z

Young Writers Society

In Search of One's Soul

27 Reviews

Reviews: 27
Wed Sep 19, 2007 5:03 pm
BlackDove says...

i woke up. it must a been a few days after my attack. my deamon lay beside me stiring feebly. he squeaked and righted himself, beating his tiny wings experimentally. i smiled. he seemed fine. a lot of feather were missing underneath his left wing and he prabably wouldn't be able to fly for a long time but he was alive and kicking and, it seemed, so was i. i sat up, rubbing my head and looking around me. i was in a soft clean bed in a white room with large windows that let in a lot of light. i felt safe, comfortable.

the door opened and someone came in, looking round the door tentitively in case i was still asleep. i waved, smiling. it was my saviour, to whom i was incredably thankfull.

"you're awake!" she grinned and my smile widened.

"yes... thank you... erm..."

"Senna... and my deamon's Crest."

a fine looking hawk swooped from her shoulder to the bed where he greeted Sy politely. Crest's tail feathers looked as though they had been dipped in blood.

"i'm Darci." i explained. "i'm sorry to be such a burden to you. thank you so much for..."

"oh no!" she intterupted me. "it's fine. it was the least i could do. i mean, i couldn't excactly leave you!"

the door creaked and someone's deamon walked in. a beautiful white tiger, looking carefully up at me. the young man to whom it belonged stepped in after it. he had the same graceful majestic features and certainly the same careful look of concern.

"so she's awake...?" he said, his face breaking into a relieved smile.

"this is Kyles and Seline. they found you just after me and they've been coming round to my house every day to check on you."

"jeez..." i murmured. "i didn't know i would be so much trouble"

"go tell Ebony and Ginger that she's up." Senna told the pair. they both nodded and left, shutting the door quietly behind them.

Ebony... he was another boy who had found me. i remembered him. maybe when i was half concious. i got a vision of longish blonde hair, and shining blue eyes and at his side a frightened looking golden retreiver dog, it's ears back and pawing the ground nervously.

"we'll get everyone together and you can tell us about the poeple who attacked you..." Senna informed me gently.

i swallowed. i could barely remember anything. and my insides were howling with hunger. i hoped "everyone" would bring food!

NOTE - if you are struggling to fit yourself in, you can be a bad guy if you like, that is someone who attacked me... every story needs good bad guys and this one's no exception.
i actually enjoy editing poeples stories - so if you would like me to edit your story, please send me a PM. I think it would be easier than me simply criting your work and certainly much more thourough!

22 Reviews

Reviews: 22
Wed Sep 19, 2007 11:30 pm
darchoco says...

Kyles sat down on Seline, shaking his head.

"Count me out of the meeting. Seline and I do not wish to be apart of this. We are releived that you are okay. However, we work alone."

Senna stepped in their way, glaring into his eyes. "So you are just going to leave her, making it possible for any one of us to get attacked by the gang?"

Kyles let out an exasperated sigh. "I didn't say that. I won't let that happen. However, I do not wish to be around with you."

Seline gently lifted her paw and pushed Senna aside. With a low growl, she leapt out, her padded feet hitting hard against the pavement.

must we always do that? Seline whispered in his mind. I mean, Senna was pretty cute.

Kyles chuckled, giving his daemon a soft scratch between the ears. "As right as you may be, we don't work that way. Besides, I think we will see them again."
if you were to die today, would you be able to tell yourself that you did everything you wanted and everything you could?
life is a puzzle. want to put it together with me?

185 Reviews

Reviews: 185
Wed Sep 19, 2007 11:43 pm
piepiemann22 says...

Jason was standing on the terrace outside the window as Kyles and Seline jumped out the window. Smiling he said, "forget him, he's just afraid of being attached to people."

A girl ran to the window and looked over to see him standing there, "Who are you?"

"A friend." Jason hoped inside with Alison on his shoulder, "Like those two were loners. he told me about what happened and I've been keeping watch in case those guys came back." He looked at the bed to see the girl sitting there. Smiling he gave a small bow, "My name is Jason, and this is Alison."
I will always fight back, no matter what.

110 Reviews

Reviews: 110
Thu Sep 20, 2007 1:59 am
TNCowgirl says...

Senna watched Kyles go with Seline and frowned,

'Why do you seemed so concerend that he left?' Crest asked,

"I'm not sure," She wispered softly leaving the room so she could talk to Crest.

'It wouldn't seem you have finally become found of someone?' Crest laughed,

"Ha, me? Crest you are out of your mind." She said quickly putting some food in the oven.

'Your right I'm in yours.' He laughed, Senna rolled her eyes, 'I still think you do.'

