z

Young Writers Society

High School

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Fri May 22, 2009 4:35 pm
Skull3670 says...

Cypher

"This is gonna be a long day." I looked in the rear view mirror to see police cars screech round the corner.
"Time to try out some of the buttons" i smirked knowingly as Mac gave me a questioning look. I reached forward and opened the glove compartment to reveal rows of buttons labelled in our fathers neat spidery hand writing.
"Ooh, hellfire" i smirked happily reading through the different buttons. "Hmm i wonder what 'ion cannon' does? Ooh," my eyes lit up, litterally, as i spotted the perfect button for our current predicament. "Imp blaster!" I grinned maniacly and thumbed the button. A small screen giving the view of the world behind the car dropped from the ceiling. I lined up with the lead car and hit fire. I smiled as a small blue imp shot from the back of the Hummer and landed on the cars windshield. The imp shook, stood up, crawled under the car and began pulling and biting the chasis. I lined up the other cars in my sight and held down the fire button watching twenty imps of various colours tear up the persuing vehicles. Proud of my handy work I instructed Mac to take us home, and to my surprise, he did.

Back at the house we saw the door was back on its hinges.
"Crap..." I breathed. Then in sync we said the words that would make any self-respecting sons empty the contents of their bladders: "Mom's home." For a moment we just stood in shocked silence before I finally stepped forward and, grasping the cold door handle, I murmured "Here goes..." and opened the door.

Mom was stood on one leg in the centre of the living room, a machete in one hand and a still squawking chicken in the other.
"Hey mom," we said in monotonic unison.
"Where have you two hooligans been? I come home to find the house a state and Cypher you haven't even cleaned that old lady off the wall."
"Why do you always blame me?" I complained. I knew it was me but still...
"Because it was a giant, right hand print I found in her chest."
"Damn it" i muttered under my breath.
"I go to summon your father for a weekend away and all hell breaks loose!"
"That's just a bit of an overstatment don't you think?" said Mac. "If all hell had broken loose we would be conquering Russia at the head of a vast demonic army."
"Yes, I agree with Mac. An interesting choice of words, mom."
"Oh don't go suddenly putting that education we've forced upon you two to some use. Your father and I had to make hundreds of sacrifices just so you could have a better after-life...literally. Don't go using it against us. Now go get ready for tomorrow."
As we trudged off to our bedrooms the inscesent squawking was abruptly cut off by a hard THUD.
"Oh, by the way," I paused just in the doorway of my room, "What's for dinner?"
"Chicken."
I have looked into the eye of the storm and stared it down. I am an adrenaline junky and i know no fear.

29 Reviews

Reviews: 29
Fri May 22, 2009 7:14 pm
jok101 says...

Here's my character

Name: Joe

Creature: Angel

Personality: Friendly and kind he is witty but doesn't like people being sad and knows how to cheer them up he is popular but not a Jock, even though he is popular he is liked by all the cliches.

Appearance: Brown hair with a fringe that curls across his face, he is athletic looking but not a body builder, He normally wears jeans and t shirts of different colours but he wears different jacked often, all his clothes have slits in so his wings have space to breath.

History: Joe Started his life in the afterlife with his Angel mother and Dead human father, because his father was a human once he has the ability to travel from one dimension to another, automatically making him a Guardian angel. He proudly took up the position when he was 14 just as he started high school and still dose the job at the same time as school, at the nights and stuff, He is well on his way to becoming the Grim reaper. A position that isn't actually from hell but from the good side it also isn't quite as evil and the whole skeleton thing is overrated. But Joe is finding that he is content with his position as a guardian angel. His Mother is a Choir Angel a job wear Angels watch the humans and are part of the investigations that help judge them.

Other: Up for love

-His Parents
-Indie music
-any music
-lots more

Dislike:
-Bullies
-Demons
-chocolate [its a sin in the after life and he's punished if he eats it]

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Fri May 22, 2009 7:28 pm
RayneChild says...

