z

Young Writers Society

Sada Revival

169 Reviews

Reviews: 169
Tue Nov 20, 2007 10:09 pm
Lethero says...

"I can not keep you on the ground," Lethero said. Ajle's face brightening up. "But I can't come with you." She suddenly looked deflated. "I be very sorry, I have to travel with these humans to earn their trust."

"I am sorry to hear this," Ajle said sadly.

"I am sorry, my friend. I'd be lyin' if I said I didn't want to go with you. Maybe another time." Lethero stood up. "We need to get to the village and prepare."
Fly, Fight, Win . . . in Air, Space, and Cyberspace.
-Air Force Mission Statement-

Integrity First
Service Before Self
Excellence In All We Do
~Air Force Core Values~

*Lethero*

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Tue Nov 20, 2007 10:22 pm
Maybe says...

Alje-

An idea suddenly struck me. Not a very nice idea, and by god Lethero would hate me for it, but then again, where would the fun be then? I sighed and acted dejected; dragging my tail on the ground and hanging my head until i got far enough away from the ledge. Then i spun and ran towards the unsuspecting Lethero, grabbed him in my claws, and lifted into the air.

"Alje! What-"

I glanced down at him, a wide grin on my face. "I never really was one to follow orders, Lethero. You of all people-or werewolves- should know that. Come on, i'll take you to the village."

"Alje, no! Put me down!"

"Not happening."

I spread my wings; catching a warm updraft and soaring with it. I could hear the faint whistle of the firedrake some ways behind. I opened my mouth and roared, letting out a small gout of fire just to show my happiness. Lethero continued to struggle within my grasp.

"If you don't stop wiggling, i'll drop you!" i threatened.

He stopped for a second, then resumed his desperate struggles. I smiled to myself and let go of him (we were a good three hundred feet up and rapidly gaining altitude). He gave a small yelp and began to plummet downwards into the forest. I dove after him and caught him about a hundred feet above the ground, veering up sharply.

"Told you i would." i said smugly.
Be the cartoon heart. Light a fire, light a spark. Light a fire, flame in my heart. We'll run wild, we'll be glowing in the dark.

169 Reviews

Tue Nov 20, 2007 10:37 pm
Lethero says...

"Can you put me down?" Lethero asked.

"Why would I do that?" Ajle replied.

"Ajle, I'm not joking, put me down," Lethero said almost shouting.

"Ok, calm down, mutt." Lethero glared out her and Ajle let out a deep laugh as we landed on the ground in the village.

"Thank you," Lethero said glad to be returned to the ground. "Next time warn me when you are going to do that." He walked over to a cottage he'd been staying in, followed by Ajle in her human form.

Integrity First
Service Before Self
Excellence In All We Do
~Air Force Core Values~

*Lethero*

116 Reviews

Tue Nov 20, 2007 10:51 pm
Maybe says...

Alje-

I smiled. "But Leth, if i had warned you, it wouldn't have been so fun!"

"Humpf."

I walked on the balls of my feet, bouncing up and down as i moved. We entered the small cottage and i shadowed Lethero as he moved around. Ah, annoying him was so fun.

"Alje, quit it!" he snapped, right on cue.

I obediently stopped prancing around and stood, grim-faced, looking over his shoulder. He glanced at me dully.

"You really find a lot of pleasure in annoying me, don't you?" he asked, his voice flat.

"Yep!" i said happily, my face brightening up. "You have NO idea."

"Why me?" i heard him mutter as he went into another room, slamming the door in my face. I smiled; typical Lethero.

I opened the door and entered the kitchen where Lethero was shoving foods into a small pack. I sat down at the crude table and, transforming my hand into a claw, began to tap my talons on the table.

"click, click, click, click, click...click, click, click, click, click..."

"Alje!" Lethero snarled viciously.

I glanced up. "Yes?" i asked innocently.

"Can't you find someone else to annoy? Or something else to do?"

I tilted my head to the side and put on my most charming, adorable face. I smiled.

"Like who?"

"I dont know! Go bug Fyra or Nicarga! Or even Raiana, i dont care!"

"Raiana isn't talking to me." i said, my lips pursing in a pout.

"I wonder why..." he muttered, rolling his eyes.

"What?...hey!" i growled. "Fine, if you don't want me around, i'll just go in another room. I suppose i could TRY and contact Raiana..." i shrugged. "Anything you want me to tell her, since you don't like communing with the dead?"
Be the cartoon heart. Light a fire, light a spark. Light a fire, flame in my heart. We'll run wild, we'll be glowing in the dark.

169 Reviews

Tue Nov 20, 2007 11:03 pm
Lethero says...

Lethero finished his packing and shouldered his pack. He walked out of his room to see Ajle staring into space. "Any luck?" I asked, calmer than before.

"She ain't talking," she said simply. "Normally I could reach in seconds or she'd tell me to go away. I hope nothing happened to her."

"What could happenin' to people who be dead?" I asked. "I mean, they ain't effected by our earthly concerns."

