z

Young Writers Society

Captured!

11 Reviews

Reviews: 11
Sat Aug 18, 2007 4:29 pm
logosgal says...

Sorry I haven't posted in awhile, guys. First the computer randomly quit watching this thread, so I didn't know other people were posting, then I had writer's block and things got busy at home and... yeah. :oops: Anyway, I didn't want this SB to die, either. Cool twist, ShishBee! :smt023

----------

I stared at Tave.

"So, what you're basically saying is, we may never see you or Tas ever again. Is that it?"

"Pretty much."

I swore.

I swore again, just because I felt like it.

"Isn't there any way that you can tell how quickly time is passing for Tas?" Zade asked.

Tave considered a moment.

"Not that I know of," she said after some thought.

"Is there any way we can communicate with him?" I asked. "Can he hear us?"

Tave pulled the necklace out of her pocket.

"He might..." She tapped on the stone. "Yes! He moved! Tas, can you hear me?" We all waited for a reply. "...He's nodding! He can hear us!"

"Great!" I exclaimed. "So, here's what we can do: we'll count to thirty, and have him count to see how long it takes us to do that in his time."

Tave looked surprised. "That might work!"

"We should probably do it in a more secluded place," Zade said. "We're attracting attention."

I looked around. Sure enough, some of the dock workers were staring and whispering. Our ship was still several dozen yards out in the harbor. The three of us huddled closer together.

"Let's find an inn," I said quietly. "Then we can have a room of our own to do this in."

The others nodded.

-------------

P.S. I like your new avatar, DM! :smt081
Home is where the books are.

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Sat Aug 18, 2007 6:55 pm
Maybe says...

Wow, nice twist. But...i can't post at the moment. Will later tonight
Be the cartoon heart. Light a fire, light a spark. Light a fire, flame in my heart. We'll run wild, we'll be glowing in the dark.

141 Reviews

Reviews: 141
Sat Aug 18, 2007 7:04 pm
Firestalker says...

Zade

"You guys go on i have some unfinished business to attend to" I said
Before anyone could stop me i teleported to the dock and walked towards the docked elvish ship. I needed some answers and i was going to find them even if it was the last thing i did. And i knew it would not b the last thing i did.
--
Who is not Insane one man ask, the answer being a fool.
Are you Insane the same man asks, - "Oh yes!. The Mad Hatter being saner!"

52 Reviews

Reviews: 52
Sat Aug 18, 2007 10:24 pm
SishBee says...

I knew Tas would be able to hear us. I put the necklace back in my pocket before remembering something. I pulled it out and put it round my neck.
Instantly Tas' voice filled my head.

"You had better come and get me you stupid half-breed!"

I laughed. "Tas we are coming as fast as we can. How long has passed?"

He paused and then said "About seven weeks. I think. Could be longer."

"Right. Hey. Tas has been in there for about seven weeks his time."

Allynne looked confused.

Tas' voice sounded again. "Get me out of here now! It is like living in a base drum. Especially in your pocket when I bounce round and round. Argh, c'mon Tave, this is driving me crazy!"

"How long now?" I asked.

"Almost a year."

"Right."

We took ages weaving through the crowd trying to find somewhere we could speak in private. About an hour passed.

"How long now Tas?"

"Erm, that was about a second."

"Okay, so we know that the time rate isn't steady, it could change any moment."

~SishBee~
x
"We are all in the gutter but some of us are looking at the stars."
-Oscar Wilde

116 Reviews

Sun Aug 19, 2007 1:11 am
Maybe says...

*Oh, THIS is goung to be FUN! Playing a character trapped inside a necklace...never done this before. *grins and begins to post...**
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tas sat cross-leged on the 'floor' or the necklace. Being trapped inside the stupid pendant was not Tas's idea of FUN. All sounds were amplified so that when Tave spoke, Tas was very tempted to cover his ears and yell back at her to shut up. But...he didn't want to be put back in the pocket, where all the sounds were worse, so he wisely decided to keep quiet.

"Hey Tas. How long has passed now?" Tave's voice echoed. Although no walls could be seen for the whole inside of the amulet was as blood red as the stone, all sounds echoed. (Which was beginning to REALLY get on Tas's nerve.)

"Jeez, you don't have to yell at me! I can hear perfectly! In fact, if you keep this up i'll be deaf before long!" Tas yelled back, pitching his voice so that it was extremely loud and making Tave flinch.

