z

Young Writers Society

Captured!

52 Reviews

Reviews: 52
Wed Aug 29, 2007 8:25 am
SishBee says...

**Hey! Sorry, I was on holiday! Thanks for not letting it die guys!.. sort of**

Tas ran, jumped and grabbed the necklace. The moment he did so, the redness of the ruby disapeared and a large jungle grew up around them. There was a roaring behind them. They turned to see a giant snake towering above them. On the end of its tail was the head of a lion.

~SishBee~
x
"We are all in the gutter but some of us are looking at the stars."
-Oscar Wilde

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Wed Aug 29, 2007 10:40 pm
Maybe says...

...What...just happened? I'm baffled.

And to answer Fire's question...I'm Tas, in the necklace, and the necklace is located in either your or Alynne's pocket. That's that.
Be the cartoon heart. Light a fire, light a spark. Light a fire, flame in my heart. We'll run wild, we'll be glowing in the dark.

141 Reviews

Reviews: 141
Thu Aug 30, 2007 4:24 am
Firestalker says...

Oh thanks but i'm still a little confused.
--
Who is not Insane one man ask, the answer being a fool.
Are you Insane the same man asks, - "Oh yes!. The Mad Hatter being saner!"

52 Reviews

Reviews: 52
Thu Aug 30, 2007 5:13 pm
SishBee says...

*Um, Tas and Tave were transported into a forest/jungle with a monster about to strike. This is one of the spells used to protect the necklaces and stop anyone ho enters them, from returning.*

~SishBee~
x
"We are all in the gutter but some of us are looking at the stars."
-Oscar Wilde

116 Reviews

Thu Aug 30, 2007 8:52 pm
Maybe says...

*Brightens* OOOOOHHHHHHH! Ok, i get it now! I shall post! Muhahaha-*coughs* lol, sorry, i just got home from school and get all bent up hyperness out.

"Uh...hey Tave?" Tas asked, his eyes fixed on the beast.

"Yeah?"

"What the hell is that?"

"I haven't the slightest idea but-" Tave was cut short by the snake/lion beast lunging towards them. Tave and Tas jumped out of the way.

"How do we kill it, or better yet get out of here!?" Tas shouted to Tave who was now on the opposite side of the reptile.

*Hope this helps. i dont know what else to do...*
Be the cartoon heart. Light a fire, light a spark. Light a fire, flame in my heart. We'll run wild, we'll be glowing in the dark.

11 Reviews

Reviews: 11
Thu Aug 30, 2007 11:28 pm
logosgal says...

^Whoa! That's really cool, ShishBee! :D

DM wrote:aiee! that was splendid...but now i'm stuck again! Who's there!?
erm, good question. It was uhm... Grunhilda the Viking Toothfairy!
No, no, no, that's not it. Well, let's see...

------------------

The Chronicles of Allynne

"Who's there?" I repeated.

There was no immediate answer. Slowly, I turned around. I could indistinctly make out the silhouette of someone sitting in the shadowy back corner of the room. I took a fearful step back as the shape stirred and came into the dim light of the lamp burning in the opposite corner. I could make out the worn face of a man in his early thirties with wavy brown hair and blue eyes. He looked vaguely familiar.

"What, don't you recognize me, Allynne?" he smirked. The voice was very familiar.

"Drew?" The man nodded. I gasped.

"I thought you had been killed or re-captured or something!"

I had run away from my last master with Drew, at the time a fellow slave in his mid-twenties. Most of the other slaves had stayed away from him because he was always telling crazy stories about how he'd come from another world. Everyone thought he was insane. I had never believed him, either, but we became sort of friends anyway, and when it came time to escape, I was glad to have him with me. I had last seen him about six months ago. I wondered how he had aged so quickly. I wondered a lot of things just then.

"Why did you disappear like that? Have you been in here the whole time? Why do you look so much older than you did last time? Where have you been all this time? How did you get in here? How do you know Zade? What's--"

Drew held up his hand for silence. "Who's Zade?"

"The elf who just teleported himself out of this room," I answered incredulously. "I said that I hate it when he disappears like that, and you said, 'me, too,' remember?"

Drew laughed. "No. I thought you were talking about me appearing in the room so suddenly. I don't know how I got in here. One moment I was sitting down to dinner at home, and the next I found myself sitting down in that chair in the corner over there, with no food in sight, and you saying, 'I hate it when he does that.'"

I looked at him suspiciously.

