideology is that human nature is fundamentally evil.In other words, humans are evil from the day they are born."

"Human is beatiful. Perfect is boring."

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:50 pm
fictionfanatic says...

Leigh:

Korie made a funny face at my board. I always got that reaction but I loved my board and I didn't plan on changing it. "I'm so siked for this! I 've adored surfing since before I could walk." With a flip of my wrist I tossed my hair back and away from my face. "You don't talk much do you." I stated. Korie nodded "Yeah, not really." I laughed "Well that'll change if you keep hanging out with me." I said.

"So, are you good? What am I saying, you must be good if you're here. Wanna see a video? I brought my laptop and a few movies with me for the ride." I placed one of the earbuds in my right ear and handed him the other one. Plugging in the earbuds to the laptop I placed in the disk. Korie didn't do anything "Go ahead, I don't mind. If we just talk the whole time you'll be sick of me before we even get to Hawaii, and we're not even on the plane yet." He put the earbud in and I pressed play.
Live, Love, Laugh

78 Reviews

Reviews: 78
Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:55 pm
Theodorable says...

Sam

"I'm Samantha Williams," Sam said, extending her hand.

"You new?" Darren asked.

"Sort of, I've been here before, but this is my first time joining the competition," Sam brushed her hair back from her face. "But I have plans on winning. So don't start planning your after party."

"Oh, really?" he asked a smile spreading across his face.

"No one will even come close," Sam said, a wicked smile in place. She readjusted the strap to her gym bag on her shoulder. "Well, I'd better get back, I've got a class to get ready for."
Driver picks the music, shotgun shuts his cake hole. -Dean, Supernatural

351 Reviews

Reviews: 351
Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:39 pm
ToritheMonster says...

Tie-

I stuck my board in the sand next to a few others and looked for somebody to hang out with. I spotted a couple of teens about my age and walked over to join them. "Hey, I'm Tie. I've never been to this beach before, do either of you know much about it? Is it good for surfing?" I had seen a few good waves, but nothing special. "I'm Korie." said one of them, nodding casually. "Leigh." introduced the other. "Like, you've really never been here before? Well, the waves are crap right now. They'll pick up later." She said, digging her toes into the sand. I plopped down next to them. "Who's board is the one with pink faces on it?" I asked. It was pretty awesome. "Mine!" squealed Leigh, looking over. "Yours is that rainbow-y one?" she asked. "Yeah.It was white originally, but then I spilled some car oil on it. It looked cool all rainbow-y, so I just decided to paint it that way." I said. I was so bored. "Ever eaten a raw crab before?" I asked. The shook their heads no. I dug into the sand and pulled up a scuttler one. I cracked its shell open and slurped out the inside. "Want me to get you guys some? They're pretty good. And generally don't pinch." I said, laughing slightly at their both awed and disgusted faces.
Honey, you should see me in a crown.

84 Reviews

Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:59 pm
fictionfanatic says...

Leigh:

The girl Tie dug out a crab, cracked it's shell open, and slurped out its insides. It was so nasty I could feel the horrified look on my face "Um, no. Not really. I'd prefer not to." She looked to Korie who just shook his head. With a shrug she said "More for me." And dug out another one. I kind of admired her for it, I wouldn't do it unless of course dared to but it was pretty cool.

I stood up dusting sand off of my legs and pulled my yellow tank top off. I slid my white shorts down and kicked them off of my feet. "You guys want to go for a swim?" I asked tightening the tie of my pink and black leopard print bikini top.
Live, Love, Laugh

84 Reviews

Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:02 pm
fictionfanatic says...

It's to young to die!
Live, Love, Laugh

Reviews: 1
Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:14 am
Fox says...

Name: Kairi Chang

Where your from: Asia

Appearance/picture:
Spoiler! :

Appearance/picture of surf board:
Spoiler! :

Personality: Sweet, Fun-loving, Talented, Smart, Clumsy (on land, not while in the water), Emotional, A little shy, A good listener-Only because she's not good at talking herself.

