z

Young Writers Society

The black magicians

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Wed Aug 29, 2007 12:40 am
EmiSukotto16 says...

((I think I'll come in a little bit later. Do we need a DT?))
Llama 1:"Shh! Do you hear that? That's the sound of forgiveness."
Llama 2:"That's the sound of people drowning, Carl!"
Llama 1:"That is what forgiveness sounds like; screaming and then silence."

185 Reviews

Reviews: 185
Wed Aug 29, 2007 12:41 am
piepiemann22 says...

It comes up for me DM, does anyone else have the problem? Try again www.rikos.net/quizpic/mercenary.jpg
I will always fight back, no matter what.

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Wed Aug 29, 2007 12:43 am
EmiSukotto16 says...

((I got it...if it doesn't work the first time, try "Refresh"))
Llama 1:"Shh! Do you hear that? That's the sound of forgiveness."
Llama 2:"That's the sound of people drowning, Carl!"
Llama 1:"That is what forgiveness sounds like; screaming and then silence."

110 Reviews

Reviews: 110
Wed Aug 29, 2007 12:45 pm
TNCowgirl says...

*someone post somethin*
"And you wonder why we don't like you!" -Trumpkin
Vist my world and make it bigger!
Want a Readers crit???

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Wed Aug 29, 2007 10:20 pm
Maybe says...

I dont know what to put, and Piep, it still wouldnt work. :(
Be the cartoon heart. Light a fire, light a spark. Light a fire, flame in my heart. We'll run wild, we'll be glowing in the dark.

110 Reviews

Wed Aug 29, 2007 10:25 pm
TNCowgirl says...

"Who are you?" Zeri asked the stranger. Zana looked up at the man and looked him over. He didn't look to much like a threat.

"what happened to her?" Zana asked looking at the girl then back up at the man.

*Ok, does that help?*
Want a Readers crit???

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Wed Aug 29, 2007 10:44 pm
Maybe says...

Sure does. Thanks TN.
--------------------------------

Tanin gestured vaguely with a careless hand. "I was walking down the path when i saw a light and heard a crash. I ran to investigate and found her, about to be attacked by the black robe. By the way...where IS blackie?" he looked around warily into the surrounding forest.

*I kinda dont know what else to put....*
Be the cartoon heart. Light a fire, light a spark. Light a fire, flame in my heart. We'll run wild, we'll be glowing in the dark.

110 Reviews

Wed Aug 29, 2007 10:51 pm
TNCowgirl says...

Zeri

Zeri looked around, the thought that something could be out there that would hurt his sister was a very unnevering thought.

"You wouldn't mind going some place else would you?" He asked the man, Zana looked around her eyes searching every little spot she could see.

"What are you talking about?" He asked.

"Zeri, he's coming back." Zana wispered. A blue ball shot out of the woods and hurled at Zana. She spread her wings wrapping them around the girl and her. The ball bounced off of them sending them a few feet away from where she had been.
Want a Readers crit???

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Thu Aug 30, 2007 9:30 pm
Rydia says...

Kiara

I heard the scream but it was the others I hunted. The black magicians were the ones I wanted to find and my instincts suggested that they were further East. I began to hurry that way but then I hesitated. Over the years I have developed a strange ability to distinguish the aura of a black magician from that of a normal person even if they are still a good hours walk away. Most of the black magicians were further East but there was one still there.

Normally I would have gone after the larger group but I could hear raised voices and I'd hate to think that I left people to die when I could have prevented it. They weren't far and I found the black magician first; skulking in the trees not far from them, waiting for the moment to strike. Silently I raised my hand and summoned fire to kill the creature.
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

110 Reviews

Sun Sep 02, 2007 4:12 pm
TNCowgirl says...

Zana

Zana's wings hurt, she kept them wrapped around her and the girl tightly though listening for anything. She could feel Zerri close by, but now htere was someone new. The thing that had attacked the girl was gone though, she couldn't feel it anymore. She slowly unwrapped her wings and Zeri walked over quickly to see if she was ok.

"Its gone, but there is someoen else." She said,

*Don't let it die y'all*
Want a Readers crit???

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Sep 02, 2007 6:25 pm
Rydia says...

Kiara

I smiled grimly as I watched the creature take its final breath and then I turned to go but I paused to listen to the voices of the creature's victims.

"It's gone, but there is someone else," A female voice stated.

"Someone else? What's that supposed to mean?" A male voice asked as I edged towards them and spotted the small group through a gap in the trees.

"I think she means me," I answered, stepping out of the shadows. They all drew back in surprise.
Writing Gooder

36 Reviews

Reviews: 36
Thu Sep 06, 2007 2:17 am
motherflippinflapjacks says...

Name: Althea
Height: 4'3"
Weight: 72 lbs.
Hair Color: Auburn
Eye Color: Grey
Race: Young Forest Nymph
Appearance: Has auburn hair pulled into a bun, with whisps loose by her ears. Wears a dress of leaves, that has thin straps at the shoulders and comes all the way down to her feet. Wears no shoes.
Weapons: Uses her powers over the elements in the forest do defend herself.
Personality: Is extremely friendly, bubbly and trusting. Loves to help people, and loves to be around people. Never attacks first; only uses her powers to defend herself or those around her.

Althea sat on a tree limb, above the scene. She couldn't believe what had just unfolded before her eyes. All of that fighting wasn't normal for these woods. Why was it all of a sudden happening?

She was even more scared of the fact that there were black magicians in the area. Her race had had many encounters with the black magicians, and they never turned out well. Usually, some of her people ended up dying.

She stood up and looked down at the creatures below her.

"I've never seen so many different races in one area. How exciting!" She whispered to herself. The thing that excited her even more was that fact that right below her stood the most beautiful creature she had ever seen. They were thought to be legends to her people. It was an angel, it's white, soft wings spread wide. It was the most captivating thing she had ever set her eyes upon. She had to go back and tell her people of what she saw. They had to know.

