z

Young Writers Society

Races of Elsmeron

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Tue Oct 30, 2007 12:16 am
Maybe says...

Looks good, everyone. Sorry about the absence over the weekend. I had stuff to do and places to go. But i'm back now

Ramere-

Ramere stood behind his brother's right shoulder while Humma gingerly took the dagger from Azrellia and examined it closely.

"Ramere?"

Ramere sighed, took the dagger from his older brother, and closed his eyes; exhaling deeply. He waved his hand over the two broken shards and they instantly melded back together. He handed it back to Azrellia.

"Is there anything else you would like me to waste my powers on, or can we continue on? At this rate we'll NEVER reach the meeting on time." Ramere muttered.

Humma shot his brother a dark look. "Fine." he said. He turned back to Azrellia.

"Excuse my brother." he said. Ramere snorted disdainfully and started off down the hall again, not even bothering to look back and see is Humma was following.

*Dont know what else to put.*
Be the cartoon heart. Light a fire, light a spark. Light a fire, flame in my heart. We'll run wild, we'll be glowing in the dark.

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Tue Oct 30, 2007 3:43 pm
Rydia says...

Arwyn

I'd watched from a reasonable distance as Azrellia talked with Humma and his brother, irritated that I was forced to remain in physical form for another hour yet. I could barely hear the words passing between them and when one of the maids asked me to carry some shirts down to the laundry room I had no choice but to curtsy and do as she asked. Sometimes being Melody was a vigourating, lively experience but not when there were chores to do and men leering at my chest. The guards were the worst for that. Rotten humans. They were certainly beyond my powers of inspiration.

I hurried down the steps to the laundry room and placed the articles of clothing in a growing pile, already hoping that I would be able to forsake my physical form before I was given that particular task. Afterall, there were enough servants in the palace for my lack of presence to go unoticed and I longed to watch over my charge for an hour or two. Then I had an idea. I darted back up the stairs to find the three exditing the room. I curtsied and bowed my head as they passed, holding firm in my mind the idea that refreshments would be good. Technically it was cheating and not a real inspiration but I'd forsaken the rules long ago.

"Some refreshments would be nice," Humma mused. "Girl, bring a tray to the East tower."

"Right away," I responded with another curtsy before heading for the kitchen.
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

124 Reviews

Reviews: 124
Tue Oct 30, 2007 9:10 pm
Saphira says...

Liselle wondered the streets looking at the things being sold on the stalls. She needed a blacksmiths but she hadn't found one yet and she couldn't fix her daggeres herself because she hadn't had the right equipment on the road.

Just then she saw a man fixing another dagger with magic. He thrust the dagger at the girl and then marched off. Liselle hurried to follow as the other man turned towards a building. She needed to catch this man. She needed her daggers.
Come to the dark side. We have cookies!

110 Reviews

Reviews: 110
Wed Oct 31, 2007 12:21 am
TNCowgirl says...

Someone bring me in, I don't know how to. I don't know when I'll be able to get on. My normal computer's keyboard busted.
"And you wonder why we don't like you!" -Trumpkin
Vist my world and make it bigger!
Want a Readers crit???

26 Reviews

Reviews: 26
Wed Oct 31, 2007 4:34 am
sasquash says...

*Ok, finally able to make a profile on here!!*

Name:Slade

Species:Vampire/Angel(result of a vampire as a mother, and an angel of a father)

Appearance: http://maverickwarrior.deviantart.com/a ... y-45072642

Background: Was a cast out because of his double species. Neither the angels nor the vampires would except him as they were the highest of enemies. Because of Vampires wonderful beauty, his father was attracted to her automatically and irreversibly.

*Will post soon, when i get a chance. Someone please bring me in, so im not just sitting out there, ok?*
It's ok to be a kid sometimes,

it's what keeps old people young

and young people growing!

170 Reviews

Reviews: 170
Wed Oct 31, 2007 11:05 pm
Lindsaroo says...

"Belle. Is that short for something?" he asked her

"Mirabelle. But I don't like it too much. So I just say Belle."

"I think Mirabella is nice, but Belle it is." He smiled.

"What about you?"

"I'm Travis."

"Travis? That's a good name." She nodded.
"After it happened I thought that I'd just try to live as normally as possible and bury it, but things like that don't stay buried. I didn't think it would, but it taints your whole life."

"My desires were bestial, obviously." -Jeffery Dahmer.

110 Reviews

Thu Nov 01, 2007 1:16 am
TNCowgirl says...

Trinity slowly walked around, her feet moving swiftly. Her wings ached, she wanted to let them out so bad but she was acting like a humen. Her wings melted into her skin but that didn't cease the aching that she always felt after keeping them in for long periods of time. She ran towards the nearby woods.

