z

Young Writers Society

High School Dayz

41 Reviews

Reviews: 41
Tue Dec 18, 2007 9:25 pm
Layleun says...

Lectrus sat outside with her laptop on her crossed legs. The keys typed on her own as she fell into a deep concentration. She was looking through the new students and trying to type up their new schedules for their new school. Nothing new to her, of course. A week before school started and so much to do. Cram time.

Lectrus's eyes turned light blue to match her hair. They always did this when she was controlling. Her eyes scanned the computer and she opened a new spreadsheet. She placed the names of several new transfers onto the blank spaces and saved it. She sent the information to the printer inside so the teachers could send them out to the students. Her pupils turned back to the palest silver, barely matching the rest of her eye. She closed her laptop and looked around. Several of the native students were arriving on campus to unpack their stuff and set up their dorms ((Is it ok that it's a private school so the kids can live here?))Lectrus watched them kiss their parents good bye as they drove off.

She remembered her parents back home and conjured up a mental picture of them. Her dad, black hair and emerald eyes, smiled with his hand held up in a peace sign. Her mom, light blue hair with white eyes, stood next to her father with his arm around her waist. Lectrus sighed and wiped the image away.

Lectrus cradled the laptop under her arm and pushed her long blue hair behind her ear. She took off towards the school, trotting so she could get there faster.

142 Reviews

Reviews: 142
Wed Dec 19, 2007 8:26 pm
Bella says...

I knocked on the door, waiting for Light to come. I knew he was home...it was jsut a matter of when he actually opened the door.

After five minutes, I rolled my eyes and walked in.

"Light?!" I called, looking around. I walked into the kitchen just as he turned the corner, and I ran into him. I looked up, into his light brown eyes (yes, I noticed the exact color...). "There you are!"
i carry your heart(i carry it in my heart) <3

Please review my performance poem?

185 Reviews

Reviews: 185
Thu Dec 20, 2007 1:17 am
piepiemann22 says...

Light chuckled slightly as he help Bella up and brought a tray with two cups on it. "I made us some tea." She took the cup thoughtfully and made there way into the living room. "Where shall we start?"

Bella whipped out a wand, "Battle magic."

"Very well then." Light whipped out a small book from under the sleeve of his shirt.

"A book? What about a wand?"

"Don't need one."

Bella smiled as she swung her wand sending a ball of fire hurdling towards Light. He smile, raised his hand, and flipped open his book, "Ashra, Inu Han! Wind style, slicing current!" A gust of powerful air blew the fire ball out and sent Bella backward, "Don't ever underestimate the opponent. I know you can do better."
I will always fight back, no matter what.

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Thu Dec 20, 2007 1:24 am
Kitty says...

Nina ran in the fields with a large cyclops following directly behind her. "This way Hige!" She called as she ran to a weak point in the walls that held the outside world beyond them.

"Bust through here." She said as she skidded to a hault and pointed at the wall. Hige rammed the wall and it came crashing down. Nina transformed into a cheetah and began running through the huge. To her left she saw police running towards her with tasers and tranquilizers. They shot the tranquilizer darts at her but she dodged them quickly and easily. Next comes the FBI She thought to herself as she ran faster. Helicopters loomed above and hundred of men in black, bullet proof, body armor fell from them, extending huge, white parachutes. They held actual guns and where shooting at the ground around Nina. She ran past them without breaking a sweat. Next is the headmaster. She thought with a frown. Ever since Nina had been coming to this school she had been trying to escape. She had never been able to get past the headmaster who was a minipulater of magic. And the strongest one at that.

Nina slowed down as she came upon the headmaster. His icy blue eyes burt into her skin. He took a step back as Nina transformed into a white lion.

"Let me pass." She growled

"Now why should I let a student like you escape from this school?" He asked with a smirk. Nina's growl got deeper and she lunged at the headmaster. She could already tell her timing was off. The headmaster pulled out a long oak wand and shot blue light out of it at Nina.

When Nina awoke she found herself laying on the grounds of the school. The wall that Hige had broke through was fully repaired. She tried to get up but failed. Every part of her body ached. She looked at her arms. They were bruised badly.

After a while Nina got up. She winced as she did so. I am gonna skip class today. She thought to herself as she hobbled back to the dorms.
A room without books is as a body without a soul.
---Cicero

Merry Christmas Yall!!

110 Reviews

Reviews: 110
Thu Dec 20, 2007 4:14 am
TNCowgirl says...

*Someone bring me in, oh and I have to fix my girl's profile, she is trustworthy, she just doesn't trust others very much*
"And you wonder why we don't like you!" -Trumpkin
Vist my world and make it bigger!
Want a Readers crit???

