z

Young Writers Society

Fantasy Mayhem

Random avatar

Reviews: 16
Mon Oct 08, 2007 1:59 am
KAVOR17 says...

The Start: Evil

Karklen was a menacing sight. He was 9 foot tall, had huge black wings, and burning red eyes. Even more were the small spikes that sprouted out from his face, the horns that curled upward, and the long, blade-like claws that he could use with inhuman precision.

Being a commander, Karklen made sure his soldiers feared him. Even though in the first few minutes of the battle hundreds of his warriors died by elven arrow and magic, they still pressed on.

"Kill them you useless wastes of flesh!!!" Karklen yelled. The elves had finally charged after forcing the Dark Army to a halt. Karklen focused on the front line of the elves forcing magic on them. Suddenley most of it dropped and began to scream. The elven charge slowed, then reeled when their fallen allies got back up to fight them.

An undead necromancer next to Karklen admired his handiwork when he was struck by a bolt of lightning, disinigrating. Karklen focused again on magic, he would win this battle, he must the stakes were to high.

"Let the battle be joined!" He roared just as the two front lines smashed into each other. Portals opened up in the sky and hundreds of blood-hungry imps poured out of them flying towards the elven mages and druids.

Oh, yes this battle must be won!

576 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 576
Mon Oct 08, 2007 3:21 am
Ego says...

Stern

Mortimer Stern watched the portals open and smiled grimly. The battle was not going well for the elves. It was a good thing indeed that their leaders had signed the treaty that made them allies, for their enemies were powerful indeed. He and his batallion were concealed in the forest flanking the enemy forces. Now that the melee had begun, it was the Brightblades time to shine. The enemy was distracted. They would pay for their oversight. Stern turned to face his men, five hundred of the most dedicated warriors that Veran could spare, fighting against the second front so many miles away.

"Friends--comrades--The end begins here, for the forces of Hell. They are far from home, comrades. Let us guide them back."

He turned back to face the battlefield. Stepping to edge of the treeline, he raised his aze into the air and chanted a quick prayer to Pelor. He roared the final word, and his axe flared brightly once.

"BeGONE, fell beasts...back to your own infernal existence!"

Nearly as quickly as the imps had been summoned, golden portals of light opened around them. Tendrils of blue electricity erupted from them, ensaring the imps by ankles, wrists, and waists and pulling them through the portals.

"FOR HONOR!" Stern cried out, and his men rushed past him by the dozens, blade drawn, all of them charging for the enemy forces.

Stern was right with them, his shield held protectively in front of him, Pelor's Right Hand behind him, eager for the first blow.
Got YWS? I do.

Lumi: Don't you drag my donobby into this.
Lumi: He's the sweetest angel this side of hades.

576 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Oct 08, 2007 4:58 pm
Ego says...

Grimnick

Contagion tore through the elven ranks with ease. Grimnick was pleased with the enchantment that Karklen's Warlocks had placed upon the massive khopesh: no sooner had the blade hacked through their armor than it began to rust, and when the blade contacted their skin, the disease worked its course, boils erupting over the infected area and they fell away, screaming. Those that were not yet dead would soon meet His scythe. He nearly pitied those who did not die by the sword, for the disease would be infinitely more painful.

Grimnick looked to the sky as Karklen summoned his Imps, and Grimnick knew the battle was won. The elves did not have the magical resources to counter the summons--

As quickly as the abyssal portals opened and the imp horde poured forth, golden circles of light appeared to suck them back in.

Crusaders...

Then he knew they had been duped. The elves had brought friends. From the South came a roar, calling a charge.

"ABOUT FACE!" Grimnick screamed to his company, his voice more akin to that of a lion than a man.

The undead under his command were not the highest functioning of creatures. They understood simple commands, little else. No match for a well trained batallion of Crusaders and human infantry. But the zombies were stronger, and they never tired.

"ON ME!" He screamed again, and the company turned as one to face the onrushing Crusaders.

...Morty?
Got YWS? I do.

142 Reviews

Reviews: 142
Tue Oct 09, 2007 1:31 am
Bella says...

Bella

Bella was among the first of the Mages to enter the battlefield. She watched as her fellow warriors, her friends, died beside her, and laughed mercilessly as the demons and undead were murdered by her simple magic. She had yet to unleash her true power.

She watched the ranks of the demons as she killed them off, hoping to see one person in particular.