"You don't believe me, do you?" Drew stated.

"It's not that I don't believe you..." I started delicately.

"Come on, Allynne," he smiled, "I know you better than that. You won't make me angry by saying that you don't believe me. I've gotten used to it by now."

"I don't believe you," I admitted.

Drew shrugged. "In that case, you won't believe the answers to your other questions, either. I disappeared because I went home, somehow. I look older because I am older: in my world, it's been almost five years since I saw you last. How long has it been here?"

"About six months," I answered, still not really believing him. I wanted to ask where he had really been, but I knew that he had already told me the only story he would tell.

"To be honest," Drew continued, "I had begun to wonder if this place was really real. I never told anyone in my world about it. No one even noticed I was gone, because I came back at almost exactly the same time I left. Of course, toward the end of my last visit, I began to wonder if my world was just a dream, too."

"Maybe it is," I suggested moodily. "Or maybe this is a dream right now."

Drew recited:
    If we shadows have offended,
    Think but this, and all is mended,
    That you have but slumber'd here
    While these visions did appear.
    And this weak and idle theme,
    No more yielding but a dream
"Is that one of your Am-areikah sayings?"

"Yeah," Drew smiled. "I don't care, much. If it's a dream, then I'll just wake up and everything will be fine. If not, then I'll just have to do my best."

I rolled my eyes. Yep, he's still crazy, I thought.

I was about to grill him with more questions, when I noticed that he was staring at my neck. Then I remembered that I was still wearing the Necklace of Axymalz.

"I think I've seen that somewhere before," he said, indicating the necklace.

-------

P.S. Um, now I'm a bit confused, too. Are Tas and Tave still in the necklace, and a forest has popped up around them, or have they been transported to a forest somewhere in this world outside of the necklace, or have they been teleported into another dimension, or what??
Home is where the books are.

141 Reviews

Fri Aug 31, 2007 2:56 am
Firestalker says...

A small question where the hell is my character??
--

11 Reviews

Fri Aug 31, 2007 4:13 pm
logosgal says...

Correct me if I got something wrong, but here's where everyone is, as I understand it:

Tave: ShishBee's character. She's in a jungle somewhere, either in the necklace or out of it, or in some other dimension, being attacked by a strange snake/lion creature.

Tas: Dark Magik's character. He's with Tave. He and Tave are two months ahead of everyone else because of the weird time in the necklace.

Allynne: My character. She's in a room at an inn in the port city of T'yarmik, talking to some guy named Drew who randomly popped up out of nowhere.

Jly: Nuttychooky's character. As far as we know, he's still hanging out on the ship in the harbor, having a lovely good time without us.

Xian: Bedhead's character. He's still on the ship, too.

Yshvyt: ShadowTwit's character. He's in Liua, probably also having lots of fun without the rest of us...

(NOTE: Bedhead, nuttychooky and ShadowTwit haven't posted here in awhile.)

Zade: Your character, Firestalker. Last you posted, he teleported himself out of the room that Allynne's in, with an idea of how to get Tas back:
Firestalker wrote:Zade

"Correct me if I'm wrong. We're going to sail our ship in two months if Tas and Tave don't come back" Asked Allynne
"Yes. And don't worry i just got a great idea to get Tas back" I said and teleported again.
"I hate when he does that" said Alynne
"yeah me too" said 'someone'
Now you have to tell us where he's gone to. Obviously, since two months have already passed in the outside world from the necklace, Zade and Allynne can't get Tas and Tave back for at least two months. Does that make sense?

Hopefully that's [s]right[/s] helpful!

141 Reviews

Fri Aug 31, 2007 4:37 pm
Firestalker says...

**ooooooooooooooooh thanks that helsped me a lot.**

Zade

I teleported to where the other mystics were.
"Made your mind up yet?" asked one Mystic
"Tell me how to get Tas out of that neck less." i said
"Your little friend who's captain? I thought you liked being captain?" asked the same Mystic the added "Whats in it for us?"
"h if you tell me i wont let our beloved king know what you have been working on these days and why you need me so much" I said smiling viciously
"You wouldn't" said another Mystic
"Oh wouldn't I Glin? Try me" I said
One Mystic took a step forward but was stopped by the Mystic Glin.
"TAs and the other one must kill the Queen of elements in the neck less and you and your.... friends must kill the former keeper of the neck less even if he is dead and soak the neck lss in his blood. Then Tas must recite a old spell i written on the walls of the largest gem or diamand in the neck less. Only then will they be able to escape. But you must break the neck less and fast as possible or the other elements will follow you" Explained Glin
"Please Zade join us again" begged one of the Mystics
"I may or may not but do not forget that I owe you" I said and teleported back to where Allynne
I told her about what had happened and the added "Who the hell is he?" pointing at Drew.
--

116 Reviews

Fri Aug 31, 2007 8:51 pm
Maybe says...

