z

Young Writers Society

AMAZING Battle Royale SB!(Started-Accepting)

51 Reviews

Reviews: 51
Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:47 pm
Fortissimo says...

Lilia has gone to hunt for more food, but she knows that I am horrible at keeping watch. Well, I guess I’m worse at hunting. I lay on the couch and study the map, and think about the plan Lilia came up with. Seems like it could work, in my opinion. After about an hour I hear something upstairs. It almost, almost seemed like a snore.

“Ohh no,” I gasped, almost to loud. Someone is sleeping on the couch upstairs. What should I do? Wait to Lilia comes back and risk her being to loud and waking him/her up? Or me waiting to long and him/her coming downstairs and killing me! It could have a knife or gun! I run outside and grab a big rock, and I walk inside, towards the steps which could lead me to who knows what! I grab my manual and take off my shoes. I tiptoe up the stairs, only to see Nicholas Alber asleep on the couch.

He moans and sits up, and I run behind the couch. Geez, the rock is getting heavy. What if he stands and sees me? Stupid move on my part. He falls back on the couch and goes into a half-sleep. I walk around, on his head side. I have know idea what to do. If I start choking him now, he’ll wake up and stand up and knock me down, he’s huge and strong.

Luckily, he’s laying on one hand, and the other is on his stomach. I roll up the manual and lower it above his mouth. I grab the rock in one arm, surprisingly, I don’t drop it. In one fluid motion, I shove the manual in his mouth and I straddle my legs across his body, sitting on his stomach, making his hands unusable, and I throw the rock on his legs. He jolts awake, and screams in pain. I probably broke one of his ribs or his tibia. Now that my rock hand is free, I squeeze his nose, thinking it might reduce the amount of air he gets. With his possibly unbroken leg, he pushes the rock on the floor. The rock I could barely hold in one arm, he can kick with one leg. What a brute. He struggles to get air and slowly fades away.

Lilia walks in and congratulates me. She must have seen him went she left to go hunting. I smile. I grab the pen out of his pocket, and write the words, “EPIC WIN,” on his forehead. My first kill, I’m so excited. We grab his pack and his supplies and head back to the basement. I have a feast on his jerky and crackers, which have never tasted so good.

Nicholas Alber dead. In the North-East portion of the island.
Live Life. Love Life. Be A Writer. YWS(:

All we are saying is give peace a chance.
~John Lennon

As usual, there is a great woman behind every idiot.
~John Lennon

http://www.charitywater.org/

151 Reviews

Reviews: 151
Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:13 pm
Amfliflier says...

Sorry. Erik kept pushing the submit button! :)
Last edited by Amfliflier on Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Forever for All <3

MUSIC RULES! :)

Everyday is Earth Day! :D

151 Reviews

Amfliflier says...

Oh Erik...
Last edited by Amfliflier on Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Forever for All <3

151 Reviews

Amfliflier says...

Here it is! :)
Last edited by Amfliflier on Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Forever for All <3

151 Reviews

Amfliflier says...

I ran into the kitchen and grabbed the bags off of the counter, and then dashed back to the living room, remembering Misty's shotgun stowed in the corner. I tried not to look at the face of Gloria Davis, but I looked down for a split-second.

"She tried to kill me, remember?" I say to myself, feeling a bit better. I run outside into the afternoon sunshine. I have to watch the ground to make sure I don't step on any land mines. So far, those things have caused me more pain than security. I can see one mound on either side of me, but they're both relatively far away, so I keep going. I see the coast in the distance and I head for that, thankful that I have a destination.

I keep running but I stop short when I get to the top of a hill. I see the smallest kid in my class, Kouhei Takahashi, laying down on the side of the hill. His back is facing me, but I can hear him muttering. I look around, expecting to see someone that he's talking to, but he must be talking to himself. I step on a dried leaf, and he whirls around and sends me the death glare.

"Should we kill him?" He says to nobody. His eyes dart around manically while he waits for a response.

"Agreed." He picks up a shovel which I didn't see before. He looks at me and runs toward me wielding the shovel.