History: She lived a pretty normal life, but she was very rich. Since she lives near the shore, she surfs a lot! She learned how to surf at age 6, and continued to practice everyday since then. When she heard about the surfing contest in Hawaii, she begged her parents to go. They wouldn't allow her, but she wasn't going to give up. She asked instead if she could go visit some of the family with Seth. They allowed that, of course. As you might guess, she was not going to visit family. She had talked to her cousin about it and they made a deal to cover for her if her parents called. Instead, she was going to Hawaii.

job: waitress

Up for love: Yup!

Other: n/a
Last edited by Fox on Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
I am a fox, sly and quick.
I never give up
I never quit

I do what I can
I stand and fight

I strategize
I stand tall
throughout the night

I am a fox

Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:32 am
Fox says...

Kairi Chang

I ran as fast as I could to the beach where I saw some other surfers. I had to wait up for Seth sometimes because he was going slow just to annoy me. I finally made it there just before the others were about to go swimming.

"Hey!" I shouted. "Wait for me!" I ran up to them as fast as I could go, quickly slipping off my shorts and T-shirt that I had on top of my bathing suit as I ran. I was almost out of breath when I made it there.

"Hey guys." I said, putting my hand out. "I'm Kairi Chang. I'm here for the surfing contest."

Everyone shook my hand and introduced themselves. "We're all here for the competition,too." Korie said. "We were just about to go for a swim. Wanna come with us?"

Even though I was shy, I didn't want to turn it down. I wanted to get to know everyone. Seth came up behind me, and I introduced him to everyone. I didn't say that he was my brother, though, because I didn't want him to do anything that might embarrass me.

"Hey." Seth said to everyone. He looked around at all the girls there, and I could tell he was hitting on them silently in his mind. I hit him in the stomach. He just chuckled and looked at Leah, smiling. I didn't want him to ruin this for me, so I started to talk to maybe take the attention away from him.

"So, are we going to the water or what?" I asked everyone. We all ran quickly to the shore. As I ran with them, I looked back at Seth to give him a 'stop or else' look. Brothers can be so annoying sometimes.
I never give up
I never quit

I do what I can
I stand and fight

I strategize
I stand tall
throughout the night

I am a fox

Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:41 am
Fox says...

Name: Seth Chang (Kairi's sister)
Where your from: Asia
Appearance/picture:
Spoiler! :

Spoiler! :

Personality: smart, confident, athletic (muscular too!), responsible.
History: He came from a very rich family, but his parents are gone a lot. He's always in charge when they're gone, so he's used to responsibility. He learned to surf when he was 7 years old, but he wasn't as good as his sister. He's never had a girlfriend before, so he was hoping to get one in Hawaii when he went with his sister. She wanted to go to a surf contest, and he took it as a chance to finally get out some. Of course, he was going to participate in the competition too.
job: swim, surf director
Up for love: OH YA!!! Way up for it!
Other: n/a
I never give up
I never quit

I do what I can
I stand and fight

I strategize
I stand tall
throughout the night

I am a fox

84 Reviews

Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:26 pm
fictionfanatic says...

Leigh:

I ran into the water and dove under automatically. Coming up for air a few feet out I flipped my hair so it lay on my back. I screamed "This is amazing!" I leapt around and danced. Grabbing one person I forced them to dance with me. Dancing alone was alright but not as fun as it was with other people.
Live, Love, Laugh

Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:53 pm
Fox says...

Kairi

I decided to follow Leah, so I dove into the water. It felt so...refreshing. I hadn't been in the water for so long because I didn't want my parents to get suspicious about something. It felt cold, but that was the way I liked it.

"This is so nice." I said, floating on my back. "Come on in guys!"
I never give up
I never quit

I do what I can
I stand and fight

I strategize
I stand tall
throughout the night

I am a fox

126 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 126
Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:03 pm
Day says...

*Yes, It is to soon to give up on this. I'll bring some people in. I'm also going to send a PM to everyone who hasn't posted yet, but if I send you one sorry!

Justin Swift (Tour Guide):

The afternoon felt great as I bumped along the dirt roads in my tour vehicle. Shame there hadn't been anyone that needed a tour today, but that was cool with me because that meant I could take the rest of the day off. My last stop for the day was the small airport.

