z

Young Writers Society

Black River

36 Reviews

Reviews: 36
Sun Oct 28, 2007 6:31 pm
motherflippinflapjacks says...

Suddenly, several people jumped down through the light and ran towards her. Claire gasped and they each ran right through her. As they passed through her, it felt as if they were ripping out her insides over and over again. When the last one had gone, she fell over, holding her stomach. People had to be more careful with that. It hurt when they ran through her.

When she had finally gotten over the pain, she looked behind her to see the last of them pulling themselves above ground. There's an exit! Claire stood up and brushed herself off... or what ever didn't just fall right through her. She then began to run in the direction of where the group of people had exited.

Once there, she looked up and there was a dim light. Above ground. She concentrated all of her thoughts and lifted herself above the dirt. When her feet had touched the ground, she opened her eyes. But what she saw was not what she had expected.

There was nothing but fallen trees, small fires, smoke, and debri around her. What had happened to this place?

She then felt a warm breeze wash over her. That could only mean one thing. The human Claire's body was around. Claire whipped around searchingly frantically for her. Where could she be? And then she heard an ear aching screech and a bright light blinded her. She opened her eyes again and there were now people around her. She wasn't sure if they could see her, but she knew that Claire's body, or the banshee, was now gone. Once a human turns into a darker form, the flygia and the human can no longer exist in the same region or realm. They feel each other, but can no longer make contact with one another.

Claire sighed and looked back at the people. It appeared that most of them weren't even humans at all.
"I wonder if Ryan realizes that he's really twelve and a passenger on the Titanic." ~ A loving friend

185 Reviews

Reviews: 185
Sun Oct 28, 2007 9:12 pm
piepiemann22 says...

Dane jumped into the middle of the group. All were stuned, but one. He looked at her and she stared back. He slowly drew his sword as did she. Everyone was stunned and couldn't understand what was going on.

He ran at her and brought his sword down. She parried and tried to thrust, but Dane moved to the side and tried to lay a hook on her. She ducked and nearly took his feet out from under him, but was able tojump away in time. The girl smiled showing fangs.

Dane sighed and put his sword away. "I see you no longer have conections to heavan, so I'll be going now."
I will always fight back, no matter what.

52 Reviews

Reviews: 52
Mon Oct 29, 2007 12:57 am
ELven-Maiden says...

Helen stayed in the shadows, heart pounding. Her brother had always called it a "thief's instinct" whenever they felt something was wrong. She had found the perfect place to rob, and she had been planning for this particular night. If She turned back, there wouldn't be another chance.

But something was wrong. Something kept her frozen in the alley, hidden in shadows.

"Now I'll go," she convinced herself half-heartedly.

She didn't move.

"Fine, then," she muttered, battling with instinct. "On three. One, two, three!"

Still, she was frozen in place.

Cursing violently under her breath, she tried her best to push the frozen fear away from her. It was now or never. She'd starve if she didn't go now, or maybe she'd get caught next time when her hunger forced her to do something rash.
Give me time, i'll crit your work XD I promise.
GO HORACE!
I have some IA on Venus, but I don't know how long it'll last. my com's getting crushed.
"Show me a sane man and I will cure him for you."~Carl Jung, psychologist and psychiatrist.

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Tue Oct 30, 2007 9:57 pm
Knurla says...

( Hey Madhatter, just to let you know for next time, my character is quite the cocky one, and actually enjoys the slaughter. She wouldn't have pleaded like that. But it's ok. Oh, and my net's been down lately, but it's working now.)

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Wed Oct 31, 2007 12:02 am
Maybe says...

Sorry i havent posted anything yet. I'm just gonna watch it for a little while, if you dont mind.
Be the cartoon heart. Light a fire, light a spark. Light a fire, flame in my heart. We'll run wild, we'll be glowing in the dark.

141 Reviews

Reviews: 141
Wed Oct 31, 2007 12:23 am
MadHatter says...

(okay, I've decided to have the Banshee's be the bad guy's. We're going to sort of have to stop them after they attack again. And, I'm sorry AmberAngst if I made your character act out of character.)

Jack slowly spun around to get a good look at all the newcomers. He honestly considered killing them all, but of course he knew that would do no good. To much violence would lead to attention. Jack mentally called the werewolves of his group to inform the others that they were leaving.

"Ah ah ah. I wouldn't do that." Jack growled as he looked over at the archangel. "No one leaves here."

"Oh really?" Jack slowly slipped his scithe out.

"You know that you can't use that on me. I'm too-" He was cut off my a sudden shriek.

"Oh god. Banshees."
Voldemort: You kids! If I ever find out who's calling I will tell the wizard law and you will go to wizard jail and then I'll kill you!

Harry Potter Puppet Pals - Wizard Swears

36 Reviews

Wed Oct 31, 2007 4:16 pm

Another bright light flashed and blinded Claire again. She took a step towards the people to grab onto one of them; someone needed to guide her. But as she took the step, her feet come off of the ground. Her body felt like it was being suchtioned from the world around her.

Suddenly, Claire felt something pulling down on her and she was falling. Her stomach dropped and her hands clawed at the air around her. She let out a scream and... nothing. Nothing happened. She opened her eyes and found herself in a dark alley.

What is going on?

Claire desperately wanted to get back to the group. She needed someone to see her. To help her. She wasn't used to being a lost flygia. As she stood in the dark alley way, pleading for something to put her back where she was, faint whispers surrounded her.

