z

Young Writers Society

The Magic Room *Permission Only*

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Sun Oct 17, 2010 5:34 am
ScarlettFire says...

Lav isn't the Lazzan Princess. She's the Melnarian one. And Tath never brought her. >.> He kidnapped her to use her to get to the Lazzan twins. He never sold her either.

Post coming soon, when I find Aarin and Lav...
"With friends like you, who needs a medical license?" - Paimon, Aether's Heart

“It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission.” - Grace Hopper.

114 Reviews

Reviews: 114
Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:22 pm
Razcoon says...

I was confused, people were mixing up everything T.T
Ideas don't stay in heads very long because they don't like solitary confinement.

23 Reviews

Reviews: 23
Sat Oct 23, 2010 4:01 am
Chupatoasta says...

Alba~

Alba padded out to the caravans silently and swiftly, her blonde hair lifting off her shoulders with each step as her crystal clear eyes gazed up at the bright moon. She hummed a song to herself and, still looking up at the sky, slammed her knee into the back of the caravan, falling over it and face planting into the ground. She bit her tongue to keep from cursing and pushed herself back up, only to be met with a soft laugh. Her blue eyes met with Aisha's brown ones and a bright grin broke across her face. "Thought you were asleep." She giggled and sat down on the caravan.

"I heard you singing, and it sorta woke me up." Aisha admitted with a small grin.

"Sorry my dear," Alba teased and smiled at the taller girl, who took a spot next to her, both gazing up at the sky. Alba's eyes lit up with joy at the sight of a moving light and she quickly pointed to it, smiling brightly. "Make a wish!"

"What?!" Aisha cried, surprised at Alba's urgency. Alba jumped off the caravan and flipped around, smiling brightly.

"It's a shooting star! Make a wish!" She giggled and faced the stars, closing her eyes tightly. She made her silent wish and turned back to Aisha. Her eyes were closed, but they soon opened, and the older girl smiled and rolled her eyes. "Tell me, what'd you wish for?"

Aisha chuckled and rolled her eyes again, saying a sarcastic, "Wouldn't that ruin the point of the wish?" Alba scrunched up her face and shrugged, agreeing with her. "I hate him." Aisha suddenly said, Alba looking over and her and taking a seat once again.

"Why? Other than the obvious of course," Alba smiled softly, ready to listen and all ears.

Damen~

Damen sighed and told the guards, rather sharply, to take their leave. As much as they wanted to, they didn't argue. Damen eyed them angrily as they walked away, shoulders slumped. The two slaves were glaring at him, quite harshly. He through the sash back at the princess and strode between the two. "This way," he demanded, walking down the hall. "You two are now Aggar slaves, of course. You'll listen to anyone here, but you will only take orders from the royalty. If the guards command you to do anything, you ignore it. Simple as that. If they hurt you, either of you, they'll suffer the same pain twice as much."

Neither of them talked. They were too quiet for him. It was almost creepy. He simply couldn't get the princess's beauty out of his head though. And she looked like a spit fire. That would be fun, but Damen had more respect, even for slaves. "Right here, is your room." He motioned to a black door with silver framing. He opened it for the young man. After a tearful goodbye, none of which Damen cared for, Anzeila finally let go of her brother and began to walk beside Damen to her room, which was beside his own.
Oh, the tiger will love you. There is no sincerer love than the love of food.
George Bernard Shaw

57 Reviews

Reviews: 57
Sat Oct 23, 2010 4:23 am
NinjaCookieMonster says...

Aisha

"Besides the obvious? Well, it's the little things."

I took a breath while Alba nodded, a little impatiently. "The little things...? Like?"

I exploded. "Like how he can't hold on to money for any longer than he can stop breathing! Like how he's so obsessed with wearing better clothes every week! Like how he refuses to refer to me by my first name in public, how he... he... flips his hair!"

Alba raised her eyebrows. I looked away quickly.

"You watch him... flip his hair?"

"Well, it's hard not to, the way he tosses it around like he does cash! Cash that could buy us all better standards, too. And he's always playing with his hands, and he doesn't pick up his part of the fire act remains, and he thinks all women do laundry!"

Alba considered this. "Well, that's true. Blake's actually better at it than me."

"Aaaand! And, and, and! He goes around talking big about how everything will work out when he knows it won't! He doesn't consider the consequences before doing something, he loses his temper too quick!"

Alba raised one eyebrow and coughed softly. I narrowed my eyes. She lifted her hands.

Little things, though. They were going to get that boy killed.
hey, Jude, don't make it bad
take a sad song and make it better
remember to let it into your heart
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

"Not vampires, fish from space."