"Alright, alright." Tave said, lowering her voice. "So how much time?"

"Since you last asked...it's been about five minutes in here." he answered.

"It's been about two out here." Tave commented.

"So when are you comming to get me out, halfie?" Tas asked. Tave grimanced.

"I'll come and get you out when you stop calling me that." Tave snarled.

"Really?" Tas asked. He extended his extremely stiff wings, beat them once, scowled, and sat back down. "If you'd been here as liong as i have, your patience would be waning too, halfie."

"Just shut up, alright. A talking necklace is attracting a lot of attention right now." Tave commanded.

"Yeah right, no one can hear me." Tas said, rolling his eyes. He beat his wings again in irritation, wincing at how stiff they were.

"How much time has passed now?"

"Quit asking me that!" Tas shouted. "Don't worry, i'll tell you when it's been a while!"

"If we're gonna get you out you have to tell us how much time!" Tave nearly shouted back, lowering her voice at the last moment as to no draw anymore attention.

Tas scowled and fluttered his wings angirly. "It's been about TEN YEARS since you last asked!" he shouted, laying emphasis on the 'ten years'.

"Tas, thers nothing i can do about the time issue. Look, we're almost at the inn and then i'm comming to get you." Tave said, heaving an exasperated sigh.

"Good. Hurry up." Tas said irritably, giving his wings another flutter. They were still nowhere near being able to use but at least he may be able to get out sooner than it would take 'halfie' to come and get him.
Be the cartoon heart. Light a fire, light a spark. Light a fire, flame in my heart. We'll run wild, we'll be glowing in the dark.

52 Reviews

Reviews: 52
Sun Aug 19, 2007 11:41 am
SishBee says...

Having reached the inn, it took them about half an hour to book in, and then to settle down took another ten or so minutes.

"How long now Tas?"

"Hmm, not even a second passed here."

"Okay, this is going to be hard."

Tave shrunk again and braced herself. She flew straight towards the jewel of the necklace and made contact with the crystal. As soon as she did she felt as though she was being ripped apart and cried out in agony. The pain only lasted a few seconds but it was hell.

"Tas!"

"Halfie!"

"How long has passed Allynne?"

There was a pause. "Two months. I thought you had died!"

Tave swore. They had to get out. Fast!

*DM, somehow delay the process of getting out... lets see how many years we can stay in that necklace! lol*

~SishBee~
x
"We are all in the gutter but some of us are looking at the stars."
-Oscar Wilde

116 Reviews

Sun Aug 19, 2007 1:54 pm
Maybe says...

*Whoohoo! I can delay! I've grown very good at it when stalling my mom! And when i don't wana clean something. But, can't post now. I'll post in about an hour.* *Ok, posting now. Sorry it was a bit more than an hour. *blushes**

Tave pulled Tas towards the 'exit', muttering under her breath. Tas looked behind him and he caught his breath. Wrenching his hand out of Tave's grip, he started back.

"Tas, what are you doing!?" Tave demanded.

"Look at that! I can't believe i didn't notice it before!" Tas exclaimed, pointing up. Tave looked up and gasped.

"What is it?"

"Dunno, but i want it!" Tas said, looking for someway to get up to the thing. It was a silver, tear-shaped pendant with a sapphire in the middle. There seemed to be nothing holding it up, it was just hanging there.

"Tas, come on, we need to go!" Tave said, drawing her eyes away from the pendant.

"Tave!" Tas turned to Tave excitedly. "You could fly up and get it!"

*Thats all i could think of.*

141 Reviews

Mon Aug 20, 2007 3:01 am
Firestalker says...

Zade

I walked towards the ship. I knew they had to be their. I teleported inside the ship and walked to the captains quarters. As i expected not only the captain was here.
"Why did you call me?" I asked
"We have something to ask and tell you" said one elf
"That's all? I thought you wanted to send me to one of those god forsaken missions of yours where i get abandoned by my own crew?" I asked angrily
"We're sorry about that...It was a misunderstanding." said another elf
"Oh yeah and stranding me on a is land making me so drunk i almost forgot my past, was that a accident too?" I asked angrily
"but..." said the elf
"I'll be back today at midnight. I need to help save a friend now" i said and teleported back to where i felt Tas was.
--

11 Reviews

Tue Aug 21, 2007 12:25 am
logosgal says...

