z

Young Writers Society

Spirit

185 Reviews

Reviews: 185
Sat Nov 24, 2007 2:39 pm
piepiemann22 says...

No, come on in.
I will always fight back, no matter what.

280 Reviews

Reviews: 280
Sat Nov 24, 2007 3:40 pm
Sumi H. Inkblot says...

Ah! Thank you, this looks very good. :)

Name: Jack Wintergreen

Appearance:
(Regular)- Curly black hair, pale skin, brown eyes. About 6'4 -- tall guy, but slender.

(True Self)- About the same as his regular self, though his eyes turn to a somber amber color, and his hair looks a little messier. (He may even grow a goatee. Ha!)

Personality- Goofy to the point of insulting, regards almost everything as a joke, constantly laughing. Can laugh at himself as well as others; good-natured except when one talks about his sister. His particular brands of humor are in the realms of sarcastic, whoopee cushion, rather sexual and just weird. May or may not be bi, because of Skuld's influence. Enjoys talking with the ladies as well as with the guys; is rather popular that way.

Background-
Jack was first possessed by Skuld at the age of five. The reaction caused by Skuld joining his psyche caused him to go psycho for at least a day. He accidentally killed his newborn sister and seriously wounded the family dog until his father managed to detain him. Since then he has spent most of his time in various psychiatrist's offices, several detention halls and even joined AA for a short time, though Skuld had not forced him to go crazy since then, though he did lapse into madness briefly after turning twelve. His parents kept him, but there was no connection other than food and housing. He grew up on his own cooking, as his parents were constantly out of the house on "business", and spent most nights alone. How he still manages to be so relentlessly cheerful is a mystery to those around him.

He managed to keep up, just barely, with schooling and started getting serious in his senior year, which is how he managed to get to Kindsmin College by the skin of his teeth -- as an English major.

Spirit

Name- Skuld

Age- She isn't sure, and thus does not confide.

Appearance- (I'm assuming that the Spirits can sometimes take on human forms. Correct me if I'm wrong, piepie.) As a human she is small and plump, has curly brown hair and she prefers to wear dark reds.*

Personality- Calm, cheerfully timid, vague and caring. (This may be why Jack manages to be so humorous. Skuld's advice can be rather hilarious.)

Background- Skuld is what is known as a parasitic spirit -- she can't last long without a body to sustain her, and it takes a lot of energy to create a human puppet for use (which does not create energy, unlike a normal human). Seeing that Jack Wintergreen was a happy little boy, she decided to see if she could stay.

(Well, this was a little more extensive than I originally planned. What say you, piepie? Good enough?)
ohmeohmy

110 Reviews

Reviews: 110
Sat Nov 24, 2007 6:41 pm
TNCowgirl says...

*hope you don't mind*

Name- Kimberly (Kimmy) Johnson

Age- 19

Appearance:
(Regular)- http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb13 ... 672306.jpg

(True Self)-http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t168/BanderaCowgirl/For%20Storybooks/01cff9aa.jpg

Personality- She is quiet, doesn't trust people at all, she is slow to trust but when she does you better not destroy that trust, she is very loyal to those she trusts

Background- Freshmen at Kindsmin College, her tuition is being paid by the last foster home she had

Spirit

Name- Senna

Age- Unknown

Appearance- http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t168 ... s/hp29.jpg

Personality- She is very protective of Kimmy, she is slow to trust also.

Background- began possessing Kimmy after she got sent to foster homes.

Kimmy rocked back on her heels as the college proffesser kept talking to her about how she should really consider joining so group, a group of people that were as good in school as she was.

Tell him to bug off and lets get outta here. Senna said,

I will, I don't even know what he is talking about. She replied with a laugh,

"Mr. " She racked her brain for a name. Its Peterson, Kimmy, Peterson "Peterson, I really would love to but I don't have time, infact I need to go anyway." He was about to say something but seh hurried away. She hated being rude but she didn't like having to be around people more then she wanted to. She walked briskly towards the coffee shop and moved to the counter.

"Hey Kimmy, you here for your normal tea?" The girl behind the conter asked. Kimmy just nodded, she always got green tea with honey mixed in it. She paid and slipped into a corner booth that put as much shadow on her as was possible in the well lit room.

Do you see those others spirits? Senna asked her.

Yes,

Your not going to go talk to them are you? Senna laughed, They look perfectly harmless, but then again you never know.

I thought you were over protective of me and didn't trust anyone, or are you just wishing you could be around a few spirits every now and then?' Kimmy asked,

I just think it is about time you found someone around here you could trust, and who better then somene with a spirit.

