Star Wars: The Fallen Knights

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Wed Jun 20, 2007 4:52 pm
View Likes
Firestarter says...

Sorry, I'll post again soon.
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Sat Jun 23, 2007 9:31 pm
View Likes
Shireling says...

It took over an hour for the two starships to move into position and couple. The Valarian cruiser extending a connection bridge and locking clamps onto the Free One's airlock hatch, then Deev engaged his own clamps. As the connection bridge pressurized, Deev stepped out of the cockpit and leaned against the storage lockers in the cabin, trying to compose himself. He had nothing to hide on this run, well almost nothing. The fingers of his right hand began tapping his blaster.

The airlock door hissed open and two inspectors stepped out. The taller of the two extended his hand cordially.

“Ah, Captain Mar, I am sorry to inconvenience you but the government enacted a new law mandating random inspections of all vessels coming into Valarian space." He chuckled drily, "You my friend are the lucky man today. My partner and I will only take a few minutes to inspect your vessel.”

Deev shook the inspector’s hand, noting the man’s rank bars. Knowing nothing about the Valarian navy, Deev could only guess that he was dealing with a low level officer, maybe a sergeant. The other inspector had only a patch on one sleeve, but the tool bag in his hand tagged him as a technician.

The officer installed himself in Deev’s chair at the helm to check the cargo record while the tech climbed down into the cargo hold to verify the cargo itself. Deev paced back and forth in the narrow cabin nervously.

After what seemed like hours, the officer spoke into a mic on his collar and listened intently to a reply on his headset. Then he got up and strode over to Deev.

“You have some interesting cargo Captain. Would mind explaining why you are carrying ten barrels of Zynthyeen?”

“The fuel stabilizer?” asked Deev puzzled, “I picked that up on my last stop on Rewnwar just to fill out some empty space in my hold. It’s supposed to be selling at a good price on Valaria. Why?”

The officer showed him a hand held datapad, a list of contraband items scrolling down the screen.
“It’s selling for a good price because it’s an illegal substance in Valaria. It’s an ingredient of the Cosmos drug.”

Deev felt his hands begin to sweat. “I didn’t know that, I had no idea. I just purchased those barrels to fill out my load, honest.”

The officer narrowed his eyes and whispered something into his mic. “I don’t believe you Captain Mar or should I say Malian? I recognized your ship when I came aboard. You may have changed both your name and your vessel’s, but I know the son of a smuggler when I see one.”

Behind Deev, the tech ascended from the hold, a small blaster held in one hand.
Last edited by Shireling on Wed Jul 11, 2007 2:38 am, edited 4 times in total.
Calling all Ringers, your presence is required at the Middangeared group...Please?

103 Reviews

Reviews: 103
Fri Jul 06, 2007 1:12 am
View Likes
Dynamo says...

(Reminder that this thread still exists.)
Chicken <-- Egg <-- Rocket Powered Fist
Take that, science!

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Fri Jul 06, 2007 7:15 pm
View Likes
Kyuubi says...

Marik struggled to stand up. He felt strange. He felt a bit warmer. He accepted that he couldn't get his parents back or the the girl. This was what brought the strange feeling. He walked to Anchorhead as this was the closest settlement to the academy. He entered the access codes on a nearby wall panel. A maitenence hatch opened next to him. He walked in and navigated to the hangar bays. When he finally got there, he brushed the sand and dust from his cloak. So far no one had seen him. He spotted a ship that was capable of Hyperspace. He needed to get that ship. Marik quietly used the Force to remove the air grate in front of him so he could run to the ship.
"So, I was thinking, I've always wanted to ride a TaunTaun."
"Ummmm....I asked you answer the math problem on the board."
"No you didn't."
"Yes I did."
"Yeah well, that's your opinion."...............A conversation between my teacher and I.

30 Reviews

Sat Jul 07, 2007 2:13 am
View Likes
Shireling says...

A vision of long stay in a dreary prison camp crushing rock flashed through Deev’s brain. Ducking his head, he lunged towards the cockpit door thrusting the officer aside. The sudden blow threw the inspector off balance, sending him stumbling into the blue-green stun blast fired by his partner. His suddenly unconscious form tumbled, taking the man down. The blaster, knocked from the tech’s hand, slid across the deck and fell down the open hatch into the hold.

