z

Young Writers Society

Keala University

103 Reviews

Reviews: 103
Wed Jul 18, 2007 8:04 pm
Dynamo says...

Jayne noticed the clipboard of paper in Tylor's hand. "What's with all the paper?" she asked.

Tylor looked at the clipboard in his hand. "Oh, this? I was hoping to do some writing on the beach to help me think."

"What kind of writing?"

"Stories about dragons and magic."

"Would you mind if I read some of your work some time?" she asked.

Tylor thought for a moment. "Don't take it personally, but I don't let anyone see my work before it's finished."

"Oh..."

Tylor added, "But if you go to the college's library you might find something with my name on it."
Chicken <-- Egg <-- Rocket Powered Fist
Take that, science!

694 Reviews

Reviews: 694
Wed Jul 18, 2007 9:26 pm
Via says...

"Most people call me Chan, though." She added, before the writing conversation.

As the two talked around her she glanced back and forth between them, stopping at Tylor, "Dragons and Magic, cool. Don't you find reality to be a little more exciting, though?"

Don't get her wrong, Chan was definitely a writer in her own--it comes with the artistry. But, she loved to find the hidden secrets in reality, not on mythical creatures. She stopped her wheel and focused on Tylor, waiting for his response.
My Literary and Arts Blog

"I think I'd miss you even if we'd never met." -The Wedding Date

103 Reviews

Wed Jul 18, 2007 10:35 pm
Dynamo says...

"It's not that I don't like reality, I just find it a little constricting."

"How so?" Chan asked.

"Well, I don't want to get into detail about it. But, it's not really about liking or disliking reality as far as I'm concerned. It's the feeling you get when you bring the reality inside your head into the outside world. Ever since I was a kid my imagination was too great to keep to myself, so I brought it out for others to see. And if at least one person likes what I have created, well, that just means I did a job well done."

(I don't know if my character made much sense there. I just finished watching The Tick...)
Take that, science!

694 Reviews

Wed Jul 18, 2007 10:46 pm
Via says...

Chan chuckled slightly, standing up from her stool and glancing at her clay-covered hands.

"Ah, art isn't about what makes other people happy, it's about what makes..." she paused for a second, touching a finger to Tylors nose, leaving behind a grey smudge of clay, "...you happy. Art is about finding the hidden messages the world gives you and expressing them in a way that lets you feel comfortable and in tune with it."

She folded up her stool and set it against the pottery wheel, focusing on her on-the-way-to-brilliant pot, "Of course, sometimes what you create is not what you had in mind, " she smashed her hand down on the pot, destroying it and turning to Tylor, "and then you start over with new inspiration."

She placed her clay ball into it's respective box, and grabbed her table, heading down to the water with a foam nerf ball, washing the clay from the table.

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Thu Jul 19, 2007 10:01 am
Rydia says...

Jayne

Tylor stared down at the crushed pot in bewilderment.

"You don't know many artists do you? They're all perfectionists," I laughed lightly as Chan returned. She spared me a smile and then finished packing her things away.

"So do either of you know a nice place to eat?" Tylor asked.

"There's one just down the road but the campus food isn't bad either," Chan replied.

"Why don't we all go eat together?" I suggested.

"Uh. Okay," Chan replied hesitantly, "But I'll have to drop these off at my room first."

"Sounds like a good idea to me," Tylor added.
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

694 Reviews

Thu Jul 19, 2007 1:59 pm
Via says...

Chan nodded and packed up her bag, strapping her stool to it and picking up her table base.

"Where are you guys from?" she asked, as they began to walk towards the dorm, Chan's barefeet sinking in the sand with every step. She still had clay in random places on her cheeks, but it didn't seem to bother her in the least.

Chan was never one for conformity, not one to care about the opinions of others. She almost always made it through trauma without any permanent scares and with obnoxious ease, art was her haven. She was an anomily among New Yorkers, often times being the only one in shorts and a tee shirt in a group of people dressed in designer tags.

103 Reviews

Thu Jul 19, 2007 7:50 pm
Dynamo says...

"I'm from Canada." Tylor said.

"Oh, really? I heard it's pretty cold up there." Chan said.

"You get used to it after a while."

Chan looked at Jayne and asked, "What about you?"
Take that, science!

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Fri Jul 20, 2007 12:26 pm
Rydia says...

Jayne

"California," I replied. "And you Chan?"

"New York."

