z

Young Writers Society

The Alpha Galaxy

22 Reviews

Reviews: 22
Tue Sep 11, 2007 10:09 pm
darchoco says...

"The silver legion will be glad to know you have escaped and are doing well."
Pressing a button on the side of my headband, a glowing blue screen popped in front of my head. "Will just inform them that you are here with me..."

"Are you happy to see me?" Kari said suddenly. I looked at her, faking befuddlement.

"Obviously. You are an important person to the Silver Legion." I tried to turn back to the computer, but her piercing eyes kept on me.

"I don't mean the silver legion, I mean you."

Hesitant to answer, a looked her up and down briefly, ignoring the sudden burst of emotion in me. "Yeah." I said casually.

"Umm..." I had forgotten the boy was still there. "My mother has just been sold."

I immediately turned the computer screen off. "Shit!"

Pulling a smoke grenade out of my vest, I looked back at Kari. "Could you watch over the boy please? I have a job to do."

The pin flew to the side, and a let the grenade fly. removing my gunblades from their belts, I ran out into the smoke before she could answer.
if you were to die today, would you be able to tell yourself that you did everything you wanted and everything you could?
life is a puzzle. want to put it together with me?

185 Reviews

Reviews: 185
Wed Sep 12, 2007 12:22 am
piepiemann22 says...

Alex stood in the communication tent waiting for a reply from the man in the field Serric. He was to report soon and Alex was getting anxious. Tapping his foot the worker at the computer seemed to become afraid. Alex put his hand on his shoulder. He looked back but calmed down when he saw he wasn't in trouble.

A beeping sounded from the computer and the boy turned around, but before he could do anything the screen went black. Alex asked what happened and the boy examined the terminal. He replied, "There's nothing wrong here, something must have happened to Serric."

Alex spun around and went to exit the tent, "Inform the other commanders of this. I'm going to find out what happened."
I will always fight back, no matter what.

110 Reviews

Reviews: 110
Wed Sep 12, 2007 12:54 pm
TNCowgirl says...

Senna

Senna followed Lethero out of the building.

"Where are we going?" She asked,

"Don't worry about that, just stay with me and act like normal." He replied. She followed and every time a were wolf would look at her she wanted to look away and run. But she always remembered she was now acting like a full blood were wolf. They walked past the auction blocks and her heart sank. There were more people being sold. She didn't know any of them. SHe didn't really know anyone, but it still killed her to know she was getting away and they couldn't no matter what.
"And you wonder why we don't like you!" -Trumpkin
Vist my world and make it bigger!
Want a Readers crit???

41 Reviews

Reviews: 41
Wed Sep 12, 2007 7:32 pm
Layleun says...

Alice casually walked along the auction lines. People being sold like pigs, disgusting. She brushed a lock of her curly, now white hair behind her left ear. Her eyes scanned the area around her, looking for Lethero. She shoved her hands in her pockets and pushed on. She hurried past the line of humans and half breeds being sold, all shackled together. Her right hand instinctively went up to her own neck where a large metal collar encircled her neck.

Alice started to jog along the line until she reached the outskirts of the trading grounds, collar bumping her neck and shoulders. She stopped behind an empty warehouse and glanced around. Quietly she started thinking like a wolf. Alice's transformation was a bit faster than the average half breed time but it still took a while to shift into a wolf. Her bones cracked as they reshaped themselves into the right position. Her collar seemed to shrink as her neck grew into it.

When she was finished she scratched her bleach white fur and surveyed the area. Finally. she thought to herself, she smelled Lethero and someone following him. She took off at a run, following the scent they'd left behind. She ran for ten minutes until she found Lethero pulling along a half breed. Alice slowed and trotted up to Lethero. She followed along noiselessly until Lethero grunted at her.

"And who are you, dog?"

Alice rolled her eyes and barked a high pitched yip. Lethero stopped for a minute and looked her over. When his eyes met hers recognition spread over his face, "What did you do to yourself?"