203 Reviews

Reviews: 203
Thu Dec 20, 2007 5:20 am
October Girl says...

Luna knew she was at school but couldn't help herself, she pulled out a cigarette and lit it as she entered the girl's bathroom. She went to the sink and put both her hands around the rim as if to hold herself up. She put her shaking fingers to her temples someone somewhere had a headache and now Luna was feeling it too. 'They could just take an Advil.' she thought. 'Then maybe both of us wouldn't have serious hammer in our head.' She didn't even put the smoke to her mouth she felt sick and put the smoke down the drain and turned on the sink. Luna was beyond cold she was frozen. Her power as a witch wasn't good, if she got to mad she could blow anything up and the ultimate worst she could feel other people's pain emotionally and physical. All of a sudden Luna fell to the ground finding bruises everywhere she tried to get up but failed. She choked on her scream and wondered what was happening to the person, because it was happening to her.
We're meant to be one
I know we are...
If I am the Sky
Then you are my star... ™

142 Reviews

Reviews: 142
Sat Dec 22, 2007 4:01 am
Bella says...

"I can yes, the only question now is, will I?" I smirked, not speaking as I sent another ball of fire at him.

"How did you do that?" he asked, jumping otu of the way.

"I memorized the spell book," I answered, jumping otu of the way of another spell he had just recited. "It makes spells ten times easier, and then you can say them in your head."

"Come on!" he was pushing me, trying to get me angry. "You're not even trying!" I rolled my eyes, pointing my wand straight up.

In seconds, a bolt of lightning shot through the ceiling, hitting Light none to gently.
i carry your heart(i carry it in my heart) <3

Please review my performance poem?

79 Reviews

Reviews: 79
Sat Dec 22, 2007 4:15 am
Dr. Jamie Bondage says...

Name: Amira (Am-mir-a) Correl (Cor-el)

Species: Mind reader/sorceror

Grade: 10th

Eyes: Hazel

Hair: Brown and shoulder length, normally up, so most people don't see it.

History: Only child, and the pride and joy of her parents. They were sad when she went to highschool, but happy that she was developing independence.

Personality: Shy, bashful. Has never had a guy that was interested with her, and lives in her own dream world most of the time. Respectful, and a teachers pet, she tries to make straight A's.
"This kind of love is not a product of reasonings and statics--it just comes-none knows whence-and can't explain itself. And doesn't need to." Mark Twain

79 Reviews

Sat Dec 22, 2007 4:27 am

Huddled in the corner of the library, I sat with the latest wizard book on my lap. Speed reading it, flipping page after page, filing away each new one. I was so absorbed in the book, I didn't hear the footsteps approach.

The head librarian cleared her throat. "Aren't you suppose to be stacking the books?"

I jumped. "Yes, Ma'am. Sorry! It was just so fastenating I couldn't help myself." She blushed. "It won't happen again." I quickly jumped up and scrambled to get the book back to where it belonged.

She laughed. I listened to the thoughts flying through her mind, pleased that they were not ones of disappointment or that she was mad. She was amused.

"I'm sorry." I apologized again. I really didn't want to lose this job! The books were my only friends at this school...had been for the past year.

"It's alright, just try to read those after school."
"This kind of love is not a product of reasonings and statics--it just comes-none knows whence-and can't explain itself. And doesn't need to." Mark Twain

185 Reviews

Reviews: 185
Sat Dec 22, 2007 2:30 pm
piepiemann22 says...

Light was panting as he looked up at Bella, "Good, very good. The book of spells, to have memorized it is quit impressive." He flipped the book open again and Bella readied herself. "A regular spell can only go so far though."

"W-what?"

"Daroon sen, Dark binding!" Black rings formed around Bella's arms forcing them behind her. Her legs were forced together sending her to the ground. "Now what will you do? Dark magic can't be broken with a simple spell."

"Unfair, this was simply battle magic." Light released the spell and helped Bella to her feet, "You really are good. This is why I want you to teach me everything you know."
I will always fight back, no matter what.

52 Reviews

Reviews: 52
Sat Dec 22, 2007 3:18 pm
Lucky_Duck says...

Angela hopped out of the car, grabbed her suitcase, and kissed her mom goodbye.
"Be good, honey. I'll miss you," her mother told her as Angela started to walk away. Angela grimaced.' A boarding school, how much worse could this get?' She looked around. Large groups of new students were crowding together, rushing to get to class. Angela started to walk around aimlessly, looking for someone to start the day with. Someone to take away that first day pain. A friend.
A girl appeared, limping across campus. Angela skipped over to her, a big smile playing on her face. 'Might as well play nice, for now,' she thought, heaving a long sigh.
"Hello, I'm Angela" she said, "Would you like some help?" The girl looked up at her, slightly smiling.