"For the three of us!" I look around again, making sure no one else was there. He must be insane, because I don't see anyone else. I sigh as I load and cock the gun. If we were on flat ground, he would've reached me by now, but running uphill carrying a shovel couldn't have been easy. I raised the gun and aimed it at his head. Right when I pulled the trigger, he decided it was a good time to trip. I just barely grazed his shoulder, but a steady stream of blood was pouring out. he seemed oblivious to the wound and kept running. I cocked it again and shot him in the chest where I'd have a better shot at hitting him. I pulled the trigger and hit him in the stomach. He doubled over and held his stomach.

He seemed to be arguing with himself again.

"I could've done it if you weren't in charge!" He shouted angrily. "That's not true! You know that!" I felt bad for the guy. At least I could say I killed him because he was insane. I aimed the gun at his head and pulled the trigger one last time.

He whisoered faintly, "You're right. I failed."

Kouhei Takahashi dead, on the coast somewhere.
Forever for All <3

73 Reviews

Reviews: 73
Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:23 pm
DaSpetsnaz says...

Amfliflier, you posted about lucas 4 times.
"Is this the real life, or is this just fantasy? Caught in a landslide, no escape from reality."

-Queen

106 Reviews

Reviews: 106
Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:04 pm
Funkymomo says...

she needs to learn patience.
Light one candle instead of cursing the darkness.

151 Reviews

Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:21 pm
Amfliflier says...

I just wanted to replay his death many times. Is that a problem? xD ;)
Forever for All <3

51 Reviews

Reviews: 51
Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:31 pm
Fortissimo says...

I went out hunting to get my mind off of Nicholas. I set a trap, a bad one, and have no luck. I climbed up a high tree and sat up there for a while. I thought about my family, and how I missed them so much. My mom would be so proud of me, if she knew how strong I've become, and how I'm not a coward any more. I hope I will be able to go home to my mom and sister, and tell them tons of stories. Although, it would only hurt them more, knowing that I have killed innocent people, just like my father.

I hear noise below me. It's faint and close, considering I'm only about 25 feet up. I see Joey Peters below me, he wipes sweat from his forehead with the back of his hand. He continues walking about 200 feet until he sits down against a tree, with his back facing me. I slowly climb down the tree, carefully choosing thick branches that, hopefully, won't crack, signally Joey that I'm behind him. Finally, I reach the ground, and I quickly duck behind a big bush. I peek through the stragily branches and notice that he has no visible weapon on him. I grab the pen, and began quietly sharpening it on a rock. For the sake of variety, I'm trying the pen instead of the survival manual, which I realized I left back at Lilia's and my, "base." I touch the end of the pen after sharpening it for about three minutes and a trickle of blood comes out of my finger.

As I get closer, just about 15 feet away, I realize his pants don't have any pockets. So if I can get to him fast enough, he won't be able to pull anything out of his pockets. I put my pen in my pocket, deciding I might take a friendlier approach to this. I stand on the other side of the tree and whisper his name. He leaps up, spins around and throws up his hands in an awkward ninja position that makes him look really stupid.

"I'm not here to hurt you, but it would be easy, considering you have no idea how to fight." I say.

"I do to know how to fight," he replies, trying to make himself look cool.

"Okay, shut up, because you're just embarrassing yourself," I contradict.

"Whatever," he says, making a valley girl hand gesture and putting his other hand on his hip. I roll my eyes.

"Are you here to make an alliance, because I work alone." Joey is an odd duck.

"Yes, I see, and how is that working? You look like you haven't eaten in days."

"I am a naturally great fighter, with or without food."

"You seriously are the dumbest person I've met, that sentence doesn't even make sense!" I take my fist and jab it into his gut.

"I wasn't ready!" He complained. Oh my gosh, now I have a headache. If only aspirin was my weapon. "About our alliance..." he said, as if it were a pickup line. Not working.

"Okay this conversation has gone too far." I slap him across the face and knee him... well you know where. He falls to the ground and I stab him with my pen/knife in the leg.

"This relationship may not workout as planned." He admits, seeming disappointed.

"Ya think?" I reply. I stick the pen in his ear and blood gushes out. I flip the pen/knife around to the pen side and write

"Epic win, the sequel," on his forehead. I throw the pen in my bag and sling his bag over my shoulder. Thanks Nicholas, for the gift of a pen, which is surprisingly useful.

JOEY PETERS DEAD. SOMEWHERE IN THE NORTH-EAST AREA OF THE ISLAND.
Live Life. Love Life. Be A Writer. YWS(:

All we are saying is give peace a chance.
~John Lennon

As usual, there is a great woman behind every idiot.
~John Lennon

http://www.charitywater.org/

22 Reviews

Reviews: 22
Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:01 pm
posum says...