I doubt they woudl want me around any way, remember I'm just a foster kid

Not anymore, your a college kid now, the past is the past.

I don't know, we'll see.
"And you wonder why we don't like you!" -Trumpkin
Vist my world and make it bigger!
Want a Readers crit???

185 Reviews

Sun Nov 25, 2007 1:52 am
piepiemann22 says...

Jason sat there only half listening to the girl in front of him. He was fixed on the girl in the corner. She had sneaked in and he almost didn't notice. She was hiding her spirit energy well. The spirit was fuzzy, but was there all the same. Not only that he felt at least on more presence outside.

He took one final sip of his tea and stood up, "I think you should come join us." He starred directly at the girl in the corner. She hesitated before getting up. "Lets go for a walk."

Adanya looked confused until she saw the girl coming towards them. She got ecstatic and started blabbing again. He put his hand over her mouth, "You talk to much."

Jason walked out of the Coffee shop just as a girl came from across the street. She had a ghost as well as a school uniform. The two other girls popped out and started staring at each other. Mean while Jason starred down the side walk as a mime noticed them, a spirit behind him as well.

You don't miss much do you?

No, I may be better than you.

Sorry, but wrong. You missed the guy staring at us from across the street.

Jason looked up. There was a man with a spirit. he was tall too. over six feet. "There are six of us. I have a bad feeling about this."

270 Reviews

Reviews: 270
Sun Nov 25, 2007 2:01 am
Alice says...

Adanya made a face at Jason but continued to sip her drink.

why don't you follow him? her spirit asked

Because I don't feel like it, I'd much rather finish my coffee

Like you need anymore caffeine

As a matter of fact yes I do.

Go follow him

Or what?

I'll never shut up.

Oh good god.
Adanya stood up and followed him, she looked down the street and around and gasped. "This can't be good." she said.

"I was just thinking the same thing," he replied.
I just lost the game.

110 Reviews

Sun Nov 25, 2007 2:08 am
TNCowgirl says...

Kimmy kept her cup in her hand as she followed the others. She had never seen this many spirits in one place and silently agreed with the others that something had to be wrong.

"Why do you think there are so many around here?" She asked almost to quiet for the others to hear. She was keeping a bit of distance between herself and the others but was close enough to be heard and to hear what they were saying. Trust wasn't her best charactoristic, but then again she had learned to not trust people seh didn't know very well.
Want a Readers crit???

280 Reviews

Sun Nov 25, 2007 3:02 am
Sumi H. Inkblot says...

"What? Is six a cursed number or something?" drawled the tall one, shoving his hands deep into his pockets and staring around -- or down -- at them all with a kind of intense friendliness. "'Cause I was rather under the impression that thirteen was the unlucky number. Not six."

"There are twelve of us," corrected Jason. "Spirits included."

"Okay, that makes sense," said the tall one, bobbing his head in a lazy sort of way and looking totally bonkers. "I get that we're all supernatural and crap, but does that mean we have to be superstitious as well? That's some shiz I'd rather not get into, if ya know what I mean."

Silence. The tall guy raised his eyebrows.

"Well, the day's not getting any brighter," he said. "There's this mutual little thing called getting to know each other, yes? Familiar with it at all? I'm Jack Wintergreen." He held out his hand at random, eyebrows still raised.
ohmeohmy

41 Reviews

Reviews: 41
Sun Nov 25, 2007 5:04 pm
Layleun says...

Name- Kai

Age- 19

Appearance:

(Regular)-

(True Self)-

Personality- Very outgoing and mischievous. Prefers the company of boys to girls so is therefore a tomboy. Likes to go with the crowd and has a hard time keeping her mouth shut. The plus side is that she's loyal and can be trusted with ones life.

Background- Grew up with her brother in the streets. She worked hard to educate herself and is very street smart. Her brother died right after she learned to drive her motorcycle.

Spirit

Name- Shep

Age- Unknown. Seems about 13ish

Appearance-

Personality- May be small but don't let her size fool you. She has a barbed tongue and the education to wield it. she usually doesn't go into combat unless she absolutely has to. Likes to fix things.

Background- Unknown

41 Reviews

Reviews: 41
Sun Nov 25, 2007 6:03 pm
Layleun says...

But then we gotta get food and we gotta get gas and we gotta get a room to stay in...

Kai sighed through her helmet. Forty miles per hour with a thousand words a second. A great combination.

Shut it Shep., Kai said, exasperated. I know what we need to do.