Deev slapped the door control sealing the cockpit off from the rest of the ship. Dropping into his chair, he began disengaging the clamps of the connection bridge that tied him to the cruiser. He worked furiously; knowing that at any moment soldiers would be rushing through it onto his ship.

As the clamps loosened, he powered up the sublight engines. Just as the last clamps popped free, a cherry red spot began glowing on the cockpit door as someone from the other side used a cutting torch on it.

You’re not getting me today.” Deev slammed the throttle forward and the Free One lurched, all six engines roaring like chained krayt dragons as they struggled against the tether of the bridge. Jerking the control yoke back and forth, Deev rocked his starship violently, fighting to break free of the cruiser’s own bridge latches.

Despite the swaying, the men trying to break into the cockpit barely felt it because of the vessel’s artificial gravity generator. That is until Deev shut it off.

Yells and shouts of surprise came from the boarding party, as the men floated off the deck. These turned to screams of pain as the technician using the torch lost his grip on the tool and it drifted free, burning limbs and storage lockers indiscriminately.

With a final powerful lurch, the Free One broke loose of the bridge, the latches sheared off. Through the mangled airlock hatch, atmosphere and the boarding party were vented to space.

Alarms shrieking, the status displays went red, warnings about the catastrophic loss of pressure scrolling down the screen. Deev ignored them and gunned his ship straight into the asteroid field.
Last edited by Shireling on Fri Aug 10, 2007 2:55 am, edited 2 times in total.
Calling all Ringers, your presence is required at the Middangeared group...Please?

185 Reviews

Reviews: 185
Sun Jul 08, 2007 2:52 pm
View Likes
piepiemann22 says...

Um, is it to late to join?
I will always fight back, no matter what.

30 Reviews

Sun Jul 08, 2007 9:37 pm
View Likes
Shireling says...

There is still plenty of time to join, jump right in.

185 Reviews

Mon Jul 09, 2007 12:09 am
View Likes
piepiemann22 says...

Thanks, i will when i get some time.

185 Reviews

Mon Jul 09, 2007 3:45 am
View Likes
piepiemann22 says...

Name- Narcil caldo

Gender- Male

Age- 19

Race- Human

Allegence- Jedi

Rank- Knight

Apperance- Light robes of the jedi. Short wavy blonde hair, sky blue eyes.

Powers- Force push, Foce explosion(Causes a force push edmiting from his
whole body)Force static(Small static particals latch onto an enemy allowing
hin to electricut hi-Good on droids)

Personality- More out going than most jedi. He sometimes gives into emotion, but notthings like rage. More like love and compation. He believes the force should not be limited by jedi and sith. It should be united. Allow emotion, but control it.

43 Reviews

Tue Jul 10, 2007 1:43 pm
View Likes
Kyuubi says...

Marik bolted for the ship when the dock authorities had their backs turned. He had gotten to the ramp when they noticed him trying to close the ramp. He couldn't get to the panel in time so he used the Force to pull it up. He got into the cockpit and entered the commands to get the engines online. When he heard the rumble, he was satisfied. He pulled on the control yoke and lifted off. He was sailing through the atmosphere in no time.
"So Valeria, huh? I would bet that Master would send his new apprentice there to prove his worth. Just to get back at him, I think I'll kill the apprentice," Marik spoke aloud. He then heard a tapping coming from near the cargo hold. H quickly punched in the cooridinates to Valeria and stoo up. He walked down the narrow corridor to the hold. He heard the tapping getting louder as he approached a big durasteel locker. He opened it using the Force and out fell a young woman. She was wrapped with rope and had bonding tape over her mouth. Marik bent down and ripped it off of her face.
"Who are you?" Marik asked.
"Me? I'm Ariella. Ari for short. Now are you going to untie me or not?" the woman asked.
"So, I was thinking, I've always wanted to ride a TaunTaun."
"Ummmm....I asked you answer the math problem on the board."
"No you didn't."
"Yes I did."
"Yeah well, that's your opinion."...............A conversation between my teacher and I.

30 Reviews

Mon Jul 16, 2007 4:56 am
View Likes
Shireling says...

