Young Writers Society

The Animal Planet

164 Reviews

Reviews: 164
Sat Dec 15, 2007 10:54 pm
AyumiGosu17 says...

*I guess I'll start.*

Cloud

I stood by the edge of the cliff. Below me, grasslands extended in every direction, a forest on every side. It was a nice place: wide, spacious, open, beautiful...

"Hey, Cloud," a little mongoose asked me from her place on my back, "do you think anyone lives here?"

"I don't know. We'll have to see, won't we?"

I turned and began to trot again, taking a weaving trail along the cliff face.
"Neglect not the gift that is in thee, which was given thee by prophecy, with the laying on of the hands of the presbytery." Timothy 4:14 KJV

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Sat Dec 15, 2007 11:56 pm
Maybe says...

Sai-

I watched from my hiding place among the grass as a dark mustang descended the cliff face of my left. A slight rustle of the bush beside me and two dark orange eyes appeared.

"Hi Mayzi," I said in greeting, twitching my whiskers.

"Sai, what are you doing here?" she hissed, her eyes darting around nervously.

"Aw, relax Mayzi," i said, rolling my eyes. "I'm just watching the sights. Look, there's a newcomer over there, on the cliff."

Her eyes flickered to where i indicated. Her ear twitched.

"Come on, lets go introduce ourselves!" I said excitedly, a mischievous glint in my eyes.

"Sai, wait!" she called, but i was already plodding off in the direction of the cliff. She had no choice but to slink after me.
Be the cartoon heart. Light a fire, light a spark. Light a fire, flame in my heart. We'll run wild, we'll be glowing in the dark.

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Sun Dec 16, 2007 3:22 am
Kitty says...

Name: Maple

Species: Gray Wolf

Description of Species: http://animals.nationalgeographic.com/a ... ml?nav=A-Z

Habitat: Anywhere would be fine

Appearance: http://s16.photobucket.com/albums/b5/ki ... C_1219.jpg

Personality: Maple is a little shy and skidish,but she can be very protective and aggressive also. She doesn't open up to others that easily and makes them prove their trust before she accepts them.

History: Maple was left to fend for herself at the age of four months. It might have been impossible if it weren't for another much older wolf ,who was named Lily, gave her food and shelter. When she was eight months old the old wolf that taught her everything she knew was sadly killed by her mate. He chased Maple away from his den and Maple had to find a new home, even since then she is still looking.
Last edited by Kitty on Mon Dec 17, 2007 4:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
A room without books is as a body without a soul.
---Cicero

Merry Christmas Yall!!

12 Reviews

Sun Dec 16, 2007 4:20 am
View Likes
Kitty says...

Maple
Gray Wolf

"I'm so hungry." I whispered quietly to myself trying not to alert my prey. I was standing in a bush directly behind a young rabbit. All of a sudden the wind shifted. The rabbit shot it's head up, sniffed the air, and took off. Without thinking I jumped out of the bush and started chasing it.

"Come back here!" I howled as I got closer to it.

"Mommy!!" The young rabbit called out in a high pitched voice and disappeared under the ground. I, being the pup I was, stuck my nose in the hole that it has disappeared into. Suddenly something sharp pierced my soft nose. I yelped and staggered backwards away from the hole. An old rabbit protruded from the hole and glared at me with little black eyes.

"Serves you right!" She said as she twitched her whiskers. A low growl started up in my throat. The rabbit still glared at me. I lunged forward and snapped at her, but before I could even harm a hair on her she was already in her safe, warm hole. 'Must be nice to have a actual home.' I thought as I walked away with a throbbing nose and a hollow belly.

After a while I neared a big brown cliff, also my temporary home. I layed down at the edge and stared down at the grasslands below me. As I scanned the grass I saw something weird. A mongoose laying on a mustangs back. I also saw a black-footed ferret running towards them, followed closly by a red fow. I licked my chops at the thought of having a feast of mustang, fox, mongoose, and ferret. My mouth began waterng. I couldn't stand it any more. I jumped off the cliff edge and ran towards all of them at full speed.

(By the way Maple is only a one year old so there is no way in the world she could take all of them down...much less it all that meat...) *Licks own chops* :wink:
---Cicero

Merry Christmas Yall!!

164 Reviews

Sun Dec 16, 2007 2:34 pm
AyumiGosu17 says...

Cloud

I reached the open grassland when I finally caught scent of it. A wolf. And it was bounding hastily in our direction, drooling and snarling.

Only two wolves are foolish enough for this, I reminded myself as I prepared for the attack. A young wolf, or a rabid wolf.

This one didn't look rabid, just hungry.

I reared, neighing loudly when she reached us, leaping. Just let her fall in range of my hooves; I'd show her real power!
"Neglect not the gift that is in thee, which was given thee by prophecy, with the laying on of the hands of the presbytery." Timothy 4:14 KJV

12 Reviews

Sun Dec 16, 2007 3:55 pm
Kitty says...

'Darn I missed!' Maple thought. She looked up and saw the mustang towering over her. She knew what was about to happen. All of a sudden the mustang reered up and brought it's hooves down at an amazing speed, but right before it crushed her, Maple rolled out from under the mustang's killer hooves, just barely making it out.
---Cicero

Merry Christmas Yall!!

116 Reviews

Sun Dec 16, 2007 4:02 pm
Maybe says...

Sai-

I bounded quickly towards the mustang, Mayzi following behind. Suddenly i caught sight of something to my right and turned to look. A young wolf was running at full speed towards the mustang, a long trail of drool following it.

"Mayzi, C'mon!"

The mustang reared, neighing shrilly. I turned away from it, running towards the wolf.