I watched uneasily as Tave began to shrink. Something bothered me about this whole business. I had a vague sense that there was something I was forgetting, something vitally important. I searched my mind, but whatever it was eluded me.

Tave finished shrinking, and flew towards the jewel.

Flew?

Suddenly I remembered.

"Wait!"

I was too late. Tave had already entered the gem. I picked up the necklace and examined it closely for the first time. The jewel looked like a ruby, red as blood. At first glance, it seemed to have two little flaws in it. On closer examination, I could make them out to be Tas and Tave, seemingly frozen in the gem. Tave was close to the surface of the stone, and Tas was in its center. I put the necklace on, hoping that it still wasn't too late.

"Tave! You have to get out of there now!" I said.

There was no answer.

Just then, Zade deported into the room. I jumped.

"Zade! Don't startle me like that!"

"Sorry," he said. "Has she gotten Tas out yet?"

"No. And I don't think she can," I replied. "Zade, something Tave said right after Tas got stuck has been bothering me, but I couldn't put my finger on it until just after Tave entered the necklace."

"What is it?"

"When Tas got stuck, she said that Tas's wings are so unused that they don't work anymore."

"Yeah..."

"But Tas used his wings the first time he met me! He flew off to steal food and flew back with it. He was having no trouble with them then. And that was just last week!"

Zade sat down. "Maybe the curse..."

"Maybe," I said doubtfully. "But I'm afraid that there might be more to it than that. This necklace is cursed, after all. And I can't get any answer from them."

Zade looked at the stone. "I think that's the time discrepancy that Tave talked about. There's such a big difference in the speed of time right now that either they can't hear us, or we can't hear them."

I swore. "Great. So now what?"

"I we just have to wait and get the ship ready to leave if they ever come back."

"And if they don't?"

"Well, I'm first mate, so that would put me in charge when the captain's gone..."

Great. Just wonderful, I thought. I get to sail with a creepy alcoholic elf as captian. Even after all these days and adventures with Zade, I trusted him even less than I trusted Tas.

"Only if they don't come back," I said.

"It'll take us a month or so to get ready," Zade replied. "We could mabe legitimiately wait two months."

"Ok, if we haven't heard from them in two months, we set sail for Liua as planned."

"Right."

141 Reviews

Tue Aug 21, 2007 2:57 am
View Likes
Firestalker says...

**Hey these names are getting confused everyone who posts after this give the names of their characters. Either someone is not posting or they don't mention who they mean by 'I' or they forget a character.**

Zade

"Correct me if I'm wrong. We're going to sail our ship in two months if Tas and Tave don't come back" Asked Allynne
"Yes. And don't worry i just got a great idea to get Tas back" I said and teleported again.
"I hate when he does that" said Alynne
"yeah me too" said 'someone'
--

116 Reviews

Mon Aug 27, 2007 3:27 am
Maybe says...

No no no no! Don't let this die! It's just getting good! Come on people! Dont let it die!

141 Reviews

Mon Aug 27, 2007 1:43 pm
Firestalker says...

*****"I am with you" said Tas and me and Zade and Tave and Allynne and everyone else who has some sense******

No no no no! Don't let this die! It's just getting good! Come on people! Don't let it die!
--

11 Reviews

Mon Aug 27, 2007 8:14 pm
logosgal says...

Dark Magik and Firestalker wrote: No no no no! Don't let this die! It's just getting good! Come on people! Dont let it die!
Don't worry, guys! The only thing that's likely to die is someone's character, and hopefully that's pretty unlikely. :wink:

Anyway, I'm thinking that it's time for a little history research. :D Mostly 'cause I have no idea what's happining next...

----------------
Allynne's story

Asenvarn . Seven years ago

We all watched with bated breath as the storyteller stepped into the circle of firelight. It was the middle of winter. Ryllenday, the last day of the Eloinian week. That meant that it was time for another exciting story from Bennya, our beloved village storyteller. Every week during wintertime, the village would gather in the little glade near Bennya's house and build a bonfire. The eyes of every child and adult of the village were fixed on the old woman as she began this week's story.

