z

Young Writers Society

Tears of the Forest [ OPEN][Not accepting]

97 Reviews

Reviews: 97
Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:18 am
summergrl13 says...

Luna raced nimbly through the forest in her spirit form, loving the feeling of the wind against her face and her fur blowing back as she ran hard and fast. She was almost to the heart of the forest when she heard something that ran chills down her spine and made her stop in her tracks. Another wolf howl. She hadn't heard one since her parents had been taken in and Ryder had disappeared. She paused and listened hard for anything that could give her a clue to where the howl came from, if it was friendly and how close they were. Just as she was about to give up, she heard a twig snap and definite panting about 200 yards behind her. She spun around, watching the strange wolf come towards her; back arched and hair bristled, she readied herself for an attack from the stranger...
I will review for you! PM about it if you need one!

Come check out my new story at topic53543.html

34 Reviews

Reviews: 34
Sat Aug 06, 2011 3:06 am
LostMagi42 says...

Myelina woke with a start, and saw a human staring at her. 'great,' she thought, 'now ive got trouble, and this guy still isnt moble.'
"Why hello there, i just found this demon sitting here and ive been waiting on it to wake up. I think it might be dead, but i must have fallen asleep. thank you for keeping an eye on it. if it stirs, i was going to bring it in to the sd for exile."
'the one good thing about these sunglasses. they hide that ring'
The man grunted and walked away.
"Fourty-two"
- Deep Thought

"There is no spoon"
-Strange Child

"C IS FOR COOKIE! THATS GOOD ENOUGH FOR ME!"
- Cookie Monster, may he Rest In Peace

"Bow ties are cool"
- The Doctor

17 Reviews

Reviews: 17
Sat Aug 06, 2011 5:25 am
KindredSpiritBee says...

Dark

I woke up from my lonely dreams silently, as always. But wasn't as always was the voice of a girl next to me.
"Why hello there, i just found this demon sitting here and ive been waiting on it to wake up. I think it might be dead, but i must have fallen asleep. thank you for keeping an eye on it. if it stirs, i was going to bring it in to the sd for exile."
There was a grunt and footsteps leaving.
I gave it another few seconds before I let my eyes open and glanced at the girl next to me, then flicked my eyes to the big guy walking away. "It might be dead?" I hissed at her, soft enough that he couldn't hear me.
"It was all I could think of, you should be thanking me."
"Yeah. Thanks." I sat up and looked at her, there was something off about her, something that wasn't quite human. He couldn't put his finger on it but there was something about this girl that wasn't like the people he watched every day. Something... Stronger about her.
Llamas do not have six packs

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:22 am
PrincessOfDarkness says...

Arwen ¬

I stopped suddenly. In front of me was another Wolf. My hackles rose and I snarled at her. but instead of attcking, I phased into my human form.
"Who are you?" I asked.
Signature Pending

34 Reviews

Reviews: 34
Sat Aug 06, 2011 2:21 pm
LostMagi42 says...

Myelina took off her sunglasses and clipped them onto the front of her dress. She pulled him off the ground, saying "come on, lets get you up. Next time, try to keep your bed to a little more out of the way place, like a secret passage, or an abandoned house, those work well." she then took him to a house that was deserted, and treated a wound that she had found on his arm.
"Fourty-two"
- Deep Thought

"There is no spoon"
-Strange Child

"C IS FOR COOKIE! THATS GOOD ENOUGH FOR ME!"
- Cookie Monster, may he Rest In Peace

"Bow ties are cool"
- The Doctor

97 Reviews

Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:51 pm
summergrl13 says...

Luna hesitated, but phased into her human form as well when she saw that the other demon wasn't going to harm her. "I'm Luna," she said quietly, avoiding the girl's eye. "Arwen," she responded, holding her hand out. Luna looked at her and gently placed her hand in Arwen's. "I've never seen another demon here," she stammered out. "And I haven't seen another wolf spirit since..... well, for a long time." Arwen smiled a bit. "I didn't know there was a wolf spirit either, so I think we were both a bit surprised."

6 Reviews

Reviews: 6
Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:50 pm
Spyndlethread says...

((Okay, guys, hold up. WE NEED MORE MALE CHARACTERS.))
Please check out my storybook; it needs members! http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/post894035.html#p894035

Insincerly, sarcastically, and nerd-i-ly,

SPYNDLE

97 Reviews

Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:56 am
summergrl13 says...