'Remember the vampires, Trinity, they will not fret about killing you.' Her father had always warned. She frowned, she couldn't spread her wings out this soon. It would put her in danger of the humens knowing she was half angel and she couldn't let them just yet. They would certainly banish her. The angels didn't mind but the humens were another story. 'If you are stuck between vampires and werewolves and can't fly, go to the werewolves, they are less likely to harm you.' SHe smiled as she rememebered him. She smiled, how she missed her father. Her mother, who had been a humen, had died a long time ago, and her father soon followed. She sighed, she was on her own. Her feet crunched on sticks and she sighed. If only she didn't have to learn majic from the mage in the humen town she wouldn't have to walk into these woods.

"Well well well, what do we have here." She heard a voice hiss from behind her. She spun around and looked at the tall thin vampire that stood behind her and her stomach plumited to the ground. She tried to spread her wings and take off but something held them in. Some majic,

"Don't try, it wont work." Another voice hissed, Trinity nearly whimpered, she tried to move, to run, but nothing worked, she couldn't budge. She heard four other sets of feet. She could move her head and she studied each one. They were vampire theives, even normal vampires hated them. She could tell by the way they dressed,

'If you are stuck, sweet talk your way out if you can. Do anything but don't let them know anything about you.' Her mother had said,

"What do you want?" She demanded,

"Your an angel on vampire turf, we can't have that now can we." The leader smiled, Trinity looked towards the sky, oh how she wanted to fly. That is when she saw him. Just sitting in the tree, watching quietly watching. Even if he was a vampire he would save her from theses thevies wouldn't he? She looked back down at the leader as he moved towards her. She pushed against the majic but it wouldn't budge. Fear ran through her like a heavy wind. She glanced back up at the guy in the trees and pleaded with her eyes. Maybe maybe he would help. 'PLEASE!' She screamed in her mind, she then looked back at the leader and her face grew stone cold. She wouldn't show fear to him.

*Hopes this works, Sasquash, if you don't want to pick up in it I'll find another way to get you in :P *
Want a Readers crit???

116 Reviews

Thu Nov 01, 2007 1:21 am
Maybe says...

Aw, it disapeared! Darn! And i totally thought it had posted. Oh well, maybe i just forgot...when i was at school. Ok, here it is again.

Ramere-

Ramere stalked towards the east tower, Humma following close behind. Ramere's hod was cast over his head, hiding his features. Almost unconsciously, he fell back to walk behind his brother. A routine the two had grown into. The younger followed the older.

Sudenly Ramere heard soft footsteps behind him. He glanced over his shoulder and stopped, waving Humma on when he stopped too.

A young girl followed the two of them, her eyes on Ramere. He turned to confront her.

"What?" he asked bitterly.

The girl was slightly taken aback. "Sorry..." she began. Then she seemed to draw herself up and thrust out her hand.

Ramere stared at her palm and laughed. His laughter was mocking, bitter, and not fun to hear. The girl cringed.

"You're kidding, right?" Ramere asked her. In the girls hand was another broken dagger.
Be the cartoon heart. Light a fire, light a spark. Light a fire, flame in my heart. We'll run wild, we'll be glowing in the dark.

124 Reviews

Thu Nov 01, 2007 12:06 pm
Saphira says...

'No' Liselle replied. Why would she be joking? She needed her daggers and this guy could fix it.

'I am not a magical blacksmith. Go find someone else to fix your toy' the man said and spun around to carry on walking.

Liselle lunged forward to grab hold of the mans shoulder.
He spun around and dived to one side launching a kick at Liselles side. She blocked the blow with her arm, drawing out her other dagger she turned to look at the man. He stood calmly in front of her with the other man to one side. This man had his sword drawn. His face held a hint of surprise. Liselle was also shocked. This guy knew how to fight. She sheathed her dagger and looked at the man.

‘Will you fix my dagger?’ she asked. She just wondered what the answer would be.

116 Reviews

Thu Nov 01, 2007 1:55 pm
Maybe says...

*Saphira, Ramere wouldn't try to kick her. He would probably just do some spell. He's more of a scholar than a fighter. But whatever*

Humma-

Humma stopped when Ramere did, but his brother waved him on ahead. Humma rounded a corner but stayed there, listening. He heard his brother talk to the girl that had been following them. Suddenly Ramere laughed, and Humma took that as his cue. He drew his sword and came out of his hiding place.

Humma quickly grabbed his brother before he could do anything else. Ramere yielded to his brother's firm hand and stood, smiling grimly. Humma held his sword out, pointing the tip at the girl.

"Would you fix my dagger?" the girl asked.

"No," Ramere said, and with that he turned on his heels and walked briskly away.