"Sai, what are you doing!?" Mayzi shouted after me.

"Mayzi, help me with this!"

"Sai, you're going to get us both killed!"

I had no reply. I continued running towards the wolf. When i got close enough, i used all my forward momentum and launched myself at the wolf, aiming my jump perfectly. I hit it right above the shoulder, causing it to lose it's stride and balance and trip. I snarled and wound myself around it's neck, tightening my grip slowly.
Be the cartoon heart. Light a fire, light a spark. Light a fire, flame in my heart. We'll run wild, we'll be glowing in the dark.

12 Reviews

Sun Dec 16, 2007 6:58 pm
Kitty says...

As Maple staggered to her paws something hit her right above the shoulder making her fall. Something wound around her neck and was tightening slowly but surely.'Farret.' She thought. Maple couldn't breathe. She hit the ground and began rolling back and forth trying to get the little vermin off her neck half whimpering half growling. Until finally she lay still and whimpered weakly, "Please....let...go...I am sorry...I won't do it again."
---Cicero

Merry Christmas Yall!!

110 Reviews

Reviews: 110
Sun Dec 16, 2007 10:44 pm
TNCowgirl says...

Velna jumped off CLoud's back hissing. If that ferret hadn't showed up she would've killed the wolf or died trying.

"What do you think you were doing?" She demanded, the wolf looked as if ready to laugh at her. It wasn't surprising, she was small, but boy could she be meaner then a bear if she wanted. "You bet you wont try it again. You do I"ll kill you!"
"And you wonder why we don't like you!" -Trumpkin
Vist my world and make it bigger!
Want a Readers crit???

116 Reviews

Sun Dec 16, 2007 11:13 pm
Maybe says...

Sai-

I unwound myself from around the wolf's neck and went to stand dutifully next to Mayzi. I watched the young cub warily and kept my muscles tense.

"You bet you wont try it again. You do I"ll kill you!" the mongoose said from its place next to the mustang.

"Yes, and I'm stronger than i look," i said, barring my teeth. Mayzi next to me snarled.

12 Reviews

Mon Dec 17, 2007 12:26 am
Kitty says...

Maple dipped her head in respect and defeat. She turned and started towards her temporary home. "I'm so hungry! I haven't eaten in days." She mummbled half to herself.

"Oh. That reminds me, " Maple called out and turned to face the four animals again, "I'm Maple and I'm sorry for bothering you." She faced towards the cliff and began walking again.

Maple struggled up the rocky slope. Each step caused her more horrid pain. Her stomach was hollow, her neck sore, and her feet cut from the sharp rocks.

At last she made it to the top. Her legs shook and she dropped to the ground heavily. Maple had made ten...no...eleven attemps to catch prey and she was worn out. The sun was still high in the sky as she closed her heavy eyelids.
---Cicero

Merry Christmas Yall!!

164 Reviews

Mon Dec 17, 2007 2:25 am
AyumiGosu17 says...

Cloud

I watched Maple climb the cliff-face trail, only to collapse at the peak.

Poor creature must be lost or something. She acts like she hasn't eaten for days.

I turned to my new friends. "Thank you for the help."

"Don't mention it!" the ferret chirped, standing proudly.

I couldn't help but smile slightly. Interesting. "That wolf acted out of hunger. Do you think we should help her?"

I thought it was a good idea; make her feel welcome.

110 Reviews

Mon Dec 17, 2007 1:50 pm
TNCowgirl says...

"After she tried to Kill us!!" Velna hissed, "Are you kidding, Cloud, you really have to soft a heart. Course you know I'll stick with you, but still she tried to kill us, yes out of hunger..."

*All I got*
Want a Readers crit???

41 Reviews

Reviews: 41
Mon Dec 17, 2007 3:40 pm
Layleun says...

((Karta--Wolverine))

Karta grumbled to herself as she stared at the new group forming. Stupid grass eaters, no respect for meat eaters. Karta hauled herself up off the ground and started to search for something for the wolf to eat. The forest she was in had plenty of prey since it was starting to thaw and the snow was providing plenty of water. The plains beside the forest was the boundary between the winter and the summer.

Spotting a young caribou Karta slunk down low. She heard the stupid animal talking to itself. "Maybe the wolf up there wants to eat me! Wait, maybe it doesn't...oh should I say hi? Maybe it'll eat me..." Karta leaped at the caribou and silenced it quickly with a blow to the neck. She whipped her head to the side so it's neck snapped and worked on dragging the animal up to the wolf.

Karta had almost reached the top of the peak, the carcass dragging along beside her. The wolf pricked her ears but only groaned. Karta stopped and let go of the caribou's scruff, "You dolt! Stop moving, food is coming."

The wolf tensed up and tried to raise her head. "What did I say? Am I talking to a rock here?" Karta wondered aloud. She took a hold of the caribou again and dragged it a few more feet to the wolf's snout. She dropped it there but the wolf didn't move.

"Now you may eat." Karta said. The wolf tried to bite at the carcass but she couldn't tear the fur off. Karta sighed and unsheathed her claw. She cut open the animal so the wolf could eat. Karta sat and watched the wolf slowly but surely regain some energy.

"You got a name?" Karta asked.

The wolf looked at her but quickly looked away, "Maple."

"You need to learn to fight, my sister. You'll do a lot better in the world if you do."

110 Reviews

Mon Dec 17, 2007 5:11 pm
TNCowgirl says...

*Mongoose are anything BUT grass eaters.*
Want a Readers crit???

It's Monday and you folks are beginning to wonder about the show, aren't you
— David Letterman