Young Writers Society

Shapeshifters' League

36 Reviews

Reviews: 36
Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:15 am
motherflippinflapjacks says...

Name: Fera
Form 1 (Animal): Dolphin
Form 2 (Battle): Her skin goes rubbery and blue and her eyes go black, with increased sight. She is quick on her toes.
Description/picture: http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/pic/APG/F102362~Celebrate-Dolphins-Posters.jpg and http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m187/Sachiko_02/Anime/Anime_Girl_by_Otaku_01.jpg
Special abilities: Her sight abilities increase near water bases; decrease near desert or large land bases. She loses the power of normal speech, only being able to speech in screeches. She can breathe underwater. Is much stronger and faster in the water than she is on land.
Last edited by motherflippinflapjacks on Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I wonder if Ryan realizes that he's really twelve and a passenger on the Titanic." ~ A loving friend

114 Reviews

Reviews: 114
Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:19 am
RoryLegend says...

Name: BJ (Bethany-Jane)

Shapeshift thing: black wolf
Appearance (normal)

Appearance (shapeshift) the black one not the white one

battle: same as normal only with claws, sharp teeth, a tail, and her eyes turn milky silver

weapons: a few short daggers kept in a case around her ankle, usually hidden by clothing, a longsword kept across her back, a bottle of sphynx blood which is poisonus

special abilities: can multiply herself even when in human form, can read peoples minds if she gets close enough to them metally or physically

~x~ Hope you don't mind that I coded the pictures but the long links were stretching the thread - kitty15 ~x~
Last edited by RoryLegend on Mon Jan 21, 2008 1:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
All you need is 20 seconds of insane courage, and I promise you something great will come of it.

-Benjamin Mee

565 Reviews

Reviews: 565
Thu Jan 17, 2008 6:53 pm
Stori says...

Ok, y'all, I'll open the ring. You decide the match-ups, but run them by me of Shooting-Star.
"The one thing you can't trade for your heart's desire is your heart."
Miles Vorkosigan

"You can be an author if you learn to paint pictures with words."
Brian Jacques

110 Reviews

Reviews: 110
Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:29 am
TNCowgirl says...

**I added to her battle form**

Velna-

Velna flew down close to where the events would be. There was a huge arena in the middle of several buildings. Most were where the competitors would stay. She changed into her human form and slowly started descending the mountain that surrounded the event area. She smiled as a few people gave her skeptical looks. Her form didn't show at all, she looked like she would be someone to change into a cute, cuddly cat. Not someone that changed to a huge unmerciful dragon. She just smiled and walked to the registration booth. Several others stood in front of her. She crossed her arms and waited watching the others and trying to figure out what they were. A guy walked up and stood behind her his long black hair looking like it had been blown around and not changed. His jaw seemed set, but not an unfriendly set. He was a few inches taller then her and when she saw him move his head slightly to her she looked away and studied the others hoping her cheeks weren't red.
"And you wonder why we don't like you!" -Trumpkin
Vist my world and make it bigger!
Want a Readers crit???

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:38 am
Maybe says...

Skyler-

I shifted my weight impatiently from one foot to another, examining the rest of the contestants. I noticed there was one in front of me (how convenient, i thought) and studied her. I could not guess at her form...

She caught me studying her and turned away quickly. I saw her cheeks blossom a light red. I smiled.

"Hello," i offered.
Be the cartoon heart. Light a fire, light a spark. Light a fire, flame in my heart. We'll run wild, we'll be glowing in the dark.

110 Reviews

Reviews: 110
Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:44 am
TNCowgirl says...

Velna-

Velna glanced at the guy, "Hi," She replied softly. She kicked herself on the inside, why was she always was so shy, she was a dragon for goodness sakes. "Are you ready for the competition?" She asked kicking herself for asking such a stupid question. Of course he was ready that was what they were there for.
"And you wonder why we don't like you!" -Trumpkin
Vist my world and make it bigger!
Want a Readers crit???

79 Reviews

Reviews: 79
Fri Jan 18, 2008 2:05 am
Dr. Jamie Bondage says...

Alex:

Timidly I waited. I was used to the people at my viliage, but all these strangers scared me stiff. I was a loner and not used to being around such large crowds. I hoped I just blended in. My stomach was twisted into knots. I was unsure how I would be matched against all these fine opponents. I knew I was probably not the best here, but I hoped that I didn't lose before I even started. I took a deep breath, focusing all my emotions out, and became natural, unfeeling, the only way that I could actually be at this point. I noticed two people talking in front of me. I shifted nervously, chewing on my lip.
"This kind of love is not a product of reasonings and statics--it just comes-none knows whence-and can't explain itself. And doesn't need to." Mark Twain

164 Reviews

Reviews: 164
Fri Jan 18, 2008 3:28 am
AyumiGosu17 says...