Guys, please don't start posting yet!

Yes, arya, they can be friends ^^

Your guys' characters are saved ^^ But please post profiles asap, okay?

Thanks! :D

~Rayne
Singing: It's more than my forte; it's my fortissimo
---
They say "Guns don't kill people. People kill people."
Well, I think guns help. If you just stand there and yell BANG I don't think you're going to kill too many people...

72 Reviews

Reviews: 72
Fri May 22, 2009 7:34 pm
Moo says...

Name: Summer Anderson

Age/Year: 17

Creature: Dragon. Can control the element earth, so she can grow trees, talk to animals etc. When in dragon form she can produce bright green flames from her mouth.

Appearance/picture: In her human form she is of medium height, slim, with green eyes and brown hair. She normally wears jeans, T-shirts and her favorite pair of Converses. In her dragon form she looks like the earth element dragon in the top left corner:

http://dragarta.deviantart.com/art/Elem ... r-33182087

Personality: Friendly and happy to meet new people. She can be hot headed and intolerant however when it comes to unfair cruelty to other people. She loves company but rarely has any, so she has taught herself to adapt to solitary life. She adores nature and animals, and likes to celebrate the vibrancy of nature through writing poems.

History/Background: When she was 15 she and her parents where in a devastating car accident that left her trapped in the burning wreckage, the only one left alive. She transformed into her dragon form the very first time, bursting through the twisted metal and flying from the scene, taking refuge in a forest. She came to the school by choice as she would like to meet others like her.

Other: She is a vegetarian. Up for love.
“Poetry is old, ancient, goes back far. It is among the oldest of living things. So old it is that no man knows how and why the first poems came.”

--Carl Sandburg

541 Reviews

Reviews: 541
Fri May 22, 2009 7:41 pm
Lauren2010 says...

Can I still join?? If not I'll remove my character.

Name: Rebekah Monroe (goes by Bekah)

Age/Year: Junior; 17

Creature: Fox Hybrid

Appearance/picture: Long red-brown hair and matching colored ears and tail, tip of tail is cream colored. Usually dressed in bohemian/hippie like fashions. Often wears braids mixed in with her straight hair.

Personality: Bekah loves all living things and nature, she is sometimes referred to as a bit of a hippie. Bekah can also be sly and a sort of trixter if she wants, but she values truth and honesty more than anything. Bekah is a little shy when it comes to new people and is afraid of being hurt, but she opens up easily and is peppy and fun.

History/Background: Bekah was often lied to as a child, she spent much of her life in foster care and is now an emancipated teen after being beaten by her adoptive family. Bekah now lives with a few other emancipated teens in an apartment who also attend her high school (anyone in for rooming with Bekah??).

Got YWS?

72 Reviews

Reviews: 72
Fri May 22, 2009 7:47 pm
Moo says...

Hey Rayne, do we start during the first day of school or the day before or something? :P
Awesome idea for a storybook, btw ;) I can't wait to get started! *twitches impatiently*

-Moo
“Poetry is old, ancient, goes back far. It is among the oldest of living things. So old it is that no man knows how and why the first poems came.”

--Carl Sandburg

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Fri May 22, 2009 8:02 pm
Skull3670 says...

Sorry we were a little eager to start! Please read them though :) We will post more soon.
From the Brothers Grim
I have looked into the eye of the storm and stared it down. I am an adrenaline junky and i know no fear.

Random avatar

Reviews: 24
Fri May 22, 2009 9:41 pm
phantom of the potter says...

If its not too late, I will claim a vampire spot...
"The grasshopper!... Mind the grasshopper!... A grasshopper not only turns, it hops!... It hops!... And it hops jolly high!" ~Erik, The Phantom of the Opera

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Fri May 22, 2009 11:20 pm
chinchillagirl_34 says...

Okay I don't have time to make a profile but I want to save a spot for a demon and hybrid.