"I still think you are talking about the wrong person."

'Then why aren't you looking at me?' He demanded,

"Cause I don't want to burn myself," She lied.
"And you wonder why we don't like you!" -Trumpkin
Vist my world and make it bigger!
Want a Readers crit???

27 Reviews

Thu Sep 20, 2007 3:44 pm
BlackDove says...

the fox, Alison curled her tail round Jasons neck fondly. i was a little surpirsed at the bow. but he smiled happily at me and i couldn't help smiling back. he seemed charming enough.

"hello..." i murmered. "i'm Darci, this is Sy..." i stroked my falcons chest soothingly. "i'm so grateful that you thought me worth all this trouble. i mean, to watch over me like this..." i blushed.

"no trouble at all," he told me, his smile widening and his eyes gleaming, before he grew serious suddenly, his smile slipping. "do you remember anything...? any faces? names even?"

I bit my lip. "some of it. their were five of them. four were masked. i only saw the ring leaders face. ginger hair, didn't see his eyes. he was tall... at least a little taller than me and thin. the others called him Snake... but then that can't be his real name. probably just a nickname..."

i could see it all now. his sneering face as he took my money, and the other thing. something more precious to me than anything. and he had taken it! i felt so desolate, so angry at them... my hands clenched into fists.

"his deamon was a snake. the rest of them were different species of wolf i think. one wa black, another slightly red in colour. one, belonging to a girl was pure white and beautiful. but they all snarled and barked and snapped at my Sy..." i ruffled his feathers and he nipped my fingers with his beak affectionately. "but he was too fast. this is... until one of them got his wing." i looked up at Jason. "i was on the ground by then... i don't remember that much after that..."

he nodded, his frown deepening while he thought through all this intently.
i actually enjoy editing poeples stories - so if you would like me to edit your story, please send me a PM. I think it would be easier than me simply criting your work and certainly much more thourough!

185 Reviews

Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:46 pm
piepiemann22 says...

Jason leaned against the wall thinking. Snakes gang huh. I wish it was someone else. Looking at her again she seemed a little worried, but he gave he a slight smile that seemed to calm her. Walking over he petted the falcon's chest. "I'm glad you're okay."

"So, you're a wanderer, why?"

He looked at her, his eyes trying to mask his sarrow. Tacking at seat on his bead he said, "Something in my past made me want to leave a fixed life behind."

"What was it?" she put her hand on his.

"Maybe some day I'll tell you, but not now. You need to rest."

22 Reviews

Thu Sep 20, 2007 11:00 pm
View Likes
darchoco says...

Kyles looked around the deserted part of the town, the dilapidated buildings loaming over them like sickly shadows. Very few people wandered the streets; deamons were even scarcer, either hidden or gone. Kyles couldn't hide his secret wish to help all these people.

all in good time. Seline's soothing feline voice pricked in his mind. Besides, this place is too foreboding. Some of it is too late to save.

Nodded sadly, Kyles agreed. "Besides, we just need to find a couple of punks who might know something."

As if on cue, a punk teenager with a purple mohawk and nosering came wandering out of one of the many alleyways, a black wolf deamon in tow.

"Looks dumb enough." Kyles chuckled, and Seline's chest rumbled with laughter.

She plodded quickly over, cutting off the punk's path.

"What you want, idjit?" He hissed, letting a sneer creep up his face.

Kyles leaned down, and whispered in Seline's ear, "Let's rough them up a bit."

Without warning, Seline, flipped Kyles off her back and launched at the wolf, pinning it down. Kyles, instantly reacting, flipped and landed on top of the purple mohawk punk. He quickly twisted him into an inescapable headlock.

"We are looking for some information." Kyles hissed. "And you better hope you have it."
if you were to die today, would you be able to tell yourself that you did everything you wanted and everything you could?

110 Reviews

Thu Sep 20, 2007 11:06 pm
TNCowgirl says...

Senna walked back into the room and handed out food.

"I hope y'all are hungry." She smiled, Jason smiled, as did Darci. "I'm gonna go out, there is more food in the refridgerator, and everything else should be found easily." She smiled,

"Where are you going?" Darci asked,

"For a walk, you rest up some more." She smiled and left before either could protest. Crest carefully landed on her shoulder.

'Where are we going?' He asked,

"To see if we can figure anything out, I don't want to make her talk about it. Plus, I don't like being trapped in that house for so long." She smiled,

'Whose the daemon here, me or you?' Crest laughed, he always teased her about her restless feet.

"Oh hush," She laughed,
Want a Readers crit???

