z

Young Writers Society

The city of Roku

110 Reviews

Reviews: 110
Tue Oct 02, 2007 10:58 pm
TNCowgirl says...

Senna sat down next to Rouge and started calming him. But he was now looking away from the Naga and was now growling at something else. She followed his gaze and covered her mouth to keep from screaming. There was a floating skull. A gasp escaped her lips and Jamel and the Naga looked over at her. Rouge started to jump at the skull but she grabbed the scruff of his kneck. Jamel looked towards the skull and nearly jumped,

"Wh...what is it?" She asked placing herself behind Rouge. He was a big wolf and had helped her on many ocassion. She heard a sound behind her and she spun around to face a cat size dragon, he was barely visible because he bleneded in so well. She jumped away from all the other creatures. Rouge growled deep in his throat. "Shhhh, hush for now." She wispered in his ear. She wasn't called Chary for nothing.

*ok, so I hope this works :D *
"And you wonder why we don't like you!" -Trumpkin
Vist my world and make it bigger!
Want a Readers crit???

565 Reviews

Reviews: 565
Wed Oct 03, 2007 2:34 pm
Stori says...

"What a ruckus! I'm only a demidrake." Miran scornfully slid his tongue in and out. "Naga, people, and what's that?" He pointed at the floating skull.

The thing shimmered and formed a dog-like beast. It barked something which Miran took to be hello.

"Very pleasant day. Sorry I can't stop to chat." He zipped under the Naga's arm and was gone.
"The one thing you can't trade for your heart's desire is your heart."
Miles Vorkosigan

"You can be an author if you learn to paint pictures with words."
Brian Jacques

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Wed Oct 03, 2007 4:00 pm
death5614 says...

Jamel looked at the skull, he knew what it was! It was a Keero! Jamel stood with fear in his eyes.

"I-I-I think we should go now!" Said Jamel.

"Why do you say that?" Said Senna, wondering.

"Erm, thats a Keero, the last time i seen one of those, 4 people died from burns, but the strange thing is, they burned from the inside out!"

"Well maybe it was just in the wrong place in the wrong time..."

"On the news, 2 Keero were spotted just before 32 people died, from BURNS!"

The strange animal stepped forward...
Im not as think as you dumb i am...

52 Reviews

Reviews: 52
Wed Oct 03, 2007 5:05 pm
SishBee says...

Name: Tease

Species: Syther

Appearance: Syther's are people with large purple eyes and long black hair. They are able to turn into snakes which are purple and black. Their blood is similar to a Naga's so they are able to become invisible. Tease is no different and is tall and skinny (all Syther's are).

Personality: Although she is constantly on her toes in case of attack, she is sharp witted and not afraid to show it. She always has an answer for everything but she is fiercly loyal to her friends and family, although she has none of either...yet.

When she is invisible, i will write in italics.

Tease was in snake form. She slowly slithered around the back of a wall and watched the scene unfold.

The Keero was nearing the strange group. Suddenly she noticed there was a Naga there.

Her forked toungue flicked at the air, she was down wind, so he might not pick up her scent if she was lucky.

She slithered closer and twisted into an S, the attck position, just in case that wolf had a go at her.

She shivered and was invisible.

She sighed as the world turned black and white. She liked it when she knew she was safe. She slithered around the feet of the wolf and towards the Naga to get a better look at him.

His toungue flicked out and she froze. Did he know she was there?

She hated people knowing she was there when she was invisible. She quickly changed into human form and stood waiting for him to say something.

~SishBee~
x
"We are all in the gutter but some of us are looking at the stars."
-Oscar Wilde

565 Reviews

Wed Oct 03, 2007 5:49 pm
Stori says...

Miran felt like he was flying through ice. What was the matter with him? He shook himself; he scratched; he even dove into a fountain. Still the odd sensation lingered.

He swore in the draconic tongue and changed course. Don't think about it. He kept telling himself that.

The feeling gradually faded. He signed with relief and perched in a tree.

Would you look at that? This is where I met those girls. He snorted in amused surprise. He should have known.
Miles Vorkosigan

Brian Jacques

110 Reviews

Wed Oct 03, 2007 6:40 pm
TNCowgirl says...

Senna stepped back in surprise, She swallowed hard and looked at the creature, she saw the girl show up and that was almost enough. Rouge growled grabbed her pants and pulled her back away from the others. She rubbed his head and stood next to him.

"How...how can they do that?" She asked Jamel, she didn't know if there was anyone there she coudl trust.
Want a Readers crit???

41 Reviews

Reviews: 41
Wed Oct 03, 2007 8:25 pm
Layleun says...

Nano chuckled, "Foolish creatures. I can understand you." She sat and wrapped her tail slowly around her paws. She gave and impish grin before starting again, "Keero's are not responsible for burns, only when we're mad. and we are not magical, we only reflect the sunlight off of our fur to burn victims."

She sighed and opened her jaw wide. The boy called Jamel looked at her with curiosity. "Why must I always be the teacher?" Nano wondered aloud.

7 Reviews

Thu Oct 04, 2007 3:54 pm
View Likes
death5614 says...

