Young Writers Society

Life Of Crime

110 Reviews

Reviews: 110
Fri Sep 21, 2007 1:30 pm
TNCowgirl says...

Tiny looked Althea over and frowned,
“Why do you have a gun on your own friend?” She asked,

“To keep him from getting himself killed.” Althea said, Tiny leaned against the doorway.

“You can put your gun away, they will call security if they see you with them and then you wont be able to be with Danny.” Tiny said carefully looking around, her eyes flashed over Danny’s bandaged head looking for anything that could be wrong, but he looked fine. “Althea, put the guns down.” She did and walked over to Danny’s side,

“She didn’t come to kill him, she apologized she thought he was one of your men Tiny, or one of mine.” Althea said,

“He was one of your men.” Tiny replied flatly, “Was he not?”
"And you wonder why we don't like you!" -Trumpkin
Vist my world and make it bigger!
Want a Readers crit???

36 Reviews

Reviews: 36
Fri Sep 21, 2007 3:05 pm
motherflippinflapjacks says...

Althea's eyes flashed and they went to their icy overtone when she looked at Tiny.

"It's different with him."

Althea pulled up a chair next to Danny's bed and stared at his almost lifeless body.

"What she did to Danny was wrong. I know that, you two know that, and-- I never thought I would say this-- but she knows that. And what I saw-- it was different. There was something different about her. She-- I saw her hurt and I know what that feels like... to hurt someone you love. I know that Danny would forgive her. So, for the time being, until I know he's alright, I'll have to do the same."

Ronny looked at Althea the same way he had that night he threatened to leave the gang. "So what are you saying Althea?"

Althea didn't look at him, but took Danny's hand in hers. "The moment this...cold... lets go of him, I'll think about all of us."

With that, Althea layed her head on Danny's stomach and closed her eyes.
"I wonder if Ryan realizes that he's really twelve and a passenger on the Titanic." ~ A loving friend

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Sat Sep 22, 2007 9:51 pm
Knurla says...

Kurokawa wiped her eyes, she had to recuperate herself. She got herself together and looked in the mirror; she looked like a druggie. This was doing bad things to her beauty. Sighing and sniffling away the tears, she headed for the door. Taking a deep breath, she opened it, and stepped outside. Luckily, no one but a few nurses were in the hall.

She saw an exit at the far end and headed for it, thinking that it would be a good idea to leave. She knew Althea and the others would be there soon, and was in no condition to stand up to them. Passing Danny's room, she couldn't help but think about what had happened. Did she hear voices in there? Maybe it was the doctors checking up on him.

When she got outside, she passed the side of the building and went around to the front. There sat Tiny's car. Kurokawa was shocked, and a little confused. She turned and kept walking heading towards the club.

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Sun Sep 23, 2007 1:00 pm
Rydia says...

Caleb

The owner of the weapons shop returned within the hour and informed me that Kurokawa was not available.

"Okay," I gave a half shrug, "I suppose I'll find another gang." As I spoke, little beads of sweat appeared on the man's forehead and he snatched at my arm with grubby hands.

"Wait. Don't go. I'm sure we can sort something out. How about the club, eh? She'll be at the club later and I'm sure she'll interview you then." I pretended to think about this for a few minutes and then shrugged again.

"Perhaps I'll drop by the club later then."
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

84 Reviews

Tue Sep 25, 2007 12:12 am
Knurla says...

Kurokawa made her way up the club's steps, nodding to the bouncer as she passed. There was a line of people waiting to get in, and they all screamed and moaned at her as she went in. Normally, she would have told them to p*ss off, but simply ignored them.

It was indeed crowded tonight, many people at the bar and on the dance floor. She stopped at the bar and ordered a beer, the tender giving her a surprised look.

"You normally don't drink this stuff." He said as he handed it over to her. "Don't worry about paying for it." He could tell she didn't feel well. She forced a smile and stood from the bar.

"Oh, if anyone other than....the regulars, come in, don't let them upstairs." Kurokawa turned as he nodded. He knew what she meant by 'regulars'. She headed up the stairs, and into the private party room. She sat in her big red recliner, sipping her cold beer, Chad and Jason sitting on one of the couches watching TV.

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Sep 25, 2007 11:48 am
Rydia says...

Caleb

The club was crowded and by that I mean that I couldn't even seem to get inside but then... where's the fun in a challenge without the challenge aspect? I pushed through the queue towards the bouncer, ignoring all the complaints from those I shoved aside and the people who were just generally irritated by my queue jumping.

