z

Young Writers Society

Jurassic Park

169 Reviews

Reviews: 169
Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:53 pm
Lethero says...

*I'll join, but one quick note, John Hammond died in the first book, the movie got that whole part wrong*

Name: Rilon Ipolin(AKA: Velo)
Occupation: Paleobiologist (does mostly Velociraptor biology but also does many plants)
Reason: To do a little Paleobotany work in the park.
Appearance: Tan skin, tall (about 6'5"), muscular arms, and wears a jacket no matter the weather.
Bio: Best in class when he graduated with his Phd in college, easily surpassed his surperiors, and now is renowned for his excellent observations of Velociraptors.

*can someone bring me in please.*
Fly, Fight, Win . . . in Air, Space, and Cyberspace.
-Air Force Mission Statement-

Integrity First
Service Before Self
Excellence In All We Do
~Air Force Core Values~

*Lethero*

110 Reviews

Reviews: 110
Mon Nov 05, 2007 10:02 pm
TNCowgirl says...

Cedar nodded listened, "Don't leave yet, we're forgetting someone." He said turning back towards where the other buildings were.

"Who?" John called to his back.

"Velo, it'll just take a second." He said walking briskly to the buildings. He and Velo had showed up at the island on the same plane. He walked into the room they had been put in and cleared his throat. Velo seemed to be looking over a book of some sort. "We're headed out of a tour, lets go." He said turning before the man could reply. Cedar liked the kid. He was five years older and a few inches taller then the kid, but Velo seemed to have a head on his shoulder, and he wasn't small. He heard Velo's footsteps behind him and they were soon walking back together. They jumped in the back of the jeep while the others were in the front and the driver hit the gas. Cedar watched the senory and smiled.
"And you wonder why we don't like you!" -Trumpkin
Vist my world and make it bigger!
Want a Readers crit???

169 Reviews

Reviews: 169
Mon Nov 05, 2007 10:13 pm
Lethero says...

*it spelled scenery**another thing, John Hammond would be in his late eighties early nineties at this time*

I looked up from my book at the stuff passing by in the jeep. It was unimpressive for I had heard the stories from Alan Grant and Ian Malcolm how this was a bad ideo when the went to it. "Isn't this pace great?" Cedar said.

"Not really," I said. "If you heard what happened in the park in the 80s and 90s, you would be unimmpressed to."

"I heard of it."

"Well, I meet with Alan Grant and Ian Malcolm from their idea, it was a seriously bad idea."

"You seem a bit young to be an expert."

"He may be young," John said, "but he's the best there is. He does work with every field of dinosaur."

"Mostly Raptors," I corrected, "but I also do many Paleobotany work."

"As I said, he's the best."
Fly, Fight, Win . . . in Air, Space, and Cyberspace.
-Air Force Mission Statement-

Integrity First
Service Before Self
Excellence In All We Do
~Air Force Core Values~

*Lethero*

713 Reviews

Reviews: 713
Mon Nov 05, 2007 10:21 pm
BigBadBear says...

Oh my gosh! This is an awesome story! I'll join!

Name: Tanner Jensen
Reason: Is looking for eating patterns in dinosaurs.
Apperance: Tall, and skinny. He has a good sense of humor and is eagerly awaiting to study dinosaurs.
Bio: Is trying to get a job for InGen.

"Wait!" a teenager shouted, running towards the fleeing cars. The back car stopped, and the passengers looked skeptically at the teen. Tanner Jensen nodded when the jeep stopped, and ran up to the door. He quickly opened it and said, "Hey, thanks guys! I almost missed the tour!"

Velo rolled his eyes. Great, just what they needed; a kid! John nodded and said, "You can go again."

The driver pushed on the gas, and the car rolled forward.

"Who are you?" Cedar asked Tanner. He replied saying, "I am Tanner Jensen. I am trying to get a job here at InGen. Uh, I am a student of Alan Grant. You know him, right?"

Cedar nodded, "Well, it's nice to have you on board, Tanner."
Just write -- the rest of life will follow.

Would love help on this.

694 Reviews

Reviews: 694
Mon Nov 05, 2007 10:31 pm
Via says...

