z

Young Writers Society

Running from 'wolves' (More understandable...I think)

110 Reviews

Reviews: 110
Sun Jun 17, 2007 12:57 pm
TNCowgirl says...

Siren watched the wolf slayer and the other two people. One was part wolf if not all. She scanned the area and shape shifted to a bird, she carefully flew to a branch right above the slayer so she could hear what they were saying.
"And you wonder why we don't like you!" -Trumpkin
Vist my world and make it bigger!
Want a Readers crit???

170 Reviews

Reviews: 170
Mon Jun 18, 2007 12:49 am
Lindsaroo says...

Lacy helped Clayton up and supported him. She turned to Jess.

"Witch?"
"Uh...yeah...sorta."
"Like bad or good?"
"Oh, not bad. I never hurt people with my spells, just if I'm protecting myself."
"Oh...ok." She turned to the other girl. "I have no idea what you mean my half 'wolf'! hat's just dumb. Clayton isn't a half 'wolf'. He's an 18 year old guy! Jeez!"

There was a lot of silence.

"What's your name?" Lacy asked.

She sighed. "It's Litivia. But that's all I'll tell you. And you are very arrogent. He's part 'wolf'. He was born part 'wolf' and when most 'wolf' are born they don't learn how to change, either from human to 'wolf' or 'wolf' to human, till they turn 18. He is only half so he stayed as a baby. He might be able to change into a 'wolf' but it could kill him if the change was complete. You get it?"

She turned to Clayton and hugged him.
"No. Clayton. Tell me it isn't true! Tell me it's all a lie." She said through sobs.

"Me is not supposed to lie. Lying is bad. Me not bad."

She fell to her knees and cried and Clayton held her.
She looked up at Lativia.

"Please! Please don't kill him!!!" She sobbed. "I love him." She whispered but Clayton hadn't heard it. He was in too much pain.

"Ok. He's only half so it won't be as much of a problem. But if he hurts anyone I'll kill him...and you." Lacy looked up and nodded.

"Thank you." She whispered.

"You ok Clayton?"

"I'll heal."

Lativia atarted to walk off. "Oh wait!" Lacy shouted behind her. "Do you and Jess wanna get some coffee. I think we need it."
"After it happened I thought that I'd just try to live as normally as possible and bury it, but things like that don't stay buried. I didn't think it would, but it taints your whole life."

"My desires were bestial, obviously." -Jeffery Dahmer.

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Mon Jun 18, 2007 4:31 am
EmiSukotto16 says...

Jess waited as Litvia thought.

"Idon't feel comfortable in the sunlight." She said coolly.

"By now," Jess loked at her watch, "It's probbably sundown. You really can't tell here in the forest. It's always nighttime here."
Llama 1:"Shh! Do you hear that? That's the sound of forgiveness."
Llama 2:"That's the sound of people drowning, Carl!"
Llama 1:"That is what forgiveness sounds like; screaming and then silence."

170 Reviews

Mon Jun 18, 2007 3:58 pm
Lindsaroo says...

"Yeah, come on. I think we all need to have a long talk." Lacy said.

"Oh alright." Lativia said.

"Good. Let's go to the cafe a few minutes away. There's usually no one there."

They walked into the Cafe. Litivia was still wearing her hood.

"Hey, why don't you take that off. You have to be dying in it." Lacy said.

"I'm fine."

"No really, it's got to be uncomfortable. Take it off."

"I...can't."

"Can't ot won't?"
"After it happened I thought that I'd just try to live as normally as possible and bury it, but things like that don't stay buried. I didn't think it would, but it taints your whole life."

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Mon Jun 18, 2007 5:23 pm
View Likes
Rydia says...

Litvia

"A bit of both," I admitted.
"I don't understand. What are you trying to hide?" Lacy demanded.
"Myself," I sighed.
"That's a real great answer," Jess snorted.
"Me think I understand. You look different like me," Clayton struggled with the words and then grinned happily but the smile soon turned to a grimace.
"Let me help," I decided. Scanning the cafe I was glad to see we were in the very corner and the waitress was, as yet, occupied.

