z

Young Writers Society

To Have and To Hold (*coco + soggypoptart)

130 Reviews

Reviews: 130
Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:58 pm
*coco says...

“OW!” Naya yelled, as her butt hit the hard carpet. “What the hell is wrong with you? I was perfectly fine out in the truck!”

“Sure you were,” Naya watched as he disappeared into what was probably the kitchen area, reappearing several seconds later with two steaming hot plates of food. “Eat,” he said, shoving her plate across the table.

Naya’s stomach growled for the meal, but she was still angry with Julian. She didn't want to eat his food.

“I’m not hungry,” she lied, her voice bitter.

Julian glared at her before tucking in. “Suit yourself.”

Naya continued to ignore her stomach’s protests and headed straight for the one sofa sat in the corner of the trailer. She glared at it in disgust wondering who or what may have laid or sat there before her. Deciding not to take any chances, she grabbed the blanket still wrapped around her body and placed it over the sofa so that it covered the majority of the seats, before she lay down on top of it. Her stomach continued to growl angrily as she made herself comfortable and snuggled deeper into her woollen jumper. Suddenly she noticed that her body temperature had suddenly gone up.

Great... The last thing she needed right now was a temperature.

She miserably snuggled deeper into her jumper until only half her face and her fingers were visible. The lights inside the trailer were still on but sleep began to call her, so after several seconds, her eyelids began to lazily droop.
Last edited by *coco on Sat Mar 05, 2011 8:53 pm, edited 4 times in total.
"Do you know what my heart says now? It says that I should forget about politics and be with you. No matter what. You're a true Queen, a Queen any King would kill for." - Prince Francis ♕

33 Reviews

Reviews: 33
Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:21 pm
SoggyPoptart says...

Julian got into bed. You can't help those who can't help themselves. The harsh words echoed in his ears. He knew this quote by heart. Sergi was the one who had said it all too many times. So Julian turned off his light and lay there in darkness. He was frusterated so badly, he was going to explode any minute. He didn't know when, but he knew it would happen very soon if she kept acting the way she did.
Life isn't like a box of chocolates. Life is more like a jar of Jalapenos, what you do today might burn your rear tomorrow!

130 Reviews

Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:53 pm
*coco says...

Naya woke up the next morning with a stuffy nose and a piping hot body temperature. She was shaking from head to toe from the cold that she had caught last night. She lifted her head up and heaved herself off the couch. Just as she was about to grab a glass of water, she heard Julian’s phone ringing.

She turned to face him. He was fast asleep in the bed. Rolling her eyes in annoyance, Naya headed for the phone and saw that it was Sergi Angerson calling.

Tentatively, she turned to face Julian and put out a hand to tap him on the shoulder. Her arm immediately coiled back, expecting him to jump awake and attack her or something, but he didn't move. He was still fast asleep.

“That's just brilliant,” she muttered bitterly, before grabbing his cell phone and answering. “Hello?” she said sheepishly.

“Naya?” Sergi was unsurprisingly confused. “Where is Julian?”

“He’s asleep,” Naya replied stupidly.

“Well wake him up!” Sergi sounded irritated. “He has a board meeting to attend to today, he should already be at the office by now!”

Naya rolled her eyes. “Okay, Mr. Anderson, he'll be there.”

She could hear Sergi mutter something in annoyance before hanging up. Naya miserably smacked the cell phone down on the bedside table and turned her attention back to the sleeping Julian. For the second time she reached out and tapped him, this time a little harder.

Nothing. Julian merely let out a deep breath.

Naya really didn’t have the patience for this. She was ill, hungry and frustrated. Determingly, she climbed onto the bed and leaned over him and was just about to call his name, when Julian suddenly turned the other side, sending Naya rolling on top of him. His eyes immediately snapped open and locked hers with surprise and confusion.

Dear God, Naya felt her heart race.
Last edited by *coco on Sat Mar 05, 2011 8:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Do you know what my heart says now? It says that I should forget about politics and be with you. No matter what. You're a true Queen, a Queen any King would kill for." - Prince Francis ♕

33 Reviews

Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:14 am
SoggyPoptart says...

