z

Young Writers Society

The Changed

71 Reviews

Reviews: 71
Mon Jan 21, 2008 3:03 am
Pawprint says...

Name: Kira
Physical : She is petite, about 5 feet tall. She looks fragile, but she is very strong(inside). She has black hair and she is very pale. So if you think about it, she kind of looks like a doll. She is very misterious.
History: She remembers nothing of her past after she got the disease. After she had "woken up"she realized that her eyes changed with her moods
Powers: She has nothing special. Her eyes just change colors with her mood. Also, people around her feel the same way she does...I think I explained that well. i'm not sure.....Anyways, her neutural eye color is a smoky grey
Last edited by Pawprint on Mon Jan 21, 2008 3:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Visit my blog anytime!
weblog.php?w=871

110 Reviews

Reviews: 110
Mon Jan 21, 2008 3:14 am
TNCowgirl says...

Colt-

Colt smiled at her question. What could he do, well he could completely disappear. He wasn't going to say that though. He tried to think of a way to show her as they walked closer to the fire. He picked up a stick and held it out. She looked at him and raised an eyebrow. He made it turn invisible along with part of his hand.

"That is what I can do." He smiled, except I can go completly invisible. He smiled inwardly that is something he would keep to himself for now. He wanted to know the type of people he was around. There were mostly girls, not as many guys. He looked around and spotted a few, but not to many.
"And you wonder why we don't like you!" -Trumpkin
Vist my world and make it bigger!
Want a Readers crit???

25 Reviews

Reviews: 25
Mon Jan 21, 2008 4:10 am
Samantha Eliza says...

(Yay, new people! So, everyone has amnesia? You know what... never mind. Welcome to the RP and try have fun, I guess. Introduce yourselves - you can already be in the camp if you want, since it's kind of weird that all of these new people are showing up at the same time. Oh, and TNCowgirl, WE CAN'T ALWAYS CONTROL OUR POWERS.)

Faye shouldn't have been surprised because she knew that there was something strange about these people, but her mouth dropped open in horror. She didn't realize that his hand wasn't actually gone, just that it had dissapeared and she exclaimed, "Where the hell did your hand go?"

All the people sitting at the campfire turned around at that, and she tried not to let blush she felt creeping up her neck spread. She didn't know these people; she had no right to be embarrassed, and yet they were staring at her like it was something that had happened to them before, like they understood why she'd looked at the boy like that. She pressed her hands into her pockets, touching the cool metal of the army knife, and watched the air where his hand had been a second ago. And then she realized, by the way he was smiling, that his hand wasn't magically amputated. "Can y-you make things invisible?" She asked haltingly, not looking at his face.
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
-Dr. Seuss

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Mon Jan 21, 2008 4:15 am
sylverdawn says...

<Kemono>

Kee had been flying for about an hour over the ancient woods, she was approaching the edge of the forest. There was a city nearby and she could see several fires near campsites at the woods edge. Suddenly a bat went flying by her head, distracted she lost her concentration and her owl's wings vanished. Startled Kee tumbled twenty feet down into the treetops, and another fifteen feet down while crashing into branches. By the time she hit the ground she was covered in scratchs and bruises.

"Owww..." She mumbled softly as she rubbed her head, pulling the goggles she was wearing down to hang around her neck. Looking to her left she saw a campsite not far off. Cautiously she stood up and moved towards the camp. Hopefully no one had heard the noise she'd made when falling.
DANCE- Like no-one is watching
LOVE- Like you've never been hurt
SING- Like no-one is listening
LIVE- Like it's heaven on earth.

Please read and review my novel. The title is Fireborn. Here's the link.

novel.php?id=1157

41 Reviews

Reviews: 41
Mon Jan 21, 2008 4:15 pm
Layleun says...

Cassie

"Cass, heads up!"

A stick was thrown at Cassie from across the fire. She saw a marshmallow on the end. Cassie reached up to catch the stick. It made contact with her hand but broke once she closed her fingers around it. The top half of the stick with the hot marshmallow fell onto her lap.

Cassie looked down at the white glob on her jeans. The people around the fire laughed and started a stick fight, throwing little branches around at one another. Cassie laughed and decided against joining in, she might take someones head off be accident.

She heard Penny giggle beside her. Looking down Cassie saw Penny eating the marshmallow that was previously on her jeans. "Aw Penny." Cassie tossed the rest of the marshmallow stick into the fire. "That's disgusting. Do you know where these pants have been?"

Penny kept eating her marshmallow, "I'd rather not."

She looked up at Cassie, her dark blue eyes catching flames from the fire in them. She smiled and offered some of the marshmallow. Cassie took it and scanned beyond the fire. She found the unlucky person who threw the stick in the first place, a boy named Lucas. She threw the marshmallow at him and heard a satisfying splat.

"Hey!" He found Cassie looking at him and laughing. He wiped the gunk off of his face and laughed with her.

110 Reviews

Reviews: 110
Mon Jan 21, 2008 5:54 pm
TNCowgirl says...

