z

Young Writers Society

Clash of the Races

114 Reviews

Reviews: 114
Mon Jan 21, 2008 7:57 pm
RoryLegend says...

Layne-

I was getting really impatient, why was everybody deciding to be late today? Jacob was the first to get here, riding up on Flame. I tried to conceal my blushing cheeks as he threw me a smile and climbed down from flame. I had know Jacob for a long time. He was one of the first people to accept me in the elf world since i wasn't exactly elf, and he wasn't 100% elf. He was the one that talked me out of pointed ears at age six when everyone teased me for being human. He told me just to be myself.
I pulled myself off of memory lane and became impatient, again. Where was everyone?
All you need is 20 seconds of insane courage, and I promise you something great will come of it.

-Benjamin Mee

164 Reviews

Reviews: 164
Tue Jan 22, 2008 2:13 am
AyumiGosu17 says...

((Tip: Ian won't be showing up with the rest of the group as much. He's undercover.))

Karana

I finally found everyone else. Off in the woods, waiting, talking.

"Greetings, friends," I waved mildly. "I'm afraid Ian won't be joining us today; he has something to take care of at the base."

Ian

Wonderful. I'd miss the meeting because of my stupid "commander."

I couldn't wait for the day they discovered who I really was and why I was even there. Not that they would be able to do much to me; I was one of the officers and more powerful soldiers; in this particular company, for sure.

"Captain Ianeil!" one of my fellows called. "The Major wants to see you!"

Great...just what I need. Another assignment.
"Neglect not the gift that is in thee, which was given thee by prophecy, with the laying on of the hands of the presbytery." Timothy 4:14 KJV

41 Reviews

Reviews: 41
Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:19 am
Layleun says...

Jacob

Jacob dismounted Flame and took her reins in his gloves. He led her up the rest of the hill to the forest line. Jacob grinned when he saw he old friend, Layne. He got to his group and smiled, "Good afternoon, everyone."

Greetings arose from everyone as they looked at me. "Have you seen Ian and Karana?" Xavier asked.

Jacob shook his head, "I was riding fast so if I passed them I wouldn't have noticed."

He nodded and turned back to the rest of them. Jacob tugged on Flames reins and led her over to where Layne was. He came behind her and put his head over her shoulder, "How've you been, Layne? I haven't seen you in a while. All the bullies stopped pushing you around?"

Layne's green eyes turned up to his dark ones, "I'm good. Warren's been moving around a bit and I've been following. And bullies are what mean littlies are called. Don't forget I'm not little anymore." Her face turned red and she turned away.

Jacob pulled back from above her shoulder and grinned, "I'm sorry. I'm still remembering the little girl who ran around changing her ears every ten seconds."

Layne glared up at Jacob but he only laughed. "Not funny."

That only made Jacob laugh more. She punched him in the arm to make him stop. He stopped but not because of the punch. Karana was waving from a yard or so away, "Greetings, friends.I'm afraid Ian won't be joining us today; he has something to take care of at the base."

114 Reviews

Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:13 am
RoryLegend says...

Layne-

It was easy to joke about my-to say the least- dyfunctional childhood with Jacob; mostly because he was the one who got me through it all. But, also because he made it seem like it had all been just a bad dream. When he put his head on my shoulder I wanted to reach up and stroke his hair, but I didn't. After we spotted Karana I began stroking Flame. She knickered softly. As I dropped my hand from her mane it accidentally brushed against Jacobs. My cheeks flushed and I took a step away from him muttering an apology.
All you need is 20 seconds of insane courage, and I promise you something great will come of it.

-Benjamin Mee

110 Reviews

Reviews: 110
Wed Jan 23, 2008 2:47 pm
TNCowgirl says...

**Ok, sense Maybe's people are wanderer's I thought maybe we could meet them on the way. Well meet one of them on the way, I'll pull one of them in now. If I am wrong bout it or anything, Maybe, just tell me, I'll change it lickity split. I left an opening for either character or neither. You pick.***

Velna-

Velna looked around. Everyone that was going to come was there. Velna rested on one of the tree limbs and looked down at the others.

"So what's the meeting about?" She called, Jacob looked up almost surprised. She smiled back, and then jumped up higher into the tree and took one more look around still waiting for her answer. She saw a figure headed their way, well more just walking around aimlessly. She jumped down quickly her feet hitting the ground soundlessly. "We have company."
"And you wonder why we don't like you!" -Trumpkin
Vist my world and make it bigger!
Want a Readers crit???