(( Well, I could add Ryder in a bit later. I'm on my phone now so I'll make a description of him when I get on the computer.))

6 Reviews

Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:11 pm
Spyndlethread says...

((Okay, sounds good.))

Aktar heard the howls of the wolves and shuddered. Wolves tended not to like cougars. He crept in the shadows, hoping that they wouldn't hear him or smell him. He could take on two or even three if he had to, but where there was one, there were always more. He growled softly.
Please check out my storybook; it needs members! http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/post894035.html#p894035

SPYNDLE

53 Reviews

Reviews: 53
Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:48 pm
Ranger51 says...

((Hi! This is my first-ever storybook, so if I do/did something wrong, please let me know!))

Mira watched the water trickle lazily down the rocks, allowing thoughts to wash over her mind like the water over the stream bed. Although she rarely did, she let her mind wander to her parents. She still had little fragments of memory from her childhood, and she wondered what had happened to them. She wondered if they missed her or if they'd just moved on with their lives. Although she knew it probably wasn't going to happen, Mira still harbored - and tried to fight - dreams of meeting them again one day. Abruptly, she realized they might not recognize her - or she might not recognize them after all those years.

She forced herself away from those thoughts, feeling her eyes begin to dampen. Instead, she focused on the area around her. She loved this spot - not many people knew of it, so she could be alone here when she wanted to. She loved the sound of water trickling over the ground, whispering in her ears.

But suddenly, Mira picked up a new sound - the sound of something growling.
"We need not to be let alone. We need to be really bothered once in a while. How long is it since you were really bothered? About something important, about something real?"
-Fahrenheit 451

6 Reviews

Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:05 pm
Spyndlethread says...

Aktar listened carefully, but the sounds of the wolves were fading. He walked a few more cautious steps and froze once again. Someone was sitting before him with their back turned. He growled louder and backed away, hoping his apparent aggression would scare them off. He hadn't seen another of his kind in months, and was hoping he wouldn't have to.

SPYNDLE

53 Reviews

Reviews: 53
Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:11 am
Ranger51 says...

The snarl floated softly over the trickling water, closer now. Her heart pounding, Mira slowly turned, standing now, her hazel eyes wide. Before her crouched a bedraggled cougar, poised to strike or flee, black lips curled to reveal jagged, glimmering teeth; a broken fang glinted. Mira froze; she had heard rumors of a rugged cougar like this. This must be the spirit known as the Beastlord.

Mira swallowed a lump in her throat, wondering if a violent cougar could catch a fleeing hawk. "Hello," she managed, deciding that perhaps if she were polite and quiet, she might be left alone. She'd heard that this spirit was insane. Hopefully he was safe for now, but that startled, angry look in his eyes made her doubtful.

Just act calm, she told herself, and then said, "My name is Mira." Please don't hurt me, she added silently.

But there was no reaction. Mira wondered if she should flee or try to keep talking. After all, fighting was certainly out of the question...
"We need not to be let alone. We need to be really bothered once in a while. How long is it since you were really bothered? About something important, about something real?"
-Fahrenheit 451

6 Reviews

Thu Aug 18, 2011 1:09 am
Spyndlethread says...

Aktar drew back in surprise, shifting to his human form out of pure shock. The other spirit had turned around, and seen him, and hadn't fled. What was even more unusual was that she had spoken to him. That never happened. Ever. Something in him whispered that it was dangerous to get too trusting, dangerous to let anyone near him. He recoiled further and turned to run.

SPYNDLE

6 Reviews

Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:03 am
Spyndlethread says...

summergrl13 wrote:Luna hesitated, but phased into her human form as well when she saw that the other demon wasn't going to harm her. "I'm Luna," she said quietly, avoiding the girl's eye. "Arwen," she responded, holding her hand out. Luna looked at her and gently placed her hand in Arwen's. "I've never seen another demon here," she stammered out. "And I haven't seen another wolf spirit since..... well, for a long time." Arwen smiled a bit. "I didn't know there was a wolf spirit either, so I think we were both a bit surprised."

((Summergirl, this is an example of controlling another person's character. You should try to avoid it when you can--let the other person post what their character says in response to what your character says. :) ))

SPYNDLE

97 Reviews

Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:16 pm
summergrl13 says...

((Oh, sorry!))

No one achieves anything alone.
— Leslie Knope