Oh and I'll have one of my characters live with Behck
Last edited by chinchillagirl_34 on Sat May 23, 2009 1:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Why don't we let Peeta claim it, since he died today?"-Finnick (Catching Fire)

"We may be friends and all, but if were being chased by crazy flesh eating zombies. I won't lie. . .I'll trip you."~ Me after watching the hills have eyes.

541 Reviews

Reviews: 541
Fri May 22, 2009 11:35 pm
Lauren2010 says...

I made this offer in my profile..but here it is again. Bekah is an emancipated teen and lives on her own in an apartment near the school, if anyones characters want to room with her they can. =)
Got YWS?

106 Reviews

Reviews: 106
Sat May 23, 2009 1:55 am
Flux says...

can I still reserve a spot?
"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person.

Give him a mask and he will tell you the truth."

-- Oscar Wilde

202 Reviews

Reviews: 202
Sat May 23, 2009 1:57 am
Octave says...

Hey! I want to join. If I do this a little wrong, forgive me. This is my first time joining a storybook.

Name: Jillian Leicester (Jill)

Age/Year: 16 years old/Sophomore

Creature: Dragon. Controls fire (which is strange and contrary to her personality). She breathes bluish white flames and is fond of playing with fire when in her human form. She can manipulate fire in her human form, but she can't breathe it or make it. She can help start a fire if provided with a spark though. Jill can also manipulate lightning and electricity but she can't make it unless she's in her dragon form. Her HUGE weakness is cold water. Even when she's in human form she despises cold water. If doused with cold water whilst human, she can't breathe fire/electricity when in her dragon form.

Appearance/picture: Pale skin, long straight light brown hair with green eyes. She's kind of tall, around 5"6. She usually wears a white top with plain denim jeans.

Dragon appearance: http://benwootten.deviantart.com/art/White-Dragon-115558325

Personality: She's a bit of an ice queen and doesn't talk much. She usually keeps with one or two friends. When she walks into the room, the temperature kind of drops several degrees (figuratively). Comes off as snobbish and mean, but she's all right once you get to know her. She enjoys classical music, reading books and generally doing her own thing. She also has a sharp tongue but it really is her own way of being playful. She hardly ever broods, though.

History/Background: *if any*
Jill's parents own a successful retail store (something like Walmart). They aren't home much and so Jill has the house to herself. She's pretty close with their housekeeper Petra. She didn't have many friends as kids and she's learned to deal with being lonely. She has a pet dog (German Shepherd) named Keegan for company whenever Petra has a day off. She frequently brings Keegan around town on walks. He's her constant companion. Her parents give her everything she wants as if it will make their non-human child go away. They're afraid of having another child because what if it ends up like Jill? Petra, though, has no qualms about Jill's being a dragon.

Other: She prefers to drink/bathe in warm (often boiling hot) water. She can also stand in a cold environment longer than the others, but that's because her body temp is crazy high. If you touch her, you'd think she has a fever or something.

-(as dragon)Although her hide is tough, her belly area is unprotected and soft.

-Hating cold water and all, she also hates the rain and frequently carries an umbrella in her backpack.
Attachments
ny_models-daniela-17412.jpg
Her human picture. ^^
ny_models-daniela-17412.jpg (29.63 KiB) Viewed 204 times
"The moral of this story, is that if I cause a stranger to choke to death for my amusement, what do you think I’ll do to you if you don’t tell me who ordered you to kill Colosimo?“

-Boardwalk Empire

Love, get out of my way.

Dulcinea: 2,500/50,000

30 Reviews

Sat May 23, 2009 2:48 am
RayneChild says...

Haha that's alright you guys ^^ Thanks for being so enthusiastic! :D Haha your guys' characters are very...unusual. But I guess that's what I get for saying you can make them as creepy as you want :lol: I laughed and almost cried XD Poor doggy... Lol they're good, just don't make them destroy the school or anything, okay? Haha.

