z

Young Writers Society

Laughing Stock

461 Reviews

Reviews: 461
Mon Feb 04, 2008 10:28 am
GingerLizzy says...

Savannah

She watched the girl for a moment and then chuckled a little.

"I'm sorry, I don't even know your name." She gestured to Adelle as she tugged at her elbow and lead her to the office, situated to the left of the bar. With a glance to Luna, she stopped and frowned. She knew a Bloody Mary when she saw one. "Sorry about this." She smiled politely to Adelle and swooped over to Luna, taking the drink and sniffing it's contents. "I thought so."

"Oh, uhh..." Luna stuttered, flushing bright red.

Savannah rolled her eyes and sipped the contents of the glass, wincing at the taste.

"You have a strange taste in drink, y'know that? Now, get on with setting up the stage, would you? It seems like I may have a gem in my midst." She smiled and her eyes gleamed as she made her way back to Adelle and lead her into the office, to sign some paperwork.
Worship the ginger monkey :) aaand join my new group!

Oh, and enter my new contest!

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Mon Feb 04, 2008 12:04 pm
Rydia says...

Adelle

I eyed the paper-work warily, worried about what clauses it might contain but the woman took a seat and pushed it towards me.

"Feel free to read it and ask questions if there's anything you don't like but it's pretty much a standard, one-night contract," she explained.

"Thank you..." I looked down at the contract to where her name was already signed neatly, "...Savannah." She nodded and I began to read. It was short, simple and more than generous. I read it a second time before signing. With that amount of money, for one performance, I could eat for three days!

"Alright then, now you can start straight away if you wish but there's a dressing room through here. I might just have something in your size..." Savannah scrutinised my under-fed, skinny figure, my dark eyes, dark hair and medium skin. "Yes, I think I could find something if you're willing. Come with me."
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

461 Reviews

Tue Feb 05, 2008 9:10 am
GingerLizzy says...

Savannah

She bustled to a side door in her office and ushered the girl after her. With a quick sweep over the girl, she knew exactly what she could wear.

"Okay, if you just sit here... Adelle, right?" The girl nodded and Savanaah smiled brightly, finally easing up after thestressful night. With the blink of an eye, she was gone, hidden amongst the rails of clothes that adorned the back wall of the dressing room.

"I, uhh.... Thanks." Adelle stammered wearily, fiddling the the fraying hem of her shirt.

"Nya, that's no problem." A voice emerged from the clothes, followed by Savannah, red faced and ruffled as she held up two longer dresses in one hand and a shorter one in the other.

"Hm, you're really skinny, huh?" Savannah said, thoughtfully as she glanced down at her curvier self. "Okay, I think we'll combo!"

Adelle didn't have time to wonder what thatmeant before Savannah had already whisked her from the dressing room and towards the bar door, now dresses in a short blue dress and skinny jeans.

"You're a saviour!" Savannah beamed.

63 Reviews

Reviews: 63
Tue Feb 05, 2008 3:55 pm
LunaBuna43 says...

Luna~

A gem in her midst? What was that supposed to mean? Weird taste in drinks? Hmph. I walked towards the stage and began to set it up.

After that was done with I walked back to my seat and began to sit on my drink.
"When other girls wanted to be Ballerinas, I kind of wanted to be a Vampire." ~Me
My first puppers Pikapet
My second puppers Pikapet
Check out my new group! Roleplayers Unite!

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Feb 05, 2008 6:42 pm
Rydia says...

Adelle

"I am?" I asked, hurrying forward where the pressure at my back directed me. Savannah pulled me to a stop and smiled brightly.

"Wait here a moment," she pushed the door open and before it fell shut, I caught sight of the finished stage and the gathering audience. It looked like more than your average bar entertainment. It looked professional.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, I'd like to introduce our first act of the night, please welcome Adelle Riviaire," A warm scattering of applause greeted this rather fancy surname and I had just long enough to marvel over the soft, blue dress and cosy jeans before Savannah was back to encourage me out onto the stage.

I stepped to the centre, fleetingly nervous and then marched straight into one of my performances.

"Well hello there everyone," I greeted them, "I'd like to start with a song I wrote." Introductions weren't usually my thing but this felt like the sort of place that needs an introduction and the audience was still small so I decided I would warm them up first and then start with the jokes, perhaps some juggling and see where it went from there. I wasn't even sure how long Sevannah wanted me on stage!
Writing Gooder

461 Reviews

Wed Feb 06, 2008 2:45 pm
GingerLizzy says...

Savannah

She sat and watched Adelle begin the opening verse of her song, sitting down on a bar stool. A soft breath escaped her lips as she smiled softly to herself.

"Who's the new chick?" A voice startled her and she truned to see Bradon, propped against the bar sipping something that looked suspiciously like alcohol.

Savannah raised an eyebrow; "Her name's Adelle." She remarked, slipping the glass from his fingers and sipping the contents to find that it was just lemonade. "She's good, huh?"

Brandon nodded and watched the girl, tapping a finger on the bar in time to the music. "I saw her in here earlier. Looked pretty desperate and scared, if I do say so. Looks too skinny..."

"Don't be rude Brandon." Savannah frowned at him and then turned her attention to the stage, where the audience was now standing, applauding louder than ever. The money would soon be rolling in.

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Feb 06, 2008 8:27 pm
Rydia says...

Adelle

I finished the song, drawing the last note out to complete silence but then, as the final echo of music faded, the crowd exploded into loud applause, some even leaping to their feet, clapping their hands and whistling. I smiled, revelling in the rush of andrenaline that came with success.

