The Coffee Shop

44 posts1, 2, 3
User avatar
Gender None specified
Points 686
Reviews 5
Micah--

I quickly wipe my face on the sleeve of my jacket. I jog a little farther until i see a small coffee shop. It looks nice and cozy inside. I skid to a stop and go inside. There are already a couple people sitting down talking. I go to the counter and ask for a plain cup of normal coffee. I begin so sip away at it as i watch the other people in the shop.
“The difference between the right word and the almost right word is the difference between lightning and a lightning bug.”
― Mark Twain


“You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.”
― Ray Bradbury




User avatar
Gender Female
Points 4140
Reviews 45
Isaura;

I stared at her in shock, completely forgetting my second tea. She came back to get over Andy's death? If it were me experiencing grief such as her's, I would want to get away from it all! "What makes you think you can get closure by coming back?" I asked, no hint of hostility in my voice, but the shock and curiosity were very noticeable.
"You have brains in your head and feet in your shoes - you can steer yourself in any direction you choose!" - Dr. Seuss
~
Will Review For Food




User avatar
Gender Female
Points 36
Reviews 184
Rose

A young girl walked into the cafe, quite out of breath. I sipped my coffee and began talking in a low voice. "Seeing this place," I said, "with all the memories of him doesn't hurt as much anymore. It just reminds me that..." I collected my thoughts. "...Andy wouldn't want me to run away from it, or even be sad at all." I had everyone's attention now. "He'd want me to come home, be happy, and remember him fondly." I stopped myself from rambling and sipped more coffee.




User avatar
Gender Female
Points 4140
Reviews 45
Isaura;

"Well, when you put it that way..." I said, waving the cup of tea around. "I guess you did the right thing. At least it's not as painful anymore, right?" I asked. With an awkward pause I continued, "So...what is it that you plan to do now, Rose?"
"You have brains in your head and feet in your shoes - you can steer yourself in any direction you choose!" - Dr. Seuss
~
Will Review For Food




User avatar
Gender Female
Points 36
Reviews 184
Rose

I looked up. "I have no earthly idea, Isaura," I said quietly. "No earthly idea."




User avatar
Gender Female
Points 4140
Reviews 45
Isaura;

I blinked, unexpected to hear such an answer. She always knew what to do, and if not, she at least had a good idea. "Well, do you plan to move in now?" I asked her carefully.
"You have brains in your head and feet in your shoes - you can steer yourself in any direction you choose!" - Dr. Seuss
~
Will Review For Food




User avatar
Gender Female
Points 36
Reviews 184
Rose

I shrugged. "I'm just living out of my car at the moment," I said. Little Marie beside me handed me a carefully scrawled piece of paper. I took it and smiled at her. "Thank you, Marie!" I said in my little-girl voice. "Can I keep it?" Marie nodded and hid behind her mother sheepishly. I smiled again and folded up the paper.




User avatar
Gender Female
Points 4140
Reviews 45
Isaura;

I was shocked again. "A car?!" I said in disbelief. "Have you not asked any of your old high school clique?"
"You have brains in your head and feet in your shoes - you can steer yourself in any direction you choose!" - Dr. Seuss
~
Will Review For Food




User avatar
Gender Female
Points 36
Reviews 184
Rose

I shrugged. "You know as well as I do that they didn't care two pennies about me," I said. "I could be dead for all they know." I wished I hadn't said that, since Isaura actually thought I was dead for a long time. I looked around the cafe and felt a little badly for leaving the others out.




User avatar
Gender Female
Points 4140
Reviews 45
Isaura;

I composed myself quickly from her stinging comment. I was one of the few that did care, and I thought she was dead! "Well...maybe..." I was thinking for something appropriate to say.
"You have brains in your head and feet in your shoes - you can steer yourself in any direction you choose!" - Dr. Seuss
~
Will Review For Food




User avatar
Gender Female
Points 36
Reviews 184
Rose

I shrugged. "It's fine, Isaura." I rose to leave.




User avatar
Gender Female
Points 4140
Reviews 45
Isaura;

"Wait!" I said, grabbing her arm instinctively. I blinked in surprise at my own impulsive actions before I continued. "When will I see you again? How long are you staying in town?"
"You have brains in your head and feet in your shoes - you can steer yourself in any direction you choose!" - Dr. Seuss
~
Will Review For Food




User avatar
Gender None specified
Points 300
Reviews 0
Max- (can't decide whether to do him in first person or third yet...)

I walk into the coffee shop, peering around me cautiously. I hate going into empty shops; it's so awkward. There are a few people, enough I suppose. I walk rather slowly up to the counter, trying to think of what I want. Coffee doesn't sound good right now as I'm already wide awake. Then I see the cheesecake display and I have to hold back a whoop of delight.
"Excuse me," I say to the cheery-looking man behind the counter.
"Evening," he smiles at me, but my eyes are too busy straying to the lovely cheesecake to notice.
"May I have the strawberry swirl cheesecake please?" I ask, my excitement mounting.
"Sure thing." He grabs a small glass plate - a nice touch - and gently slides a slice of the creamy red-and-white cake onto it before handing it to me.
"Thanks!" I say a bit too loudly. I fish around in my pocket for a folded up five dollar bill, then hand it to him. "Keep the change."
"Have a nice day," He flashes me a smile again.
"You too," I echo, grabbing a fork and a napkin and finding an empty table. Yes, cheesecake!
When you asked me what Was wrong I wanted for dinner, I said "Nothing". But as I turned away I whispered, "Everything."




User avatar
Gender Female
Points 36
Reviews 184
Rose

A young man walked in and ordered a cheesecake. I turned back to Isaura and shrugged. "As long as it takes," I said a little vaguely.



More than anything she wanted the world to be uncomplicated, for right and wrong to be as easily divided as the black and white sections of an Oreo. But the world was not a cookie.
— Roshani Chokshi, Aru Shah and the Tree of Wishes