41 Reviews

Reviews: 41
Sat Dec 22, 2007 8:06 pm
Layleun says...

Lectrus entered the school. it was filling with students and she wanted to get to her room so she could put her laptop away. She quickly ran up the staircase which led to the dorms. She passed a few open ones and finally came to her own.

The wooden door had circles, lines and triangles etched into it. Lectrus placed her hand on the largest circle int he middle of the door. The circle glowed a sky blue. The light flowed through the cracks so the door was veined with blue. It cracked and slid aside, disappearing into the wall. She walked into the plain room and set the laptop on her dresser. She strode over to her bed and flopped down on it. She soon fell asleep. Her last thought was, Shoot, forgot to close the door.

203 Reviews

Reviews: 203
Sat Dec 22, 2007 8:15 pm
October Girl says...

Luna:

Luna got up after a while. The headache was gone but the bruises stayed on her arms and legs. Luna looked at her fingers which is where she usually held her cigarette, and there was a black burn. She ran her hand under cold water. Luna flexed her fingers and took a breath. 'This so isn't worth it.' She thought.
We're meant to be one
I know we are...
If I am the Sky
Then you are my star... ™

114 Reviews

Reviews: 114
Sat Dec 22, 2007 9:03 pm
RoryLegend says...

Name: Cillico (Cally) Reed

Species: not exactly sure, she will absorb other's powers when she is around them or emmotionally connected to them, doesn't hav emuch control over this yet, it causes her pain

Appearance: slender build, gold eyes that turn red when she is upset or in pain, dark brown hair that falls curly to her shoulders, a scar across her collar bone, tan complextion

history: orphaned at 3 and lived with her uncle until she was 16 when she had to start running from the police to avoid being sent to Free Ak Boarding School

personality: reserved, afraid of getting hurt, likes to laugh
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How could this be happening to me. I was sitting outside the headmater's office of Free Ak boarding school handcuffed. With evey kid that walked by a surge of whatever powers they had hit me like a lightning bolt. I had been running for two years trying to avoid this place, but it was useless. Everyone else looked relativly happy but i know i wont be able to even feel slightly happy while im here in this hell hole. At least they only had to deal with their own powers; i was dealing with eveyone else's. I started taking deep breaths trying to take my mind off the pain. Quinn, the lead investigator in charge of my capture, came out of the headmaster's office. He could tell i was in pain, my face had gone white.
"Cally?" i looked up at him brows knitted together.
"What?" i said through clenched teeth.
He knelt down beside me, "I truly am sorry he whispered," he was handsome, not very old eithre, early twenties maybe, but his dad worked for the FBI and got him a good job nice and early, "If i could have things my way-"
"But you can't so don't." a girl and a boy walked by and thier powers were so strong when i absorbed them i was hit with such a wave of pain i doubled over in the chair. The pain didn't let up and i fell to floor curled up in a little ball feeling pathetic.
"Headmaster you're absolutly sure you can't find a room for her today?"
The headmaster stood over us, his powers were strong, stronger than the girl and boy who had walked by earlier combined, he was why i was still in such pain, "No it will be at least a week before we can have all of her accomodations set up. until then she will have to stay somewhere else."
"Where do you propose we put her."
"Investigator Quiin isn't your home located close to the school?"
All you need is 20 seconds of insane courage, and I promise you something great will come of it.

-Benjamin Mee

79 Reviews

Sat Dec 22, 2007 11:16 pm

I hated being around a lot of students. And all the freshman coming in didn't help much. I frowned. I could leave, but then I'd have to cross the path of all those students!

I quickly made a decision, something I was good at, thinking on my feet, and turned toward the Librian.

"I think I'm going to head out early."

She smiled. "Alright. Take whatever books you like. Just have them back soon."

I thanked her and grabbed a handful of books, and my backpack, practically running out of the library. I was in such a rush, I didn't pay much attention to where I was going and ran into the principle. I gasped as my books went everywhere.

"I'm so sorry, sir!" I said mortified.

He spun around, fire in his eyes, then he softened. "It's alright, Amira, just be more careful next time."

I nooded, grabbing up my books, appologized again, then rushed off toward my dorm. I dumped my stuff off in my dorm, glad I had no room mate yet, then quickly changed into my hunting clothes, grabbing my bow and arrows. I said and spell and become invisible, going to the archery room, where my favorite teacher always allowed me to practice whenever I desired. For some odd reason, shooting targets always helped me forget my stress.

I entered his room, turned off the spell, and took aim.

If a story is in you, it has to come out.
— William Faulkner