"Really? And you came here?" I laughed lightly and shook my head. "Wow. That's got to be a first." Chan hid a small smile and shrugged.

We reached the Freshman block and began climbing the stairs.
"So which room is yours?" I asked.

"Just one more flight... here we are," Chan replied, standing outside our room.

"You have a lot of nice paintings hung on the wall," I remarked.

"How do you know?" Tylor asked.

"This is my room too," I replied with a grin as Chan unlocked the door and stepped inside.
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

694 Reviews

Fri Jul 20, 2007 5:05 pm
Via says...

Chan nodded, "That's cool." but silently made a mental note to possibly lock her door. They entered the common room, 217A (Chan's room) was on the left, 217B (Jayne's) was on the right.

She swung the door open to her room, obviously not needing a key. She had figured a single room would probably be best for her, most people didn't take kindly to having paint all over their belongings. The rooms were split down the hallway, rooms on the left side were two double rooms and two bathrooms, rooms on the right side were two single rooms and one bathroom--like Chan and Jayne's.

She entered her room and propped her stuff up against the wall, placing her bag infront of it. "Just let me rinse this clay off, and we'll head out." She went back to the common room, pulling her door closed behind her, and went into the bathroom. She didn't bother shutting the door as she splashed water on her face and used a towel to remove the excess clay which remained.

142 Reviews

Reviews: 142
Mon Jul 23, 2007 12:38 am
Bella says...

"So, where are you from?" Eric asked, holding hte door open for Bells.

"Detour Michigan. It's cold up there though; this weather is really nice," she answered.

"Ugh, I don't think so. I think it's way too warm," Eric replied, chuckling. "Here we are, 215A."

"Thank you so much!" Bells exclaimed, digging through her pocket for her key, and unlocking the door. She reached out for her suitcase but Eric pulled it away. He walked passed her and sat it on the bed that hadn't been covered with someone's stuff already. *I think that'd be Bridgette's stuff, right?*

"Apparently you're rooming with an artist; that's nothing unusual. Quite a few of the KU students major in art. What are you majoring in?" Eric asked as Bells started to take care of some of her things.

"Computer Tech," she answered. "And I'm minoring in art and drama."

"Woah, that's for the really smart students," Eric gasped. Bells shot him a slightly reproachful look and he quickly added. "No offense or anything."

"Haha, that's ok," she laughed.

"Hey, do you want to come eat with me? We can go down to the cafeteria, and that'll give me a chance to show you around."

"Sounds great, just give me a minute to finish putting away my stuff."

"Alright...who's that?" he pointed to a boy in one of hte pictures Bells had pulled out.

"That's one of my best friends in the world," Eric gave her a curious look. "Not a boyfriend, just a really good friend. Almost lke a brother; he's been there for me since my parents divorce in third grade."

"So there's no relationship there?"

"Oh," Bells seemed shocked that he would ask that. "NO!!! Never!!!" She laughed. "Come on, lets' go eat!"
i carry your heart(i carry it in my heart) <3

Please review my performance poem?

694 Reviews

Tue Sep 18, 2007 7:53 pm
Via says...

What do you say we get this going again guys? I really liked the characters here.

We really need a few more people to join though, we aren't very far along in the story line.

What do you think?

103 Reviews

Tue Sep 18, 2007 8:12 pm
Dynamo says...

I'm in, I guess.
Take that, science!

13 Reviews

Reviews: 13
Tue Sep 18, 2007 8:24 pm
frenchpastry says...

Do you guys mind if I join in? ;) I really love this idea.

Name: Samantha Foster
Grade: Freshman
Major: A double in English and Business
Room Assignment: I'll let you decide! ;)
Hometown: Boston, MA
Physical Description: Tall, lean body, long curly brown hair w/ bangs. Rather plain and shy looking. Has hazel eyes.
"The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return." ^_^

142 Reviews

Reviews: 142
Mon Sep 24, 2007 7:24 pm
Bella says...

We really should get this going again.....maybe we should kind of restart it...still on this thread, but just a dab more structured. I vote we start with everyone going down to the cafeteria to eat, which is where we left off; THen all our characters can meet each other and we can get a story going.
i carry your heart(i carry it in my heart) <3

Please review my performance poem?

694 Reviews

Mon Feb 04, 2008 4:08 am
Via says...

I'm game...seriously, lets restart it...everyone game?

Just because you don't feel like a hero in your own story, doesn't mean you're not a hero in someone else's.
— Tenyo