z

Young Writers Society

Typical Teenagers 2

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:09 pm
EmiSukotto16 says...

((I've been gone way too long. Computer trouble...))

Roxy

I came home after another boring day. I was slightly surprised, when I opened the front door, to see my mom siting in the living room.

"Mom?" I said, putting down my backpack. "I thought you had to work today."

"Hey! Baby Girl!" She said, getting up and giving me hug. "How was your day?"

"Fine, thanks. Why aren't you at work?"

"I'm on vacation till the end of the week, silly. You didn't think I was going to work and get ready for the party." She looked at me with a smile.

It hit me. I had totally forgotten about my own birthday.

((I'll write more later))
Llama 1:"Shh! Do you hear that? That's the sound of forgiveness."
Llama 2:"That's the sound of people drowning, Carl!"
Llama 1:"That is what forgiveness sounds like; screaming and then silence."

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Wed Nov 28, 2007 11:21 pm
Knurla says...

She sighed and shut the door behind her as she got home, dropping her keys on the table next to the door. She had dropped Max off at his house after school, and left him with a sweet good-bye kiss for the afternoon. Now, she was not ready to face the other 8 people that lived in her three room, one bathroom house. Her niece was sitting on the couch watching the Disney channel as she came in.

"Hey Aunt Amber." She greeted Amber, keeping her eyes glued to the TV set.

"Hey baby girl, is Uncle Wade and Brittany here?" She closed the door behind her and walked across the living room, giving the eight year old a hug.

"Nuh uh. I think they went to Paw Paw's for sumthin'." She shrugged, only glancing at Amber for a short moment. If she wasn't used to it, Amber would have laughed at the girl's thick country accent.

"OK, thank you sweetheart." Amber turned and went down the very short 'hallway' and into her room, dropping her book bag in the floor. She grabbed the phone and dialed Max's number. After a few rings, the answering machine picked up. "Hey Max, it's Amber. Whenever you get in, give me a call. Maybe we can go see a movie or something, k? Bye." She hung up the phone and turned her music on, hoping to relax for a while.

164 Reviews

Reviews: 164
Fri Nov 30, 2007 2:53 am
AyumiGosu17 says...

Adri

I woke to the smell of barbecue ribs, one of my favorite dishes. Obviously mom was home and had found me asleep.

I rose, not as stiffly as before, and went to the kitchen. There, as always she stood at the stove, preparing dinner. I looked at the clock. I'd been asleep for three hours!

"So, it lives!" she teased me, glancing at me. "You must have been tired! What all did you do at school today?"

I shrugged gingerly. "Not much. Saw Amber with some new kids, saw Roxy in a couple of my classes. Not too much else."

"That's good."

And that was how my life went. Small talk - rarely anything big unless we were on a trip to the mall or something - and peace. I did love my mom, but I was never a talker.
"Neglect not the gift that is in thee, which was given thee by prophecy, with the laying on of the hands of the presbytery." Timothy 4:14 KJV

103 Reviews

Reviews: 103
Fri Nov 30, 2007 12:09 pm
Dynamo says...

Amber was reading in her room a few minutes later when the phone rang. She checked the caller ID and smiled when she saw Max's number. She turned on the phone and spoke into the receiver. "Hey, Max."

"Hey," he said in his usually low growl of a voice. It made her heart flutter whenever she heard him speak like that.

"So, you want to go to the movies tonight?" she asked.

"Sounds like fun. Which one do you want to watch?"

Amber thought for a moment. "The new Hitman movie is playing at seven o'clock tonight. Wanna see it?"

"I've been dying to watch it ever since it came out," Max told her.

"Should I come get you?" Amber asked.

"No," Max said, "my dad's letting me take his car. What time should I pick you up?"

"Six o'clock. It'll give us some time to look around in the mall before the movie starts."

"Alright, I'll see you then."

"Bye."

Amber was just about to hang up the phone when she heard Max's. "Hey, Amber?"

She brought the phone back up to her face. "Yeah?"

"I can't wait to see you tonight," he said.

Amber smiled. "Me too. I'll see you at six." She hung up the phone.
Chicken <-- Egg <-- Rocket Powered Fist
Take that, science!

I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope. Which is what I do, and that enables you to laugh at life's realities.
— Dr. Seuss