Julian's eyes came into focus and he felt Naya on top of him. Straddling him, this was suprising. Why was she on top of him? Not that he was complaining he had to admit he had a pretty good view. So had hell frozen over? No? Had pigs sprouted wings and began to fly? No? Why was she on top of him? Was this rape? Kinda. Can you rape the willing? Hell no. Julian put his hands behind his head, and smiled... Then he attemped to look offended. He had to get this right, she... Was on top of him.

"You may be beautiful, but where are your manners? The least you could have done was make me breakfast first." He stopped and look at her seriously. "Condoms are the second drawer down." Julian smirked.
Life isn't like a box of chocolates. Life is more like a jar of Jalapenos, what you do today might burn your rear tomorrow!

130 Reviews

Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:28 am
*coco says...

Naya didn’t know what she was feeling more, shock, horror, embarrassment...

“You wish...” she scoffed, jumping off him as though she'd just received an electric shock. “You-your,” she struggled. She was sure that her cheeks were burning.

Julian continued to watch her with amusement. “Take your time...” he smirked.

God, that smirk! Naya had never seen something so annoying in her life. Feeling incredibly frustrated, she cleared her throat and began again, “your father called to remind you about the board meeting. So, unless you want your butt kicked by your daddy I suggest you get going...” And with that, she turned to leave when suddenly she felt Julian’s hand grab her arm to stop her.

Great...
Last edited by *coco on Tue Mar 15, 2011 6:03 pm, edited 4 times in total.

33 Reviews

Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:42 am
SoggyPoptart says...

Julian reached out and took hold of her arm. She stopped but didn't turn to face him. He took a deep breath, time to deal with the days frusterations. Julian had to turn her around by her boney shoulders and look down at her, she looked up at him. He could see that heat sat well up in her cheeks, she was embarassed. He had actually embarassed her. In no way did he want to embarass her but he did find it sort of funny. She was still as calm water.

"Naya, I was just kidding." He said, his eyebrows going up.

She broke off from his hold. "I know that." She said masking her face with confidence.

"I wasn't actually joking I mean I do have some in there. I just didn't mean to make that advance on you." Julian said seriously. He looked down at her for a moment. Then he had to bent his knees and he cupped the back of her neck and gently pressed his lips against hers. This lasted a good minute. He finally broke away from her. "We'll start when your ready." He smirked then walked into the kitchen to get coffee.

130 Reviews

Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:00 pm
*coco says...

When Julian broke away, Naya just simply stood there staring at him like he'd just grown two heads. She was stunned. Did he just kiss her? She watched as he poured himself some coffee, she could see him putting up a mask and acting like nothing out of the ordinary had just happened. The kiss was probably just another one of his cruel mind games on her. Naya had long since been convinced that Julian seemed to get some sort of kick out of torturing her...

The sudden sound of her cell phone ringing startled her. She hurriedly pulled it out of the pocket of her jeans and saw that it was her sister, Danni. Quickly composing herself, Naya cleared her throat and answered.

“Hey, Danni,” she said innoccently.

“You whore!” Danni replied by her usual way of greeting. She sounded a little angry though. “Why the hell didn’t you tell me you were back from your honeymoon?”

“I’m sorry, I completely forgot...” It was the truth, what with everything that had happened tp her in the past few days, Naya had hardly remembered what day of the week it was, let alone remember to contact her sister.

“Are you gonna tell me what happened?” Danni asked. “No one comes back from their honeymoon after just three days unless it was a complete disaster!”

Just then Julian emerged from the bathroom and into the bedroom area.

“Where are you staying?” asked Danni. “I’ll come over and you can talk to me about it.”

“No!” Naya said a little too quickly. There was no way would she let her sister see that she was living in a trailer home! “How about I come to your place instead?”

“Okay,” Danni responded. “I’ll see you at mine at about 12?”