**I know, and if you had waited you would've seen this....**

Colt-

Colt nodded, "Yup," He tried to make his hand visible again, but it wouldn't go back. Crap! this had happened before, several times. He almost ran his hand through his hair, but thought against it. That would just turn his head invisible and then he just might as well go completely invisible. He dropped the stick and it changed back to being visible. That never happened before. He thought, the things he changed could only change back when he did. He frowned, this couldn't be good. "I-I think I'm going to go talk to Wish." He smiled walking towards the old man's tent.

Careful not to use his invisible hand he opened the flap to the tepee and walked in.

"Ah, you finnally decided to get out of your tree." Wish laughed from across the room. "You want your hand back?"

"That would be nice." Colt said quietly.

"Just shake it three times, it'll go back." Wish laughed, "Your power is still young, full of glitches it is. You will get used to it." Colt did as he said and his hand came back.
"And you wonder why we don't like you!" -Trumpkin
Vist my world and make it bigger!
Want a Readers crit???

25 Reviews

Reviews: 25
Mon Jan 21, 2008 6:11 pm
Samantha Eliza says...

(Ah, OK, sorry. Forgive me for being so rude.)

As Colt walked away from her, Faye shook her head. It was hard to take all of this in, because never in her life had she known such things could exist. She remembered that before her father had died, she'd always wished that something exciting like this could happen to her, but now it was just kind of... freaky. She trudged over to the fire, figuring that while she was staying here, she might as well introduce herself. The kids were having a stick fight and a little girl was eating a melted marshmallow, the white stuff dripping out the sides of her mouth.

She sank down beside a girl who was joining into the fun, throwing a marshmallow at some boy across the fire. Faye stretched her legs out until her feet were close to touching the bricks heaped around to form the firepit and she could feel the heat even through her shoes. The girl was smiling, a bright, open smile, but there was something hidden beneath it. Despite herself, she asked the girl, "What's your name?"
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
-Dr. Seuss

164 Reviews

Reviews: 164
Tue Jan 22, 2008 2:24 am
AyumiGosu17 says...

*You know what? I'm outta here. Bye, guys!*
"Neglect not the gift that is in thee, which was given thee by prophecy, with the laying on of the hands of the presbytery." Timothy 4:14 KJV

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Tue Jan 22, 2008 2:45 am
sylverdawn says...

<Kee>

Wait. These people had powers like me? No way, I don't even know how I got these powers. Then again, that wasn't saying much I didn't even know my last name. These people had power like me. What was it like living in the open with others who have powers?

I tried to create wolf's ears so I could hear them, but I ended up with a tail instead. Sighing I truned to go deeper into the woods for a while. But my new tail slapped against a bush. I winced, frozen as I waited for someone to sound the alarm.

One of the kids, a boy, looked into the woods. "Hey! Who's there?"
DANCE- Like no-one is watching
LOVE- Like you've never been hurt
SING- Like no-one is listening
LIVE- Like it's heaven on earth.

Please read and review my novel. The title is Fireborn. Here's the link.

novel.php?id=1157

71 Reviews

Reviews: 71
Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:33 am
Pawprint says...

Kira-

Kira opened her eyes too see tree tops swaying in the wind. She scrunched up her eyebrows, thinking. All she remembered was running. Just running and never stopping. She looked around and found her self in the middle of the woods. She tried to remember how she ended up in the middle of the woods, but all she remembered was running and never stopping. She closed her eyes again, still trying to remember even though knowing it was useless. Then with a sigh, she fell asleep.
Visit my blog anytime!
weblog.php?w=871

93 Reviews

Reviews: 93
Fri Feb 01, 2008 5:32 am
~Volant~ says...

Tyler was sitting on a log, chewing a hot dog, when he saw a dog trotting up to him with bright eyes. It whinned piteiously, then sat at his feet, gazing up longingly at his food.

please, please! Tyler heard it beg. I'm a pathetic orphan! I'm cold and alone and hungry, and if you don't give me something soon, I'll wither away and die! Please!

But Tyler only laughed. "You almost had me there, mate," he whispered to the dog. "But not quite."

The dog yelped in surprise and backed away from him, watching him warily.

Sighing, Tyler tried to think of a way to regain the creature's trust. "Here," he said suddenly, beckoning him close. "See that girl over there? She'll give you something to eat, I'll garantee it. Go ahead, try it!"

The dog bared it's teeth uncertainly, but carefully shied away and rushed off to the girl he had indicated.

He watched, chuckling, as the thin, silver hound sat and whined, its pleas barely audible over teh distance. The girl gazed at him uncertainly, then with sympathy, then finally gave in and gave it some of her food. The poor thing gobbled it up hungrily, and the girl felt so bad for it that she handed him some more. Tyler laughed.

*All I can do to keep it alive....*
Where are we going?

I wondered why we put villains in our stories when we have plenty of them in real life; then I realized that maybe we wanted stories where the good guy wins.
— nogutsnoglory