Bright green energy bolts lit up the space around his ship. Wrestling with the controls, rivulets of sweat pouring down his face, Deev hurled the Free One on an erratic path through the massive space rocks.

If the cruiser doesn’t get me the asteroids will. He jerked the yoke to the left hard, narrowly missing the craggy face of an asteroid about the size and shape of a Coruscanti city block spiked with skyscrapers. For a moment he was shielded from the Sword of Pellor’s fire. Hastily he wiped a sleeve across his face to clear his vision.

I need to get away. The thought bounced and ricocheted frantically around the walls of his mind.

The nose of the Sword thrust around the asteroid. A turret swiveled and green fire crashed into the rocky formations as the gunner tracked the weapon towards the fleeing freighter. Fear blanking reason from his mind, Deev plunged his ship down, into the canyons of the asteroid. The guns of the cruiser burned the stony skyscrapers into molten slag and shrapnel. Racing madly between jagged walls, he wrenched the Free One around a sharp corner. A huge spine loomed in front.

A new surge of adrenaline hitting him, Deev pulled up in a steep climb. The peak of the spine split in two like the mouth of a great beast. As he neared the top rolling and slipping between the stony jaws, a sudden inspiration hit him.

What was that he had just studied about this space route? If it was true it might save him…if he could just get there...and survive it too.

New hope infusing him, he changed course away from the asteroid.

The chief gunner of the cruiser saw him loop and dart straight towards their ship.
“He’s lost his brain bolts Captain.”
“We have him now men.”

The distance between the two vessels closed rapidly. The small freighter suddenly growing in the viewport as it neared the large cruiser.

“He’s going to ram us! Burn that madman out of the sky,” shouted the Captain.

The gunners strained to increase their fire. Two engines on the port side of the freighter were hit and a brief flare of fire shot out before it died from lack of oxygen. But the vessel kept coming.

Small flames abruptly stuttered from the freighter as it fired its upper twin cannon for the first time. Too small to penetrate the cruiser’s defenses, the rounds caused only bright splashes on the energy shields. The cruiser’s viewports darkened automatically to block the glare but the Captain still had to throw a hand over his eyes. When he brought it away again the freighter was gone from sight.

“Where’d he go?”
“He went under us, sir.”
“Bring the ship around at maximum speed.”

As the Sword of Pellor lumbered around, Deev raced further into the asteroid field dodging the chunks of space slag, looking for a certain special asteroid.
Last edited by Shireling on Mon Jul 23, 2007 2:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

57 Reviews

Reviews: 57
Thu Jul 19, 2007 10:58 pm
View Likes
RatchetWriter says...

YAY! I've finally posted! Sorry I didn't sooner when this thing was close to begining.

Name: Zuin Kor
Creature: Human
Height: 5’9”
Weight: 154
Looks: Dark red-brown hair. Smallish build, quick, wiry.
Personality: Guess I'll write about him and find out.
Favored Clothing: Whatever is efficient.
Favorite Weapon: Assembledge required Sniper rifle.
Secondary weapons: Custom made automatic rifle, non and sticky stun grenades. Vibroblade in boot. Various merc weapons.
Armor: Standard issue Stormtrooper armor colored black with red markings.
Special Skills: Hm... Efficient merc?
Home Planet: Nar-Shadaa
Description/Bio: Has a ship called the Astro King. That's about it. I don't have a background. Off the top of my head he grew up with a minor Bounty hunter, went into the business and likes it a lot. Mainly because he's good at it. Likes the freedom.
Has a sniper rifle that can be packed down and loves it in his missions.
Last edited by RatchetWriter on Thu Jul 19, 2007 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~S.P.E.W~ "Special People Enthusiastically Writing"

*sigh* "Another day, another death course."
Ratchet

57 Reviews

Reviews: 57
Thu Jul 19, 2007 11:03 pm
View Likes
RatchetWriter says...

Zuin Kor marched quickly, and steadily down the white corridor, a repulserlift sled in front of him containing a man.

Turning left he punched a door button and entered.
He slid himself into a sort of half-alertness, something he had to do in order to keep piercing headaches from ravaging his brain. He always got them at these big facilities.

Turning to his business he addressed the average office worker in the room. “Fen Holm. Alive and stunned. I’ll take my payment.”