Slowly I came over the hill that looked down on the small airport. Most of the time we didn't get too many people coming in since this was the smallest airport on the island, but it was part of my route. As I approached the bench that was the bus stop I could see that a few people were actually there.
"If the king doesn't lead, how can he expect his subordinates to follow?"

98 Reviews

Reviews: 98
Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:01 pm
curiousvampire says...

Sorry I know I haven't posted anything here forever, but I'll like to thank you all for keeping it alive.

Korie
After the refreashing dip we were all now claded in dry clothes waiting fo the bus that was suppose to take us to the hotel.

"Hey Korie," Kairi appeared in front of me. She was so cute and so was her brother seth, who my eyes kept lingering on every now and again. A few feet away he, Tie and Leigh were luaghin and giggling

"Hi Kairi," I smiled.

"Soooooooo..." she started ending th awkward silence between us, how long you been surfing?"

I shrugged, "a few years now, and you?"

"Since I was six. What are ya gonna do with the money if you win the competition."

"Don't know-------."

"Well I know what I'm gonna do with the money when I win." Darren interrupted.

"Like that's going to happen," Sam pursed her lips. "I'll be the one winning.

Darren

"Oh please sweetie, do you actually think you can defeat me?" I rose brow.

"I'm pretty sure I can and will," Sam smirked cockily.

"Okay then, I think I hear a challenge."

"Fine then name the stakes."

"Alright then lets have a surf off; me and you only and if I win you have to go on a date with me."

"And when I win whats in it for me?" She asked.

"I'll be your slave for two weeks. Deal"

"Deal," Sam agreed.
"I became insane,with long intervals of horrible insanity."

"Their ideology is that human nature is fundamentally evil.In other words, humans are evil from the day they are born."

"Human is beatiful. Perfect is boring."

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:18 pm
Kaywiia says...

Translations are at the bottom.

Natalia Petrov(Nat)-Russia

I get off the plane. There had been a back-up at the airport, so I was a day late.

"Я люблю Вас, до свидания теперь, развлекайтесь!*" My mother says, giving me a hug.

"Я буду, я не прийти домой пустой врученный.**" I promise her. She smiles, and turns away.

I take a rental car to the hotel. When I get in a older gentelman who needed to lay off the shashlyk chips.

"You must be Natalia." He says in thickly accented Russian.

"Speak I American." I tell him.

"You speak English." e corrects. I repeat what he says.

"I am trying." I tell him.

"And that was correct." He aproves. He claps his hands together. He leads me to a romm and tosses me a white and red maids uniform.

"Put it on." He says. I nodd, and when he leaves the room, find a bathroom and change.

The uniform fits well. Not too tight, not too loose. As I walk out of the bathroom, he gives and aproving nodd and begins to speak english so quickly I have no idea what he is saying.

"Я не понимаю Вас, говорю медленно Вы грязная свинья!***" I yell at him. I tended to yell people in Russian when I was mad. It was obvious he had not understood me. I grinned.

*I love you, goodbye now, have fun!

**I will, I won't come home empty handed.

***I don't understand you, talk slowly you dirty pig!
Love is beautiful, but what would love be without life?

Reviews: 0
Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:16 pm
BeckaaBeatdown says...

Someone bring me in please :)

Name: Alice Von Monroe
Where your from: Leicester, England
Appearance/picture:
Spoiler! :

Spoiler! :

Personality: Rebbecca is a very dreamy, eccentric character...easily spotted in an ordinary crowd...she has many "bizarre" theories and believes in creatures considered to be imaginary. however, she is intelligent and very observant. she's very blunt and says things that others could only wish they could say openly and without shame. unfortunately, people are very shallow so they only see that she a bizarre and insane person and laugh at her because of it, but she doesn't yell, fight or scream about it to anyone who cares to listen, she just moves on with her life and doesn't care. she's very comfortable with herself and independent. she's very loyal and brave. she's a great person, rare and beautiful. very, very rare.

History: Was in a posh family, always the spoilt one

job: waitress

Up for love: yes :)

Other: scared of most animals.
RebbeccaVonZzombiie

You think I was a zombie, By the way I give you brain!

One Night Of The Hunter, One Day I Will Get Revenge, One Night To Remember, One Day It'll All Just Fade..

Attention is the beginning of devotion.
— Mary Oliver, Upstream