z

Young Writers Society

Starlit (Fantasy)

602 Reviews

Reviews: 602
Sat Nov 24, 2007 7:12 pm
Wolf says...

-I'm so sorry but I can't be on the computer until tomorrow! If you want you can bring in Ayra until I return!-
everything i loved
became everything i lost.

Would you like a review?
http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/topic73903.html

185 Reviews

Reviews: 185
Sat Nov 24, 2007 7:33 pm
piepiemann22 says...

Hyral took a seat under a tree and took a sip of water. The last leg of his journey was threw this marsh valley and it would be dark soon. He decided he should find a place to rest for the night. Sighing he looked up at the sky. The clouds thickened, a sign of rain.

Just as he was about to leave he heard an explosion deeper in the wood. He made his way towards the sound as quickly as he could. When he reached the site there was a young woman laying on the ground, a wolf over her body.

When he motioned to approach the wolf growled and barred his teeth. Hyral got down on both knees and bowed to the wolf. It slowly did the same so Hyral was allowed to get close.

He knelt down beside. He lifted her head up, "Don't worry," he said to the wolf, "She's only exhausted." The wolf looked pleased.

Hyral looked around and found a small cave. He lifted the girl up onto his back gently and made his way to the cave, wolf behind. Once there he set her down and began to make a fire.

(TN, she could wake up if you want :) )
I will always fight back, no matter what.

110 Reviews

Reviews: 110
Sat Nov 24, 2007 7:50 pm
TNCowgirl says...

Sina woke up to the sound of thunder. She slowly pushed herself up and looked around. Wolf was laying beside a fire and there was a man sitting on the other side of it warming his hands. She looked around the cave as her eyes adjusted to the darkness beyond the fire. It was pouring outside and the thunder and lightining didn't seem to want to stop.

"W....who are you?" SHe asked the man as she slowly stood up and moved to the fire where she could warm up better. Wolf jumped up at her voice and ran over to her knocking her to the ground and licking her face. She pushed him off and sat up again resting her head against Wolf's soft coat. The warmth of the fire made her shiver as her body adjusted to the warmth. SHe looked across the fire at the man waiting for his reply.

*I am perfectly fine with y'all talking her, she doesn't cuss, and she is shy. :D *
"And you wonder why we don't like you!" -Trumpkin
Vist my world and make it bigger!
Want a Readers crit???

602 Reviews

Sat Nov 24, 2007 8:11 pm
Wolf says...

-I'm back for like, 5 minutes. I'll just make Ayra as unobtrusive as possible. :P-

<<Ayra>>
Rain hissed through the dark forest like drops of liquid diamond, breaking and reflecting the eerie glow from the lightning that flashed in the sky above.
Ayra crouched, still as stone, under the shadow of an ancient Sycamore. Rain dampened her clothes but even wet, it was easy to see that they were travel-worn. Her simple, sleeveless black tunic was torn and mud-spattered with use and her ebony wings were splayed limply across her back.
She growled in frustration, grinding her too-sharp teeth. I'm sick of all this running and hiding!
Hiding.
The word made her blood boil. She was not one to flee from her troubles, but the Njorden armies were huge--although she exceeded them by far in magical strength, she knew there was no chance she could defeat them all.
Her wolfish nature strained and fought within her, making her blood scream out with the need to fight. But she quelled it, knowing that if she were to be victorious, she would need allies.

The low murmur of voices reached her keen ears and she stood up, tilting her head to one side. A slow but unmistakable smile twisted her lips, and she slipped through the trees towards the cave.
everything i loved

Would you like a review?

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Sat Nov 24, 2007 8:22 pm
Rydia says...

Name: Lydia .
Elements: Moonlight and Light.
Race/species: Miokoda.
Second Nature: Tiger.
Description: http://mizukoiuchi.deviantart.com/art/Elf-6046636 - Similar to this. Her hair is fiery red, her eyes a deep green and the marking on her shoulder is a pale blue moon. Her clothes are shades of green and brown and in that style.
Personality: Flirtatious, cheerful, witty, mischevious and generally a lovely person with a very sweet nature.
Sibling/s: None.
Basic magic: She has the ability to manipulate light so that she can make herself and others invisible. She can also heal, enchant people's minds and sometimes has visions of past and future.
Second Nature: Your average tiger with deep green eyes.
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

602 Reviews

Sun Nov 25, 2007 3:24 am
Wolf says...

Thanks so much for joining! :D
everything i loved

Would you like a review?

169 Reviews

Reviews: 169
Sun Nov 25, 2007 3:42 am
Lethero says...

*The Lycan is here :D*
Name: Lethero
Elements: Earth
Race: Lycan
Description: Looks like my avatar to the left so that is my general appearance.
Siblings: None
Basic Magic: Does Earth magic, but uses it very little, but when he does it can be very destructive.
*Can some bring me in, s'il vous plait (please)*
Fly, Fight, Win . . . in Air, Space, and Cyberspace.
-Air Force Mission Statement-

Integrity First
Service Before Self
Excellence In All We Do
~Air Force Core Values~

*Lethero*

26 Reviews

Reviews: 26
Sun Nov 25, 2007 4:08 am
sasquash says...

