z

Young Writers Society

The Tavern

34 Reviews

Reviews: 34
Wed Feb 03, 2021 7:56 pm
View Likes
ChesTacos says...

James stepped into the tavern, humming to himself quietly, he had never heard of it before. He kept his eyes on the ground as he walked over to the bar. "Can I have some whiskey please" he muttered. Maybe he could rest here for the night? He held his suitcase close to his chest, he wasn't sure if he trusted the people here.
*boop*

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Thu Feb 04, 2021 12:19 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Tony gave a dismissive wave of her hand.

"Oh, no," she protested. "I'm not looking to become immortal - I've very content with my hopefully one hundred year lifespan. But I haven't ever heard of immortality being a thing that really existed, so I just had to know."

She could hear Rux making a frustrated noise in the back of her head now. He must have wanted something simple - something that would probably involve staying right on Earth. This messed up whatever he had been scheming.

But Tony, like always, ignored that.

xXx

Elem wasn't good at talking to other people. It had been a while since he had really had a conversation like this one. But he felt bad about making Glena awkward, so he shifted a little in his seat and tried to figure out what to say.

"I've never heard of Gabriel before," he softly said, "but being an angel sounds cool."
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

34 Reviews

Thu Feb 04, 2021 1:16 pm
View Likes
ChesTacos says...

James thanked the bartender and sort of sat there sipping his whiskey. He heard part of a conversation. Something about immortality. "Immortality is a stupid thing" he muttered "it's a curse more than a blessing."
*boop*

4237 Reviews

Reviews: 4237
Sun Feb 07, 2021 5:50 pm
View Likes
KateHardy says...

"That was a bit of overcompensating," said Harry, voice dropping back below audible hearing range.

"Oh she's definitely covering something up...or lying...textbook that one," said Jennifer.

"Well...that's typical. I mean...can't be anything sinister right?" asked Harry.

"Not like it could ever bother us anyway," said Jennifer.

"Right there's that."

"Immortality is a stupid thing," they heard someone mutter. "It's a curse more than a blessing."

Harry smiled at the sentiment. 95% of immortals would agree with that sentiment. The remaining 5% would be the dead ones.

"Ah, well...can't blame anything on curiosity,' said Jennifer, speaking up again, keeping her voice casual.

Harry, meanwhile, couldn't resist answering the man. "You're pretty right on that statement, Mr. Whiskey."
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

Hello! You? Yes you reading this. Have a nice day because you're wonderful and you deserve it!

Catchphrase loading. Please Wait...

34 Reviews

Sun Feb 07, 2021 6:57 pm
View Likes
ChesTacos says...

James looked up fearfully. He glanced curiously at the speaker, how did they hear him, was he really that loud? Perhaps, no...it couldn't be. James examined the speaker for a bit before finally saying "and who might you be?"
*boop*

4237 Reviews

Sun Feb 07, 2021 7:00 pm
View Likes
KateHardy says...

"No one special really," said Harry, "who might you be?"
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

Hello! You? Yes you reading this. Have a nice day because you're wonderful and you deserve it!

34 Reviews

Sun Feb 07, 2021 9:10 pm
View Likes
ChesTacos says...

James frowned "that's confidential under Rule 7 in Book 2B the only information I can disclose is that my first name is James" he took a sip from his whiskey and his grip on his suitcase tightened a little.
*boop*

4237 Reviews

Mon Feb 08, 2021 1:19 pm
View Likes
KateHardy says...

Harry couldn't help but break into loud laughter, causing Jennifer to glare at him. It wasn't particularly effective, mostly because Jennifer appeared to be trying hard not to burst into laughter herself. Harry pouted back before looking towards the man again.

"Sorry....uh...James, that just reminded me of someone," said Harry, "I suppose you'd have to kill us or something if we found out...assuming that was something you could actually do that it. At any rate...umm...let's not go there...what brings you here this fine...whatever it is for you...I'm assuming time here is...fickle...from what I can see."

"Fickle is an understatement," commented Jennifer.
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

34 Reviews

Mon Feb 08, 2021 1:48 pm
View Likes
ChesTacos says...

James frowned "no I wouldn't have to kill you that's not my job" he said "as for why I'm here...that's confidential."
*boop*

4237 Reviews

Mon Feb 08, 2021 5:05 pm
View Likes
KateHardy says...

"Oh this just gets better," said Harry. He nodded to Jennifer. "Imma head over there for a bit."

She shrugged, turning back to the girl they'd been talking to.

Harry walked over to the man, conjuring a cozy armchair nearby and plopping himself down on it. He looked at "James".

"So...you have a top secret mission to carry out in a tavern...I assume this whiskey is also highly confidential?" he said, smirking slightly, "Working in top secret facilities is a lot of fun, isn't it?"
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

34 Reviews

Mon Feb 08, 2021 5:45 pm
View Likes
ChesTacos says...

James scoffed "if you count death, mutilation and torture fun...than sure it's real fun. And yes this whiskey is very much confidential" he dropped something into the cup before sliding it back to the bartender.
*boop*

4237 Reviews

Mon Feb 08, 2021 5:50 pm
View Likes
KateHardy says...

"Hmm...lemme see...death...not fun...well...depends on the death at any rate...torture...again depends on who's getting tortured...mutilation...kinda boring to be honest. Hmm...so your job would be rather...meh I suppose. Little disappointed there, I was expecting something somewhat cooler," said Harry, "well you do you." He conjured himself a Pepsi can and popped the tab, taking a sip.

"Any other confidential things you got?" asked Harry. As much as talking to strangers was hard, talking to secret agents that were steadily getting mad at you was one of Harry's favorite things to do in the mortal world.
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

34 Reviews

Mon Feb 08, 2021 7:21 pm
View Likes
ChesTacos says...

James frowned "everything" he said. "My suitcase, job, history, projects, everything."
*boop*

106 Reviews

Reviews: 106
Mon Feb 08, 2021 7:26 pm
View Likes
momonster says...

Glena nodded. "Oookay then." she thumped her crystal ball, asking for more apple juice.

She wished Elem would say something, or someone would enter the conversation, or something.
For sin shall no longer be your master, because you are not under the law, but under grace.
Romans 6:14 NIV

never apologize for standing up for what you believe in.

previously MomoandAppa, LordMomo, MomoMajesty, and dancingontheclouds

34 Reviews

Mon Feb 08, 2021 8:09 pm
View Likes
ChesTacos says...

James opened opened his suitcase a tiny bit so nobody could see what was inside, he reached in and pulled out a small notebook, he begin to jot things down in it, with a pen readily available in his front coat pocket. He also pulled out a document which he read while writing.
*boop*

It's all a matter of perspective. Everyone is the hero of their own story, and the villain of another's.
— James