"Sorry about him." Humma appologized with a bow and sheathed his sword. "He never really was nice to strangers. Dont worry, you arent the first." he held out his hand. "Let me see the dagger. I may be able to get the castle blacksmith the fix it."

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Nov 01, 2007 7:02 pm
Rydia says...

Arwyn

The chef in the kitchen loaded the tray up high before placing it gently in my hands.

"There you go girl, that should do."

"Thank you," I responded with a brief curtsy - do you know how hard that is when you're carrying a heavy tray? - and then exited the room. I followed the halls round at a brisk pace and was surprised to find Humma talking to an unfamiliar girl, holding a broken dagger in his hands. I hung back, the tray getting heavier and heavier.

"That's very kind of you," The girl said.

"The least I could do after the way my brother behaved," Humma declared. "I'll take it down as soon as my meeting has ended." This was very clearly a dismissal but the girl intrigued me and I stepped forward and curtsied - yeah, try it when you've been stood still for a good five minutes with a heavy tray - and smiled at my charge.

"Why don't you join us? I think you will find the topic very dull but it's nothing a member of the public can't hear and should only take a few minutes." As soon as the words had left his mouth, Humma looked just a touch unsure of why he'd said them but if there hadn't been the chance for such an offer, my subtle magic wouldn't have worked so he mentally shrugged it off and waited for the girl's response. I didn't. I slipped past and headed towards the East Tower, hoping to relieve myself of the tray as soon as possible.
Writing Gooder

124 Reviews

Thu Nov 01, 2007 8:08 pm
Saphira says...

*Sorry I didn't realise until after I had posted. I got Humma and Ramere mixed up (several times) :s*

'I'll come' Liselle replied. Why had he decided to let her come along? She looked at the retreating girls back and wondered who she had been. She would have to track her down later and talk to her. Lisele didn’t have many friends and even if the girl could just tell her the state of the city it was more convocation that she could wish for. She followed the man and looked at his athletic figure; her eyes drinking in everything should could trying to find out what the man was really like.

'Why is your brother like that?' she asked. She hoped that the question didn't offend him.

He sighed and turned to her.

'He just always has been. He doesn't like strangers and he finds it hard to trust them'

Liselle thought quietly about his bother. He interested her and she would have liked to find out more about him. She followed the man blindly, her mind yet again, wondering back to her dagger.

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Nov 01, 2007 8:27 pm
Rydia says...

Arwyn

I caught up with Ramere and Azrellia at the bottom of the flight of stairs that led to the tower. I half hoped that Ramere would offer to carry the tray for me but, as expected, he did not. It would not have annoyed me if not for the fact that I had seen how he acted around the few people he held close to his heart. He would smile and joke with them and really he could be quite charming.

Azreilla turned and offered me a brief smile before climbing the stairs and then I followed and was very grateful when we reached the room. I entered and stood at the door, waiting. At last, Humma and the other girl entered and the door was closed firmly behind them. Ramere raised an eyebrow when he saw the unexpected guest but his brother ignored him.

"Serve the refreshments," Humma commanded. Gratefully I placed the tray on a small, mahogany table and then began to pour drinks.
Writing Gooder

26 Reviews

Reviews: 26
Fri Nov 02, 2007 3:44 am
View Likes
sasquash says...

*Sorry it took so long to see that post Cow Girl!*

Slade was debating what to do when his little devil started talking.

'Dont do it, you do, and the vampires will never accept you again.' Slade started thinking about that. Sadly, because he was part vampire, he guessed the heavens never saw it fit to send him an angel.

From a quick mind change, he jumped from his little branch, and picked up the angel, helpless from the majic of the vampires. As they flew off, the vampires were obviously furious.

"Dont ever try comming back on our turf, you traiter!" they yelled to him from the ground.

The angel looked up at him suprised, looking at his teeth, and then at his wings, back and forth, trying to comprihend the idea of an angel/vampire.

*Thanks cow girl!*
It's ok to be a kid sometimes,

it's what keeps old people young

and young people growing!

110 Reviews

Fri Nov 02, 2007 6:44 pm
TNCowgirl says...

Trinity finnally pulled out of the vampire's grasp her wings coming out. She tested them gently and smiled in satisfaction, they still worked.

"How can you be a vampire, and an angel, I've never heard of such a thing." She said looking at him,

"How else, my mother was a vampire, my father an angel." He muttered,

"Thanks, for saving me." SHe looked back down at the woods. Then at him. "Why have you never been to the Angel's woods?" She asked, maybe she could persuaide him to come with her.

"I'm part vampire, remember." He said looking at her like that shoudl mean something.

"And I'm part humen, that shouldn't matter, the angels should welcome you." She replied shocked,
Want a Readers crit???

I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope. Which is what I do, and that enables you to laugh at life's realities.
— Dr. Seuss