Woot! This sounds fun...but i have NO IDEA what to post right now so.....yeah!

11 Reviews

Sat Sep 01, 2007 1:10 am
logosgal says...

Ok, now things are getting really weird. Awesome! :D

-------------

Allynne’s tale

"What? Where?" How could Drew have seen the Necklace of Axymalz before? Hadn't it been in that mage's house?

"I don't remember," Drew replied. "It was a long time ago, near the beginning of my first visit here. I just remember the necklace, is all. Where did you get it?"

I opened my mouth to form some sort of reply, when Zade suddenly teleported back into the room. Before I knew what was happening, words were streaming out of his mouth so quickly it almost made me dizzy.

"ItalkedtothemysticsandtheysaidTashastokillthequeenofelementsandwehavetokilltheformerkeeperofthenecklaceandsoakitinhisbloodandhaveTasrecitethespellonthenecklaceandwehavetodoitsoonor—" he interrupted himself, finally noticing Drew.

"Who is he?"

I paused a moment, replaying the elf's words, trying to understand what he had just said.

"Um, this is Drew," I said distractedly. "He's a friend, mostly harmless."

Drew stood and approached the elf. As he came more into the light, I could see that he was wearing a strange white sort of short tunic with a collar and buttons up the front and a pocket on the chest. His legs were covered by dark trousers.

"You must be Zade," he said, extending his right hand in his usual greeting ritual. "Nice to meet you."

Drew kept his hand out, obviously expecting something. Zade looked at it.

“What does he want?” Zade whispered to me. I suppressed a laugh.

“Drew,” I admonished, ”you know people around here don’t ‘shake hands,’ like you always insist on trying to do.”

“Oh, right,” Drew grinned sheepishly and lowered his arm. “I’d forgotten.”

“Now, Zade,” I continued, “you were trying to communicate something about Tas when you got here,” I said. “Can you say what you said again, a little more slowly, please?"

Zade sighed and repeated it, excruciatingly slowly this time.

“So we have to do it soon,” Zade finished, “or else the other elements will follow us.”

“Okaay,” I was a bit confused still. I looked over at Drew and took some satisfaction in the absolutely confounded look that spread across his face.

“You mean there’s a person in there?” He said in amazement.

“Actually, at least two,” I replied. “Fairies.”

“Whoa,” said Drew. “So, who’s the last keeper of the necklace, the mage, or the last person to have it legitimately, or what?”

“The Keeper of the necklace is probably the warrior or creature or whatever who was commissioned by Atenmal to hide and protect the necklace. I don’t know how we can kill someone who’s already dead, though, as the Keeper must be by this time.”

“Necromancy?”

“Ugh, I don’t like the sound of that,” I replied.

“What, exactly, is this thing, anyway?” Drew asked.

I told the story that Bennya had told all those years ago, as well as I could remember it.

“…Then Atenmal had the necklace hidden somewhere and set up some sort of guard for it. Some people say that it’s still hidden in Mexil somewhere, but obviously it’s not, since we have it right here. At some point the hiding place must have been found and the necklace stolen,” I concluded. “I had never fully believed that story, you know, what with the fairies entering the necklace and all. I still might not, but I saw Tave do it right here in this room.”

“Well, I guess we’ll have to go to Mexil and see if we can find this Keeper there,” Zade said.

“Mexil’s a lost city,” I said. “Once Gelinfur took over, he moved the capital to Corrien, where it is today. No one alive now knows exactly where Mexil was.”

“Does anyone know roughly where it was?” Drew asked. “I mean, would it be possible to get some idea as to what region it was in?”

“Well, it was somewhere near the middle of Gildur,” I sighed.

“See? Now we have an idea,” Drew said. “Let’s go to Gildur!”

Zade looked incredulously at Drew. “Do you know how big Gildur was? It would take us years to search the whole region! But I think I know where we might be able to find out where to look.”

At that, I quickly grabbed Zade’s arm and held tight. “You’re not going to go popping off somewhere without us again, are you?”