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Wed Jan 23, 2008 6:00 pm
Maybe says...

Remus-

I spotted a small group of huddled people a ways up the path. One caught sight of me and jumped down from the tree she had been perched in.

"Great," i muttered, not wanting to get involve with whatever it was they were doing. But i had no choice now. They had seen me, and if i veered off the path and went another way, it would look suspicious, i was sure. My only option would be to keep walking forward.

I approached the group warily and stopped when i was a few yards away still. I waited to see who would act first.
Be the cartoon heart. Light a fire, light a spark. Light a fire, flame in my heart. We'll run wild, we'll be glowing in the dark.

110 Reviews

Reviews: 110
Wed Jan 23, 2008 7:07 pm
TNCowgirl says...

Velna-

Velna looked at the guy as he walked into the camp slowly looking him over trying to see if he meant them any harm. His blue eyes were guarded, but something drew her gaze to them. She could tell by his stance he could take care of himself and knew it. Having grown up with two older brothers and a father had taught her alot about guys.

"I'm Velna, I don't believe I have ever seen you before." She smiled taking a step forward. And Daddy made sure I knew just about everyone he did. She thought to herself. She stuck her hand out to shake, she knew not many girls did that but that was another habit she had learned from her brothers. It was also polite. She was ready to pull up the earth under him if he tried anything funny though.
"And you wonder why we don't like you!" -Trumpkin
Vist my world and make it bigger!
Want a Readers crit???

41 Reviews

Reviews: 41
Wed Jan 23, 2008 8:10 pm
Layleun says...

**Thunder, do you have a plot for us or can I go on and have Xavier tell us what we're doin'?**

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Wed Jan 23, 2008 10:22 pm
Maybe says...

Remus-

I studied the girl's hand, then her face, searching for any hint of betrayal or mischief. She seemed honest enough.

Stepping forward, i brushed the tips of my fingers lightly against her palm before withdrawing my hand again.

"Remus," i said shortly.
Be the cartoon heart. Light a fire, light a spark. Light a fire, flame in my heart. We'll run wild, we'll be glowing in the dark.

164 Reviews

Reviews: 164
Thu Jan 24, 2008 1:18 am
AyumiGosu17 says...

Karana

I nodded towards this Remus. He seemed trustworthy enough, and a simple, easy slip into his mind told me he was just a cautious person. Not harmful in any way...as far as I knew. Of course, I wasn't the mind reader Ian was, so I could always miss something.

Speaking of Ian, he would be contacting me soon...hopefully.

Ian

I bit my tongue as I sat out on the ledge, letting the recent conversation play through my mind again.

This isn't good. This is not GOOD! Damn!

The Major had authorization to move against the humans within the week, and my cover was wearing thin. That much was obvious. Slipping into his mind during the meeting, I had found he suspected me. Which was another thin wire waiting to break.

What the hell was I supposed to do now?!

I had to talk to Karana. But how was I supposed to get to her when I had to take care of things here? I could always connect with her mind, and speak to her telepathically...but that took too long!

Damnations!

I'd do it anyway. I focused as I reached out and found Karana's mind in the distance, and began to speak to her.

Karana, I'll be here a while. Things are getting rough; the company will be moving out sometime soon, moving against the humans to the west. I'll do what I can to stall them - if not STOP them - but I'm risking a lot. The Major is growing suspicious of me; he suspects something, and I may lose my cover soon. But don't worry; I'll be fine.

I ended the message just in time; two of my subordinates were climbing over the rise, now, to join me on watch duty.

Now, just to plan my next move...
"Neglect not the gift that is in thee, which was given thee by prophecy, with the laying on of the hands of the presbytery." Timothy 4:14 KJV

114 Reviews

Thu Jan 24, 2008 6:24 am
RoryLegend says...

Layne-

This new fellow was interesting. He definatly made Jacob stand on his gaurd, which was a funny thing to see since Jacob was so often laid back and playful. I took a step in front of him to subtly hint to him to calm down, and to momentarily stall any rash movements he may make.
"Look Karana's made a new friend!" I said teasingly in a whisper to him.
"Well there's a first for everything Layne." he said in a cool tone, but more like himself again. Once you get Jacob joking he is hard to make upset.

-Benjamin Mee

Perfection is lots of little things done well.
— Marco Pierre White