"I don't know, but I feel as if something is wrong; I can't put my claw on it."

Integrity First
Service Before Self
Excellence In All We Do
~Air Force Core Values~

*Lethero*

116 Reviews

Tue Nov 20, 2007 11:23 pm
Maybe says...

Alje-

I continued to follow Lethero around the small cottage as he finished packing. Once he was done, we stepped out into the sunshine.

"Want another ride?" I teased.

"No, thanks."

I shrugged. "Meh, too bad." and with that we were flying again.

"Alje, would you put me down!? I have to go meet up with Sam and the others!"

"Sam Shwam. They wont leave without the infamous Lethero to guide them. Trust me."

He sighed. "Fine, but only for a little while. I cant have them waiting for long. What are we doing?"

I let out a small whoop and did a backflip. "We're going to go see if there are any other mythical creatures to find. Wana go pick up the others? Nicarga and Fyra would love to come, too, i'm sure."

"Whatever, so long as you dont do anymore backflips and i get a seat instead of having to hang at your mercy."

"Ok." i said, heading off towards the small ledge again.

169 Reviews

Wed Nov 21, 2007 12:26 am
Lethero says...

They landed near the outskirts of the city where Nicarga and Fyra sat talking. Lethero quickly jumped off and ran for the village. Ajle made to grab him, but Lethero drew his sword. "I am sorry, Ajle, I can't go with you."

"Do you think that stick will stop me?" She asked like she was bored.

"No, but I need to leave with Sam and the others." He slowly backed away. "I need to do this for my pack. I want them to live in peace. If it means going through you I will, but right now I need to do this for my pack. Leave me alone please." He quickly turned around and ran into the village.

Integrity First
Service Before Self
Excellence In All We Do
~Air Force Core Values~

*Lethero*

280 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 280
Wed Nov 21, 2007 12:40 am
Nutty says...

Fyra looked from the retreating lethero and Alje and back again.
"You two have a spat?" Fyra asked, her voice concerned.
"No, he just doesn't like flying."
"And you took him on a flight?"
"Of course! these land dwellers don't know what they're missing!"
Fyra laughed and nodded. "I better go see what he's up to this time. Always getting himself in trouble."
Fyra waved at Nicarga and Alje before spreading her wings and going after the running Lethero.
It's not easy having a good time. Even smiling makes my face ache.

116 Reviews

Wed Nov 21, 2007 2:08 am
Maybe says...

Alje-

I watched Fyra and Lethero's forms grow smaller and smaller for a moment before blowing a puff of smoke from my nostrils in annoyance and turning around to walk glumly back up to my perch on the top of the ledge.

"Why does Leth have to go and always rain on my parade? He threatened me! What kind of friend is that?" I muttered to myself; another habit I had grown into. "And who am i to actually listen to him? I don't follow him; we just seem to be traveling in the same direction...for the time being."

I shook my head and spread my wings, my teeth bared in a vicious snarl. I'd show him.

For me, living within Lethero's pack was just about as good as it got. That is, when we weren't fighting. I had never done very good in close knit societies like this one and had gotten into more than one fight over the past year. I had scars to prove it. Hey, it wasn't my fault i was fiercely independent...right?

Being the only skilled magic user in the community had it's ups and downs. I was called upon for every minor thing; from healing a tiny scratch to repairing armor to creating bridges from dirt strong enough to hold the weight of hundreds of mythical creatures. Now you tell me if that isn't stressful. One false move and you could send your friends to their doom.

I launched off the ground with an almighty roar and a blast of fire which scorched the tops of the surrounding trees. Just something to remember me by. I had little to no intentions of returning, or at least not back to the pack. Not after what Lethero had done.

I flew west, into the fiery sunset. I added my own flame to that of natures. I didnt even bother to look back. I knew no one would dare to follow me.

Koby-

I sat on a rotting log in the middle of the forest, carving a tiny dragon out of a old piece of wood i had found. It wasn't going so well, but hey, i'm still a beginner. I glanced up, towards the west and shaded my eyes from the ferocity of the blazing sunset that was framed against the surrounding mountains.

I looked back down at the piece of wood i held before letting it fall to the ground. I got up and stretched my aching back before turning east and heading back to my campsite. No doubt Kairie would be worried by now. I dreaded facing her, but knew it was inevitable. Oh well, better sooner than later, i suppose.

Climbing over vines and roots and other debris that littered the forest floor, i scrambled to get home as fast as possible in the dying light. Finally i broke into the clearing and made a dash for the tent. I wasn't quite quick enough.

A clawed foot came down on me as i stared up at Kairie, my griffin friend. She stared back.

"Where've you been?" she asked.

"Watching the sunset from my log."

"Oh." she let up. I got to my feet.

"Need me for anything? If not, i'm gonna go to the pool for a quick swim. The weather's so nice and all..."

She made a disgusted face. "Urg, i cant see how in the world you can tolerate water so much. Fine, go ahead. I need to go hunting anyway."

