z

Young Writers Society

Risk and Reward

115 Reviews

Reviews: 115
Wed Jun 08, 2022 12:28 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

He climbed up a set of stairs and took the game controller. "My other guard should be here in the next hour or so."
"I’m thinking about the aurora borealis. You can’t tell if it really does exist or if it just looks like existing. All things are so very uncertain, and that’s exactly what makes me feel reassured." --Too-Ticky

Formerly RavenLord; GrandWild
she/her

95 Reviews

Reviews: 95
Wed Jun 08, 2022 12:31 am
View Likes
Teddybear says...

She nodded, remembering, in the moment, that this was a job. "Is there anything I should know about what that is and why it should be guarded?" she asked.
formerly TheMulticoloredCyr

he/they

115 Reviews

Wed Jun 08, 2022 12:35 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

"Just don't let anyone near it except me. You and Tad will work in twelve-hour shifts. Look at it at all times, except for when you blink."
"I’m thinking about the aurora borealis. You can’t tell if it really does exist or if it just looks like existing. All things are so very uncertain, and that’s exactly what makes me feel reassured." --Too-Ticky

she/her

95 Reviews

Wed Jun 08, 2022 12:37 am
View Likes
Teddybear says...

That could be complicated, if she ever had to stop anyone from coming near it. She nodded her understanding. There was probably something he was leaving out, but she'd deal with that later. "Anything else?"

he/they

115 Reviews

Wed Jun 08, 2022 12:39 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

"I don't think so." He headed out the door. "I'll leave this in the dining room. The job lasts seven days, remember."

she/her

95 Reviews

Wed Jun 08, 2022 12:44 am
View Likes
Teddybear says...

She followed him. "Yes, of course."

he/they

115 Reviews

Wed Jun 08, 2022 12:51 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

He led her into the dining room. "Help yourself to anything in the kitchen during your breaks. The actual job starts tomorrow, but I wanted to give you and Tad a chance to get go know one another.

she/her

95 Reviews

Wed Jun 08, 2022 1:14 am
View Likes
Teddybear says...

"I see." Her phone buzzed again. She sent it to voicemail without checking who it was.

he/they

115 Reviews

Wed Jun 08, 2022 1:17 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

"Do you...have to take that?" he asked.

she/her

95 Reviews

Wed Jun 08, 2022 1:31 am
View Likes
Teddybear says...

"If I leave it behind my dad will have the whole city searching for me," she said apologetically, embarrassment tinging her voice.

he/they

115 Reviews

Wed Jun 08, 2022 3:03 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

"Ohh. Who's your dad?"

she/her

95 Reviews

Wed Jun 08, 2022 3:10 am
View Likes
Teddybear says...

So he didn't do any googling. "Carlson Ringly." Maybe he wouldn't know who that was. Unlikely, but possible.

(Think b*zos level of well-known. Just a really, exorbitantly rich guy)

he/they

115 Reviews

Wed Jun 08, 2022 3:15 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

(Dude did you just censor the name of renowned shitdog Jiff Bonzos)

"Ohhh! That guy! Wow, your dad is garbage." He grinned. "I'm definitely gonna get him cursed someday for what he's done to the rivers around here."

she/her

95 Reviews

Wed Jun 08, 2022 3:19 am
View Likes
Teddybear says...

(do not speak the name of the devil unless you wish to summon him to your sharpest but most shitty guillotine)

She winced. "Where did you find the person I'm going to be working with? Are they affiliated with any agencies?"

he/they

115 Reviews

Wed Jun 08, 2022 3:26 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

(I wish to)

"He's a private contractor. Top notch! Not sure where he's from but I liked his vibes."

she/her

[as a roleplayer is feeling sad about torturing her characters] GrandWild: "You're a writer, dear. Embrace it."
— GrandWild