"Get to the back of the queue," The bouncer instructed with a sharp glare.

"I'm here to see Kurokawa," I explained.

"Got an apointment?" He asked.

"Unofficially," I replied with a shrug.

"Then back in the queue." I could see this was getting me nowhere so I shrugged and headed around the side of the building. Now, every building needs some windows and it just so happened that it was a rather humid day so I found a window open. The only problem? It wasn't a ground floor room and I'm not exactly spiderman. Still, I used a lower, closed window as a handhold and then a foot hold and with some brute strength, good agility and a resourceful mind, I soon found myself clutching the edge of the open window.

I hauled myself up and took a brief glance before silently ducking again. Great. Said window just happened to open into the 'back room' that was full of the top gang members including Kurokawa herself. But then, that might just be a good thing. I braced myself, waiting for the right moment and then hauled myself through the window, landing in the room and casually strolling across to Kurokawa.
Writing Gooder

84 Reviews

Tue Sep 25, 2007 11:59 pm
Knurla says...

Chad and Jason, Kurokawa's left and right hand men, dashed across the room and tackled Caleb, wrestling him to the ground. Everyone had risen from their seats, trying to see who had come in through the window. Chad grabbed Caleb and pulled him up, holding him tightly by his arm.

Kurokawa surveyed him, pressing her bottle of beer to her lips, tossing it back and letting the cool liquid slide down her throat. Still reclined in her big red chair, she spoke from across the room.

"What do you want?"

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Sep 26, 2007 2:31 pm
Rydia says...

Caleb

I had been expecting the attack but it still hurt and I found myself on the ground and then dragged to my feet and held firmly by the arm.

"What do you want?" Kurokawa asked, appearing to be completely calm but I think she was just a little shaken and that boosted my already high level of confidence.

"I want..." I began, irritated to find that I could not shake my captor away. "...to talk."

"Well you got my attention so talk," Kurokawa shrugged, taking another deep draught of beer.

"Very well. You got a fight coming up. A war in fact and so you need gang members. Well I need a gang."

"No gang at your age? Then you're new to the street?" Kurokawa demanded. I chuckled pleasantly and took a step forward, managing, with some effort, to drag the man behind me along.

"I had a gang," I explained. "But that aint the point. Give me a test and I'll prove myself worthy. Oh and you might want to keep those windows closed in the future. You never know when someone might throw a blade through."

"Is that a threat?" Kurokawa demanded and I felt the grip on my arm tighten as the whole room tensed.

"No," I replied calmly. "Just a warning ym dear."
Writing Gooder

84 Reviews

Wed Sep 26, 2007 7:08 pm
Knurla says...

Her lips twisted in anger. "Well, I see that you were either: A) Not loyal, B) Not gang material, or C) you fled from your gang. You have really p*ssed me off by coming here; you knew I didn't want company, or else the bouncer would have let you in." Chad wrapped both hands around Caleb's arms, holding him steady.

"Chad, take him downstairs and make sure he gets out the front door and doesn't get back in." Kurokawa leaned back in her recliner, the anger and sadness oozing from her. Damn that man. Can't people have a little respect these days? She thought as Chad drug him out.

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Sep 26, 2007 7:40 pm
Rydia says...

Caleb

The man dragged me towards the door and I dug my feet in while raking my brain for some phrase, some small phrase that might change my mind. A guy who's survived as long as I have on the street doesn't do so without being resourceful.

"I was a Dragon." Now that I think about it, that was one secret that should have remained secret but this was one of those rare moments where the truth is more effective than a lie. The whole room froze, the tension cobwebbed through the air, so thick I could barely breathe. Most important of all, I was no longer moving towards the door.

"Didn't I tell you to throw that garbage out?" Kurokawa demanded with a steady voice. "He's certainly lying. No man has ever left the dragon clan."

"Like they'd want you to know," I growled, genuinely angry and hurt. Pulling away from the male kadikoy, I stormed towards the door.
Writing Gooder

84 Reviews

Tue Oct 09, 2007 11:04 pm
Knurla says...

( Come on guys, somebody else post. Me and Kitty need someone else to help us out.)

110 Reviews

Reviews: 110
Wed Oct 10, 2007 1:11 am
TNCowgirl says...

((I'm fresh out of ideas, kinda hit a writers block on somethings. :'(, ))
"And you wonder why we don't like you!" -Trumpkin
Vist my world and make it bigger!
Want a Readers crit???

The world is your oyster. Well, it’s my oyster, but you can have some of it.
— Feltrix