Shawn silently wondered how many people could possibly fit in one vehicle but she ignored it mostly, looking around with her camera in hand. She was excited to see everything, but she just wished they would get going already.

The sixteen year old took a moment and pulled a hairband off her wrist and threw her brown locks back loosely, just to get them out of her face and out of the way of her camera shutter. But she quickly dropped her hands back to her camera.
My Literary and Arts Blog

"I think I'd miss you even if we'd never met." -The Wedding Date

713 Reviews

Mon Nov 05, 2007 11:13 pm
BigBadBear says...

Tanner looked around the car, and he spotted a really attractive girl, that looked a few years younger than him.

"Hey. I'm Tanner!" he said to the girl, with a camera in her hands. She looked at him with a raised eyebrow.

"I know," she replied with a tone of annoyance, "you already said." Ugh! Stupid kid! Shawn thought.

Tanner blushed, and John said, "Shawn, you can at least be kind to the young lad."

Shawn grunted and said, "Yeah, whatever Dad."

Would love help on this.

141 Reviews

Reviews: 141
Tue Nov 06, 2007 1:49 am
MadHatter says...

(Just thought I should let you guys know. John Hammond has nothing to do with this. The current head of InGen is Ivan McDavis, not Hammond.)

John kept checking his watch. When would they be done? He had no need to see dinosaurs. He had seen them millions of times. As the other passengers ooed and ahed, John considered telling them some "stories", but decided not too. Tanner was too young and innocent to know about bloodshed.

"Having fun?" He asked Shawn.

"Oh yeah!"
Voldemort: You kids! If I ever find out who's calling I will tell the wizard law and you will go to wizard jail and then I'll kill you!

Harry Potter Puppet Pals - Wizard Swears

694 Reviews

Tue Nov 06, 2007 2:50 am
Via says...

Shawn glanced to Tanner, not really noticing his appearance. She wasn't overly concerned with it, she was here to learn. However, although she'd never admit it, it was nice to have someone her own age along for the ride.

"Shawn." She proclaimed, no propositions needed. She waved a swift hand to him and smiled slightly to her father as if to say there, ya happy? and looked back into the forests, making sure not to miss anything.

110 Reviews

Reviews: 110
Tue Nov 06, 2007 2:51 am
TNCowgirl says...

(Cedar isn't one to talk so much, just thought I'd let y'all know. If you have ever read silent Joe he is like joe. :D, Sorry Ash, I was in a hurry)

Cedar looked around, crossing his arms across his chest. Poor Tanner's atempt at catching Shawn's eye was nothing more then poor. Oh well, after a while on this island he might get a chance, though unlikely. He closed his eyes for a second and took a deep breath. THis place smelled wonderful, he opened htem again and looked around. A few dinasours showed up ahead and Shawn started snapping pictures. He just smiled, maybe a little time away from predatory dinosours would do him some good.

(Sorry tis short)
"And you wonder why we don't like you!" -Trumpkin
Vist my world and make it bigger!
Want a Readers crit???

164 Reviews

Reviews: 164
Tue Nov 06, 2007 3:26 am
AyumiGosu17 says...

((Okay, since everyone's totally forgotten about me...humph...))

Adrianne

I walked silently into the woods. I followed the trail they had taken, leading me right to the base. It seemed more like an apartment building with dinosaur sculptures on top, but it might be pleasant.

Now, to begin. I set my bag down, pulling out my sketch journal and a pen, and I drew.

I didn't notice that the people all crammed into cars and drove into the forest, more than likely to tour. I could do that later, on my own time. When I worked, I prefered to be alone. The peace was better for me; I never could explain why.

I looked at the rough sketch I had made of the building. I could enhance it later, after I set up everything in a room or in my tent. Nodding, I moved towards the building.

713 Reviews

Tue Nov 06, 2007 4:06 am
BigBadBear says...

>> sorry about Ceder. I forgot about him <<

"Hey, who's that over there?" Tanner suddenly asked, pointing out Shawn's window. The young teenager looked up and saw Tanner pointing out her window. She put her camera down and looked out.

There was a woman outside, more or less fifty yards away from the jeeps.