I feel the collar around my neck. It's metallic coldness so prone to killing me and anyone who would attempt to flee from this hell hole. I turn, he is back. I walk over to where I heard the rustling. "Not very stealthy are we?" I think. A crossbow bolt goes whizzing by my head. I run toward where it was fired. It usually takes someone 10 seconds to reload. I count to ten and dive toward a bush. Another bolt flies over my head. I roll and charge. He is in sight. One of my tomahawks digs into his arm after I hurl it at him. The poison begins to creep through his veins. He drops the crossbow and with a blood curdling scream of a madman, he throws himself at me, knife in hand. I try to block the overhead blow to my head and he carves off my pinkie. The hatchet falls from my hands. His knife smashes into my kneecap and I fall to the ground. He raises his knife for the killing blow. A punch to the face drives him off and he falls to the ground, his nose at an odd angle. He quickly regains his feet and we clash again. He cuts my arm and I cry out. I punch his stomach and smash his head on my knee. Dazed, he backs away and shakes his head. perspiration forms on my brow and I run away. Like a confused animal, he looks around and roars at the sky. He has truly gone mad. I hide behind an overturned wheelbarrow. I take aim while he drops to his knees, the poison is spreading. A crack forms in his skull and his face splits in two. My aim was perfect. I walk over to the corpse that used to be Thomas. And for the first time in seven years I speak. “We are now even.” And I walk away, his eyes staring blankly at the blue sky.
Thomas Dead
To die is to lose and I always win
except for that one time...
that really hurt...

22 Reviews

Reviews: 22
Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:01 pm
posum says...

I feel the collar around my neck. It's metallic coldness so prone to killing me and anyone who would attempt to flee from this hell hole. I turn, he is back. I walk over to where I heard the rustling. "Not very stealthy are we?" I think. A crossbow bolt goes whizzing by my head. I run toward where it was fired. It usually takes someone 10 seconds to reload. I count to ten and dive toward a bush. Another bolt flies over my head. I roll and charge. He is in sight. One of my tomahawks digs into his arm after I hurl it at him. The poison begins to creep through his veins. He drops the crossbow and with a blood curdling scream of a madman, he throws himself at me, knife in hand. I try to block the overhead blow to my head and he carves off my pinkie. The hatchet falls from my hands. His knife smashes into my kneecap and I fall to the ground. He raises his knife for the killing blow. A punch to the face drives him off and he falls to the ground, his nose at an odd angle. He quickly regains his feet and we clash again. He cuts my arm and I cry out. I punch his stomach and smash his head on my knee. Dazed, he backs away and shakes his head. perspiration forms on my brow and I run away. Like a confused animal, he looks around and roars at the sky. He has truly gone mad. I hide behind an overturned wheelbarrow. I take aim while he drops to his knees, the poison is spreading. A crack forms in his skull and his face splits in two. My aim was perfect. I walk over to the corpse that used to be Thomas. And for the first time in seven years I speak. “We are now even.” And I walk away, his eyes staring blankly at the blue sky.
Thomas Dead
To die is to lose and I always win
except for that one time...
that really hurt...

26 Reviews

Reviews: 26
Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:09 am
Roadnevertravelled says...

Re O'Neill

I was careful as I stalked my pray. I breathed a long, deep, quiet breath and released it slowly. I knew that if I was careful enough, I would catch him by surprise, and he would be my next meal. I had food, but I wanted him. He would taste a lit better than crackers and water. I inched forwards through the leaves, careful not to break any twigs under my foot, and came a little closer to my prey.

I had watched for almost half an hour as he sat there, calm as ever, eating some nuts. I was only three meters away, close enough to just attack, but he would have gotten away, and I would've failed. He was on his fifth nut, and I knew if I didn't kill him now, he'd reach for the nut bush I was hiding behind and sense me.

I moved slowly and carefully, inching my foot towards the bush. I was careful not to make a sound. I was only two meters away now. I saw him look up, and knew it was time to attack. I rushed forwards and grabbed his slim body in my hands. He squirmed, but with one fast snap of his neck, he was dead. I peeled back his soft hairy skin so the warm fatty meat of him was showing. Then I dug in.
Squirrel dead.
If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

151 Reviews

Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:19 am
Amfliflier says...