Jamel stepped towards the Keero.

"Hey there little buddy! Whats your name?" Said Jamel with a grin on his face.

...Silence...

"Well i dont think he has one..." Said Senna.

"Wait...Did he talk just a second ago???" Said Rogue, with a shocked look on her face.

"I think he did!" Said Jamel.

"Yes, yes i did..." Said Nano, quickly turning towards Rogue.

"So, what's your name?" Asked Jamel, once again.

"My name? Nano."

565 Reviews

Thu Oct 04, 2007 5:28 pm
Stori says...

"Oh, fire rats," he muttered. "This place isn't for me."

Two inquisitive wyverns kept bothering Miran. He'd told them, in Common and Draconic, that we wanted to be left alone. They just chittered.

Finally, he resorted to the rasping tongue of wyverns. "Let me go, or I'll char you both to a cinder."

They got the message. Miran was alone again.

"Well, that's that. I wonder, are there any chimeras in town?"
Miles Vorkosigan

Brian Jacques

52 Reviews

Reviews: 52
Thu Oct 04, 2007 6:20 pm
SishBee says...

Tease walked away from the crowd, she didn't like it very much and turned back into a snake.

She slithered away silently, knowing that the others were all too taken up with the Keero to hear her and she made her way out to a tree.

Tease liked the look of a branch about half way up and she slithered slowly up the trunk.

She shook off the invisibility and curled up in the sun.

"Oi! I want to be left alone. Is that too much to ask?"

"Hey. I am not bothering you." She lifted her head to see who had inturupted her sunbathing.

A demidrake glared at her just a little down the branch.

"Stupid snakes. Think they can do anything."

"I am not a sssnake! I am a Sssyther." She turned back into a girl and the demidrake did a funny back sumasault in shock.

She turned back into a snake and slithered across the branch towards him.

He held his ground and she stopped just in front of him.

~SishBee~
x
"We are all in the gutter but some of us are looking at the stars."
-Oscar Wilde

41 Reviews

Reviews: 41
Thu Oct 04, 2007 7:35 pm
Layleun says...

Nano snorted, "He is not a he, he is a she, first of all."

Jamel interrupted, "Wait, I thought there could only be boy Keero's. Are you sure you're a girl?"

Nano rolled her eyes, "Are you sure you're a male?" she retorted, "How do you think we populate?"

"Well," started Jamel.

"Wait! I don't even want to hear you ridiculous theory. Let's just say this; My name is Nano, I can speak, I don't burn your insides unless I'm mad, I am female, and I don't know why I'm congregating with fools."

Nano stood slowly and took long strides down the road, away form the children. She rattled her head back and forth, feeling her skull shift slightly. Her large ears stood pricked incase anyone tried to follow.

7 Reviews

Thu Oct 04, 2007 10:32 pm
death5614 says...

"Well, that was quite unpleasant" Said Jamel, chuckling slightly. "Wow the first time i've laughed in ages! A FEMALE Keero! I thought they were Asexual"

(asexual=can repopulate on his/her own)

*sorry it was short!*

110 Reviews

Thu Oct 04, 2007 10:39 pm
TNCowgirl says...

*hahaha, just learned that in biology, and Rouge is a wolf*

"Well that was kinda rude," She said stroking Rouge's head.

*Sorry, don't have that much.*
Want a Readers crit???

565 Reviews

Fri Oct 05, 2007 5:47 pm
Stori says...

Miran was totally humiliated. Scared by a shapeshifter? Spineless lizard.

He growled at her, "Next time, warn me. I'm very jumpy." He fanned his wings and started to take off.

"Wait. What's your name?"

"It's Miran. Goodbye."

"I'm Tease."

"Oh. Well it was nice meething you Tease."

"Aw, c'mon. I'm not that bad, am I?"

"That's not the point. I like to be alone."

Tease stepped on his tail. "Listen, Mr. Antisocial, that's rude. You can't just fly off like that."

"Who says?"

"Life says! Society says! Grow up, drake."

Miran hissed at her. "Leave- me- alone."

In a huff, Tease let him go.
Miles Vorkosigan

Brian Jacques

7 Reviews

Sat Oct 06, 2007 1:08 am
death5614 says...

Jamel stepped towards the tree that Tease was in. Not knowing what was in it, he just felt as if he should walk there.

"What type of tree is this? I keep getting this strange feeling we're being watched. And its coming form this direction! And im one-third canine so i can sense things better." Said Jamel, showing off a little.

"Well, if your done showing off can we continue?" Said Senna.

"Oh, yea! We got to figure out how to get off this rock!" Replied Jamel with a smile on his face.

"I think i can be a little help there!" Replied a man in a set of robes.

"And who are you?" Asked the Naga. Slithering towards the man, slowly and menacingly.

"Do not try to intimidate me, serpent, I've seen worse things than a snake with arms and an attitude..." Said the old man, grinning at the thought of his own joke.

“Sorry about the blood in your mouth. I wish it was mine. I couldn't get the boy to kill me, but I wore his jacket for the longest time.”
— Richard Siken