"Many centuries ago, in the land of Gildur, lived the youngest Fairy Emperor to ever take the throne, Axyl-Axymalz the Great. He was a good Emperor, ruling justly and governing all the people fairly, and all of his people loved him; even his enemies respected and admired him. He ruled during the Golden Age of Gildur, when its dominion ranged from the great city of Rorran, to Liua in the North and even into our beloved Eloinya, though it was then called Leongrad. Princes and kings journeyed thousands of miles across mountains and deserts to glimpse the splendor of Mexil, Axymalz's great capital city.

"Axymalz took the throne when he was only ten years old. His father, Enzmal the Conqueror, was a great warrior who died in the Battle of Shiren-faar. By the time Axymalz was fifteen, he had married Alextis the Fair-- a fairy maiden of legendary beauty-- and had his first and only child. He had also amassed such wealth as had never before been seen in one place in all the world before or since. Yet, of all of his possessions and fabulous jewels from all the exotic corners of the world, there were two jewels in his collection which he and his family cherished above all else.

"One of these was a necklace: a golden chain with a fabulous ruby mounted in the center. This was a family heirloom passed down from generations since ancient times, made by the very first Fairy Emperor of Gildur. It was said to have given magical powers of wisdom and strength to its wearer.

"The other jewel, which captivated Axymalz's wife in particular, was a simple silver pendant with a deep blue sapphire in its center. This was one of the last treasures which Enzmal the Conqueror plundered in his Shiren campaign. It had previously belonged to a great Wizard of that region. Nothing more was known about it. Alextis was known to stare at this pendant as if in a trance for hours on end.

"In the twenty-fifth year of his reign, Axymalz was wandering in the palace gardens, when suddenly a terrible cold fear gripped his heart. Knowing not what he was doing or why, he flew as fast as he could toward the Queen's Chambers. Then a sharp cry rang out from Alextis's bedroom. Axymalz burst into the room, and there lay his beloved wife on the floor, dead. She bore no mark on her body, and there was no sign of a struggle in her room. In her hand she held the sapphire pendant, and on her neck was the necklace of Axymalz's fathers. There were no other clues as to the cause of her death.

"Axymalz mourned his wife for seven days. At the end of that time, he was convinced that some sorcery had been involved in her death, and that its source was the necklace or the pendant. Therefore, he took the sapphire and certain other articles and journeyed into the necklace in order to avenge his wife's death.

"For the first three months, he traveled in the gem of the necklace and held contact with his mages and advisers. He gave reports of many terrible adventures, but he did not meet the cause of his wife's death. At the end of three months, Axymalz lost contact with the outside world, and he was never heard from again.

"Axymalz's young son, Atenmal, was devastated at his father's disappearance. He did everything he could to bring Axymalz back, sending his country's greatest heroes into the necklace to find him. None of them ever returned. Finally, Atenmal wanted to go himself, but his advisers forbade it, reminding him that he had no heir, and there would be no one of his bloodline left to become emperor if he disappeared. Atenmal grew angry at this, and gave a decree that no one was ever allowed to enter the necklace again. He ordered his mages to put such spells on the necklace as would prevent anyone, be he fairy, elf dwarf or man, from wanting to enter the gem, and if they did, they should never be able to leave. The mages did this, and then the necklace, which is now called the Necklace of Axymalz, in memory of its last unfortunate owner, was hidden away from all memory. Some say the necklace remains to this day hidden somewhere beneath Mexil, others say that the Necklace of Axymalz was found and stolen by some sorcery. All anyone knows for certain is that there is some great curse on the necklace, and some evil surely dwells within. Atenmal died an old bachelor, and his chief adviser, Gelinfur, became his heir. Thus ended the Golden Age of Gildur, and thus ends the tale of the Necklace of Axymalz."

Present time. Present place

"Don't worry. I just got a great idea to get Tas back!" Zade said, and disappeared before I could say anything.

"I hate it when he does that," I muttered.

"Me, too," said a voice behind me.

I jumped.

"Who's there?"

116 Reviews

Mon Aug 27, 2007 9:03 pm
Maybe says...

aiee! that was splendid...but now i'm stuck again! Who's there!?

141 Reviews

Tue Aug 28, 2007 11:40 pm
Firestalker says...

me too. Who's Who, Whos where, Wheres where, Whats what. Head/desk.
--

According to all known laws of aviation, there is no way a bee should be able to fly. Its wings are too small to get its fat little body off the ground.
— The Bee Movie