Alison walked back to the basement with a successful grin on her face. I notice she's holding the pen she got, and it's covered in blood.

"It went well?" I ask. She nods.

"Joey Peters. He was hitting on me, trying to make an alliance. Ugh." I smiled. We both knew how cocky and how much of a ladies-man he was, or he thought anyway. I give her a friendly hug, feeling proud.

"So what do we do now?" I ask.

"Just keep finding people. With this strategy, we can win!" She replied happily. I ate a few more crackers, and I notice we don't have very many left.

"Did you get Joey's bag? We're running low on food."

"Oh yeah!" She says, smacking her hand against her forehead. She plops his bag down onto the table.

"He didn't have a weapon?" I ask.

"Nope. Not that I saw, anyway." I shrug, just glad that I wasn't one of the people who didn't get a weapon. I grab my crowbar and head out the door into the sunshine.

I suddenly feel very drowsy. I just want to fall asleep in the warm sunshine.

"Hey, do you mind if I take a nap? I'm kinda tired."

"Sure. Just stay near here. I'll watch."

"Thanks." I say. I lay down on the soft green grass, lulled to sleep by the chirping crickets, singing birds, and swishing leaves.

In the North-East part of the island, with Alison Hawley.
Forever for All <3

151 Reviews

Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:07 pm
Amfliflier says...

I grabbed Kouhei's shovel, bag, and ran. I was loaded down with so many bags I bet my run looked more like I was drunk. All of the bags kept slapping against my side. It tired me out faster than normal, so I had to stop for a while.

What was I thinking? I had left a nice, warm, safe house, and come to live outside with no plan for shelter. I shrug, took a long drink from one of the water bottles, and kept going. After a while I was on the coast. I felt so sweaty, and I just wanted to cool off. I set down everything, making sure the guns were under the bags so no one would see them, and jumped into the ocean. The cool water splashed against my face, and the waves tossed me around. I dove under a large wave and came up laughing.

How could I have such a good time when my classmates were killing each other? I was swimming, while they were all dying? How did that work? I shrugged, and dove back under another wave. I just laid down on the bottom, letting the waves roll over my back. I only came up when my lungs started to ache. When the sweet breath hit my throat, I felt like all was right with the world.

When my fingers started to look like prunes, I got out of the ocean, shivering. Nevertheless, I felt refreshed. I grabbed all of my bags and headed towards the thin woods. I emptied one of the bags and filled it with grass. I punched it, to make sure it was soft. I loaded my handgun and kept it at my side, while I was being dried by the warm sun.

"Everything's going to be alright." I said to myself as my vision faded to black.

On the coast, half-way between 89 and 111. Alone, open to alliances! :)
Forever for All <3

151 Reviews

Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:19 pm
Amfliflier says...

Alison shook me awake. I must've been asleep for some time, because it was getting pretty dark outside.

"Wake up. We need to go back to the basement." I nodded, knowing I couldn't sleep out in the open when it was dark. I walked back to the basement, and locked the door behind me. I flipped on my flashlight, and a bright white light illuminated the room.

"So no one came by while I was asleep?"

"Nope. Everything was quiet."

"Hm. You'd think someone would come by. Maybe there are less kids left than we think." I regretted saying it, but I knew it was true. In the end, the whole class would be dead except for one. And I knew whoever it was, they wouldn't be the same. I grabbed a piece of beef jerky from the bag. I chewed it slowly, thinking.

"Did you know you talk in your sleep?" Alison said out of nowhere.

"No! What did I say?" I replied, immediatley intrigued.

"Something about homemade chicken pie, or something. Also, about a ghost? Did you have a dream or something?"

"No? At least, I don't think so." Alison yawned, and her eyes started drooping.

"Do you want to sleep?" I already knew her answer.

"Mm hm." She laid down on the army cot.

"Now we'll see if you talk in your sleep." She laughed, and after a few minutes her breathing fell into a rhythm. I turned off the flashlight and started wondering if I did have a dream.

I chuckled to myself. Chicken pie and a ghost? Honestly?

In a basement in the North-East part of the island, with Alison.
Forever for All <3

Okay, first of all, who names their dinner? I don't want to know my dinner's name. This potato--is this potato named Steve?
— Rick Riordan, The Sword of Summer