William shivered in the cold. He took refuge under a tall oak tree. Not willing to wait for the fire to start naturally, he let the energy rush from him, and started a roaring fire in seconds.

Before he laid down next to the fire, he took off his gear, and laid out his sleeping rag. He slid closer to the fire, seeking warmth. In the distance, he heard voices. It seemed as if it was more than 1.

Out of the brush, a girl walked out, and noticed him.

'Play dead, it worked then, and it could work now. You dont know who she is, so try to stay out of the way, and unimportant.'
It's ok to be a kid sometimes,

it's what keeps old people young

and young people growing!

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Nov 25, 2007 2:32 pm
Rydia says...

Lydia

I ran through the wet marshes, two orbs of light dancing just above my head to light the way through the tremendous storm. As the rain crashed down, my light passed through the many little droplets and I paused to admire the rainbow it created. How pretty. Then I saw him. A mass of sodden clothes and fur, huddled in a pool of water, tail wrapped around his body.

"Hello?" I called out. He did not move and as I approached I saw that he was shaking violently. "You shouldn't be out in the cold. Come on, I have a cave not far from here. The creature's ears twitched and he slowly turned his head as I took hold of his arm and dragged him up. "Come on. sitting in the dark is no fun." That seemed to shake him from his thoughts and he nodded. We quickly reached the edge of the marshes and the walk appeared to do him good.

"What's your name?" I asked cheerfully.

"Lethero," he replied.

"Oh so you can talk then? Isn't that nice. Oh look, there's smoke. Someone has a fire up ahead!" I hurried along, taking the lead and pushed through the brush to see a boy of about my age with great, white wings seemingly sleeping by a fire.

"Hello, mind if we sit with you? Lethero is terribly cold and it would be nice to dry off a bit before we head to the cave." Without waiting for a response, I sat myself down and urged Lethero to do the same as he stumbled after me.

"Do you think he's asleep?" Lethero wondered.

"Perhaps," I replied. "I'm Lydia by the way."
Writing Gooder

169 Reviews

Reviews: 169
Sun Nov 25, 2007 3:17 pm
Lethero says...

I sat with my back to the fire letting my fur capture the warmth. I quickly began to warn up enough to where I could concetrate on my surroundings. I was in a cave with only two people. Lydia, the woman who rescued me and someone else. Who was that person?
Fly, Fight, Win . . . in Air, Space, and Cyberspace.
-Air Force Mission Statement-

Integrity First
Service Before Self
Excellence In All We Do
~Air Force Core Values~

*Lethero*

602 Reviews

Sun Nov 25, 2007 3:33 pm
Wolf says...

-I'm not sure how long I can be on for, but thanks all for being active!-

<<Ayra>>
Changing course, she quickened her pace towards the crackling aura of a fire. Warmth permeated the air and she broke into a smooth run, her hair fanning out behind her.
The trees thinned up ahead and she pushed her way through, ignoring how the wet branches slapped her face and scraped against the wounds on her forearm.
Two people sat facing a fire, their faces lit by it's flickering light. She approached them warily, her eyes flashing.
Waiting for them to notice her, she leaned against the smooth, if not a bit damp trunk of a tree, her arms crossed.
everything i loved

Would you like a review?

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Nov 25, 2007 3:36 pm
Rydia says...

(We're under an oak tree, Lethero.)

Lydia

"Do you live around here or was you just passing through? Oh look, the rain is easing! We should head to the cave now. I have some food, wood and blankets hidden there. Are you coming with us?" The last part I directed to the winged creature who still hadn't moved.

"No? Are you sure you don't want to come?"

"I think he's sleeping," Lethero stated and I was inclined to agree but then he opened his eyes and sat up.

"A cave sounds quite nice actually..." he hesitated and I smiled happily.

"Oh good. You can make us a fire when we get there then. What's your name and why was you pretending to sleep? That really is a silly thing to do."

"William. And I was pretending to be dead," the boy admitted sheepishly.

"Dead? Well whatever for? Come on, you can tell us on the way."
Writing Gooder

602 Reviews

Sun Nov 25, 2007 3:40 pm
Wolf says...

(Whoops! Lol, I'll just pretend Ayra knows that)

<<Ayra>>
She was getting impatient. When were they going to notice her?!
She couldn't take it anymore. Stepping into the pool of firelight, she unfolded her ebony wings and fanned them against her back, shaking water droplets everywhere.

(I hate saying what other people's characters do, so you know...)
everything i loved

Would you like a review?

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Nov 25, 2007 3:43 pm
Rydia says...

Ayra, is your character approaching the other two or our group of three? I'm a little confused...
Writing Gooder

602 Reviews

Sun Nov 25, 2007 3:44 pm
Wolf says...

(:( I'm so sorry..I'm new to this storybook thing. Anyways, Ayra is approaching you/Lydia and Lethero.)
everything i loved

Would you like a review?

worlds buzz over us like bees, / we be splendid in new bones.
— Lucille Clifton