She draped her paw over her nose as a sign of concealment. He gave a short, ah, and walked on. Alice trotted after him and cocked her head towards the girl when he looked at her.

52 Reviews

Reviews: 52
Wed Sep 12, 2007 8:01 pm
SishBee says...

Kari stood with the boy who was hopping nervously from one foot to the other.

"Stay stil!"

"But, my mother, what is happening?" He craned his neck trying to see around her, but she made sure that he couldn't see the scene unravelling.

"Wait! Be patient child!"

He looked a little shocked and then shut up. He looked around the rest of the alcove and then tried to rush past Kari. "Not so fast." She grabbed him by the collar. "Nice try." She dragged him right back into the alcove and dropped him firmly on the ground.

"Kari." She snapped around at the sound of Serrics voice. "Your mother is waiting outside." He adressed the boy. His breathing was heavy and he was cut on his forehead. The boy ran straight out of th alcove.

"We need to get out of here now. They will be swarming on this place soon."

Serric nodded. "I know a place. We won't be able to get back to the headquarters, but we will be able to reach a small safe-house. We will make contact with the others there."

Kari looked down for a second, bracing herself for what was to come. Then she looked up, her eyes steeled. "Lets go."

She grabbed his hand as they ran out of the alcove and into the still smokey alley.

~SishBee~
x
"We are all in the gutter but some of us are looking at the stars."
-Oscar Wilde

169 Reviews

Reviews: 169
Wed Sep 12, 2007 8:27 pm
Lethero says...

After an hour of walking I stopped in front of a metal wall. "What're we..." Senna began to ask but I held up my hand. I tapped the metal twice and a loud noise like a bee sounded from it.

Then I grabbed Senna by her paw and pulled her through the wall into the base of The Silver Legion. "How..." Senna said, "what you do?"

"Hologram," I replied as the actual metal door slowly closed behind us. "Come on."
Fly, Fight, Win . . . in Air, Space, and Cyberspace.
-Air Force Mission Statement-

Integrity First
Service Before Self
Excellence In All We Do
~Air Force Core Values~

*Lethero*

22 Reviews

Wed Sep 12, 2007 8:32 pm
darchoco says...

They dodged through alleyways as alarms shot off. Werewolves in official looking uniforms passed by them just as they were able to hide in the darkness.
"This isn't good." Serric said. "There are way too many of them for what i had caused."

"You there!"

Kari let two daggers whirl and implanted them in the werewolf officer. "We got to keep moving."

Serric nodded, removing the gunblades from his belt. "The safe house isn't much farther. But we are going to have to fight our way through this. You ready?"
if you were to die today, would you be able to tell yourself that you did everything you wanted and everything you could?

52 Reviews

Reviews: 52
Wed Sep 12, 2007 8:48 pm
SishBee says...

Kari didn't bother answering she ran forwards throwing knives everywhere. Serric smiled, she hadn't let that talent die.

Kari slashed a werewolfs throat and thrust both knives backwards behind her into an oncoming werewolf. She could see Serric's form taking down a large dog werewolf and she smiled at him for a moment as their eyes locked. Then they were fighting again. Kari pulled a knife out of her boot and slashed another werewolf straight through the stomach.

She saw the gap and ran for it. Serric was slightly ahead of her. She caught up and he grabbed her hand as they dashed towards the safe house. Kari deflected a spear as it flew towards them using one of her long knives.

Serric shouted "Dive!" at her. And she did. They diserpeared through the ground and down into a cavern. They lay on the floor breathing heavily as the metal trap door slid shut over them.

~SishBee~
x
"We are all in the gutter but some of us are looking at the stars."
-Oscar Wilde

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Wed Sep 12, 2007 9:15 pm
Kyuubi says...

I've been meaning to join this. Does anyone mind? I'll just post my characters bio for now.

Name: Whisper
Race: Half-Breed
Rank: Captain in the Army but is really a spy and member of the Silver Legion.

