z

Young Writers Society

Shapeshifters' League

114 Reviews

Reviews: 114
Mon Jan 21, 2008 8:11 pm
RoryLegend says...

BJ-

God, my dad would be so mad if he saw Falk sitting here in my room, healing my wound. I ran my hand across my shoulder and could feel the bumpy scar still left over, and the tingling sensation from Falk healing it was still there.
"Okay you have to go now!" I pleaded, practically pushing him back out the window.
"Oh, I see, you just used me for my healing powers." HE pretended to be all upset, so i couldn't help but smile. Falk was like that all the time, light hearted and playful. It made me seem like the most boring, serious person alive.
"No, it's just my dad-"
"Is a big meanie who is not going to find out i was here!" I pulled a jacket over me as i realised how cold it was in here.
"But what if he does find out?"
"He won't! Two hours, please!? I just want to talk with you, see you again! You were more than just my girlfriend, BJ, you were my best friend." I stood there silently, creating more tension, then finally said,
"Close the window please it's cold," His face lit up as he spun and closed the window, "Two hours!" I reminded him, poking his chest with my index finger.
Two hours didn't seem long enough though. We had only been talking for what felt like five minutes, when he had to go. I didn't want to tell him to stay longer, because i knew it would lead to one of two not good scenarios. The first being he would make this a regular habit, the second being he would never leave. And my dad was right, he was a distraction, but I wouldn't change him for the world.
I fell asleep in a bad mood, which was made even worse when i was woken two hours early, by my father, telling my to get ready for my next fight.
All you need is 20 seconds of insane courage, and I promise you something great will come of it.

-Benjamin Mee

164 Reviews

Reviews: 164
Tue Jan 22, 2008 2:01 am
AyumiGosu17 says...

Forget that Audra ever showed up. I can't keep up with this, or understand.

Ayumi
"Neglect not the gift that is in thee, which was given thee by prophecy, with the laying on of the hands of the presbytery." Timothy 4:14 KJV

36 Reviews

Reviews: 36
Tue Jan 22, 2008 3:52 am
motherflippinflapjacks says...

* I don't know if it's too late, but I'm going to jump in.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fera jumped out of the taxi and ran towards the giant black gates leading to the arena. Oh, she was soo late. But it wasn't her fault. Some guy bumper bruised another guy's car and caused a 30 minute hold up on the road. There was no way the taxi could get around the accident until the ambulance, fire, and tow departments had done their jobs. Now, because of someone else's bad driving, she might not even be in the competition.

She swung her bag over her shoulder and stopped at the gates. There was a tall man in black sunglasses and a black suite standing inside of a booth. He looked at her. She couldn't read him. Especially because of those sunglasses. She took her bag off of her shoulder, unzipped it and pulled out an ID card, flashing it to the guard. The man nodded and the gates slowly creaked open.

Fera slipped her ID card back into her bag and ran through the gates. She reached some tall, tinted glass doors and pushed. The doors opened up to a large hall... completely empty. She stared around for a moment. Where was she supposed to go? she looked both ways. Non one. She heightened her senses. She could hear a fight rumble coming from the hallway to her right.

She followed her senses and took a right. Her senses had made the right choice. As she reached the end of the tiled hallway, a new hall opened up to her. One full of fighting rings, with fights going on at that exact moment. She smiled. She had been waiting for her moment to shine and this was it. She took another step towards the archway when another man in a black suite and sunglasses stepped in front of her.

"And where do you think you're going?"

Fera looked at the man, unable to read him either. What was the deal with these sunglasses? "I'm supposed to be in there--"

The man held one of his hands out in front of him. "Show me some ID."

Fera nodded. "Right." She reached around and opened her bag, digging and finally pulling out her ID. "Here you go."

The man took the card and looked at it. Then back at Fera. Once again, back at the card. He grunted in approval and gave it back to Fera. "Next time, show up on time." Blood rushed to Fera's cheeks. He sounded like he was reprimanding her. The man pointed to what she thought was a ring in the giant arena. "You'll have your first fight at ring C3. Get suited up... or whatever you have to do."

Fera nodded and walked into into the lighted arena. That man wasn't the nicest of the bunch, but he wasn't going to bring down her excitement. Not today. Not now.
"I wonder if Ryan realizes that he's really twelve and a passenger on the Titanic." ~ A loving friend

*gestures in butterfly meme*
— BluesClues