John quickly answered, "Oh, that is Adrianne. She is here also to study the dinosaurs. She is our pride and joy."

Ceder looked out at the woman and saw her taking pictures with her camera, similar to the one that the sixteen year old girl was holding. What was up with all of the cameras?

He sighed, looking back in his younger years. Back then, he had to draw pictures. Silently he chuckled. Wow, that had been a while ago.

Will someone please bring up a dino incident please?

Would love help on this.

141 Reviews

Reviews: 141
Tue Nov 06, 2007 8:32 pm
MadHatter says...

(Soon. We might as well make the unnative Raptors come out. I didn't want to start that because then no one new could come. I don't think anyone else will join. If they do they have to be a on island worker or scientist.)

John finally decided to pay attention to the dinosaurs. He noticed that the even these vegetarians were surrounded by a deep wide cement gorge that surrounded every animal pen. "Safer I guess he thought to himself."

"What are you talking about dad?" Shawn asked him.

"Oh nothing." A dead carcass caught his eye. It was a triceratops, though you couldn't tell. It had been dead for awhile now, yet he could still tell the killing method."Raptors..." John said very loudly.

Everyone in the car froze. "What do you mean sir? We have no raptors here."

"Oh shut up Ivan. That carcass back there was killed by Raptors."

"But if we did have them here, than they would have surley eaten it."

"No unless they were smart enough to set a trap? The park tourists see a dead dinosaur and go to check it out, and BAM, they've got you. They've done that a million times." Ivan McDavis was speechless.

"Well?"

"Okay...about two years ago a shipment of dinosaurs for Jurassic Park came in. It turns out that didn't only carry vegetarians, but a pack of stowaway velicoraptors. They didn't harm the other dinosaurs and waited to get off, almost as if they knew they'd go here..."

As John turned his head in disgust he noticed something move in the weeds. It was a raptor, no doubt. "We should get moving. A raptor could jump that gorge, no problem."
Voldemort: You kids! If I ever find out who's calling I will tell the wizard law and you will go to wizard jail and then I'll kill you!

Harry Potter Puppet Pals - Wizard Swears

713 Reviews

Tue Nov 06, 2007 10:12 pm
BigBadBear says...

Tanner was instantly fascinated by the way that the raptors had supposedly torn up the triceratops. Their jaws must be more powerful than the mighty brontosauruses...

He stared at the corpse, not really paying attention to John. His schooling instantly kicked in, and he forgot about Shawn, and focused on the dinos.

"And how," Ivan, "did you, John, know about the raptors in the first place? Were you in the accident on Jurassic Park 1?"

John looked around the car, at Shawn and then at Tanner. Should he tell Ivan?

He ended up looking at the park manager, Ivan and started into his story.

Would love help on this.

164 Reviews

Reviews: 164
Tue Nov 06, 2007 10:38 pm
AyumiGosu17 says...

Adri

I let them go on their way. They wanted to tour, why not let them?

I turned and walked towards the forest, studying the ground. Any sign of excess weight passing on one particular spot would be the prime place to start a hike. An animal trail.

I finally found it, but it was farther from the base than comfortable. Three hundred yards was too far to try to cross in an attempted escape...I pulled my radio out of my pack and turned through several channels, making check-calls as I went. At least it worked. Maybe I would be able to find the right channel later.

"Who is this?" a male voice answered my most previous call.

"Adrianne Perdue. I was just checking frequencies in case we need emergency contact. Who is this?"

694 Reviews

Tue Nov 06, 2007 10:57 pm
Via says...

Shawn rolled her eyes. She was about tired of all the screaming about the raptors that everyone swore weren't on the island...and in fact she believed them. She sighed and while her father went on about his story she stepped off the automobile and wondered to the edge of the woods, camera in hand snapping as she walked.

She heard a little chirp and glanced down to her feet where a very small two-legged dinosaur hopped in a circle while watching her. She knelt down and lay her hand out, letting it hop aboard. "Hey there little guy". He couldn't have been larger than a bluejay, but he was definitely more adorable...plus he didn't poop on her.

There is no quiet. There is only Doc McStuffins.
— Ron Swanson