z

Young Writers Society

The Hunger Games 2 - Accepting

262 Reviews

Reviews: 262
Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:11 am
ultraviolet says...

You could make it the Quarter Quell where the tributes were chosen by their district. That could make things interesting. Or you could make up a whole new one, as though Katniss were never in them and there were just more to come.
"Blah blah blah. You feel trapped in your life. Here is what I am hearing: happiness isn't worth any inconvenience."

~asofterworld.com

Random avatar

Reviews: 275
Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:23 am
Calligraphy says...

Well, I don't know how would them being chosen by their districts "interesting" Yes it would make things a little more interesting, but can anyone come up with anything better?

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:05 pm
Blueskysummer says...

I found a list of ideas on the Hunger Games wiki. here they are! I didn't think them up, they were made up by _sunshinyday_ from the wiki

* "As a reminder to the rebels that even the youngest among them would be affected by their reckless actions, all the tributes will be between the ages of 6 and 12"
* (I didn't come up with an "As a reminder" for this one, but all the tributes would be either male or female ( so either two guys or two girls from every district)
* "As a reminder to the districts that are uprising that they cannot escape the power of the Capitol, the districts that have not uprising are safe from the reaping this year, and the districts that have rebelled must give in four times the normal number of tributes"
* "As a reminder to the rebels that they will be unable to save their children once the rebellion has begun, no tributes entered will receive gifts from their sponsors"
* "As a reminder to the rebels that if they do not cease, there will be nothing left for themselves or their families, the arena will have no Cornucopia this year."
* "As a reminder to the rebels that if they defy the Capitol, they (and their children) will be left to fend for themselves, the tributes will have no mentors or trainers this year."
Hmmm...this snake is called a "Water Moccasin" so in THEORY I should be able to strap them to my feet and cross this river like Jesus?

Hush. Optimus is speaking.

"I get it, the first rule of robot fight club is you don't talk about robot fight club." -Jack, Transformers Prime

Random avatar

Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:28 pm
Calligraphy says...

The first few would have to make people change their characters... but I like the one about no presents from mentors... hmmm what does everyone else think?

45 Reviews

Reviews: 45
Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:21 am
TheGreatIthy says...

I do like the no presents thing as well. The no cornucopia thing would just make things a giant slug fest that would die off within the first 2 days due to exhaustion. The entire thing could be used for the future though...
Bees: They sting because they love!!

Will review for food!

26 Reviews

Reviews: 26
Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:52 am
Roadnevertravelled says...

I'm not in this but. . . Each person reaped has to choose someone to go in. Other than themselves. To show how the rebels had to make choices that ended in death.
If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:03 am
Blueskysummer says...

I really like Roadnevertraveled's idea... but otherwise the no mentor/no gifts is great with me!
Hmmm...this snake is called a "Water Moccasin" so in THEORY I should be able to strap them to my feet and cross this river like Jesus?

Hush. Optimus is speaking.

"I get it, the first rule of robot fight club is you don't talk about robot fight club." -Jack, Transformers Prime

Random avatar

Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:51 am
Calligraphy says...

O.K. guys I am going to with the no mentors no gifts thing because people have already started making characters and it would be a ton of chaos. But, I will keep it in mind because I plan to make more of these. I will make an an announcement soon.

I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth.
— Emily Bronte, Wuthering Heights