z

Young Writers Society

Ptolemy

387 Reviews

Reviews: 387
Tue Feb 19, 2008 1:19 am
Kylan says...

Time and Setting: Present day. The world has fallen into dystopian chaos and is only populated by scattered factions of the strong and the gritty. California. Think lots of dead bodies and looted shops type of thing.

Plot: Survivors of a holocaust of sorts, you and a group of resourceful people are living in constant fear of the Demons, a strange new race of ethereal spirits which feed on the life force of those they come in contact with and populate the earth. The Demons are silent wraiths that can only be distiguished by their shadow like quaility. They avoid daylight and are most powerful from sundown to sun-up. The group you live with is nomadic, moves from city to city in search of more survivors, and has been together for roughly a year now. Nearly all of the world's population has been wiped out by these Demons, but you are different. You belong to a small portion of the population who have some sort of genetic disease (for a list autosomal disorders see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genetic_disorder) and are therefore partially immune to the effect Demons have on most people. The only way the Demons can drain your life force is to be in direct contact with you for more than fifteen minutes. With extreme concetration you can also destroy one or two of these Demons at a time, but destroying them bleeds you of nearly all energy.

There are only a few nomadic groups of immune individuals and they generally tend to stay away from each other since large groups of people attract the attention of the Demons. Hostilities may occur.

Your character is most likely an average kind of person and could come from any walk of life.

Guidelines:

-- No killing other characters
-- We all belong to the same faction and have no need for introductions.
-- Get right into the action here, guys
-- Keep the fantasy characters out please.
-- Have fun

Character Profile (Please follow this template):

Name: Harrison Locke

Occupation Before the Holocaust: Senetorial Politician

Autosomal Disorder (refer to link provided above): Lynch Syndrome

Personality: Charismatic, friendly, powerful, charming, intelligent. But Harrison also has a dark side. He is extremely controlling and is a mild sociopath.

Background Information: Harrison - and never Harry - is a powerhouse. He was a successful senetor for California for six years before the Holocaust and was recently diagnosed with Colon Cancer as a result of his disorder. The pain comes in waves generally, and he is violently affected when it does. Harrison had a wife and two kids, all three of whom were killed by the Demons and has an insatiable craving for revenge. Due to his slightly sociopathic nature, he is violent periodically and has no qualms against capping someone if they get in his way. Stay on his good side and you won't get hurt. He is the self-appointed leader of the group.

Appearance: Tall, black hair, long face, deep blue eyes
"I am beginning to despair
and can see only two choices:
either go crazy or turn holy."

- Serenade, Adélia Prado

33 Reviews

Reviews: 33
Tue Feb 19, 2008 7:30 am
Katharsis says...

Name: Dale Hilly

Occupation Before the Holocaust: Student

Autosomal Disorder (refer to link provided above): Spinal Muscular Atrophy

Personality: Bitter, primarily introverted with a sort of self-imposed isolation. He's pompous and uppity, with a dark, stand-offish, angry demeanour.

Background Information: Influenced by his older brother, Dale was a promising Traceur. Parkour was his Brother's greatest passion, and the young Dale was very impressionable. It shook him terribly when he found out that he might never walk again. Giving up on training his body, Dale turned to intellectual pursuits.

Appearance: Short, wiry and impish; Dale has a pale complexion, straight ebony hair and stern, blue eyes. He has a mischievious, daring grin and a light spatter of freckles over his nose and cheeks. His legs are badly emaciated, and almost entirely without muscle tone. Though his arms are better, and allow him to move around in a wheelchair.

387 Reviews

Thu Feb 21, 2008 12:44 am
Kylan says...

Anyone else?

-Kylan

- Serenade, Adélia Prado

110 Reviews

Reviews: 110
Thu Feb 21, 2008 12:47 am
TNCowgirl says...

Ok, so the only disorders listed are all ones that make them not very dependent. It would be hard to survive like that.
"And you wonder why we don't like you!" -Trumpkin
Vist my world and make it bigger!
Want a Readers crit???

387 Reviews

Thu Feb 21, 2008 1:30 am
Kylan says...

...which will make the storybook more exciting. Problems = conflict. Conflict = story.

-Kylan

- Serenade, Adélia Prado

110 Reviews

Reviews: 110
Thu Feb 21, 2008 1:32 am
TNCowgirl says...

Ah, well, I'm really sorry, but I'll skip on this one. I work with the disabled, but I don't know enough about them to feel comfortable portraing one.
"And you wonder why we don't like you!" -Trumpkin
Vist my world and make it bigger!
Want a Readers crit???

You cannot have a positive life and a negative mind.
— Joyce Meyer