z

Young Writers Society

Harry Potter RPG

16 Reviews

Reviews: 16
Thu Jan 24, 2008 5:52 am
Phindin says...

(I'd say it's fine if you want to be Chaser. Go for it.)

[Matt]

I could honestly get used to this. There was attractive girl on either side of me, both sitting rather close; I could even feel Enid's leg resting up against mine. I bit into a sausage, pretending like it was a normal occurance. The stares coming from the other Slytherin males sitting near us were priceless.

"Hey, Matt! Who are your new friends?"

Adri had come to join us. I hadn't expected that.

"Hi, Adri," I greeted; at least she didn't seem miffed. "These two fine ladies are Enid and Rowan; they both transfered here today, and they're both in my year. Crazy, huh?" I chewed and swallowed my sausage, then pointed my fork at Adri. "Adri here is a 5th Year Gryffindor, and quite a skilled on the Quidditch field. Either of you play?"
"Buy, buy, buy, buy; sell, sell, sell
How well you've learned to not discern;
Who's foe and who is friend,
We'll own them all in the end."

114 Reviews

Reviews: 114
Thu Jan 24, 2008 6:07 am
RoryLegend says...

Rowan-

"I've played a bit, seeker mostly." I said looking up at Adri. She seemed very friendly. The way her and Matt exchanged glances made me think there was something there between them; a past or a possible future. I quickly flet concious of everything around me. Of how much prettier Adri and Enid were than me, of how I might be compromising something between Adri and Matt, and how much I just wanted to fit in at this school. I scooted away from Matt a few inches so as not to give anyone the wrong idea. I just wanted to make it through my first day without making enemies. I rested my elbow on the table and my head in my hand. I was tired but not tired enough to sleep. I was almost half excited about seeing what my classes were like. I played around with my food thoughtfully.
Enid said something about quidditch but I didn't catch it and immediatly felt bad for not listening to her. She had one of those faces that you wanted to hate because it was so pretty, but couldn't help feeling the warmth and niceness of. Adri's face was also very kind, but you could tell she could hold her own, and knew how to be coy. I rubbed my finger at the two inch scar that ran across my jawbone. Suddenly I just wanted to go someone where and hide. That broom closet sounded good right about now. I felt bodgy and overwhelmed with everything that had happened today.
All you need is 20 seconds of insane courage, and I promise you something great will come of it.

-Benjamin Mee

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Thu Jan 24, 2008 2:28 pm
Kasie says...

(Cheers Phindin!)

I gazed closely at the girl opposite me, pretty and friendly were my first thoughts. As she and Matt lazed into easy conversation about Quidditch, I noticed her playful streak. She teased him constantly and by this point I had realsied that she was from a different house, Gryffindor.

I was glad that to these two the house divide meant nothing, it made things a lot more relaxed. However I noticed that others at the Slytherin table did not look happy at Adri joining us. Maybe it was these looks but I noticed how Rowan slid away from Matt.

I sensed the flirtatious vibes which were exchanged from Matt and Adri and yet I could see that Adri was not bothered by how close I sat to him, indeed she appeared more than friendly and I got the distinct impression that her sole aim was to tease Matt as much as she could. I liked her attitude, she seemed to be out to have some fun and if I read her correctly she didn't mind me joining in her little game.

I certainly didn't mind but I pondered to myself how there must be other good looking boys at Hogwarts besides Matt. My thoughts were interrupted by Matts question on Quidditch.

'I've played chaser for my last two schools' I replied enthusiastically, I had always had a passion for Quidditch. I inquired about who the captain of the Slytherin team was as I was keen to try out and my stomach did a back-flip when he replied

'I am' with a cheeky grin.
Across from us Adri's eyes glinted mischievously as Rowan continued to scrutinize us in a pleasant, confused way.
'The truly insane perform on many public stages. The sane stage their performance in the privacy of their own minds. Everyone is an actor. In the end, everyone wants applause.'
Madame Senetsky
Falling Stars by Virginia Andrews

135 Reviews

Reviews: 135
Thu Jan 24, 2008 4:21 pm
cat4prowl says...

(haha! i love your guy's conflict its hilarious!)
[Felicia]

I headed down to the Great Hall at the demand of my growling stomach. I also wanted to find Jared and see what he thought of Hogwarts. As I made my way to the Gryffindor table, I caught sight of Adri, Matt, and two other pretty girls over at the Slytherin table. I laughed as I saw them all smiling and flirting with the Slytherin, Matt I mean.