23 Reviews

Reviews: 23
Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:30 pm
Chupatoasta says...

*Ish?*
Oh, the tiger will love you. There is no sincerer love than the love of food.
George Bernard Shaw

384 Reviews

Reviews: 384
Tue Oct 26, 2010 3:00 pm
eldEr says...

So, here's my attempt xD It's too early in the morning for this, so I apologize.

Anzeila

"Be safe," was the last thing Barron whispered to me. It didn't make much sense, considering where we were. It was soothing nonetheless, and the fact that he was talking in Lazzan only made things that much better.

I nodded and released my brother, blinking away my tears as best I could. I was a warrior, it was time to put on a brave face. "You, too," I said quickly before turning to follow the prince, keeping my head held high. It was all I could do to keep from bursting into tears.

Finally, we came to a stop in front of a door similar to Barron's. I shuddered for unkown reasons and stepped inside, expecting the door to be closed behind me. It did, but not until after Princey had stepped in. My body tensed, bracing itself to be thrown against a wall... among other things.

It never happened. Not so much as a finger touched me. Instead, the prince had stepped to the right, walking into a bathroom. A nice bathroom. Not that the rest of the room wasn't a tad more luxurious than you'd assume a slave's room to be... more of a servant's quarters than a slave-girl's... that bathroom.

The bathroom a certain prince was in the midst of walking into. "What are you doing?" I demanded, tone even as I could make it. My eyes narrowed to slits, following his every move very carefully.

He twisted his head and offered a smirk. "Going to my room."

I felt my lips part slightly in shock as he turned back, disapearing behind the bathroom door. Another door closed after that, and I could hear the faint sound of a lock clicking into place. So it was his bathroom. Well, that made more sense.

I closed my mouth and swallowed, stepping backwards to the small bed and letting myself sink into it. Or... as far as one can sink into a bed like this. I stared at the bathroom door, throat twisting into a knot. So, I just avoided bathing and relieving myself for... how long exactly? Forever sounded about right.

Tears slipped down my cheeks and I rested my face in my hands to hide that I was crying from the invisible man in the corner. Nobody was in here, but my brain wasn't exactly processing that. Somebody could be in here. He could walk in from the bathroom any moment now, mind completely changed about leaving me in peace.

I didn't care how little-girlish it sounded, I wanted to go home.

Tathiel

I was staring very intently at the wall above Laverna's shoulder, unnerved by the silence. Blake was standing somewhere, though I didn't bother checking where, and he wasn't saying anything. I would honestly feel better if he was yelling at me, the whole silent treatment was unbearable.

Of couse, I wasn't going to let him leave... especially not if I was going to be alone with the Melnarian princess over there. No, chances were that she would actually kill me if we were left alone. My ribs were broken, and I was vulnerable. Yeah, if we were left alone, I'd be dead before I had a chance to suck up to Aisha.

Then again, if they both left...

"Blake?" I asked, not turning to see where he was. Taking my eyes away from the area Laverna was standing in could be dangerous, whether Blake was in here or not. Who's to say that he'd try to stop her? I was guessing he was mad at me, too.

"What?" he answered bitterly. I could practically hear him scowling, if that makes sense.

I cleared my throat, trying to shift without hurting myself. Attempt unsuccesful. "Take Laverna and go... somewhere. I don't care where, just go." I closed my eyes and swallowed hard. Guilt was something I was good at caging up, but if a little found a way out, the rest would follow. Not guilt for what I had been doing to Laverna. I had no consience about that whatsoever. Guilt for hurting Aisha, yeah, that was more of it. But guilt wasn't something I liked admitting.

I heard Blake whispering a few things and two sets of feet making their way across the room. The door closed and I opened my eyes. Time to shove what little guilt I seemed capabable away and figure out what to do about my ribs.
Guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurl.

got trans?

212 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:17 pm
ScarlettFire says...

Laverna|Melnarian Princess:

I followed Blake as he left the room, head down. Blake wasn't talking, and I didn't feel like talking either. Ugh, the snake. I could still taste his blood on my lips. I bit my own lip. I was not going to do this! What was wrong with me? Now I was just confused! Frustrated, I told myself to stop it--out loud. Blake glanced back at me.

"Did you just say something?" he asked. I swiftly shook my head. Nothing he needed to hear. He shrugged and kept walking.

Two turns later and we were back at the caravan. Blake pointed me towards the Snake's one before locking the door and walking off. Finally alone, I broke down in tears. I felt dirty, violated. Damn the Snake! And damn me too, for letting Father and pretty much all of the warriors go out hunting. I curled up on the bed and hugged myself. After a few hours of staring blankly, I fell asleep.