She didn't notice them at first, but they seemed to grow louder and much faster as the time went on. Soon, they were so loud Claire couldn't help but hear them. She broke away from her thoughts and looked up. Off in the distance, a small blue light glowed.

A human.

To a flygia, each creature had a certain glow that could only be seen in the dark. Claire walked over to the girl and in a matter of seconds was right behind her. She wasn't sure if the girl would be able to see her, but if she did, maybe that girl could help her.

Claire reached her hand out and poked the girl in the arm. The girl yelped and turned around, fear radiating from her eyes.
"I wonder if Ryan realizes that he's really twelve and a passenger on the Titanic." ~ A loving friend

110 Reviews

Reviews: 110
Wed Oct 31, 2007 4:34 pm
TNCowgirl says...

(whose the girl???)
"And you wonder why we don't like you!" -Trumpkin
Vist my world and make it bigger!
Want a Readers crit???

36 Reviews

Wed Oct 31, 2007 6:59 pm

Helen (ELven-Maiden).

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Thu Nov 01, 2007 11:00 pm
Knurla says...

She giggled loudly, thinking of the Banshees.Silly little creatures. She turned to look at Jack, and pouted her lips playfully.

"Sorry I can't stay and chat, but I think I want to go play." The Archangel opened his mouth to object, but she slipped into the shadow form and slid out of their view before he could say anything. She slid her way through the streets, in and out of corners, sometimes just straight down the street.

"What's this?" Something caught her eye, a soul? And a human, maybe? What fun! She thought to herself, sliding over towards them. She stood at the opening of the alleyway as the shadows left her, letting her body retake it's Gothic dolly shape. She giggled as the bells on the end of tutu twinkled when she retook her shape.

52 Reviews

Fri Nov 02, 2007 12:16 am
ELven-Maiden says...

Helen spun around, frantically searching the darkness. There was nothing there.

"Paranoia," she muttered to herself, trying to turn around. But she couldn't. Then she noticed a slight haze in the shadows.

"Paranoia," she repeated, persuading herself. She failed miserably.

Nerves pulled too tight, Helen bent to collect the knife in her boot. "Who touched me?" she called into the darkness.
Give me time, i'll crit your work XD I promise.
GO HORACE!
I have some IA on Venus, but I don't know how long it'll last. my com's getting crushed.
"Show me a sane man and I will cure him for you."~Carl Jung, psychologist and psychiatrist.

36 Reviews

Fri Nov 02, 2007 12:53 am

"My name is Claire. Who are you?"

The girl in front of claire shouted into the alleyway. "Who's there? Show yourself!"

Claire stomped her foot. "I'm Claire. I've told you that!"

The girl began to back up, taking a swing into the dark. The blade sliced right through Claire's face. A sharp pain shout through her whole body and Claire reached up, trying to touch the spot where she had been hit. Of course, her body wasn't hurt, but the pain from an object passing through her was almost unberable.

"Watch where you're swinging!" Claire shouted.

Just when Claire thought the girl's eyes couldn't get any bigger, they did. They looked like they were about to fall out of her head.

Claire glared. "What? Haven't ever seen a ghost before?"

The girl didn't respond.

Claire's toned softened. "You really haven't seen a ghost, have you?"

The girl slowly lowered her knife. "Who are you?"

"My name's Claire. I'm a flygia."

The girl titled her head, baffled. "What is a fly--flig-- whatever you just called yourself?"

"It's a guardian angel. Kind of."

"So you're an angel? Am I going to die? Please, don't take me. I don't want to die yet."

"No, you're not going to die. And I said that I wasn't exactly an angel. I'm more of a protective spirit."

"Oh. So, what are you doing here?"

"Well, I'm not really sure myself." Claire gazed around the alley way. "So, what's your name?"

"My name is--" Just as the girl began to say her name, a dark grey glowing light appeared out of the corner of Claire eye.

"Shh!" Claire whispered.

"What-- why?" The girl said softly.

"There's someone else here."

141 Reviews

Reviews: 141
Sat Nov 03, 2007 3:28 am
MadHatter says...

The banshee's screeched in from all directions giving the creatures in the clearing little time to run. Some came by the air, others by foot, but all intent on eating the souls and flesh of them all. Jack and his men bolted into the woods, most screaming for mercy. Jack on the other hand already was thinking up an escape plan.

*Sorry, All I can think of right now.*
Voldemort: You kids! If I ever find out who's calling I will tell the wizard law and you will go to wizard jail and then I'll kill you!

Harry Potter Puppet Pals - Wizard Swears

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Sat Dec 22, 2007 2:34 am
Kitty says...

Name: Kisa (Key-sah)

Race: Werecat

Appearance/Picture: 1st picture Werecat form, 2nd Pic human form, 3rd pic cat form.

Personality: Smart, Stubborn, Quirky, Fun, Humorous, And she like ti play jokes on people.

History: When she was ten she was chased out of the underworld by her own parents who thought she would do better on Earth. She can transform from human to cat to werecat.
A room without books is as a body without a soul.
---Cicero

Merry Christmas Yall!!

52 Reviews

Sat Dec 22, 2007 2:49 am
Lucky_Duck says...

Name: Helene (hel-ane)

race: werewolf

description: red hair, brown eyes, tall, slim and curvy, muscular

personality: smart, funny, outgoing, mischievous, tomboy.

Hobbies: likes outside, loves running and water

History: She was abandoned when she was a child and has been on her own ever since

The last of the human freedoms is to choose one's attitudes.
— Viktor Frankl