“'Kay,” Naya replied before hanging up.
Last edited by *coco on Tue Mar 15, 2011 6:08 pm, edited 4 times in total.

33 Reviews

Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:33 pm
SoggyPoptart says...

The business meeting went well. They had managed to score another 2.7 million. Talk about work. Julian was very happy about this. Heck, he might even go on a shopping spree. Julian forced himself not to think about Naya. Her lips were so soft. He wanted to kiss her again. As soon as he got out of the meeting he went grocery shopping. Julian had to have his greesy bacon, Starbucks coffee, and Redbull to keep him alive. Yes, he enjoyed being rich.

After doing that he came home. Naya wasn't there... Now where is she? He pushed her into the back of his mind where the hell are all these thoughts coming from? Julian decided to hit the gym...

130 Reviews

Fri Nov 19, 2010 12:17 am
*coco says...

Naya walked up the stairs to her sister’s apartment. Danni opened the door immediately to let her in.

“Excellent, you’re here!” Danni ushered her in and led her straight through her enormous living room. “Now, we can talk about what happened...”

Naya sighed. She really wasn’t in the mood to relive her experiences in Italy.

“Nothing happened,” she insisted.

“I thought you might say that,” Danni responded. “So I decided to bring back-up...”

Danni led Naya into the kitchen where her friends were sat around the kitchen counter waiting for her. They all looked furious and concerned at the same time. Before Naya could explain herself, Lola snapped at her.

“Sit!” she ordered. Naya had never seen her best-friend look so angry.

“She got out of the wrong side of the bed this morning...” Ali explained.

Lola simply glared at her.

Ali quickly zipped her lips. “Sorry, shutting up.”

“Good!” Lola responded. She waited until Naya took her seat. “Now...” she continued, this time a little more on the calm side, “Tell us what happened in Italy.”

There was no way out of it. Naya was outnumbered five-to-one. So she decided to tell the truth, well, part of the truth...at least enough to get them all to shut up about it.

“I acted out,” she replied simply, hoping that answer would suffice.

Danni frowned. “But you only do that when people provoke you. Did Julian do something?”

Naya hadn’t expected Danni to ask her that. She awkwardly shifted in her seat.

“Of course he did!” Lola jumped in, “to be honest I’m not surprised, when I first saw the guy I thought there was something strange about him...”

"Naya?" Danni pressed in a deadly serious tone. She didn’t appreciate her sister’s silence.

Naya swallowed hard, and looked at everyone.

“Julian’s alright....” she said, earning herself an eye-roll from just about everyone at the table.

“You’re a terrible liar,” Penelope commented.

Bree nodded in agreement. “Tragically bad.”

Damnit! Suddenly Naya’s cell phone buzzed. Temporary relieved by the distraction, Naya pulled out her cell and read the text. It was from Rosa asking if she could drop by her house because there was an emergency. Ever grateful for her maid's perfect timing, Naya immediately stood up to leave.

“Uh, where do you think you're going?” Danni asked with a raised brow.

“I have to see Rosa,” Naya answered.

“But we haven’t finished our discussion yet!” Lola pressed.

“Look...” Naya knew her friends meant well, but she really wasn’t in the mood for any of this. “If you’re all so worried about what Julian’s like, why don’t we plan a get together some time so you can all meet him...see what he’s like for yourselves?”

“What an awesome idea!” Lola clapped excitedly.

“We’ll hold you to that,” Danni said sternly.

Naya nodded, giving each one of them a quick goodbye hug before hurrying out of the apartment.
Last edited by *coco on Tue Mar 15, 2011 6:15 pm, edited 5 times in total.

33 Reviews

Fri Nov 19, 2010 12:56 am
SoggyPoptart says...

Julian had wanted to have a gym built for a long time and he was actually starting to think more and more about it. The idea of helping people work on fitness was kind of catchy. He then realized he would have to be a health nut. He didn't think he could do that. He even thought maybe some time in the future. He had even thought about, after seperating from Naya, that he could open a university! A college for people who love business, art, writing, singing ect... He just thought. For right now, those are just dreams.