Shep clung to the back of Kai's jacket, Just making a list. Sorry... Her voice faded.

Kai shook her head and stopped at a light, letting her feet down to balance. Shep fidgeted behind her, she seemed like she had bugs crawling all over her.

Feel that?[i] she inquired.

[i]Nope
Kai responded as she kicked the motorcycle into gear.

She rounded the corner she was looking for and parked her motorcycle next to her favorite coffee shop. She pocketed the keys and set her helmet on the handles. Kai opened the door and a bell tinkled next to her. The door swung shut as Shep absently walked through it. Kai went to the counter and ordered her coffee. She heard a distant buzzing in her head but ignored it.

Kai put the coffee to her lips and felt a large tremor. The coffee spilled on her shirt as she yelped and set it on the table. Shep looked frustrated beside her, Are you gonna listen now? Her arms were crossed over her chest.

The clerk frantically gave Kai some napkins and asked if she was ok. Kai nodded and turned to Shep, You don't have to spill my freakin' coffee on me to get my attention.

Apparently I do. Shep grumbled. There's people like us outside.

Kai turned to stare at the people across the street. They all had spirits she didn't notice before. Is that what you felt?

Shep rolled her eyes, That's what I've been feeling for the past five minutes.

164 Reviews

Reviews: 164
Sun Nov 25, 2007 11:10 pm
AyumiGosu17 says...

Adri

Rae shifted uneasily beside me; I could hear a soft snarl emit from her...

Take it easy, Rae. They're like us.

She glared at me. I know that, whelp! But...can't you feel it? There's something wrong about this, about all of us being here.

Considering the fact that there are twelve of us - spirits included - no duh!

I approached them, still, watching them carefully as I moved. Was I wrong to think that getting to know them would be a good thing?

110 Reviews

Sun Nov 25, 2007 11:18 pm
TNCowgirl says...

Kimmy looked over the guy that had introduced himself. She wouldn't make eye contact with anyone as she leaned against the wall clutching her tea cup.

You can at least give them a name. Senna wispered in her ear.

I don't know, why should I trust them, I mean why would there be so many of us in one place?

It is just a name, they can't use it against you and they would be able to figure it out sooner or later. Senna said,

"I'm Kimmy Johnson," She said not looking up, she twirled her drink around in the cup.
Want a Readers crit???

280 Reviews

Sun Nov 25, 2007 11:52 pm
Sumi H. Inkblot says...

Jack threw his arms out and looked up at the sky. "They speak!" Kimmy glanced up sharply. "Wonders never cease." He cocked his head to the side and wiggled his eyebrows. "Skuld says hello to Senna, whomever that is." He held up a pointed finger and brandished it, waving it in various directions.
ohmeohmy

110 Reviews

Mon Nov 26, 2007 12:03 am
TNCowgirl says...

*Can the spirits talk to the others or just who they posses. *

"That is my spirit, and she says howdy." Kimmy replied shocked by his sudden outburts. She wanted to laugh at his hysterics but thought better of it.

He's funny, Senna laughed,

Yup, and tall, I feel like an ant.

He isn't bad looking. Senna chidded,

Shut up, that is all you ever think about when you are around people you might end up trusting. Geez.
Want a Readers crit???

185 Reviews

Mon Nov 26, 2007 1:35 am
piepiemann22 says...

(Spirits can talk to who ever.)

Jason simply sighed. All this babbling was getting them no where. Suddenly a shiver ran down his spine. He turned to see another girl in the coming out of the coffee shop. He pulled open the door and she nearly fell. She looked up in astonishment, "Hello."

"This makes fourteen of us." Everyone kept starring at him waiting for some kind of answer. "Look, I have a friend who is a failed exorcist. He doesn't have a spirit, but can see them. He knows a lot more than i do. We could go see him."

(What do you guys think. Should we go? :D )

164 Reviews

Reviews: 164
Mon Nov 26, 2007 1:52 am
AyumiGosu17 says...

Sounds good!

Adri

I looked over the one who had spoken. I could feel Rae twitching behind me, itching to say something that would get us in trouble.

But then again...would she?

Let's follow them. She suddenly prodded me forward.

"Why?" I asked, aloud unintentionally.

Just do it. I have a peculiar feeling about all of this.

I couldn't agree with her more. Something's not right. There are too many of us. Fourteen in one location? Why?

"This exorcist," I began, talking directly to the boy who had mentioned him. "How will he help us?"

You don't need to follow me! You don't need to follow anybody! You got to think for yourselves!
— Brian Cohen