z

Young Writers Society

YWS Wars: The Conqueror Invasion

594 Reviews

Reviews: 594
Sun Oct 14, 2007 6:06 am
Crysi says...

Callsign: Crysi

Nickname: Crys, Sami (the latter for those closest to her)

Organization: DFA for the win.

Ship/Plane: Fighter aboard the Banhammer

Important Info: Head of the Banhammer's fighter squadron when Captain Hunter isn't flying. Earned this position with her loyalty to the Captain and her deadly piloting skills.

Bio: Crysi has been with the YWS Fleet since the beginning, watching the other Fleets branch off. She worked her way up to a fairly high status with the YWS Fleet, briefly fighting for the SPEW Fleet. When Captain Hunter offered her the chance to have a good position on the Banhammer, she took it immediately.

Crysi is a natural-born warrior. Stubborn, loyal, and aggressive, she'll do anything to defend her beliefs and those she loves. This occasionally gets her into trouble, however, and her biggest flaw is being unable to ask for help when she needs it.
Love and Light

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Sun Oct 14, 2007 8:37 am
smanda4 says...

Mandy has accepted......... and joined the ranks of the wandering hangman!
"i lost a little time, now i'm a little lost"
"i did not make the world i'm just trying to live in it"

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Sun Oct 14, 2007 4:09 pm
Rydia says...

Kitty now has a name for her not quite built yet ship. It is to be called 'The Abyssal Claw' and she may be willing to take on crew members.

Oh and Kitty has links with the CRA, if that's okay with Adam and crew that is...
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

816 Reviews

Reviews: 816
Sun Oct 14, 2007 5:39 pm
Leja says...

Name: Amelia
Organization: SPEW
Bio: Although Amelia is new to the general conflict, she is ready and eager, reporting for duty sir!

267 Reviews

Reviews: 267
Sun Oct 14, 2007 6:30 pm
Someguy says...

Name: Someguy

Nickname: Some

Organization: SPEW (Booya)

Ship/plane: Serenity fighter

Bio: Someguy is an silent man with vacant eyes and a very nice deep voice.
His home city was destroyd by the conquerers. So he joined Spew so that he can avenge his family and friends.
Look at my big shiny shell...

267 Reviews

Reviews: 267
Sun Oct 14, 2007 6:33 pm
Someguy says...

Someguy goes for a meeting to discuss if he will be drafted into Adam Atlantians destroyer.
Look at my big shiny shell...

863 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 863
Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:50 pm
Griffinkeeper says...

To clarify, to be in SPEW, CCF, or DFA, you must belong in the actual usergroups. Furthermore, this will be the first encounter with the Conquerers. Nobody ever escapes...

Sorry for the confusion.
Moderator Emeritus (frozen in carbonite.)

142 Reviews

Reviews: 142
Mon Oct 15, 2007 1:17 am
Bella says...

So...when do we start?
i carry your heart(i carry it in my heart) <3

Please review my performance poem?

863 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Oct 15, 2007 2:12 am
Griffinkeeper says...

I'll be posting the intro post shortly.

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Mon Oct 15, 2007 2:58 am
Emerson says...

Name: Suzanne
Organization: YWS
Ship/Plane: Medic on the SPEW Gryphon II
Bio: Has never worked on ships as a medic before, but is hoping to be of great assistance and is fighting to be the first to autopsy and understand the biology of the enemy.
β€œIt's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

53 Reviews

Reviews: 53
Mon Oct 15, 2007 6:07 am
cheeb says...

*throws caution to the winds and posts a profile*

Name: Mattster
Nickname(s): Matt, Ster
Affiliation: Whichever Adam and the Highwind are... therefore CCF and DFA... Ster isn't picky.
Ship/Plane: A regular little fighter plane, such as 2-star people are given. "Splody", as he affectionately calls it, has peeling paint and the left indicator doesn't work, but Ster loves it anyway.
Description: A semi-hyperactive pyromaniac who spends his days on the Highwind jumping on other people's beds, breaking things and generally getting in everyone else's way. This is a fairly major problem on the battlefield; although his destructive abilities are exceptional, he doesn't pay attention to orders and causes problems for his teammates.
Motto: "If it ain't broke, it should be."
the user formerly known as chibibo

863 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Oct 15, 2007 6:17 am
Griffinkeeper says...