The officer at desk responded a tad waspishly. “Zuin, we both know that the credits have been transferred to your account already, I also know that you have already checked that as normal, and had you found no difference you would not be the same man you are at the present moment.

“Very observant for you. I see you frequent the barracks often. I mean my extra.”
The officer gulped. “Extra?”

“That keeps me working for you. You know I’m highly efficient, I have other contracts, and…associates, that want my business just as bad.” Zuin held out his hand. “Now please.”

The officer opened the desk and pulled out a package. “Will one hundred do sir?”
“That’s better.” Swiping the package, Zuin swiveled on his heel and marched out.

Back at his ship Zuin eased into his chair, reclined it, and let his head fall back.
Today had been tiring, first the capture of Fen, and then unnecessary, head-ache inducing time at that blasted facility.
His comlink bleeped. Stretching his arm he reached and snagged it. A voice commenced at the depression of a button.

“Deev Malian, already wanted for smuggling, en route to Valaria, now available for bounty. Reward three thousand credits.”

Zuin thought for a moment. Deev, what did you get yourself into now? Three thousand wasn’t a lot, but still… it was a fair amount.
Starting to calculate a hyperspace jump to Valaria, Zuin halted. En route? What if… Zuin flipped a few more switches and pushed the master lever. It would be a short jump.
~S.P.E.W~ "Special People Enthusiastically Writing"

*sigh* "Another day, another death course."
Ratchet

30 Reviews

Sat Jul 28, 2007 9:46 pm
View Likes
Shireling says...

Rounding another flying boulder, he caught a glimpse of his objective. Roughly spherical except for a dish-like crater, a massive planetoid drifting along surrounded by a throng of smaller rocks.

As the Free One rapidly closed the distance, the tactical scanner chirped insistently. Another ship icon had appeared on the screen as a vessel dropped out of hyperspace. Details from its ID transponder began filling a bar on the side of the display.

The Astro King. Zuin? What the…?” Deev didn’t get a chance to finish his thought. A blast of green energy struck his ship and his head slammed into the control yoke.

Blinking in pain, Deev rubbed a hand across his face, it came away bloody.

“Dyklamin nishapergians…” Only gutter Durese seemed fit for this. He took another swipe at the dribbling gash on his forehead and then grasped the controls again, staining the throttle handle.

Only then did he notice the unusual silence. The throbbing hum of his engines was gone.

As he struggled feverishly to restart his engines, the dished face of the planetoid began to fill his viewscreen. The Free One continued its course unguided, hurtling straight for it. A large pit in the center of the shallow crater became visible, growing until it dominated his view, a black mouth, an ominous abyss.

Deev threw a distressed glance at it. This wasn’t supposed to happen…this is way too close.

The Valarian cruiser had caught up to him. Its prey paralyzed, two great doors opened like jaws, disclosing a hanger. Deev knew he had only seconds before it activated its tractor beam. One mouth or another, both deadly and dangerous, did it matter which one ate him?

Think Deev, think.

His hands danced over the console, the displays dimmed in energy saving emergency mode.

Engines dead, com system dead, life support dead. Everything was dead and he would be soon one way or another.

The Free One jerked as the Sword of Pellor activated its tractor and Deev leaned his head back against the seat, his hand drifting down to tap the holstered blaster on his leg.

Think Deev, think.

43 Reviews

Sun Jul 29, 2007 3:11 pm
View Likes
Kyuubi says...

"Fierfek!" Marik yelled.
"What was that for?" Ariella asked, "Ever seen a young woman before?"
Marik bent down and untied her. She stood up and rubbed her wrists. She was quite beautiful. Marik just stared at her for a moment. She had shoulder length brown hair, bright blue eyes, and she looked thin but muscular.
"Uh...Do you...do you need some extra clothes?" Marik asked. Ariella was only wearing a thin flight suit that was ripped all over.
"Do you have any?" she asked back.
"Let me go check." Marik sped off towards where he had dropped his pack. He opened it and found that he had brought a spare robe. He pulled it out and it looked her size. He brought it back. He rounded the corner and saw her standing there with her back turned.
"I only have this but it should fit you," Marik said as he laid it down on the floor.

I will not condemn you for what you did yesterday, if you do it right today.
— Sheldon S. Maye