I found Jared at the far side Gryffindor table and took the seat next to him.

"So," I smiled, "What do you think of Hogwarts so far?"

114 Reviews

Thu Jan 24, 2008 6:25 pm
RoryLegend says...

Rowan-

It was easy to laugh with this group of people. Adri was particularly funny when she teased Matt. But I couldn't help wondering when class started.
"What time do clasess start?" I inquired finally tucking into my food.
All you need is 20 seconds of insane courage, and I promise you something great will come of it.

-Benjamin Mee

16 Reviews

Thu Jan 24, 2008 11:04 pm
Phindin says...

[Matt]

In all the excitement, I had completely forgotten the news I had recieved last night in my dormitory; one of the Slytherin 6th Years I shared a room with had told me that the former Slytehrin Quuidditch captain, Miles Dinge, had been sent home due to some brutal, infectious illness had contracted. I never liked Dinge much anyway, so on the whole it was good news--especially when he told me that I would taking his place.

Then Rowan asked when class started.

"Five minutes," I replied, via use of my trusty watch. "You know what class you have? It's probably the same as mine, if you're taking Charms on the NEWT level. Anyway, you guys are lucky; two 7th Years from last year played Chaser and Seeker. If you practice a bit, I bet you'll make the team. I'll tell you when tryouts are once I decide."
Last edited by Phindin on Fri Jan 25, 2008 10:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

164 Reviews

Reviews: 164
Thu Jan 24, 2008 11:14 pm
AyumiGosu17 says...

Adri

So matter-of-fact. I giggled at him.

"Never knew you were that into business-like affairs, Matt," I chided.

Thank God we were so comfortable around each other, and Matt wouldn't tolerate any shit towards me. So, why not hang out? After all, he was more interesting and entertaining than anyone in my house.
"Neglect not the gift that is in thee, which was given thee by prophecy, with the laying on of the hands of the presbytery." Timothy 4:14 KJV

114 Reviews

Fri Jan 25, 2008 6:27 pm
RoryLegend says...

Rowan-

Five minutes? I stood and gathered my things not sure of what to do next. None of the others seemed too worried about being on time to class. I, on the other hand, had no intention of being late my first day. I wanted to make a good impression on the teachers, as nerdy as that was it was true. I pulled out my schedule. I had Charms, just as Matt predicted. Matt looked up at me with a confused expression.
"In a hurry?"
"Well, no but yes, I don't want to be late. I'll just be off then, see you in class?" I pulled the strap of my bag up onto my shoulder higher and turned to walk away.

-Benjamin Mee

16 Reviews

Sat Jan 26, 2008 7:13 am
Phindin says...

[Matt]

"Business?" I said to Adri, tongue in cheek. "I was born and raised an American. What'd you expect?"

Rowan seemed to be in a hurry. Fair enough, I guess. No need to be late for the first class of the year.

"Hold up there, girl," I called after her, rising to my feet. I faced the others briefly. "Enid, you don't know your way around much, do you? Looks like the train's leaving; I don't want you guys getting lost on your first day. Coming?"

Before departing, I favored Adri with a wave and a "see you at lunch."

9 Reviews

Sat Jan 26, 2008 2:06 pm
Kasie says...

For the first time that morning I realised that I still had classes to go to, an education to get. I had been excited about Hogwarts on that front, it offered much more magical lessons than any of my previous schools.

I agreed with Matt hastily, like Rowan I did not want to make a bad impression on my first day and this huge, ever changing castle was a trap to all new students. Matt was kind in helping us, we would have been quite literally lost by ourselves. In our small group we departed Adri with smiles and waves.

Maybe it was due to the fact that I was not alone and had someone with me who knew all about Hogwarts, or maybe it was the light hearted, funny conversation but as we walked to Charms I didn't feel frightened of this vast school.

Entering the room I did a double take, there standing atop a pile of books was a tiny little man with a long beard and to top it all he couldn't have been a dwarf or anything similar as he brandished a wand. To the right of me I saw Rowans face drop too.
'The truly insane perform on many public stages. The sane stage their performance in the privacy of their own minds. Everyone is an actor. In the end, everyone wants applause.'
Madame Senetsky

114 Reviews

Sun Jan 27, 2008 12:22 am
RoryLegend says...

