z

Young Writers Society

The Magic Room *Permission Only*

57 Reviews

Reviews: 57
Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:00 pm
NinjaCookieMonster says...

Aisha

I locked the caravan door this time, and wrapped a chain around it, looping the other end to a roof beam. I settled heavily on the little stool in front of my vanity desk, staring down the makeup I'd applied almost a day ago. I poured some water into a basin, tied my hair back tightly and tilted myself forward, dipping my face underwater. I felt the bits of chipped face paint floating off, the powders that hadn't quite set dissolving. I slipped my hands in, massaging away the patterns I'd used more force to apply.

When I came up, it was only for air. For someone whose life circulated around fire, I certainly liked being underwater. I grabbed a towel and pressed it against my face, sighing into the fabric. After a few seconds, I threw it on the bunk, my face was still damp. I stared in the mirror, pulling my hair down and grimacing as it stuck to my hairline, where water was the most present. Since when had I had that bruise? And where had that cut come from? Was that ash under my eyes, or dark circles? Man, I was falling apart. But I'd lost my chance at good sleep. I grumbled something that even I couldn't quite make out and reached for the carved box by my feet.

I'd undone the clasp in five seconds, tops, and the lid sprung open, pulling several layers back. I twirled a few of them outwards, reaching for a half full vial of green powder that sifted with every move. I unplugged the bit of cork and reached for my metal cup, still filled with cool water. I shook a bit of the powder in and mixed it, and then I was chugging it, my face twisting at the taste. Sweet, but earthy, and with a hint of something sharp and powerful. I coughed a little as my lips left the cup, and I had to wash it down with some regular water. That stuff packed a punch.

I started changing back into my clothes, wrapping a jacket around my shoulders. I wasn't used to things that didn't come past my waist -or far above it- but this was the one exception I could make. Maritza's beau's, see. He liked kids, and Maritza liked that. He put the jacket around me at the funeral, and he'd disappeared after that.

But now I was bored. I reluctantly unwound the chains and slithered around to the roof of the caravan, lying flat on my stomach, facing the palace.

Now to wait for something to happen.
hey, Jude, don't make it bad
take a sad song and make it better
remember to let it into your heart
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

"Not vampires, fish from space."

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Sat Jan 08, 2011 6:48 pm
View Likes
ScarlettFire says...

Aarin Basir | His Room:

I yawned, rolling over. Sunlight was streaming in through my window... My open window. What the...? I shout upright in the bed, frowning. The sun was up. I grimaced. I was going to be late for my duties. I shot out of the bed and quickly got dressed. Why did I wake up so late? Suddenly, the night before came rushing back. Oh. The Lazzan Princess, she'd been sneaking out of her room. I sighed. Fine, fine.

Glowering, I finished putting my armour back on and stepped out of my room and into the hall. I saw Selene rush past but took no notice of her. The King would want to speak to me, and soon. I started heading that way, thinking about the Lazzan Princess as I walked. I didn't even notice the General speaking to the King when I walked in--not until I looked up. Startled, I stopped where I was and waited. But neither man spared me a glance.

What was going on here? I frowned, looking from the General to the King and back. Odd...odd....odd. I considered what could have happened and dismissed it. No, I wasn't likely to get into trouble, not over last night. Finally, I woke up more and stood up straighter, watching the exchange, curious. And then the King himself called me to his side.

Several minutes later, I was standing just inside the palace, gazing out at the Caravans sitting outside. My orders had been changed--slightly. I was now to watch over everyone at the Caravans. I coughed, looking away from a moment. Now what was I supposed to do? Just stand here staring at....the....caravans? Something caught my eye and I saw a girl on top of one of the caravans. She just laid there, seemingly doing nothing. But I knew she saw me. I looked down at the caravans and wondered where the Melnarian Princess was.... Probably locked up in one of the caravans or something... I thought sourly.
"With friends like you, who needs a medical license?" - Paimon, Aether's Heart

“It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission.” - Grace Hopper.

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:05 pm
Dragonette says...

I really wish someone could re-starts this. I would so join! I wanted to in the beginning but I was already involved in to many storybooks, so I couldn't, but I really want to now! I even have characters picked out, lol.
I'm a JESUS FREAK! (but you can call me a 'Jeek' if you want :D

Why is a raven like a writing desk?

You aren't an official writer unless you're at least slightly mad.

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:37 pm
ScarlettFire says...

Why don't you PM Isha and ask? I've been wanting to get people back to posting on this myself.... Poor, poor Laverna...stuck in a darn caravan... x.x
"With friends like you, who needs a medical license?" - Paimon, Aether's Heart

“It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission.” - Grace Hopper.

The inner machinations of my mind are an enigma.
— Patrick Star