Althea quickly began to run and jump from limb to limb, trying to get back to their nesting ground. As she jumped though, she over judged a limb and fell right down to the ground with a loud thump.

"Ouch!"

Althea stood up and dusted herself off. That really hurt and if her mother knew that she had fallen from a tree limb the way she did, she would be severely scolded. She picked up a fresh piece of earth and put it over the cut in her knee. She whispered a small hymn and took the dirt off. The wound was gone. She would have to wait a while to go back home though, because there would still be a scent of her healing. Her mother had a good nose for the healing hymns.

Since she wasn't going back home just yet, she decided to go back to and watch the creatures from the ground level. She ran, gliding through the leaves, swurving around trees, dodging rocks on the ground near her feet. Once she reached a tree that was close enough to see what was going on, but far enough away that she couldn't be seen, she sat down and made herself comfortable in the mush of wet dirt and leaves.

Her friends were never going to believe her once she told them what she was seeing!

110 Reviews

Thu Sep 06, 2007 9:49 am
TNCowgirl says...

Zerri

Zerri watched the girl keeping his sister close to him. He looked at Zana's wings, she couldn't fold them in yet because one of them had been injured, she would have to wait a little longer for it to heel. No angel could heal anothers wings. Zana was watching the girl. Her eyes smiling at the fact that there was another girl around. She looked down at the one by her and seemed to sigh. She always hated it when someone was hurt.

"What were you doing?" Zerri asked the girl.

"Getting rid of a black macjician." She replied, he frowned, so that is why it dissappeared so fast.

Zana

Zana stood up and flexed her good wing. She looked around, she narrowed her ears on a stream near by.

"You three can keep talking I'm going to get some water so this wing will heel faster." She said standing up. She pulled her wings close to her and started walking towards the sound of the stream. Her feet barely touching the ground so she wouldn't make any sound. She carefully bent down next to the flowing stream and dipped her bad wing into it. It was cold and shivers racked her body. She pulled it out and smothed the wing out. Just a few more minutes and she should be able to use it.

'Snap' she spun around at a sound, someone was there, someone was close by. Her eyes glided over every tree and looked everywhere but she couldn't see anyone. Her hand went to her side where she kept a dagger. It had a white steel blade with a ivory hilt. She had been given it by her mother before she had died.

"Whose there?" She demanded.
Want a Readers crit???

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Sep 06, 2007 12:43 pm
Rydia says...

Kiara

"Relax and put your weapons away," I scolded as both the angels, the half elf and the girl reached for blades.

"And let a black magician get us?" The half elf demanded.

"I can sense black magicians from miles away," I explained. "The nearest ones are quite far East of here." Both angels seemed to believe me but the half elf and the girl kept their weapons out.

"It's okay. We wont hurt you," The male angel promised.

"Yeah. Only black magicians have anything to fear from us," The half elf agreed.

"Uh.. hi," A young forest Nymph murmured as she stepped into view surprisingly close to our group. But then, creatures who live their lives in the forest have a lot of time to learn how to be quiet.

"Hello there, my child," I greeted her. "And now I must be leaving. The black magicians are almost out of my range."
Writing Gooder

36 Reviews

Reviews: 36
Thu Sep 06, 2007 4:19 pm
View Likes
motherflippinflapjacks says...

She adjusted her body on the forest floor. It was becoming quite uncomfortable sitting there and the way the other creatures were moving about made it difficult for her to be able to see them. She had to keep moving her body from side to side around the tree to get a better view of all of them.

She decided to get up. It wouldn't be near as comfortable as sitting but at least she wouldn't have to keep moving about. She stood up very slowly, and took a step to the right around the tree to get a better look. As she did so, she stepped on a twig and it broke, echoing through the forest silence.

Althea held her breathe. The creatures standing in a cirlce all froze and some drew their weapons. They began looking around, and she knew they were looking for wherever the sound came from. They began to talk and the two angels tucked their weapons away. The human and the elf still kept their's out though.

It would be dangerous to let them assume I was the something they were scared of. Maybe I should just show myself. But mother would never approve of that. She tells us no matter what we must stay hidden. But then again, if I attempt to stay hidden and they find me, they might kill me.

That last thought had helped Althea make up her mind. She was going to show herself to them. Her skin became a pale white, from the dark evergreen it was before, and she stepped out in plain view of everyone.

"Uh.. hi," she said weakly. The other creatures were so much larger than she was. She was a bit scared.

"Hello there, my child," a woman greeted her. "And now I must be leaving. The black magicians are almost out of my range."

Althea stared at the woman oddly as she turned to leave. Why was she wearing those clothes? She had never seen a human like her before.

As the woman walked off, Althea turned to the other creatures. She saw that the angels and her eyes grew big.

"You-you- you are beautiful."

The female angel smiled and nodded. "Thank you" came her warm and gentle reply.

Althea looked at all of the creatures before her. They had all come from so many different places, what brought them to her forest?

"I was wondering... well, I was wondering..."

"Just come out with it," the elf snapped.

The elf's reply startled Althea and she jumped backwards, slipping on a branch and falling on her bottom.

"Oh I'm sorry, I didn't mean to scare you like that." The elf took a step closer to Althea.

Althea scrambled backwards trying to get away from the others. She was all of a sudden scared of these giant creatures. She wished her family was here to protect her.

"What-what are you doing here in this forest? You aren't working with the black majicians are you? We don't have anything to offer you. Our gathering season hasn't started yet."

The human stepped forward. "We are not with the black magicians. One of them just attacked us."

Althea looked them over. "Then why are all of you here?"

Goos are anarchists.
— WeepingWisteria