Carefully I removed my gloves and let the light sink into my ivory skin. Lacy and Jess stared with interest but I tried to ignore them as I selected herbs from my pouch. They still hadn't got over their surprise by the time I had finished mixing a poultice and selecting some bandages.
"You're a healer?" Jess asked curiously.
"Sort of. I picked up some herb knowledge but I have a lot of natural skill too. It's in the blood," I explained as I layed my hands on each wound before treating them with herbs and finally binding them with the cloth bandages.

"You should get out in the sun more often," Lacy murmered.
"See why I hide? I don't look exactly normal," I scowled as I re-covered my hands and pulled my hood down further as the waitress started to approach.
"Don't worry. I don't mind sitting with a vampire if they're nice," Jess whispered. I rolled my eyes.
"Dark elf," I hissed.
"Can I take your order?" The waitress asked cheerily but frowned in disaproval at my cloak.
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

170 Reviews

Sun Jun 24, 2007 2:59 am
Lindsaroo says...

"Uh...just coffee all around." Lacy said.

"Okay It'll be right up." She smiled and walked away.

"Wow...never seen a dark elf before. Thought they were myths." Jess said.

"No they are as real as the sky is blue." Litivia said.

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Jun 24, 2007 10:31 am
Rydia says...

Litvia

"And you hunt those creatures? Wow, what a life," Jess murmured.
"Sure, if you don't mind hiding all the time," I sighed and then forced another smile. "Sorry. I'm not used to being around people."
"So these creatures," Lacy began, "Are they all evil? I mean what do they do that's so evil?"
"They like to eat human flesh because it allows them to take on human form one day every century. I've never seen one in human form but I'm guessing that's how Clayton came to be. And yes, they're completely evil."
"But how do you know that?" Lacy protested.
"I've been around for a long time," I replied.
"Clayton understand. They evil but Clayton got human blood, yes?" The half wolf smiled, a genuinely innocent smile.

"That's right and I should probably go now. It's getting dark and I should get back to work before one of those creatures tries to sneak into the village," I replied.
"You haven't even had your coffee yet," Jess noted, glancing at my full cup. I followed her gaze down to the liquid.
"I've never tried coffee," I replied.
"Really? You should. And I think I want to come and watch you 'work' if you don't mind," Jess replied.
Writing Gooder

170 Reviews

Tue Jun 26, 2007 4:12 am
Lindsaroo says...

"It's really a one man job." Litvia said and she sipped the coffee. "Wow this is great."

"Well we're both woman...sorta. So since men are usually tougher than woman, it could be a two woman job." Jess said smiling. Lacy let out a laugh.

"Oh alright. But stay close to me and you have to do exactly as I say. You two gonna come too." She said at Lacy and Clayton.

"I'd love to...really...but I want to teach Clayton some more language skills." Lacy said. But of course she didn't want to be anywhere near those things even if Clayton was half of one.

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Jun 26, 2007 8:16 am
Rydia says...

Litvia

"Sure. Goodbye then," I replied, standing up.
"You say that as if it's final," Lacy noted.
"It probably is," I sighed, surprised to feel a touch of regret.
"Oh. Okay then. Bye," Lacy called. Jess threw some coins down on the table to go towards the drinks.
"Sorry I can't pay for mine," I mumbled.
"That's okay. You probably saved Clayton's life today so I'm very grateful," Lacy responded.

I nodded and without a further word left the building. Jess followed, close at my heels.
"So these creatures, where do they spend their nights?" Jess asked.
"Usually in the woods as you saw earlier but a few brave ones attempt to enter the town," I answered.
"And how do you kill them?"
"Poisoned knife, poisoned sword. Anything like that."
"Poison?"
"Yeah. I got the idea from a book and over time I've developed a stronger, more potent poison that's very effective against them."
Writing Gooder

170 Reviews

Fri Jul 06, 2007 9:05 am
Lindsaroo says...

Lacy stayed up all night teaching Clayton proper english. He was a fast learner too. He had fallen asleep when she put on some movie to watch. She watched him as his chest rose and fell in a steady rhythm. How could something so beautiful turn out to have something so beastly locked inside? She was exhausted and it was 4am. She put a blanket over Clayton and kissed his forehead. Lacy didn't even have the strength to change. She flung herself onto the bed and fell asleep in her clothes.

*Sorry, all I got*

I want to understand you, I study your obscure language.
— Alexander Pushkin