Grif rested in the Command Chair of the Gryphon II.

"This is a boring Birthday Party," Grif complained.

"We've rebuilt a lot, so Nate wants to celebrate with a parade," Adelaide said, making a minor course change.

A line of ships passed by the YWS Space Station, of various shapes and sizes. Some were SPEW, others were CCF, although the vast majority was YWS.

"This is still boring," Grif said.

"Get over it," Adelaide.

"You've spent too much time with Snoink," Grif muttered. A light flashed on the console and Grif sat up.

"There's a ship coming out of hyperspace on top of us. It's the SPEW Peregrine," Adelaide said. Grif pulled up one of the displays.

"She's burning for the Station." Grif frowned, you weren't supposed to move that fast near the station.

"Something bad has happened. Give me a minute to sort it out," Adelaide said, disappearing. Grif was scared. An open message came out.

"That's it for the parade, thank you all for watching," Nate said over the loud speakers.

The next moment, a message popped up.

Moderators and Jr. Mods-
<FLASH>
Immediately assemble at the moderator meeting room.

Nate.

"This is very bad," Grif said. He brought up the controls and maneuvered the Gryphon II to the nearest dock.

It took him a longer time than normal to reach the Meeting Room. Being a new ship, the Gryphon II had a crowd gathered around it's berth. However, he had managed to fight through the crowd and made it to the meeting room. He opened the door to find that the others had made it there before him.

"Have a seat Grif," Nate said. Grif took his seat. Nearby, several consoles flashed, revealing the three YWS AI's: Adelaide, Bartemius, and Fred.

"Adelaide, the presentation please," Nate said.

"This," Nate said. "Is the Writar Galaxy."

"About six days ago, the outpost was attacked and destroyed by an alien fleet. Jennafina was able to evacuate most of the staff and escape. Adelaide is currently analyzing their attack and communications. We need to let YWS know about this without creating a panic. Ideas?" Nate looked at the AI's.

"Bartemius says, "Truth is not only violated by falsehood; it may be equally outraged by silence."-Henri Frederic Amiel" Bartemius said.

"A lot of hard work," Fred said.

"Wise words my friends," Nate said.

"So, it will take a lot of hard work, but we should tell them the truth, and quickly?" Snoink said.

"We should tell them that there was an attack and that we'll need their help," Grif said.

"Shouldn't we tell them the whole truth?" Dream Deep asked.

"No," Jennafina said. "That would be too terrible."

"We'll tell them the truth, but be vague about it. Tell them we're looking for volunteers. As of right now, I'm activating wartime protocols. Firestarter?"

"I'll make an announcement."

"Adelaide?"

"I've finished my analysis of the attack and communications. The communications were the easy part: they didn't send any. This indicates a large amount of planning. They also struck from six different sectors, indicating a converging attack from all sides. They had to close their distance to destroy the outpost, so I'd say their weaponry is effective at 100 kilometers. Their ships are bulky and probably massive, that would explain the lack of maneuvering to pursue the Peregrine. Finally, I got some interesting life form readings, but I've no idea what to make of them. There isn't much more I can tell you, there just isn't enough info," Adelaide said.

"Thank you Adelaide. Send the report to all Unit Commanders and Captains. After that, work on mission assignments and PM the members."

"I'm on it," Adelaide said, disappearing.

The rest of you should go prepare your ships and crew," Nate said. Grif got up.

"Boring sounds a lot better now," Grif said.
Last edited by Griffinkeeper on Wed Oct 17, 2007 3:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

53 Reviews

Reviews: 53
Mon Oct 15, 2007 6:40 am
cheeb says...

Ants scattered as the Light of Death neared the anthill. Warriors were vaporised in a whiff of smoke as the beam passed over them, and the giant with the Magic Glass was laughing cruelly.