"Thank you," I spoke softly into the microphone and soon had silence. "Thank you all for your support," now my voice boomed around the room, "Have you all had a good day? Mine’s been rotten. Would you like to hear about it?” There was a chorus of ‘yes’ and ‘my day sucked!’ that accompanied this. “Well, I woke up in a barn this morning - good place to sleep if you don’t mind the smell. I woke up, turned to the nearest cow and asked ‘what’s for breakfast, cow’and do you know what she said? Well, she wouldn’t have said anything if she was a real cow but turns out she was the farmer’s wife because she told me I could have a pitch-fork if I didn't scarper so I ran and she threw the pitch fork after me anyway. A real generous cow."

The first part of my tale was met with a few smiles and a scattering of laughter but as I progressed through the story, the laughter increased until most of the audience were paying more attention to me than their drinks. And more attention to me and their drinks than the time, staying in the club much longer than they had intended.
Writing Gooder

461 Reviews

Thu Feb 07, 2008 10:22 am
GingerLizzy says...

Savannah

She doubled over laughing as Adelle streamed out her last gag of the night and bowed, before leaving the stage. With a sudden start, she realised that she was supposed to be up on the stage, as she sprinted towards the microphone.

"Well folks..." She had to stop a moment tocompose herself, cheek glowing a happy red that hadn't been seen for a long time. "Wasn't that great! Okay, half price on all drinks for the next half an hour, then I'm afraid you'll have to move your ugly mugs, outta here. Have a good night!"

Savannah bounded off the stage and released a happy sigh as she remembered the thrill that she had first felt at her first gig. She had to sign Adelle up, straight away.

Leaning her eblow on Luna's shoulder, she smiled brightly.

"Definately a gem."

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Feb 07, 2008 9:00 pm
Rydia says...

Adelle

I left the stage, practically tripping through the back door as my whole body shook with excitement. That was amazing! It had been a long time since I'd performed so much and never anywhere quite so professional.

With a dazed smile, I entered the costumes room again and sat down on a small, wooden stool at one side. The shaking subsided and a few minutes later, Savannah came striding into the room, her cheeks flushed with colour and a large grin splitting her face.

"That was great," she complimented me.

"Thank you," I said, "that was so much fun! Thank you for the opportunity."
Writing Gooder

114 Reviews

Reviews: 114
Thu Feb 07, 2008 9:13 pm
RoryLegend says...

[Lyra]

I stayed and helped clean up after everyone left. I offered to lock up but Savannah made me go home. I was avoiding leaving. Brandon kept looking at me apologetically. I wanted to be mad but I couldn't, it wasn't his fauly, it was my fault. I pulled my jacket on and headed out into the autumn night air. The apartment I lived in was only a few blocks from the bar. i knew he would be waiting there. And I knew he would be pretty angry. I walked as slow as possible. I could have walked home with my eyes closed, I knew the way so well.
All you need is 20 seconds of insane courage, and I promise you something great will come of it.

-Benjamin Mee

461 Reviews

Fri Feb 08, 2008 12:01 pm
GingerLizzy says...

Savannah

She blew air over her face and lifted her fringe from her eyes, glancing around the ar room and lowering herself into her chair, a soft smile still licking her lips. She felt five years younger; she felt alive again.

The stress and strains that the club had been piling onto her had all been woth it, and she would make sure that she'd keep her lucky charm.

"Adelle; come back tomorrow?" Savannah exhaled, glancing at the girl who was folding up the cothes from the dressing room. She nodded and smiled gratefully. "You can keep the clothes. I'll fix you a sandwich too, 'kay?"

Savannah smiled and walked off, leaving a neatly wrapped sandwich on the bar and retreating to her office for some late night accountancy. She was still there at two o'clock in the morning, and as wide awake as ever.

She wandered lazily into the bar room and smiled, standing upon the stage tracing a fingertip over the microphone. Slowly, she began to sing, just quietly as she cleaned tables and righted the chairs.

"Feeling nostalgic?" A voice remarked into the near silence of the bar, making her spin on her heels, heart thumping.

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Feb 08, 2008 7:28 pm
Rydia says...

Adelle

I considered taking the clothes as she had urged but then thought better of it. Afterall, a lot could happen out on the streets. I hefted the bag onto my shoulder and headed back through into the bar where I found a sandwich waiting for me. It was so... kind. I picked it up, feeling almost guilty but I was so hungry and the shops would be shut and... I took a bite. It was delicious.

Heading down the street, I turned to take one last look at the bar and then hurried around the corner. It was so very dark and already the swish of footsteps could be heard and only the people of the night could step so quietly; the robbers, the murderers and those like myself.

"Adelle, how've you been." It did not matter that my eyes could barely penetrate the dark because the thick, husky voice defined the man.

"Hungry," I replied quietly. "And you?"

"Ah, you know how it is. I get by. Come on, I'll treat you to a meal."

"I'd like to sleep first. But you can buy me breakfast."

"Who said anything about buying?"
Writing Gooder

461 Reviews

Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:33 am
GingerLizzy says...

Savannah

She smiled at the site of the man stood in the doorway as she ruffled her hair back from her face. Talk about a blast from the past.

"Well, at least you recognise me. How you been, Savvy?" He had a sweep of sandy brown hair with dark chocolate eyes and broad shoulders.

"It's been a while, y'know that?"

"Nya, I thought it was about time I popped in. You know, the standard of your customers is slipping... I swear I just saw a tramp girl leave here."

"That's why we've been so disconnected." Savannah growled, thinking it was only right for her to defend Adelle. "Look, if you don't mind, we're closing. In fact, we're closed."

"Hey, okay; I'm sorry."

Savannah glared at him and then threw a dishcloth his way, narrowly missing his head.

"Find somewhere else to stay."

Obsessing over what you regret won't get you anywhere.
— Steggy