"What are you doing? Now is not the time to be lazy!" someone screamed at her. A large bullet of magic was shooting at her, and she easily jumped over it. This couldn't be the best force the Dark Army had. Bella turned and saw the person who had been yelling at her get hit by the bullet of magic; how sad, she thought.
i carry your heart(i carry it in my heart) <3

Please review my performance poem?

142 Reviews

Tue Oct 09, 2007 1:39 am
Bella says...

Lucien

Lucien was in the very back of the army, where the most talented warlocks were. Their magic could be thrown farther, and harder, and they were more valuable than most of the soldiers. He could hear Karklen shouting, and noticed the reactions of the soldiers around him. They were utterly terrified, and with good reason. Karklen wasn't afraid to kill his own men if necessary. Lucien, on the other hand, didn't even cringe when Karklen began yelling at him.

"Lucien, what are you doing? You're more powerful than that! The stuff you dare call magic is elementary!" Karklen shouted, his ugly face looking even uglier when he was mad. Lucien rolled his eyes, the dead black that they were, and for a moment considered killing his commander. It would be easy, a simple flick of the wrist, and it would leave him as commander. No...now isn't the time to cause problems within the army...

Random avatar

Reviews: 16
Tue Oct 09, 2007 1:50 am
KAVOR17 says...

Karklen

Karklen glared at the undead warlock. He was so arrogant... this Lucion thought he could kill Karklen. Little did it matter, Karklen could defend him self if that need ever came.

"Pummel the welps with decay!" Karklen yelled as he saw his portals close from some tiny human's magic. What a stupid creature, let him see what true demonic magic could do! The great demon turned toward the humans who charged at the Dark Army's side. He rose in the air slightly as he released his spell.

Charging humans screamed as they fell into pits that opened up to bubbling pits of lava. The charging crusaders came to a halt, giving precious time for the Dark Army to recover from the surprise.

Then suddenly the human leader of the crusaders began to chant a holy spell that healed the wounded. He was bring the morale of the elves and humans to a greater height. That will not do Karklen thought.

"Lucion come!" Karklen's voice boomed over to the undead warlock.
"Yes, great one?" The undead man said with a smirk of defience across his face.
"I would like you to take the honor of killing the human crusader leader," Karklen said as he brought a claw down on a elf who almost broke through the line.
"Yes milord," Lucion's eyes gleaming with happiness. He like having the important jobs.

270 Reviews

Reviews: 270
Tue Oct 09, 2007 2:04 am
Alice says...

Gloria

Gloria watched the battle, she knew what side she was on, but she had no skills in true battle or in magic. She hated being untrained, she had been told that she had A LOT of magic, but had never been tought how to acess it. Nobody seemed to want to stick around her long enough.

The battle was a horrific sight, she had to look away. A rustling sound forced her to turn to the side and look. An injured soilder collapsed to his knees. His mouth parted as if he were pleading for assistance.

Gloria rushed to his side.

((**Anybody can make that guy their character ^.^ just remember I'm a hopeless romantic ~.^. You are warned and invited and begged and whatever else it'll take to put a guy there.**))
I just lost the game.

110 Reviews

Reviews: 110
Tue Oct 09, 2007 2:31 am
TNCowgirl says...

Senna woke up and saw the demon headed for the humen leader. She muttered a spell and the ground opened up in front of her. She jumped in it and appeared in front of the human as the demon was starting to cast a spell. She closed her eyes and they became a dark brown.

"Sintha" She hissed, the ground around her rose and flew at the demon. He jumped back just in time to keep from getting hit. His face turned uglier and he started muttering. Senna rased her hands and was soon incased by rock, it was invisible to the humen eye. She could still send spells. She looked at a tree and muttered another word it joined in the fight along with a few other trees. She sent another volley of hard dirt and rock at the undead.

* I know he can't die but I can't give him a heck of a fight and the leader of the humen's can't die either. I was getting bored in the trees. Sorry, Join the club Author13 :D, *
Last edited by TNCowgirl on Tue Oct 09, 2007 8:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"And you wonder why we don't like you!" -Trumpkin
Vist my world and make it bigger!
Want a Readers crit???

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Tue Oct 09, 2007 3:10 pm
Kyuubi says...

This sounds interesting. I'm in.

