z

Young Writers Society

Three Kingdoms

121 Reviews

Reviews: 121
Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:29 am
PhoenixBishop says...

Once there were four Kingdoms that were always at war. The Waefu Kingdom practiced the darkest of magics and were the cause of many of these wars. The other three kingdoms combined their efforts and destroyed Waefu and all that lived there. To promote peace they set up the Tournaments to solve all future disputes.

The Tournament:To prevent war a tournament is whenever a dispute arises. It is held in the ruins of a previous Kingdom that fell in battle. 15 people enter the tournament. Five from every Kingdom. These five are picked after years of training and are considered the best in their fields. There are multiple rounds, so even if one loses there first they still have a chance. Three loses equals game over.

Though there are those who don't agree with this tournament. They feel it is abusive to magic and should be stopped. They hide withen the tournament and secretly plot to sabotage it.

The Kingdoms

Harant First kingdom: Known for armor resistant to some magic. These people are very defensive, and their kingdom is surrounded by huge stone walls. The ground inside the kingdom is mostly paved, save for farming areas. Harant is ruled by king Titus, a rather paranoid man. Some of the outer kingdoms say he has more personal gaurds then soldiers.

Magic: These people use physical magic. Increased strength, speed and senses.

Rihads Second Kingdom: Known as the Kigdom of light. This Kingdom actually has a queen. This Kingdom is a island suspended high up in the clouds. The castle is built of white marble and gold. Everyone up there is required to wear white as it is considered a pure color.It is extreamly cold up where they live and extreamly bright when the sun is out.

Magic: They are known for their connection to life force. With this they can commnicate with plants and animals. What they are best known for however is healing, and time manipulation.

Fewa Third kingdom: Known for element magic. A very lush and open kingdom. Surrounded by forest, and foliage. It's often raining in this area, but they don't mind. This Kingdom is run by Four elders, each gifted in one of the four elemental magics; Fire, Earth, Water, Air.

Magic: They are know for using all forms of elemental magic. From the traditonal; fire, water, earth, air. To the more complex; stone, wood, lightning, metal, light, shadow.

Waefu Fourth Kingdom. The Previous Kingdom home to dark magic. This Kingdom was built deep underground in a series of caves. Rocks in the caves formed the castle. After the war the castle was destoyed and the cave, caved in. The tournament is fought in a arena built on the on top of the earth where the main entrance used to be. They had only one King and he was skilled at pulling out peoples souls.

Magic: These spellls are lost. Don't you dare try to find them. Some who have used them are said to have died afterwards.

On magic: When picking you magic and skilly you do not have to stick with the examples given with the Kingdom. I want you to come up with your own combinations. For example none of the Kingdoms are know for illusions, but that can of course be onf of your powers.

Profiles:

Name:

Kingdom:

For or against Tournament:

Appearance:

Personality:

Magic/Skills: (Four powers/skills in total)

History:

SB Rules-All normal YWS rules apply
-No sex scenes.
-One character maximum
-No killing other people
-All OOC posts in DT - Or Puzzler will spaz
-If you wish to drop PM us so we can rid of you character in a sensible way. If you drop without notice we will hunt you down like a dog.
- NO GOD MODDING (I can not stress this enough for this SB)
-ScarlettFire and Puzzler are also overlooking this Storybook. So what they say is law.

Battle Rules:

- No black magic (You can try, but if you're found out you will be killed.)
- First to be knocked out, killed or gives up loses.
-No pets allowed in the fight
-One potion for mana resotration is allowed.
-The fight must stay in the given arena space.
-From there everything is fair game.

Being as that this is a tournament someone has to lose and someone has to win. To make it fair we will be using a dice rolling system that can be found here. http://www.random.org/dice/?num=2 When a match begins one of the three mods of this Storybook will randomly roll this dice. This number will not be shared. The two in combat will also roll. At this point the number of the orignal roll will be revealed. The person with the closest roll will win the match. If both are equally close, then it is a tie.

Screen capture your roll and place it at the bottom of of the post that starts your fight. When done it should look like this.
Dice roll2.png
Dice roll2.png (5.1 KiB) Viewed 321 times

Contact Me, ScarlettFire, or Puzzler if you have any questions
This is one little planet in one tiny solar system in a galaxy that’s barely out of its diapers. I’m old, Dean. Very old. So I invite you to contemplate how insignificant I find you.

Death~

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:52 am
Camulaeus says...

Will finish

Name: Daniel Gorl

Kingdom:Fewa

For or against Tournament: Against; He believes that the Waefu deserve redemption.

Appearance: Daniel is very tall, with short cropped black hair and piercing blue eyes. His face is slightly rectangular, but this is counteracted by his strong jaw and brow. He has a small frame; and isn't the weakest or strongest guy.

Personality: Daniel is for the most part warm and friendly, though often times when he feel hurt and rejected her becomes swiftly anti-social.