I smiled and ran off towards the small pool about a quarter mile from my camp. I had discovered it years ago and it had become my favorite place since then. I spent a good portion of my time there.

Coming up to the pool i slowed, panting and gasping for air. Running flat out over tricky terrain wasn't easy, let me tell you. I stumbled up to the edge of the water and cupped my hands, bringing water up and splashing it on my face. Only then did i look around...

And what i saw completely caught me off guard. On the other side of the pool was a smaller-than-average green dragon, asleep on the bank.

110 Reviews

Reviews: 110
Wed Nov 21, 2007 2:55 am
TNCowgirl says...

*I hope this works*

Sera-

Sera ran under Alje as she flew away. She didn't know what had made her so mad but when she nearly burnt Sera to death she decided to follow her. In a few minutes she lost her but could still follow her sent. But after losing it for a while she picked it up again and saw her sleeping next to a creek. She was about to step out and talk to her when a guy showed up at the other side of the creek. Sera quickly hid behind a tree and scrambled up into the tree smiling as if she were playing a game. She was rarly in such a grand mood but she liked it. She watched the guy intently as he looked Alje over. 'Hurt her and I'll kill you,' She thought to herself, anyone that was a friend of Nicarga was her friend too. Though she wasn't going to admit it or anything.
"And you wonder why we don't like you!" -Trumpkin
Vist my world and make it bigger!
Want a Readers crit???

116 Reviews

Wed Nov 21, 2007 4:01 am
Maybe says...

Koby-

I cautiously approached the sleeping dragon, creeping ever closer. I had seen only one dragon before in my life; a great silver flying overhead over a year ago. There weren't any dragons in this area, and only one or two older firedrakes. I was curious.

The dragon lay on it's side and looked almost like a sleeping dog. The only difference in it's pose was the two great leathery wings spread on the grass behind it. Most dogs didn't have wings, as far as i knew.

I held my breath and stood stock-still as the dragon shifted it's bulk. It did not awaken, only sighed deeply and continued to doze. It was obviously very tired for even when i accidentally snapped a twig, it made no move whatsoever.

I continued to approach the sleeping giant until something else caught my eye. It could've been the simple swaying of branches or a slight breeze in the treetops, but living alone for most of my life had taught me otherwise. There was something the the tree directly behind the dragon.

"Hello?" i called as softly as i could and still be heard. Luckily the dragon did not awaken. "Who's there?"

Another slight rustle of leaves. Then: "Sera." a light, females voice called from the depths of the branches and leaves. Then she dropped lightly to the ground and stood facing me, hands on her hips. "And who are you?"

"I'm Koby," i said, looking her over. "What are you doing here?"

"Following her," Sera said, gesturing to the still-sleeping dragon.

"A friend?"

"I suppose you could say that."

169 Reviews

Wed Nov 21, 2007 4:29 am
Lethero says...

Lethero walked into the village, out of breath. He leaned against a building panting. "Lethero, you seemed tired, what you do?" asked a voice behind him; it was Sam.

"Oh, it's nothin's Sam," Lethero said breathing deeply. "I'm ready to go." He stood up and shouldered his bag.

"Well, come on," Sam said turning around and walking through the village. "So where do you want to go first in this campaign?"

"I think we should go ahead and go to the capital city."

"Why so soon?"

"I have my reasons." Lethero walked ahead and onto the trail that lead out of the city.

Integrity First
Service Before Self
Excellence In All We Do
~Air Force Core Values~

*Lethero*

110 Reviews

Reviews: 110
Wed Nov 21, 2007 2:32 pm
TNCowgirl says...

Sera looked him over catiously then leaned up against the tree crossing her hands across her chest.

"Alje wouldn't have been very happy if you had woken her up. She was quite angry when she left the group." She said,

"Group?" His grey eyes meet Sera's green ones. Sera nodded, "group of dragons?" He asked,

"No, there are only two." She replied eyeing him cautiously.

"Then group of what?" He asked, Sera bit the inside of her lip.

'Smooth go ahead tell someone you dont' know ALL about the pack.' A voice nagged at her. 'Come on wake up Alje,'
"And you wonder why we don't like you!" -Trumpkin
Vist my world and make it bigger!
Want a Readers crit???

280 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 280
Wed Nov 21, 2007 7:54 pm
Nutty says...

Fyra shot past lethero and sam, whistling merrily, and landing with a skid.
"Can't leave me behind! can I come too? Afterall, Lethero, I am one of the first to have joined you."
It's not easy having a good time. Even smiling makes my face ache.

169 Reviews

Wed Nov 21, 2007 8:28 pm
Lethero says...

"I guess," Lethero said.

"Why did you threaten Ajle?" Fyra asked. "She looked upset about it."

"I had to." He said simply. "She was keeping me grom gettin' us a better life. I did what I had to do to keep her alive, even if it means losing her friendship."

"Oh," Fyra said simply.

Integrity First
Service Before Self
Excellence In All We Do
~Air Force Core Values~

*Lethero*

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
— William Shakespeare