22 Reviews

Fri Sep 21, 2007 3:10 am
darchoco says...

"What are you talking about?"the punk cried pathetically. Kyles crushed his head even harder.

"Think really carefully. You and your cronies beat up a helpless her and her deamon. Where are the rest of you?"

The punk's face was as purple as his hair. "T-they followed... the guys who saved her... they are going to attack them now... see if they have anything valuable."

He fell limp. Seline let out a growl, and with a heavy swipe, knocked the deamon senseless as well.

Kyles jumped on her back. "No time for talk, lets move!"

110 Reviews

Fri Sep 21, 2007 1:22 pm
TNCowgirl says...

'Senna, get back to the house now.' Crest squealed,

"Why?" Senna asked looking at the bird,

'It isn't safe, I got this feeling.' He pulled at the back of her shirt with his tallons. They turned around and Senna saw the gang that had attacked the girl walking towards her house. She took off at a dead run Crest flying over her. She held a knife hidden in her hand just incase she needed to use it. 'Go around the back so you don't run into them.' Crest demanded,

"No, they probably aren't going in the house, we'll be fine." She hoped out loud.

'SENNA, your putting yourself in danger.' Crest hissed,

"I'll be fine, I have to make sure the two in the house are too, and getting to the back door will take longer then just going in the front."
Want a Readers crit???

185 Reviews

Fri Sep 21, 2007 7:59 pm
piepiemann22 says...

Jason stood by the bedroom door as Darci slept. Smiling he let out a thankful sigh. "I'm glad she's going to be okay."

Getting attached are we? Asked Alison rubbing her tail on his leg.

"Who asked you?"

Alison just jumped up onto his should and rubbed his face with hers. Jason scratched her ears happy she was there with him. Suddenly he got a bad feeling as did Alison. Turning he saw a knife flying at him. Doadging it he lost his balance and a man came at him with another knife.

The man tried to stab him, but Jason put his arms up so it couldn't reach his face. Falling to the floor he held the man above him. To the side of him Alison was fighting a black wolf, avoiding it's attacks being as agile as she is.

Flipping the man over his head with his foot he picked up the other knife that was thrown at him. he stabbed the man before he himself was impaled. The wolf let out a moan before collapsing to the ground. Then Jason heard Darci scream.

27 Reviews

Fri Sep 21, 2007 8:18 pm
BlackDove says...

It was him. it was one of them! one of my attackers. Jason held a knife in his hand, dripping with shockingly scarlet blood. the attacker lay on the floorm still and white. his deamon desolved in a wisp of black smoke and was gone.

then out of nowhere came the shattering of glass as the window smashed. a man was on top of me before i could rejester it. i barely had time to scream before his cold hand was over my mouth and a knife was at my throat. my eyes swiveled round, taking in the sight of my poor Sy pinned to the ground by a vast hairy wolf. he squeakedm terrified as the wolf bared it's teeth evilly.

i struggled but it was no use, i was still far too weak to fight off another attck so soon after the last.

110 Reviews

Fri Sep 21, 2007 8:25 pm
TNCowgirl says...

Senna ran into the house at the scream and to Darci, Crest was quickly on the wolf's back and started attacking it. Senna had a knife in her hand in an instint and jumped at the guy on Darci. He swung his arm around and threw her back against the wall. The breath was knocked out of her and pain shot through her body. Crest squealed and she got up quickly and jumped towards him again and this time caught his arm with the knife but was thrown back again.

'Be careful, Senna.' Crest sqealled,

"I know." SHe said quickly watchign out for the man.
Want a Readers crit???

185 Reviews

Fri Sep 21, 2007 10:17 pm
piepiemann22 says...

Jason watched as Senna was thrown against the wall again. Picking up the knife again he paried the attack and the stood eye to eye. Jason motioned for Alison to help fight the wolf. She bit into it's neck making the man flinch.

Jason took this chance and rushed the guy. They both brought their knifes down upon one another, but only one fell. Jason leened against the wall as the man slowly slid to the ground. Holding the top of his shoulder he asked, "Is everyone alright?"

110 Reviews

Fri Sep 21, 2007 10:22 pm
TNCowgirl says...

"I'll survive, but there have to be more, that was only two or three of them." Senna wispered trying to regain her breath. Crest tiredly limped over to her and they both caught their breath. "THanks," She leaned her head on the wall and gasped for air. "Lets just hope the others don't show up."

*sorry, I don't have long right now*
Want a Readers crit???

You own everything that happened to you. Tell your stories. If people wanted you to write warmly about them, they should have behaved better.
— Anne Lamott