Magic/Skills: Fire magic, Lightning Magic, Stone magic, Strong runner,

History:
Last edited by Camulaeus on Sun Mar 20, 2011 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
With friends and courage one can stand against all foes, for neither man nor God can conquer those who are not alone

"109 in the sky but the pigs won't quit"

GLBT it doesn't matterone thing doesn't change who we are

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:58 am
ScarlettFire says...

Placeholder.

You really want me to overlook this SB? *gets out Nasty Hat* >.>

Edit: Profile. Under Construction.

Name: Caolán Bristol.

Kingdom: Rihads.

For or against Tournament: Against.

Appearance:
Spoiler! :

Personality:

Magic/Skills: Healing, Minor/Weak Telepathy. Fencing skills. Illusion magic.

History:
Last edited by ScarlettFire on Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"With friends like you, who needs a medical license?" - Paimon, Aether's Heart

“It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission.” - Grace Hopper.

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Sun Mar 20, 2011 1:49 pm
SisterItaly says...

Profiles:

Name: Joanna (Joe) Lee

Kingdom: Harant

For or against Tournament: Against (Leader of Rebels)

Appearance:
Spoiler! :

Personality: Joe -Despite being very female- insists on being called a male. She even goes to the extent of bandaging down her breasts to look more manly. Only her brother knows she is a she. Since she has a man's mind, she doesn't normally indulge in lady like tendencies. She has already throughly convinced everyone else she is male.

She demands the upmost respect and expects people to do things right the first time. She can get very defensive when questioned. She can be seen as a cold heartless killer, but that is simply a mask from years of training as an assassin. She is a true leader at heart. Although sometimes she can be distracted.

When it comes to love, she has a habit of trying to hide all infatuations. Because back in their time a man and a man would be highly frowned upon and she refuses to give in to her female body.

Magic/Skills: Sword fighting, health regenerates 2X as fast as normal, Increased speed, telekinesis.

History: When she was young, her father was selected to be in the tournament. She was excited, and went with him to watch. When he stepped onto the feild everyone screamed and cheered. It was going to be a great day for Harant. They were going to settle a long despute with Fewa. Then... her father died.

During the duel the other duelest sliced through him and killed him. After seeing her own flesh and blood die over a simple disagreement... she swore to end the tournaments once and for all.

Her mother died of an unknown illness not long after. So her and her brother were forced to do whatever they could for food. For a while they were very successful assassins. One day... while trying to kill off a target, they pulled a black magic spell on Joanna. It stole a piece of her mind that over time would kill her.

Her older brother gave up a piece os his mind to save her, but it left them linked mentally forever. So he's like a second pair of eyes to her (and a constant annoyance). This also gave her the mind set of a male. Leaving her feeling like a man trapped inside a woman's body. She can see into his mind and him into her's.

Up For Love: You'll have to find out her secret first.

*If someone wants to take her brother feel free to, but PM me first.*
"Even in the end --even in death-- I can't hate you." - Neri Hereford's last words.

"The Gods demand blood, for they... do not bleed." Jaska.

The Book.

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:43 pm
CelticaNoir says...

Name: Brede Lee

Kingdom: Harant

For or against Tournament: Against

Appearance:

Personality: While Joanne regards him as annoying, Brede is actually the more mature and responsible of the two; which is often hidden by the fact that he is also more shyer and quieter of the two. He is also a bit feminine, preferring female crafts such as sewing and drawing to sports such as javelin throwing - also part of the reason why he became a mage instead of a swordsman.

Magic/Skills: Ability to draw elements from his surroundings, changing things from one form to another, telekinesis and telepathy with his sister.

History: When he and his sister were children, their father was one of the challengers in the tournament. Brede, a normal boy back then, thought his dad was the coolest guy in the world. Until the day a duelist sliced him in half. After that, things began to go downhill for their family. Their mother died of a wasting disease, and Brede and his little sister Joanne had to become scavengers; i.e., they took whatever work they could in order to survive, even if it meant killing people. Unknown to Joanne, he started to study magic on the side.

And then, the final blow was when half of Joanne's mind was ripped away by a curse cast by one of their targets. Using all he knew about the subject, Brede saved her from dying by giving up a piece of his own mind - and now, they share the same half-mind, which is also why Brede is a bit feminine. Bitter at how the tournament ruined their lives, Brede now works with Joanna to take it down.
I am the workingman, the inventor, the maker of the world's food and clothes.
I am the audience that witnesses history.
- Carl Sandburg, I am the People, the Mob

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:26 am
Camulaeus says...

Hey I'm sorry but I can't do his anymore: got a bad term grade and parents are cracking down on my schooling.
With friends and courage one can stand against all foes, for neither man nor God can conquer those who are not alone

"109 in the sky but the pigs won't quit"

GLBT it doesn't matterone thing doesn't change who we are

A cynic is a man who knows the price of everything, and the value of nothing.
— Oscar Wilde