I'm a little confused ... sorry

Rowan-

I looked over at Enid, a confused exspression on my face. Matt smiled to himself and took a seat. I looked around the room and found a nice cozy empty chair in the back. It was nice of Matt to show me around; but guys like him don't stay friends with girls like me for long. And I supposed Enid would follow Matt to the ends of the earth if necessary. It was also quite obvious that Matt and Adri had soemthing going on. I had already prepared myself to take the blow of making absolutely no friends at Hogwarts. It wasn't because I thought the people here would be mean, I am sure they are all quite lovely, but I am just one of those people who doesn't really have friends. I was a sort of piker, only I didn't want to be social inept, it was just my sort of luck. Back home I didn't have any friends at all. People were either afraid of me because most of their parents worked under my parents. They were afraid if the said the wrong thing to me it would prevent their parents from making a quid. And for those people that weren't afraid of me, I was considered a freak, an outcast.
I was fiddling with my quil on my desk; reminising over such good times at school when a boy walked by and knocked my parchment to the ground.
"Sorry bout that." He said bending over to pick it up.
"No worries." I said absent mindedly. The boy took the seat next to me and inloaded his parchment and quills onto his desk.
"I'm Albus, by the way." He said sticking his hand out to me. When I looked at his face I noticed he wasn't bad looking, not as attractive as Matt, but still attractive. He had jet black ahir and green eyes. When he shook my hand he also flashed me a warm smile.
"Rowan." I said in short response.
"You new here?" He asked.
"Is it that obvious?"
"You just seemed a little surprised when you saw the Professor, that's all."
"Oh, what house are you in?"
"Gryffindor, you?"
"Slytherin."
"Ah, how do you like it here so far?"
"It's.. big." I laughed. He laughed too.

-Benjamin Mee

9 Reviews

Fri Feb 01, 2008 6:42 pm
Kasie says...

Please don't let this die! I was away for a week and was expecting to be completley lost in this story, turns outs no one has written since I left! Anyway, on with the story...

Enid
I noted Rowan slipping into an empty seat, she baffled me somewhat, she seemed keen all most to distance herself from people, I found it strange but knew that there was no point in pushing or pestering people like her. In the bedlam of entering the classroom I had been separated from Matt, not nessecarily a bad thing afterall I didn't want him getting big headed and besides I was keen to meet other people.

I slipped into a seat halfway up the classroom, I didn't want to be a geek sitting at the front but nor did I want to give the tiny teacher the wrong impression. Pulling out my books I opened my charms one and then feeling a presence beside me I turned with a mile to see who sat beside me.

Would it me Matt or someone who I didn't already know?
Madame Senetsky

135 Reviews

Reviews: 135
Sun Feb 03, 2008 2:10 am
cat4prowl says...

not much i can do for your conflict, but ill post anyways

[Felicia]

Jared was ecstatic about Hogwarts, as she had expected. She was relieved to be rid of him when she escaped to her first class.

Transfigurations with the Ravenclaws.

She was excited, Transfigurations was one of her favorite classes. She took a seat by a Gryffindor she didn't know.
------------------------------------------------
(ok i know its pathetic but im going to make another character for my own to interact with. It sounds kinda stupid, but I'm not going to let this die.

here he is:
Name: Draven Reyes
Year: 3rd (13 yrs)
House: Griffindor
Wand: 10 inches, Maple, Unicorn Hair
Appearance: tall and lanky, golden brown eyes, vaguely mexican features, medium length black hair
Attitude: adventurous, reckless, talkative, can be a bit of a braggart
Quidditch position (if any): Chaser for Gryffindor
Blood Type: muggle born
--------------------------------------------

[Draven]
A girl he knew from Charms last year took the seat next to him in Transfigurations. He had a feeling her name rhmyed with -eesha. Whatever. He gave her a friendly smile and took out a quill and some parchment. The Transfigurations teacher was new, different from the old hag that taught last year and he studied him with interest, wondering how much different this one would be.

Something -eesha took out her wand and set it on the table, he studied it briefly as he took out his own, then sighed dramatically.

"What?" she asked, looking confused.

"Does everybody have to have a wand bigger than mine?"

"I don't think they can help it," she gestured to his wand, "Yours is dinky."

He laughed, "Thanks."

The new professor called the class to attention.

(sorry that its so long)

sometimes i don't consider myself a poet but then i remember that i literally write poetry
— chikara