Audra

I waited patiently, sprawled comfortably on the roof of a building as I waited for the line to die down. It was always more trouble waiting in line, rather than for it.

I sighed as many different scents reached my nose...a dragon was among us. Great. But where?

Whatever. Let's just get this thing started soon.
"Neglect not the gift that is in thee, which was given thee by prophecy, with the laying on of the hands of the presbytery." Timothy 4:14 KJV

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Fri Jan 18, 2008 8:38 pm
Rydia says...

Daniel surveyed the other contestants steadily, noting those closest to him first and then the red head on the roof and finally those on the very edges. His sharp eyesight could easily capture the youth who was standing at the very end of the queue.

Daniel made eye contact with a few, nodding to them briefly before looking away again, remaining aloft. He had no desire to start relationships with his rivals. In fact, he had very few friends and had made the journey across the Atlantic alone.

"He's a bird, I saw him flying in," Daniel tilted his head to the right as he listened to the conversation.

"Only a bird? Are you sure?"

"Certain. I think it might have been an eagle or something. Should be easy to crush." At that point, Daniel stopped listening, deciding that they were foolish enough to not merit any of his time.

"Look, they're opening the gates to the arena!"

"Cor, I hope I get to fight someone real tough." Daniel silently followed the long procession as it surged forward.
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

565 Reviews

Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:58 pm
Stori says...

Wait a sec while I register.

Name: Anye
Form: animal- black panther
battle- he grows claws and fangs, and has enhanced vision and smell.

Description: long blond hair, green eyes and a clef chin. He has a way of blending in with a crowd.

Special abilities: Besides sight and smell, a sixth sense that lets him detect other shape-shifters on sight.
Miles Vorkosigan

Brian Jacques

220 Reviews

Reviews: 220
Fri Jan 18, 2008 10:20 pm
Sleeping Valor says...

OOc: Hey Kyte, you didn't answer my questions about how the actual fighting works (second post). =P

IC: Yuna heard the gates open, but didn't feel anxious she was missing anything. Not everyone would be fighting at once, so those who wouldn't be in the arena right away had been assigned rooms. It was an easy way to get free food and a place to stay...so long as you fought and won. If you chickened out, you had to pay a hefty price for the hospitality.

Yuna shifted to the right, narrowly avoiding being pushed by someone over-eager to get into the arena. She sighed and opened her eyes, blinking until her eyes adjusted to the light. How long had she had them closed, three days? Four? Ever since she stopped needing her eyes to navigate she'd taken to closing them, tired of seeing the same thing over and over.

The line was moving much more quickly now, it seemed. She closed her eyes again and settled down to wait, becoming statue still as she waited for her chance to register after the line was gone.
I'm like that song stuck in your head; I come and I go, but never truly dissapear.

And apparently I also write a blog.

103 Reviews

Reviews: 103
Sat Jan 19, 2008 12:15 am
Dynamo says...

(I don't have much time to post now, so I'll do it later.)
Chicken <-- Egg <-- Rocket Powered Fist
Take that, science!

114 Reviews

Reviews: 114
Sat Jan 19, 2008 5:34 am
RoryLegend says...

BJ-

"Bethany-Jane are you listening to me?" my father roared as I wrapped my hands with athletic tape. I had one earphone in my left ear and wasn't really in the mood for another lecture on discipline, family honor, and yada yada yada. Sometimes it really bugs me that I come from a very long noble bloodline of warrior shifters. No, that is all lie it pretty much bugs me all the time. My dad, being a sort of alumni of the competition, would be judging in the competition. And he expected me to win.
"Im gunna go get some practice in before it all starts." I stood and headed towards to door of my room for the competition.
"Well I suppose I should be with the other judges." we both went our separate ways at the foot of the stairs. It annoyed me how many people were here. I had been here for a good two weeks before anyone else and now you could barely walk around. I was nearly to the training room when I bumped into a boy with long blonde hair.
"Sorry," ok mumbled, "Didnt see you there."
"Yeah I get that a lot. I tend to blend in." he smiled coyly.
All you need is 20 seconds of insane courage, and I promise you something great will come of it.

-Benjamin Mee

126 Reviews

Reviews: 126
Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:55 am
Blue Fairy says...

Oh I didn't know you had already started it.

Name: Driydon
Form: black cat

Description: A Green fairy with poisinous claws and teeth. Small but deadly. Gains speech as a fairy. Observes the world as a simple black cat to learn more about the world.

Weapons: A staff that controls and stores lightning energy and a dagger

Special abilities: Night vision and perfect sense of direction.

565 Reviews

Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:34 pm
Stori says...

"Nice weather we're having," I muttered.

"Yeah, isn't it?" She smiled. "See you at the match, I guess."

"Ok," I said. I was getting a very strange feeling about her...
Miles Vorkosigan

Brian Jacques

Is that a carrot?
— WeepingWisteria