Looks: She looks like Layleun's but instead of the blue, Whisper has red markings. She wears armor when she is the spy. Think of the Covenant Elite's armor from Halo 2 but made for a wolf. (Wolf) When in human form she has shoulder length black hair, she's tall and muscular with yellow/gold eyes.

185 Reviews

Thu Sep 13, 2007 12:37 am
piepiemann22 says...

(You guys keep moving, how do I bring in my character? I know!)

Alex watched from above as the three ran threw the allies fighting for their lives. Slowly jumping from roof to roof he took out is pulse action rifle and cocked the blaster clip into place. As the two made it into the safe house a small group of werewolves swarmed the entrance.

Jumping down he let his rifle do the talking. Unloading the clip every single one fell but one. It rushed Alex and hit him in the gut, but he grabbed it's arm. Smiling, he raised his pistol and shot it in the mouth.

Coughing, he put his pistol in it's holster, the rifle on his back. Holding his stomach he opened the safe house door to have a knife at his neck.

110 Reviews

Reviews: 110
Thu Sep 13, 2007 2:04 am
TNCowgirl says...

**I'll be gone for a while, keep me alive please**
"And you wonder why we don't like you!" -Trumpkin
Vist my world and make it bigger!
Want a Readers crit???

22 Reviews

Fri Sep 14, 2007 12:47 am
darchoco says...

"Who are you?" Kari whispered threateningly to the unknown visitor.

He quickly held his hands. "A friend. One the silver legion sent looking for Serric..."

Muffled voices came from the outside. Kari quickly covered the new one's mouth.

"Where'd they go?" I managed to make out. Everything else was inaudible to me, and unnecissary. All I had needed to know was that they had not spotted the safe house, nor us.

As I tried to move, my left rib screamed out in pain. I groaned, trying hard to stifle myself. Kari cast me a warning glance, pressing a finger to her lips.

Clawed paws dug around the surrounding area for only a few more seconds, only for the group to move on.

Kari let a sigh of relief, and a replied with an exasperated groan.

"They knew what was going to happen," I gasped, holding onto my bruised side. "And I have a screwed up rib to prove it."

Kari crawled over to me. "Let me see it."

before I could comply, she lifted my shirt up, sending little shivers down my spine.

She carefully fingered the bruising area, pressing only slightly to cause me as little pain as possible.

"Lucky you, being tough as hell." she said snidely. "Otherwise, the rib would have been snapped. But its a good bruise."

"I noticed," I muttered, getting to my feet. I brushed the collected dirt off my body, and did a quick scan of our surroundings. We were in a thin cavern, lit dimly by bulbs overhanging the path. One way, the way we had came in, was completely blocked. The other way, however, led straight to where we needed to go.

I finally noticed who the new person was.

"Alex."

Alex nodded a greeting. "good to see you still alive, Serric."

"There's a small control center down this cave." I stated. "There's always at least one person from the silver legion there that can connect us to the main gropu. I need to report that we have a betrayer."
Last edited by darchoco on Fri Sep 14, 2007 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

185 Reviews

Fri Sep 14, 2007 12:51 am
piepiemann22 says...

(Um, my post made it so I'm with you guys. I'm in the safe house with you and i killed the werewolves. READ ABOVE!)

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Fri Sep 14, 2007 8:18 pm
Kyuubi says...

"You have failed me, Captain. I will not tolerate future failures. You are dismissed until futher orders." Whisper strode out of the light her white, shiny armor glinting. It was getting harder to disguise herself as a spy now that the Legion has been getting successful in their actions. She opened the door to the chamber and walked out into the sunlight. She looked to her right and saw a comotion down the road.
"What's going on? The only thing down there is an old out of commision control center," she said to herself. She headed there to check it out.

22 Reviews

Fri Sep 14, 2007 10:25 pm
darchoco says...

*sorry about that. I edited you in*

A thing of beauty is a joy forever; its loveliness increases...
— John Keats