No, it's not too late to join, just hurry if you want a dragon or a hybrid, because they're going fast

Mad_moo, it's really your choice, but I think it's not a bad idea to start on the day before, just give a little insight to home life before they head off to school ;)

Thanks so much guys! I'll give the go-ahead to start posting in a little while, okay? :)

~Rayne
---
Well, I think guns help. If you just stand there and yell BANG I don't think you're going to kill too many people...

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Sat May 23, 2009 3:41 am
chinchillagirl_34 says...

Name: Melanctha Vanes (friends call her Mel)

Age/Year: 16 sophomore

Creature: demon

Appearance/picture: human: sickly pale skin, with ice blue fire eyes, long black hair that tints blue in the sunlight.She is short and very skinny (she looks like she'll break easy). She has small fangs, little bat wings, a long pointed devil tail, and she has small wolf like ears (she is only 3/4 demon so she can't be fully human).

Demon: Her hair turns white, and she grows huge bat like wings, that are sharp and can cut through metal. Her ears grow longer, and a her tail gets sharper and even longer. She grows blades on her forearms. Her eyes turn blood red, and her fangs grow longer.

Personality: Despite her heritage she is nice, and caring. She has always been happy go lucky personality and, she tries to make the best of things. She loves to play the piano, skate board, swim, fly, tennis, and cooking. She seems like the type of person that can't fight, but she actually pretty strong for her size when human form, and her even stronger in her demon.

History/Background: She is a 'mistake among demons' her father was a full fledged demon and her mother was a half demon, because of that she feels a certain sense of difference. Her father didn't stay around for long, and her mother was killed when she was 9. She grew up on the streets learning how to fight, and get a better control over her demon form. Some time later she meet Bekah and now shares an a apartment with her.

------------------------------------------
Name: Veil Bange

Age/Year: 17 junior

Creature: wolf/condor hybrid

Appearance/picture: She has bleach blond hair that goes a little past her shoulder, with big baby blue eyes. She has black wolf ears, and a black bushy wolf tail, with big black condor wings, and she has small wolf fangs, and claws. She always wears pants with holes, and a tight t-shirt. She likes to fly, and play hide-n-go-seek, and she likes to jog.

Personality: she is funny, and hyper, normally she is running around every where, trying to find something to do. She doesn't like to be alone, and normally is a class clown.

History/Background: Her mother was killed by her evil uncle, who later killed her father. She lived with her grandparents for awhile, before moving to a small apartment (it's in the same building's as Bekah and Mel's)

"Why don't we let Peeta claim it, since he died today?"-Finnick (Catching Fire)

"We may be friends and all, but if were being chased by crazy flesh eating zombies. I won't lie. . .I'll trip you."~ Me after watching the hills have eyes.

30 Reviews

Sat May 23, 2009 4:14 am
RayneChild says...

Haha okay guys, we're ready ^^ Post to your hearts' desire ;) It's not too late to join, though, for anyone that wants to :)

Lanoray-

The first day of school. I couldn't believe it was tomorrow. The summer had been so fantastic, and now I was going back to school. The special 'society outcast' school. Great. It was better than being home schooled, so I couldn't complain. I had met Jasmin there, and Tyro as well, so it had its bonuses. It would be nice to check out all the scared new freshmen, as I had been last year. Being a sophomore would be nice. I knew that Tyro, my freshman mentor, had enjoyed himself in his last year as a lower classman, but he had said that he was more excited about being a junior. So was Jasmin. She never really told me if she had liked being a sophomore or not, but Tyro's advice had always been enough for me.

As the last day of summer came to a close, a feeling of immaturity hit me. It was a feeling that I hadn't gotten in years. I went into my room and jumped on my bed until tiredness became too much and I slept.

*you guys can make it daytime in your posts; I just wanted to end mine this way ^^*

Have fun guys ^^

~Rayne
---

When people are free to do as they please, they usually imitate each other.
— Eric Hoffer