Or, to clarify: Mattster was burning ants with a magnifying glass and giggling like a schoolgirl. His rampage on the insects was interrupted by a beeping sound emitting from his pocket. Sighing, he dropped the magnifying glass (crushing more ants in the process) and pulled an ancient communication device, known as a "mobile phone", out of his pocket.

"What is it?? I'm killing stuff!" he shouted into the receiver. Having waited three minutes for a reply, he realised it was a text message he had recieved, and turned his eyes to the screen.

All CRA members are to report immediately to the Highwind and prepare for deployment.

"Pfft! Forget that," Ster exclaimed, preparing to throw the phone into the lake nearby. Electricity burst from the phone and surged throughout Ster's body, lightly roasting it. Coughing, he opened the phone again and continued reading the message.

Don't even think about it, Matt.

Ster sighed again, provoking another coughing fit, before stuffing the phone back into his pocket and trudging in the general direction of the CRA hangar, making sure to crush the anthill and muttering "I guess I'll be able to blow some stuff up..."
the user formerly known as chibibo

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Mon Oct 15, 2007 9:54 am
Rydia says...

As Kitty left the meeting, walking at a brisk pace down the hall, her phone began to vibrate. She withdrew it from her pocket and opened the message from Snoink -

All members of SPEW without ships are to report to the Oink Star.

Kitty paused for a moment and then began to text back - Going to see if my ship is ready. If not will be with you immediately.

She sent the message and hurried around the corner only to be informed by an AI that 'The Abyssal Claw' was still being armed and wouldn't be ready for at least another day. She nodded and proceeded to head towards the SPEW hangar where many members of the secret organisation were boarding their ships.
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

576 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 576
Mon Oct 15, 2007 10:32 am
Ego says...

Deep space.

"Hey."

I was awakened by my own voice in my ear.

"Yo. Moron. Wake up."

"Ah...yes, excuse me? We, ah...have just received a message from Fleet."

Make that three of my own voices in my ear.

"Wha--Fleet? Whazzat" I asked groggily.

"Come on now, crackhead. The sticky note says URGENT." Phoenix.

"Yes...ah...directly from Commander Caldwell, of the YWS Fleet..." Magnificent_Ego.

"Yeah man, come on! Wake up, yo." Quiz.

I opened my eyes and sat up in bed. Not for the first time, I thought Only a truly arrogant man would have three AIs aboard his ship,all modeled after various personas he'd taken on over the years as a covert agent.

"I'm up, I'm up. What's the message?" I asked.

"I dunno, jackmo. We can't open the friggin' thing," Phoenix sneered derisively, his sixteen inch tall holographic representation standing atop my nightstand with his arms crossed in front of him.

"Indeed. It is encrypted, and none of our passwords have worked," Ego's was sitting down on air, as though lounging on a sofa, cleaning his holographic glasses.

"Yeah man, it's weird. It's like he doesn't trust us, right?" Quiz was bouncing a holographic basketball ball through his legs.

I sat up in bed, dangling my feet off the edge. "Really?"

"No, genius, we're lying to you." Phoenix, of course.

"Weird," I muttered. I reached through Quiz ("Hey, watch it yo!") for the data tablet on my nightstand. "Send it through."

Instantly, the little pad lit up with an encrypted page asking for a password.

"...What the heck?"

"Don't ask me, ace. You're the human." Phoenix was, by far, the most talkative.

I pressed my thumb to the ID square on the data pad, then watched as it decrypted before my eyes.

"Well. That was easy," I said. "Aren't you guys supposed to be the smart ones?"

"Ah...well...we tried that, Donovan...it merely did not work. We used your fingerprint on file," Ego said. I could have sworn a dark blue blue had taken to his translucent features.

"Might be it needed biological data, as well," I said, waiting patiently for the data decryption.

When it finished, the four of us, as one, raised out eyebrows and scratched our chins.

"Interesting," came a chorus of replies.
Last edited by Ego on Wed Oct 17, 2007 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Got YWS? I do.

Lumi: Don't you drag my donobby into this.
Lumi: He's the sweetest angel this side of hades.

Saying Why-Double-you-Ehs is inversely like saying Ah-beh-Seh (Abc)... just say yewis it's cooler.
— Anonymous