57 Reviews

Sun Nov 14, 2010 5:26 am

King Ignatius

I sat back. Two new slaves. And Lazzan! Twins! Royal! Granted, they would come at a price, I knew, but the strength enough, the sheer monumental... ness, of having a couple more? It might make up for it. I felt a smile flick across my face. They were an odd troupe, but if they kept their end, I'd keep mine.

That was just about when Aarin came skulking in, looking stormy. Who didn't, that I had seen? But he looked especially... cumulonimbus-y. And speaking. I probably should be listening.

"... and I think we have reason to watch out for them."

"Repeat that?"

"Sir. Tathiel? The one who... sold the Lazzans? Well, the girl with him -the Swarian one- she just attacked him with the staff. It seems he's quite... hurt. She was absolutely furious with him. I think he's lucky to be alive, truthfully."

Oh.

So they really were dangerous. And resourceful, by the look of those Lazzans.

Curious.
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

212 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:52 pm
ScarlettFire says...

Aarin Basir - Throne Room:

The king was acting...strange. I decided to shrug it off. Not my problem--yet. I forced down a groan and left the room, barely glancing over my shoulder to check on the king. Now I was off to find the prince. Or, I hoped I'd find him. Then again, maybe I should just go sleep or something. It had been a long day and now it was late. Yes, I thought. I'll retire to my room.

As I walked through the halls, I noticed that it was quiet. Too quiet. I sighed, rubbing my sore thigh. It was late, I reminded myself sternly, turning a corner. No one would be out at such an hour. I heard sobbing as I passed the prince's room. I didn't bother to check--I would be intruding if I did.

I reached my room only moments later. There was a gasp and footsteps as someone hurried away from the door. Frowning, I laid a hand on the door handle. Someone was inside my room. Why were they in my room? What could they possibly be looking for? With a sigh, I turned the handle and pushed open the door. And caught Selene in the act of opening a window.

"What the hell are you doing in my room?" I demanded, eyes narrowed. She just stared at me, shocked.

384 Reviews

Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:18 pm
eldEr says...

Tathiel

So, moving. Not fun. Nor was it painless. And to make matters worse, I was afraid of falling and stabbing my lung or something. Usually I'm not a paranoid man, (ask Aisha for clearance on that, she'll give it to you) but I had just been beaten on by a living bon-fire. I must have hit my head in the process or something, I swear I was going insane.

I could always get a servant to fix my ribs... but that might tempt me. Which would probably equal to more broken ribs. Who was I kidding? I had no idea how to bandage ribs. And no way was I asking Aisha for help on that, even if I did apologize to her. It would only bring another beating... or a lecture. Or one of those nasty glares of hers. Hated those things, hated them like I hated the fact I was probably officially hell-bound.

Now where did that come from? I shook my head. Maybe I was going nuts.

So, this left me with apologizing (and being a total suck up) or enduring ongoing hatred for the rest of my life. The first was much more savoury. Sucking up might get me somewhere that wasn't buried under the ground in a wooden box. Of course, apologizing would mean admitting I was wrong, and I had issues admitting that to people other than myself. Heck, I had trouble admitting it to me.

But...I would go apologize. Just for the sake of it. Now, the trick was getting to the doors, down stairs and hallways, all without killing myself. Adventure number two, here I come.
Guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurl.

got trans?

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:08 pm
ForsakenAngel says...

~Selene~

I bit my lip. Should I just tell him that I was looking for something? Any clue that would clue me in on what had been happening around the palace? But where would that lead me, a hole in the ground?

"I was gathering the sheets," I said, grabbing the sheets from the bed. I had originaly planned on taking the sheets, but one thing led to another and it wasn't long before I was digging.

"Were you planning to take them through the window with you?" He asked. With a sigh I dropped the sheets at my feet and fell to my knees on top of them.

"Please don't alert the king. I was just looking, I wasn't planning on stealing." My sobs might not have worked, but they were real, honest tears falling. I didn't want to die.

(Sorry if anything is misspelled. I'm on my phone and trying to type.)
Hakuna Matata <3
RIP to all my friends who didn’t make it.

Hop freight or get lost.

57 Reviews

Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:41 pm

Aisha

I sighed. "I think... I'm gonna go bask. 'Cause I'm not sleepy anymore. Thanks." I shot her a not-really-mad glare and pushed myself off the roof of the caravan, wincing only barely as my feet hit grass. It was a little too much impact. My boots felt heavier than they were this morning, but that may just have been the fact that they were a dense, combat type of boots.