Name: Captain Jerek Morano
Race: Human
Profession: Swordsman
Looks: Tall and muscualr. Black hair and green eyes. Medium build.
Wepons: Has a medium steel round shield and a silver longsword, steel armor with red trim on the seams. Also a white leaf on the front.
Personality: Quiet, very intelligent. Was accepted to be a strategist but turned it down for the honor of battle.

43 Reviews

Tue Oct 09, 2007 3:16 pm
Kyuubi says...

Jerek

Jerek came up with a thrust through the chest of a demon. The silver burning the flesh. He pulled the blade out as a slash came across his face. Blood trickled down his face onto his armor. Why did I have to be in the first charge? he asked himself. An undead jumped onto his back and dragged him to the ground. Jerek smashed his shield across the face and sent the undead flying.

142 Reviews

Tue Oct 09, 2007 7:58 pm
Bella says...

**Ok...people keep calling me an undead...I'm A DEMON!!! Just wanted to clear that...at least, I think TN was talking about me, because I'm supposed to kill the human leader-y dude.**

LUCIEN

Lucien made his way through the hords of demons and undead, keeping his eyes focused on the human leader. He was paying no attention as Lucien approached; it would surely be an easy task.

Until the Mage jumped into the way. She was sending spells at Lucien at a quick rate, but Lucien dodged most of them easily. Lucien knew his target, and was completely prepared. He raised his hands, muttering the words to his favorite killing curse under his breath.

110 Reviews

Tue Oct 09, 2007 8:03 pm
TNCowgirl says...

* I KNEW IT, someone said you weren't so I had to change it :'(, I'll fix it again. She isn't a mage though*
Want a Readers crit???

576 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:07 pm
Ego says...

Stern

The elf appeared seemingly from nowhere. He nearly struck her down where she stood, before realizing her intent--to defend him. She wove spells effortlessly, it seemed, and it took a moment before he looked past her to see her target, a demon with murder in her eyes. Both those orbs were focused directly on Stern.

He matched the demoness' gaze and snarled, then turned to face her. He muttered a single word under his breath, and Pelor's Hand was suddenly sheathed in white flames that licked at his gauntlets but did not burn him.

Suddenly, the elf was cast aside as a ball of flame shattered her shield and threw her to the ground. She seemed unharmed, her defenses having taken the brunt of the flame.

Stern knelt beside her, muttered a prayer invoking the power of Pelor, then stood to face the demoness. He let his helmet fall to the ground in order to stare her in the face.

"You will fall, demon. Your magic is no match for the blessings of Pelor," he whispered.

With that, he charged, putting his faith in Pelor to guide and protect him. He knew his own defenses would hold, for he was yet untouched by the battle.

A trio of undead reached him before he could intercept the demoness, and he met them head on, keeping his peripheral vision on the warlock at all times--these beasts had no pretensions about killing their own.

He raised his shield high to deflect one clumsy swing from an undead hammer, then took its head from its shoulders cleanly. The corpse was quickly burned by the flames of Pelor. Leaping forward, he bullrushed the second with his shield, decimating its ribcage and dropping it to the ground before destroying the third with a backhand the incinerated it in holy flames.
Got YWS? I do.

110 Reviews

Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:26 pm
TNCowgirl says...

Senna jumped up and quickly destroyed two undead as they came at her. She threw her defenses back up they weren't as strong havng been affected from majic. She moved quickly building a dirt walk way that threw her over a group of undead that were headed for the humens. She quickly worked on fighting them. She fought forever her energy draining again but she held onto it. She pulled rocks to her and thrown them at the undead keeping an eye on the demoness and the humen leader. She put a sheild around him and locked it in. The demoness could see it and she quickly threw another ball of flame at her. Senna ducked just in time as an undead's sword hit her sheild. She hit the ground hard and pulled it over her hiding her. She fixed the shield then came out again. Would this battle never end.
Want a Readers crit???

43 Reviews

Tue Oct 09, 2007 11:28 pm
Kyuubi says...

Jerek

Jerek saw a demon approaching. More like a demoness. He saw the intended target for the demoness. It was Stern. He thrust his longsword into the chest of a demon swordsmen and watched as the silver burned through it. He raised his shield just as a warhammer was swung at his head. It hit with a clang. Jerek drew his sword and parried another blow aimed for his side. He inched his way in a circle keeping the demon in his sights but keeping Stern in his peripheral. The demon took a hacking swing down but Jerek blocked with his shield and stabbed the demon through the neck. An arrow whizzed past Jereks face knicking his cheek.

Writing is the geometry of the soul.
— Plato