Julian was sweating, he was wearing black baggy sweats an a white shirt. He noticed a pretty petite bleach blond staring at him the entire time. He kept a blank face and she smiled and waved. Oh, Gosh... She was wearing pink. Julian needed to get out of here now!

130 Reviews

Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:10 am
*coco says...

Naya arrived at the trailer just before 8 o’clock. To her relief, found that Julian hadn’t arrived yet. She felt exhausted from her day's travelling and looked into the mirror which only confirmed it. Her curls looked flat, her face was pale and her cheeks were still burning from her temperature. She pulled out some medicine she had bought on her way back and took her night's dose before fixing her appearance to the way it normally was.

Suddenly the lights in the trailer began to flash on and off. Naya looked up at the bulb in the bathroom with confusion. A few seconds later all the lights were out.

Bloody fantastic...
Last edited by *coco on Tue Mar 15, 2011 6:20 pm, edited 5 times in total.

33 Reviews

Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:41 am
SoggyPoptart says...

Julian came through the door around ten thirty ish... He felt a little more happy, of course his face didn't show too much. He didn't want to change he just wanted to go to sleep. He decided not to be gross and take a shower. The entire trailer was dark he wondered if she was even here. Julian got out of the shower. He tried to turn on the light, but it didn't work. He shrugged, he's been in the dark before. Julian went into the kitchen and bumped into something... Someone?

"Oof!" A small voice exclaimed.

Julian moved his hands around to try to find the keeper of the voice. "What the hell are you doing?" he asked.

His eyes adjusted and he saw the small outline of a body. A woman's body. Naya's body. "The lights are out! You must really really hate me." She growled.

"Why are the lights out?" He asked.

"Well... I don't know maybe you didn't pay the dime you owe for the electricity!"

"Hmm, well, we're going to be using invisible flashlights." Julian smiled. She couldn't see it though. "You know I've been thinking about that kiss..." He trailed off.

He heard her breath hitch. Her heart began to pound...

130 Reviews

Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:50 pm
*coco says...

Naya swallowed hard. She was lucky the lights were out or else Julian would've seen her blush. Wait a minute, why the hell was she blushing in the first place?

"Well, I haven't..." she pressed, in a tone that she hoped was a confident one. The truth was that she too had been thinking about the kiss - about what it meant, about whether it was nothing more than just a cruel joke...

Finally, her curiosity got the better of her. She stopped going through the kitchen drawers - she'd been trying to find candles for the past half hour - and turned to face Julian. She could barely make him out in the dark but she could clearly see that he had a 'yeah right' look on his face.

"Why did you do it?" she asked him, her voice slightly nervous.

She didn't know why exactly, but she wanted to know the answer.
Last edited by *coco on Tue Mar 15, 2011 6:23 pm, edited 3 times in total.

33 Reviews

Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:17 pm
SoggyPoptart says...

"Why does anyone do anything?" Julian said. His ego wasn't completely crushed he knew she was lying. He had been thinking of that kiss even when that blond had kept looking at him. He wanted Naya and usually he got what he wanted. He was like a fisherman trying to pull the fish in...

"So... There was no reason behind it?" She asked, her voice slightly shook.

Julian opened the fridge and pulled out a beer. "I didn't say that."

She crossed her arms across her chest. "Then?..."

Julian popped the top of the beer and look at her. "I figured we'd pass some time."

130 Reviews

Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:27 pm
*coco says...

She studied him cautiously as he took a swig from his beer.

“Whatever,” she concluded, leaving the conversation at that before exiting the kitchen. “Oh, by the way,” she said, popping her head back in quickly, “My maid Rosa...her father-in-law passed away today so she and her husband have to go to Poland tomorrow to attend the funeral. Since they don’t have anyone else who can look after Poppy, I told them that it would be alright for her to stay with us for the weekend...”

“You what?” asked Julian with a frown.
Last edited by *coco on Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Most things happen for a reason. Though, usually, the forces that be are immature enough that the reason is comedy.
— WeepingWisteria