I stretched my arms over my head and shrugged my coat higher up on my shoulders, the collar flopping up to pat my jaw. Shady looking much? I suppose. Battered, patchwork coat? Check. Sooty, scratched hands? Check check. Ash dusted raven braid? Check check check. Combat boots, coat longer than pants, determined walk? Checkity check check CHECK. For all that most people could tell, I was about to go assassinate someone.

I trotted up the stairs, into the little open antechamber. I'd just realized how likely it was that Tath would check out the caravans, so I'd just find an alcove and camp out until I could successfully nap, and seeing his face even in my head wouldn't make me want to shred something.

I worked my arms back and forth once. I'd forgotten to take my wings off... maybe I could get a better spot like this. The mechanics never failed to make me feel like I was somewhat in control- like Tathiel would die by my hand, because I had eleven years' worth of dealing with props. Props could kill. (Six weeks as prop maker, The Theater of Florly- several mysterious deaths.)

Oh. Maybe I'd have an opportunity to. 'Cause here he came.
Last edited by NinjaCookieMonster on Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

212 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:58 am
ScarlettFire says...

Aarin Basir:

I stared at her as she begged me not to tell, sobbed because she thought I might. She didn't want to die, why else would she beg me not to tell the king? I sighed and closed the door behind me. Selene looked scared as I crossed the room, past her and closed the window.

"Looking for what?" I asked, staring out of the window into the darkness. Stars filled the sky, shining faintly through the thick glass. Selene hadn't looked up yet. I turned to stare at her. "Selene?"

Selene shook her head and refused to look up. I leaned against the window and waited, arms crossed. She would take eventually.... My mind was focused on other things. I had to wonder about the Melnarian Princess, and the Lazzan twins. Slaves. I hated the idea of slaves, though no one would know. They never bothered to ask me much, especially me thoughts on slavery.

So I let her cry, my mind lingering on the image of Princess Laverna laughing like a madman at the Blond after the firedancer had given him a beating. It was...odd. I shook my head, trying to get ride of the image. Selene was still sobbing at my feet.

"Selene," I said, trying to get her attention. "What were you looking for?"

384 Reviews

Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:33 pm
eldEr says...

Tathiel

Lord, please don't let her kill me, I prayed silently, taking a few more hesitant steps towards Aisha. Girl did not look even relatively happy. Now, the trick was to get her attention before she stabbed me or set me on fire or did me more bodily harm in any way. How was I going to do that? I had absolutely no idea.

I staggered forwards one more step, arms wrapped around my chest. I really should have bandaged these things before I came down here. Oh well, it was too late for that now.

"Princess, before you actually kill me, can I say something?" I asked, shooting her a pleading look.

Her eyes flitted from my hands on my ribs to my face. Her expression hardly softened even a bit. Not that I blamed her or anything, she was pretty upset.

"Make it quick," she muttered, crossing her arms. She was still glaring at me. A very intent, steady glare that, if I wasn't used to it already, would have made my skin crawl. I know it did the first few times I had gotten it.

Now. How would one go about making an apology and sounding truly genuine? I didn't apologize much, save for a few, very quick, I'm sorry's. But I didn't think that would quite cut it tonight.

"I'm sorry okay?" I muttered. Hopefully she had caught that first bit. "I don't like to hurt you, Princess. I honestly don't." Okay. Good... keep going. Just a few more words and then we'll all pray she didn't kill me anyways. "But, anyways, I am sorry. I just don't think before I go off and do something stupid. I'm sorry."

How many times had I said the word 'sorry' there? I counted at least four. All in one apology. Of course, that might not matter to Aisha. Well, whatever. I had tried. If I died tonight, at least I hadn't been a complete coward.
Guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurl.

got trans?

57 Reviews

Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:20 pm

Aisha

Sincerity level: 8.5 out of 10. He didn't like how I took it, but he didn't regret doing it. Acceptance? Halfway. With a warning.

Which came in the form of a swift and mild slap to the head.

"Straight right, you don't think."

Ignoring his whimper of pain, I shoved myself past him, aiming myself towards a well lit, and well shadowed terrace. I worked my arms three times and leapt lightly upwards, twisting my shoulders so that I angled to catch more air.

"Let me know when we perform next!" I called over my shoulder. I could tell that my face paint was going to start smearing soon. He'd better get me a use for it if he ever wanted to be forgiven completely. His chances right now were slim. Like... slimmer than Alba had been when we'd tried on those stupid corsets for laughs. (She'd been tiny.)

The toes of my boots clipped on the edge of the turret, and I dropped my arms, hugging the tower. I twisted around, scraping my arm only lightly. Just a few scratches.

Come and get me now, pretty boy.
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

I, for one, welcome my new tomato overlords...
— Snoink