“As a matter of fact, I—”

“No, you’re not. You’re taking us with you to wherever you’ve got in mind here.”

“Fine,” Zade sighed.

141 Reviews

Sat Sep 01, 2007 11:49 am
Firestalker says...

**Hey i like that handshake part.**
***Thanks***

Zade

"Fine, but don't ask me questions and don't thinks of anything that would anger anyone. Mystics know everything." I said then teleported to where they were.
"What now Zade?" asked Glin
"I thought you would already know?" I said
"Of course we know" said a new Mystic I hadn't seen before
"Who's he" I asked
"I replacement for -" Said Glin
"For me" I finished "You know better than that to choose some puny fool like him"
"Now tell me or you'll lose your..... replacement" I said
I lifted my hand. The new Mystic was lifted with it. I moved my hand up, down and sideways continuously. The new Mystic was moved in the same directions.

**The rest is for you guys. I don't know exactly what to write**
--

11 Reviews

Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:42 am
logosgal says...

*bows* glad you liked--
Ooh! Power struggle! Coolness!! :D
Can't post now, though. :(

141 Reviews

Sun Sep 02, 2007 5:08 am
Firestalker says...

**Hey come on i don't know what to post here someone post about what the Mystic says please.**
--

11 Reviews

Tue Sep 04, 2007 7:50 pm
logosgal says...

Okay, okay! I'm posting! :D

----------------------

Allynne's Account

I watched in morbid fascination as Zade magically jerked the other Mystic around the room. What is going on here? I
wondered.

Suddenly, the Mystic raised his hands.

"I'm not your puppet!" He pointed his hands at Zade and sent Zade flying across the room.

Zade landed against the stone wall. Hard. For a moment, he didn't move. Just when I began to think he was too hurt, he got
up again, a fierce anger burning in his eye. He yelled something at the Mystic that I couldn't hear properly, then raised his
hand again. A ball of flame hurtled across the chamber. The mystic smirked.

"Is that the best you can do?" he taunted.

Just before the flame reached him, he raised his hand again. The flame suddenly changed directions and increased in
intensity. It sped back towards Zade.

Zade ducked. The flame ball exploded on the wall behind him. It engulfed a tapestry hanging there. Zade stepped forward
menacingly, eyes burning angrier than ever.

"That's it. I'm finished playing. You are dead."

"Ooh, I'm so scared," the Mystic sneered. But I could see a hint of fear in his face.

Zade raised his arms for one more attack.

"That's enough!" two voices rang out in unison. The Head Mystic-- the one who had been speaking with Zade before-- stood.
I was surprised to realize that the other voice was mine.

"I thought we weren't going to anger anyone?" I whispered to Zade.

"Shut up," he whispered back.

"Mallin, come sit down," the Head Mystic commanded. The "replacement" Mystic took his seat.

"Look, we don't want to offend anyone," Drew began. I had almost forgotten about him. "We just need your help."

"Indeed," said the Head Mystic.

"Zade here tells us that in order to get our friends back, we have to kill the former Keeper of the necklace," I stated.

"Yes," the Head Mystic nodded.

"Can you tell us where we can find him, or it?"

The Head Mystic folded his hands. "We can."

I waited, expecting him to tell us. The Head Mystic only smiled.

"Well," said Drew after a pause, "Where can we find him?"

The Head Mystic's smile grew wider. I wasn't sure I liked it.

"You'll have to go to Liua," he said enigmatically. "You may find what you need there."

"But--" I was about to protest. Liua wasn't exactly the smallest area to search for a dead person. Couldn't he at least tell us
what city to find him in?
I thought.

"You're going to have to do better than that, Glin," Zade interrupted, stepping forward again. "Or I'll--"

The Head Mystic, Glin, laughed.

"Yes, yes, I know," he said dismissively. "Just be grateful we didn't let you wander around fruitlessly in Mexil for a few years.
If you want more information, perhaps we can work out a trade, a compromise?"

"Forget it!" Zade yelled. With that, he walked back to where Drew and I stood and grabbed our hands.

"The fact is, Zade," Glin continued as Zade began to teleport us back to the room, "we don't need you nearly as much as you
think we do."

Glin's voice grew faint on the last syllable, and we were once again in the room at the inn. Zade swore.

"Lovely bunch," Drew commented.

Some people file their [tax] returns inside of a dead fish.
— John Oliver