z

Young Writers Society

The Commanding 5.

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:33 pm
fictionfanatic says...

When you say girl, do you mean Dakotah?.....Because Dakotah is a guy...Dakotah is a guy name in France
Live, Love, Laugh

161 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 161
Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:52 pm
Sassafras says...

Roo- Flute

Once again, Kotah's english made me laugh but my burst of happiness were subsided when I actually realized what was going on.

"So we can speak to our instruments?" Lyndaline smiled and nodded.

"If you want to." I took a weary glance down at my bag before scratching my head. I opened my mouth to speak up again but someone beat me to it.

"You're crazy," a boy yelled. I remember him calling himself Will or something like that. I gripped Kanga, my plush Kangaroom keychain, and held it to my chest. It was fastened to my skirt by a long length of chain and was big enough that I had to grab it with both hands.

"We probably shouldn't yell," I squeaked. My protest fell upon deaf ears.

"You expect me to believe instruments can talk? This is insane." I sighed and closed my eyes. I could hear Lyndaline switching standing position. Somebody next to me, most likely Steph since the noise was in my right ear, also switched position nervously. Another noise, this time in my left, Dakotah was moving, shuffling his feet.

"Everything will be explained once you meet the Five," Lyndaline continued. I opened my eyes and smiled.

"What are their names?" She faced me and ran a hand through her hair before turning around and walking up to yet another door I didn't notice was there before.

"They'll tell you."
A pale imitator of a girl in the sky.

49 Reviews

Reviews: 49
Sun Jan 30, 2011 5:37 pm
MilkNCookies says...

Lyndaline

"They'll tell you." I replied. I beckoned for them to follow me down the corridor, towards the Five's rooms. One person stayed behind; everyone else got up, curiosity besting them. I glanced back at the boy- Will, I think.

"Butler!" I hollered. Someone rushed up to me immediately. "Can you get Holden? he's in the boy's wing- probably in the lunchroom.Tell him I have something for him- that will probably make him come quickly." The Butler bowed and left.

"Are you the queen here or something?" The boy who stayed behind, will I think, asked me.

"In a way. First, I am the leader of this school. Secondly, I am the last of the Commanding 5's Players. So yes, I pretty much am a queen here. Besides, these butlers get paid a bunch of money to do this for me. Now, come on. You can leave once you've meet them, if you wish." Sighing, he got up.

"If this is all some phoney-balony, then I'm suing."

"By all means, I will let you." i replied. Holden came through the doors like a king himself.

"Yes?" he asked, eying each of the girls.

"You're going to be introduced to the Commanding 5."

"What's my gift? That's what the butler said, that you had a gift for me."

"I said i have something to give you- and that is a chance at being one of the Commanding 5's players." He sighed.

"Everyone ready?" I asked. They nodded. "Let's go."

We walked down the corridor, images of music notes, clefs, and sheet music all over the walls. The corridor led to a large door. Hesitantly, I opened it. The room was bland, gray walls and a gray tile floor. there were five tables- each held an instrument.

"Drokkan, Here they are. Happy? Just like you wanted them. Unsuspecting." I told the euphonium, hoisting it up.

"Very happy indeed, Lyn." It replied. I looked at each of their shocked expressions- it was quite amusing, actually.

"So?" I asked them, waiting for a reply.
"Fantasy is a way of looking through the wrong end of the telescope."

"The writer who breeds more words than he needs is making a chore for the reader who reads!"

~Dr.Seuss.

17 Reviews

Reviews: 17
Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:49 pm
MisunderstoodDreamer says...

Stephanie

This was insane. I had to be dreaming. Either that, or I was delusional, because it sounded like that euphonium just spoke!

"So?" Lyndaline asked. Nobody said anything. We all just stood there in shock.

"Woah." I said, simple and plain, after a while. I smile began to spread across my face. "That's..."

"Amazing." Roo finished for me, since I was too flabbergasted to find words to describe what I had just experienced. I nodded. Lyndaline looked pleased.

"It's just as I told you!" she said. "See, Will, there's no need to sue." Will replied with a 'hmph', and crossed his arms.

"It's probably just a hoax." He said. Normally, I would agree, because this did seem kinda crazy, but I jut had a feeling that he was wrong. I wasn't sure why, but I knew that this had just turned into the most amazing opportunity of my life!
I am a PUZZLE
yet to be put TOGETHER

But at the same time, I'm just one PIECE
still trying to figure out where I FIT IN

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:04 am
Kaywiia says...

Lucy Calloway

When the instrument 'talked', I was the only one who kept a straight face.

"You lot are pathetic." I said with a smile-lacking laugh. "You really think an instrument can talk? It's no more than a cleverly jacked up device. Listen to yourselves, this is so cliche. You come to a school, unsuspecting with a scholarship, of course. Then, you're lead into a dark little room where some obviously dilusional lady tries to convince you that an instrument can talk. I'm sorry, but this is just absurd."

It's only as absurd as you are. I heard a voice come from the instrument. I didn't flinch, though most of the others did. I raised an eyebrow, and shook my head. These people didn't deserve to listen to me speak. They were all so pathetic. Still, I wouldn't remain undermined by a little piece of technoledgy.

"Clever," I said, half amused, half annoyed, "where's the microphone?" I crossed my arms over my chest, daring anyone to say there wasn't one.
Love is beautiful, but what would love be without life?

27 Reviews

Reviews: 27
Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:22 pm
Mazzi says...

Emma Wells

I was surprised by the appearance of our headmistress, Lyndaline Tripp. I expected a very beautiful dress, like a fairy god-mother. Instead she looked more like one of us, well most of us. She was wearing a white t-shirt and blue jeans. She lied to us, I'm hesitating that it's for good reason too. Magical instruments? It seemed un-likely, these weren't the days of Merlin and King Arthur.

I strode forward with the others, I had little belief but much curiosity in the matter. Talking instruments? I just want to hear them, know there magical names. Even become their friend, if that's possible in the world of magic music. In the room we heard it talk, we were sure, except one of us, who clearly denied the concept of magic and talking instruments. She had her armed crossed around her chest and had a frown across her face. She asked "Were's the microphone?"
Hmm, maybe I could get in Miss Tripp's good books by supporting her. "We had wizards and witches in the old times, why not now? I paused for her to take this in. "There may be allot more to this than you, or we think." I looked up admiringly at Miss Tripp and waited for her to thank me.
Tell the people Mazzi is here! To defend the defenseless! Befriend the friendless! And to defeat...the defeatless!

P.S and to love Lemurs!

I am and always will be optimist, the hoper of far-flung hopes, the dreamer of improbable dreams.
— 11th Doctor