Young Writers Society

The Tavern

130 Reviews

Reviews: 130
Mon Feb 08, 2021 8:59 pm
View Likes
yoshi says...

Amoku poked his head up, facing Glena, "You said that 'okay' way too long."
they told me to never give up on my dreams.

so i took another nap

106 Reviews

Reviews: 106
Mon Feb 08, 2021 9:50 pm
View Likes
momonster says...

Glena looked the newcomer up and down. "Well, excuse me. Who are you?"
For sin shall no longer be your master, because you are not under the law, but under grace.
Romans 6:14 NIV

never apologize for standing up for what you believe in.

previously MomoandAppa, LordMomo, MomoMajesty, and dancingontheclouds

4237 Reviews

Reviews: 4237
Tue Feb 09, 2021 7:37 am
View Likes
KateHardy says...

"Okay..." said Harry, rolling his eyes. As much as secret agents tended to be under pressure, they didn't have to be quite so douchy about it. Suddenly feeling like this had been a bad idea, he got up, the armchair vanishing behind him.

As the man pulled something out of his suitcase, Harry considered peeking at it but decided against it. As much as he would like to show the moron that cracking open a suitcase was hardly effective against anyone with actual eyes, he really wasn't in the mood for argument. This was supposed to be a relaxing visit. He took a deep breath to stabilize himself. He couldn't resist one last barb however.

"I'm sure you're fun at parties," said Harry, whispering it just loud enough for the man to hear. He strolled back towards Jennifer, trying desperately to resist the urge to pull the stool out from under the main...or turn it into a large snake...or both.

Jennifer raised her eyebrows.

"He's a douche," Harry supplied, "now don't mention that again or I might just turn that stupid stool he's sitting on into a snake, then turn that stupid pen into a scorpion.

"Someone's feeling hurt," said Jennifer, barely suppressing a laugh.

"Oh stop it, sis," he said, lightly punching her on the arm.

"If it's any consolation, I heard the whole thing and I happen to agree that he is a douche," said Jennifer.

They exchanged a high five before turning to Tony.

"Got any superheroes where you come from?" asked Jennifer.
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

Hello! You? Yes you reading this. Have a nice day because you're wonderful and you deserve it!

Catchphrase loading. Please Wait...

130 Reviews

Reviews: 130
Tue Feb 09, 2021 1:37 pm
View Likes
yoshi says...

"I'm Amoku. I guess you usually don't elongate the stress of your words, since that wouldn't be very enjoyable to converse with," commented Amoku.
they told me to never give up on my dreams.

so i took another nap

34 Reviews

Reviews: 34
Tue Feb 09, 2021 1:44 pm
View Likes
ChesTacos says...

James frowned, he wasn't sure he liked being called a douche. Doesn't matter, in half a year they would forget about him, possibly less.

He finished his work and put it away. Maybe nobody else would approach him? He did enjoy his privacy. He reached into his suitcase and pulled something out, placing it in his ear. "I'm Amoku..."
"Got any superheroes where you live?" He captured every conversation, perfect, if the document was correct these conversations might help him.
*boop*

4237 Reviews

Tue Feb 09, 2021 2:49 pm
View Likes
KateHardy says...

"Notice anything strange in the air?" asked Jennifer, suddenly frowning as she looked around them.

"No..." said Harry, complete with a confused expression.

"Not in the visible spectrum genius...look at the sound waves around us...tell me that does not look suspicious."

"Who the heck would...ohhh..." said Harry, trailing off as he noticed it too. The air around them definitely shouldn't be doing that...and it looked like there was some sort of trail...leading back to James. Harry frowned. The not so stellar first impression is one thing but ...this. Not on my watch, douchebag.

"It's that idiot," said Harry, "I don't know exactly what he's doing but it looks like he's using something to eavesdrop on everyone here."

"Oh dear, yes...remember that one time in Scandorova," said Jennifer.

"Indeed," said Harry.

"Excuse me," said Jennifer, turning to Tony, "although looks like this might concern you to. That idiot over there with the suitcase is eavesdropping on everyone here...maybe go around and tell everyone...specially those kids over there." Jennifer pointed to a winged girl chatting with a boy near the bar.

Harry flashed an apologetic smile and got up. He'd walked in hoping for some relaxation but this, this was going to be a lot more fun.

"Come along, sis," said Harry, stomping over to James.

