z

Young Writers Society

The Marked Ones

57 Reviews

Reviews: 57
Wed Jun 23, 2010 3:54 am
NinjaCookieMonster says...

Kylie

I was half-awake when Setji stumbled into our part of the warehouse, clutching his nose. I jumped off my hammock and ran over.

"Setji! Who was it? What happened? Institute? Other gang? Get mistaken? Jump-"

"Kylie, it was Lolli. Made me punch myself." he groaned. I narrowed my eyes.

"She pulls one more stunt..."

I grabbed a towel and gave it to him. He pressed it against his nose. I frowned. As self-appointed team leader (though I hadn't officially gone through with it, as I hated leading a group when I hadn't even lived with other people other than gangs) , it was my duty to get rid of problems. Like Lolli. I couldn't talk to her without her making me do something for her, so how would I manage that? I checked over Setji (he'd be fine, given a little time) and went back to my hammock.

There would be time to think tomorrow.
hey, Jude, don't make it bad
take a sad song and make it better
remember to let it into your heart
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

"Not vampires, fish from space."

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:00 pm
ForsakenAngel says...

~Kerli~

I walked outside, not sure of what I wanted to do. I was bored, and everyone had drifted to sleep. I snuck off into the forest for time to think, or practice, or whatever would happen. I just wasn't tired after the long day of sleeping. I stretched and yawned at the thought, but sat down to practice more. My headache had come back earlier, but I would be fine.

I ended up standing up again after I caught myself trying to go back to sleep. I closed my eyes, and focused on my surroundings. I could hear it all, the birds in their nests, the squirrels getting ready for a long nights sleep, even the gentle noise as rain fell on the tops of the trees. I could hear the gentle breathing of some raccoons and their footsteps as they passed maybe thirty feet in front of me. I could hear the crickets, loud next to me, and I heard the frogs croaking in the water nearby, and I heard a group of dear, or elk, drinking the water.

I focused on something near me, seeing it without opening my mind. I saw some rocks, boulders they could be called, in the clearing I was in. I lifted one at a time, a slow pace forming, and placed the, one on top of the other, some standing up on end while the others lay flat. When I had maybe ten on top of each other, some of them going off to the side and sitting there so it looked unbalanced, I opened my eyes. It was exactly so. I had the worst headache in a long time, and the sun was begging to rise, but I was doing fine, or better than fine actually.

I unfocused on the rocks, backing up a little so they wouldn't fall on me, as I half expected them to do, but they didn't move an inch. They sat there, perfect, without me even focusing on them to stay like that. I walked over to them slowly, placing a hand on a rock eye level to me, then looked up at the rest. They didn't move an inch.

Though most of the others thought my power was telekinesis, this was my power. I knew that, as soon as I walked away, they would fall again. It was just what happened. I was what made them balance, and they must balance. Usually, it was, whenever I quite focusing, they would fall, but this was so much better. I had perfected it, only, I couldn't get the dang headache to go away.
Hakuna Matata <3
RIP to all my friends who didn’t make it.

Hop freight or get lost.

57 Reviews

Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:31 pm

Kylie

I woke up with a start. Something rustled behind me. I whipped around. "F-Fee?" I stuttered out.

And that's when a hand wrapped around my mouth.

Now, being the sensible sixteen year old girl I am, I tried to bite my attacker. But I couldn't reach his palm, however much I strained. I felt an arm wrap around my middle and lift me up, carrying me away. I screamed, trying to press every ounce of my power into it, but something blocked it. I managed to pull his hand away and scream bloody murder for about half a second before his hand was over my mouth again.

Several of the group bolted awake right away, including Fee. I fought back as much as I could, but he was making me inhale something that slowed me, and he was too strong. Several of my friends were running towards me now, yelling and trying to attack me. My kidnapper started running, and dang, was he fast. I screamed a muffled, "Setji!" remembering his power, and he bolted forward, but the man just knocked him aside.

Carley tried too, and Nova, and the others. Where was Kerli? The thought was silenced as Jax ran up, arms outstretched to me. The man punched him in the stomach. As the vision of Jax crumpled on the ground and my friends still running got smaller, I stopped screaming and started crying violently. My consciousness ebbed, and I passed out.

Oh, Kylie, what have you gotten yourself into?
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

384 Reviews

Reviews: 384
Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:05 am
eldEr says...

Sorry it's so short!!!!

JAXTON

I fell to my knees, gripping my stomach. The little ass... Okay, BIG ass... whatever. He punched hard... The others were by my side suddenly, Fee was shouting profanities.

"We've got to get her back," I muttered, rising clumsily to my feet. I really needed to work on my fighting skills...
Guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurl.

got trans?

116 Reviews

Sat Jul 03, 2010 2:48 pm
ForsakenAngel says...

AH! I forgot about this SB!
Hakuna Matata <3

Hop freight or get lost.

49 Reviews

Reviews: 49
Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:21 am
MilkNCookies says...

you should restart this. I would of joined!
"Fantasy is a way of looking through the wrong end of the telescope."

"The writer who breeds more words than he needs is making a chore for the reader who reads!"

~Dr.Seuss.

57 Reviews

Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:33 am

Guys, this has been dead for months. MONTHS. I'm not restarting it. Sorry to disappoint, and to... sound like a bitter cranky teen girl?

Whoopsy.
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

116 Reviews

Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:36 am
ForsakenAngel says...

Sweety, you aint a teenage girl yet xD I am, but you're not! *Uggles*
Hakuna Matata <3

Hop freight or get lost.

50 Reviews

Reviews: 50
Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:30 am
KingLucifer says...

Am I to late? or do I still have a chance? Please let me know.
An angel, a knight, a man who will bring light to where there is only darkness, I am the Morning Star, the Bringer of Light, hail to me as I am King Lucifer!

Formerly: Avalon

57 Reviews

Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:58 am

This has been dead for a long time. I might give it the breath of life, but not now. I'm sorry, Heart.
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

50 Reviews

Reviews: 50
Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:59 pm
KingLucifer says...

Oh, I see well if your ever looking for someone to join in come and find me. I'm on most of the time.
An angel, a knight, a man who will bring light to where there is only darkness, I am the Morning Star, the Bringer of Light, hail to me as I am King Lucifer!

Formerly: Avalon

Sometimes I'm terrified of my heart; of its constant hunger for whatever it is it wants. The way it stops and starts.
— Poe