"Now...James...would you mind telling us what recording our conversations would do?" said Harry, not bothering to keep his voice down. This concerned everybody and there was no point making this private. If James had made a better first impression, he might have been more considerate but the way that James had acted so far erased any trace of sympathy Harry had for the man.
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

Hello! You? Yes you reading this. Have a nice day because you're wonderful and you deserve it!

34 Reviews

Tue Feb 09, 2021 2:54 pm
View Likes
ChesTacos says...

James panicked "um...well recording is a bit harsh...though I feel like keeping you alive is presently more uh...important than your privacy" James stumbled over his words. "Please...this must be done...we have reason to believe there is a Periculo Level creature in this Tavern and if we don't locate it...and I've already said too much." James scooted a bit further away from Harry.
*boop*

4237 Reviews

Tue Feb 09, 2021 5:13 pm
View Likes
KateHardy says...

"Um..nope...trust me, I know what I'm talking about," said Jennifer, stepping closer along with Harry.

"Uh huh...privacy and saving lives are two very different things," said Harry, nodding along, "besides we don't really believe a word that you're saying...but...say we entertain the idea this is actually real...I'd need proof."

"Yeah, as much as we certainly don't believe you, we can't just ignore this on the off chance an actual threat is here...so...if you've got a monster here...prove it," said Jennifer, "and before you say anything...trust me when I say, nothing can kill us."

"Yeah, " said Harry, "an actual monster might actually be a nice change of pace today."

"Harry," said Jennifer with a sigh.

"What? It would be fun to stretch our legs a bit," said Harry.
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

34 Reviews

Tue Feb 09, 2021 5:30 pm
View Likes
ChesTacos says...

James frowns "I've told you it's confidential, please just let me work." James reaches for his phone and dials in a number. "Connect me to Andrew Watson" after some silence, James says "hey kid, listen where are you on that tracking? OK, got it." He chuckles "yeah, sure kid...that is if I make it out alive." There's a pause "I'm fine at the moment." James scribbles something down on his notebook, he figured his best bet would be to ignore them.
*boop*

4237 Reviews

Tue Feb 09, 2021 5:37 pm
View Likes
KateHardy says...

"Uh...no, you don't just ignore us," said Harry, "if there is a genuine threat...you show it to us and let us help...otherwise we decide you're the threat and trust me you don't want that."

Jennifer nodded in agreement. Harry could see her eyes starting to glow faintly under her tinted glasses. She clearly was feeling just as uneasy about this as he was. That was never a good sign.
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

34 Reviews

Tue Feb 09, 2021 5:40 pm
View Likes
ChesTacos says...

James scoffed "I don't need your help and I'm not going to start a panic, I rather enjoy my job so no I will not disclose any information."
*boop*

4237 Reviews

Tue Feb 09, 2021 5:54 pm
View Likes
KateHardy says...

"Oh if you continue to act like that, you're definitely going to start a panic," Harry shot back. "We need a reason to believe you...or we're going to get involved. This is the last warning. I have no reason to think anything you're doing is actually helpful, for all I know your "work" is blowing this whole place up. And there is not actual threat besides you."

"You have ten seconds to decide which option you'd rather go with, show us some real proof and maybe we'll either back down or help you out...or...we can do this the hard way," said Jennifer. She held up ten fingers.

"Ten, " she mouthed.

"Nine," mouthed Harry.
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

34 Reviews

Tue Feb 09, 2021 6:05 pm
View Likes
ChesTacos says...

"OK! OK! OK!" James says, "just don't tell anyone, the last thing I need is for my target to find out I'm tracking them." Hesitantly he slides a folder towards Harry and Jennifer.
*boop*

4237 Reviews

Thu Feb 11, 2021 9:48 am
View Likes
KateHardy says...

Harry glanced over the folder, frowning.

"Well, this isn't wrong," said Harry, "it is capable of being accessed by many dimensions...although calling this interdimensional is wrong by definition and so is calling it a portal...but..most of all, I fail to see how this is even remotely dangerous."
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

34 Reviews

Thu Feb 11, 2021 1:47 pm
View Likes
ChesTacos says...

"All beings not of this world must be considered dangerous until further notice" James said, taking the folder back. "Now if you'll excuse me, I have work to do." He stood up from the bar and began marching off when suddenly he clutched his head, groaning in pain. He begin to sweat profusely and stumble around blindly.
*boop*

I didn't want to slow time, I just wanted to make a little rock.
— MomoMajesty's brother